View Poll Results: Do you like Battleground Evil-Lyn?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

98 73.13%
  • No

36 26.87%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you like Battleground Evil-Lyn?

Do you like Battleground Evil-Lyn?

Pretty simple question with simple response options. Yes or no?

god no

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Yes, I do.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I think her figure looks amazing, even if it is mostly a repaint. The colors, cape and separate helmetless head sculpt make it different enough to where I enjoy it.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    She looks superb! Im an 'old school' collector so I will always prefer the Classic Yellow version, But If I have to have her in these colors...then this is how I want her!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

You bet I do.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    While I don't hate the figure, I voted "No".

She needs her 200X tunic--the one we asked for.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

While I am one of the first to want 200x variants I am content with the Evil Lyn we have now.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Love her, thinks she looks amazing
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I think she is great.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I think she looks amazing. So she didn't have a couple bones on her bra, big deal. The colors are amazing, the accessories WILL be amazing (glow in the dark powered up staff!!!1!), and the helmet-less head is equally amazing! I like that she looks a bit more Meg Foster in the face not being yellow and all! Looks great!

Perfect variant for a line called MOTU classics, sorry to the 200xers though, I understand what they wanted to see.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    I'm unhappy with Battleground Evil-Lyn. I like her helmetless head. I like her color scheme. I like that her skin is not extremely yellow. I like that she has a cape. I like her accessories, especially the glow-in-the-dark staff piece. I like the spellcasting hand (even though I worry it will be too soft). I like her because she's Evil-Lyn. I like the design of the Teela dress as such. Battleground Evil-Lyn is pretty much exactly the MOTUC Evil-Lyn I was expecting to come out back in April 2010. There's no denying that she looks beautiful. But I'm unhappy with her, and the way they treated this figure, all things considered.

I'll leave it up to you to figure out whether that translates to an absolute yes or absolute no.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i'm very satisfied with ba el.
    this is what i was expecting.
    she got myp paint job, cape, extra head & casting hand.
    very nice.

She is going to be one of my fave figures.

It would be interesting to ask this again once a 200X version comes out and all of the angry people have calmed down.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    I always loved Evil-Lyn and I really dig the vintage and 'yellow' Classics version. But this one...? Brilliant! The repaint is very, very nice. I love her with that sexy, short hair! Plus, we get a new cape and the glow in the dark orb! Man, can't wait to get this figure.

Oh yeah, I voted yes.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Yeah, pretty much.

I voted no, simply because I would have preferred they held off and gave us this color scheme and helmetless head on a proper 2002-costumed body with twist waist. I think she does look great in these colors and her helmetless head sculpt is wonderful. I appreciate the open spellcasting hand, even though I suspect it's going to be gummy like Catra's. I do NOT like that accessory-wise, it's the same wand and knife in different colors. Maybe I could have forgave the wand, but instead of the knife there should have been something new for an accessory. I do appreciate the cape, but want one in a Weapons Pak that will match my yellow Evil-Lyn.
    All in all, it just kinda feels like I'm going to be buying 5 different versions of Evil-Lyn by the time this line is done. While I love her, that's a hundred bucks plus taxes and shipping- so that aspect of it contributes to my "NO" factor.

I think she'll make an awesome MOTUC figure and I'm quite pleased with how she turned out.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

i'd like to see the armor like on the 200X version, with the boney parts, so she matches the Faceless One better.
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Voted "yes" only because of the awesome second head we're getting with her. Love that. Otherwise it's a no for me. Hope they get it right the third time around.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Glad to see that the overwhelming majority is as I am: Yes.

She is the top 2 things I'd want in a 200x Evil Lyn. Skin Colour & Clothes Colours.

Plus she has a helmetless head (score!) and a cape (double score!!). She is win for