Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The Positivity Threadů

I love MotUC, so much that I built shelves into my wall to hold my collection. It's so rad. You know what else? All of the negativity that seems to get out of control here- that's all just a result of peoples passion for MotU, so that's even positive in a way. Y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jay View Post
    I'm new to this forum and to collecting the "Classics" line.

So far I've just got: Buzz-Off, Keldor, Hordak, and Man-E-Faces.

I'm 34 years old and had a bunch of He-Man toys back in the day. Being able to buy some new figures is cool and brings back those old feelings again.

I'm happy the line exists. Happy this forum/website exists. And happy to see the cartoons again on Netflix.

Overall.....I'm positively happy!!
    Wow! Buzz-Off was the first MOTU figure I ever held in my hands - this happened in 1989. I come from Slovak Republic and at that time there was a revolution and the comunist regime was over. I was in the 1st year of primary school. During the comunist regime you could not buy any toys produced in the western block because it was considered to be a western propaganda. But my friend's father worked in Switzerland as a pianist on a ship and bought MOTU figures for my friend. He had BA He-Man, Buzz-Off, BA Skeletor, Kobra Khan and some other figures. Nobody in the class has ever seen such thing. My friend became the coolest guy in the class immediately - because he had action figures with armor that can be "destroyed"! Buzz-Off was the most bizzare looking and eye-catching of the figures. I remember holding him in my hands - how awesome he was! Probably I do not need to tell you the feeling when I recieved my MOTUC Buzz-Off from Mattycollector last year. I was 6 years old again!

Which announced figures are you pumped for?

All the reveals at SDCC were pretty exciting for me. I'd say maybe Flipshot is one I didn't really care about, but he looks like a pretty cool figure. I'm so over the moon that Shadow Weaver and Sorceress are coming so soon The Fisto and Kobra Khan prototypes were damn perfect looking. I mean, I knew the 4H could make Fisto look cool, but I am way more pumped for getting that figure than I ever would have thought possible. The head sculpt is fantastic. Khan is exactly how I wanted to see him done with the alternate hooded head sculpt and a unique torso piece rather than an armor overlay. The little lizard guy is a cool bonus, too.

The star sisters double my rebel faction in one go and they look really pretty, so I'm pretty excited for them. Swifty actually being filmation colors was another choice I was really pleased with. That's the version I really wanted.

Which ones are you looking forward to the most?

Probably Shadow Weaver. She looks perfect and is probably my most wanted filmation character. I love that they hurried her out first.

Have any exceeded your expectations?

For SDCC reveals I already mentioned Fisto looking way more badass than I really thought he could, but I also really loved Demo-Man's prototype. I liked the Vikor figure based on the Mark Taylor drawing, but never really looked forward to a figure based on the Demo-Man one. The figure looks really phenominal, though. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

I heard that there was cake in this thread. I hope that it's vanilla with frosting.

But seriously, I am very excited about this line and I can't believe that Shadow Weaver is finally coming. I can't wait to further flesh out my collection of Horde members.

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    Great idea for a thread! I'd just like to say that I am just excited to be able to purchase these figures and see the characters I grew up with during my childhood brought back in style.

And Kobra Kahn looks fantastic!

Which announced figures are you pumped for?

Looking forward to the Sorceress, Shadow Weaver, KK, Fisto, and Draego-Man.

Which ones are you looking forward to the most?

Shadow Weaver; now the Horde has their witch finally, and Draego-Man naturally! DM looks fantastic and as a concept is one of the many reasons why I love MOTUC in the first place.

Have any exceeded your expectations?

The 4H went the extra mile with Fisto. I don't know if I can afford another, but I never thought I would want to get two figures of him. Both versions are amazing.

Cool thread!

For me, the great things about the line are the things so many of us seem to forget. Like:
    • The fact that Man-At-Arms came withe the vintage toy head and a mustache head
    • Mer-Man finally looks like his cardback pic
    • We got the card art sword for Tri-Klops and a two-tone sword for She-Ra
    • 200X sword for Fisto
    • A proper scale Orko
    • A new paint app on BA Skeletor's face
    • A new head sculpt for Adam
    • A running change to give us non-flocked ears for Moss Man
    • We finally got Tytus, Megator, He-Ro, Wun-Dar, Adora, Marlena and SHADOW WEAVER
    • Faceless One's hood got painted black
    • Marzo's amulet was translucent
    • BONUS Kronis with Trap Jaw
    • Sorceress (nuff said)
    • not to mention the fact that we are getting this awesome line.

So many things that we always wanted, or wanted fixed and we got it.

i love motu c and i will go till the end with it!!!
    LONG LIVE TO MOTUC!!!!

i want to COLLECT THEM ALL!
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    Wow! Buzz-Off was the first MOTU figure I ever held in my hands - this happened in 1989. I come from Slovak Republic and at that time there was a revolution and the comunist regime was over. I was in the 1st year of primary school. During the comunist regime you could not buy any toys produced in the western block because it was considered to be a western propaganda. But my friend's father worked in Switzerland as a pianist on a ship and bought MOTU figures for my friend. He had BA He-Man, Buzz-Off, BA Skeletor, Kobra Khan and some other figures. Nobody in the class has ever seen such thing. My friend became the coolest guy in the class immediately - because he had action figures with armor that can be "destroyed"! Buzz-Off was the most bizzare looking and eye-catching of the figures. I remember holding him in my hands - how awesome he was! Probably I do not need to tell you the feeling when I recieved my MOTUC Buzz-Off from Mattycollector last year. I was 6 years old again!
    That's a really nice story.

With the Filmation right secured, I am stoked to get Shadow Weaver. I also can't wait to see some of the others: Strong Arm, Madam Razz, Scorpia and Octavia!

Since I got laid off in February and have had a hard time getting work (i do some freelance design and drawings which helps alot) things have been a little tight, and to say the least frustrating, BUT knowing that the 15th of the month is around the corner and that around the 20th ill be receiving new masters of the universe figures really makes me excited. Every time i open a new figure its like i am a little kid again and everything just seems to make sense and I forget about life for just a little while, its an awesome feeling and to be perfectly honest there isn't a single other toyline that for me has ever really made me feel this way, but of course as a kid masters was THE toyline for me, and all others failed in comparison. It's why i have gladly given up other toy line collecting in these hard times but can't drop motuc
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

Want:
    SDCC Filmation Hordak w/ Imp and Treasure Chest Imp

Have:
    Goat Man, Loo-kee, and Kowl

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

I just received Queen Marlena two days ago and she's one dream come true as a figure. As a child I often wished I'd have a Marlena figure and now I finally have one, yay. Now I'll just have to patiently wait for a Randor figure (the BurgerKing version I liked not).
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

It would love it if they released a 'Captain' Randor figure from the first 2002 episode that you could transform into a 2002 style King Randor figure.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    The vision of the 'Holiday Special' Adam with Relay that came up in another thread has pretty much turned the warm and fuzzies up to 11. Relay aside, if I could sew, I would consider making the Adam myself.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Heroic Warrior

Positively Awesome++++++++++++++++

I remember getting Castle Grayskull and the first seven MOTU figures in the 80's. I loved them. Then my parents went on a anti-monster thing and wouldn't allow me another MOTU toy. Sigh. Now that I am getting them, it is such a great feeling. You can not replicate that nostalgic feeling, but I would like to point out something it seems like people are may be overlooking. NEW NOSTALGIC MEMORIES!
    I know nothing about Star Sisters, Shadow Weaver, or other POP characters. I have two young daughters 1 and 3 just starting to get into my stuff. I can not express the joy I am experiencing in anticipation of creating a whole new wave of nostalgic memories as I will watch the entire He-man NA and She-Ra series for the first time with my daughters when they are ready. I am getting four Star Sisters. One for each plus a backup, cause they will break them along the way. MOTU has such unique characters and universe incorporating so many female characters, it is great!!

MOTUC IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! That is all.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

tomorrow marks my one month of being sucked-into the MOTUC line...it's too early for me to be negative about it. i'm still in the honeymoon phase.
    In what month should i start being negative about it?
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Quote Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
    tomorrow marks my one month of being sucked-into the MOTUC line...it's too early for me to be negative about it. i'm still in the honeymoon phase.
    In what month should i start being negative about it?
    You'll never get to that point!

Quote Originally Posted by Seamatty View Post
    haha, thanx! if i ever do sound like it, i blow it off, and move along.
    better than letting it fester.
    I'm watching the episode of the 1980s He-Man show where Orko goes with a girl Orko into a pyramid back to his homeworld, and everything is BACKWARDS.
    Finally Adam figures out that he has to say "By the power of Greyskull" backwards to transform, and of course i want it to be humourous...if only i was a cartoonist to make-up silly spoofs...but i'd make his transformation backwards, where he'd have the lightning and POOF!!! He's wearing She-Ra's outfit! haha! Ahhhh...what a positive ending(watching it still) "Believe in yourself Orko!"

This is the coolest thread ! I'm agree with you keep positive !

Quote Originally Posted by Seamatty View Post
    I agree! I'm as excited for the next figure as I was with my first one. Every night, I take out one figure from the collection and sort of reappreciate it all over again.
    I do tend to take them for granted a bit since I see them on my shelf every day and all, so I thought it would be a nice idea just to remind myself how amazing these toys are.
    Anyway, last night it was Moss Man's turn, and I'm amazed at how cool he is. I might have to revise my top 3 list, because he's just such a great figure.

Getting tired of this line is impossible...

Court Magician
    Great Thread! Thought the SDCC reveals were awesome and look forward to seeing which Filmation characters we're going to get in 2012 and beyond!

Personally I'm looking forward to a Filmation Hordak and the Trollans!

I'm actually looking forward to the Star Sisters... I think that'll be a great set to have!

Hopefully MOTUC will have a great 2012 and the 2013 sub sales will keep this line going!

it's almost 2 months now, and i am still in love with this line, and get warm-fuzzies thinking about it...when again does this pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
    it's almost 2 months now, and i am still in love with this line, and get warm-fuzzies thinking about it...when again does this pass?
    NEVER!!

I'm so happy for todays reveals too!!
    Slush-Head is the stand out for me!!

Can't wait to see some good quality photos of the reveals.

Yay! the positivity thread!

It looks like there were some really great reveals today, can't wait to see some more pics!
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.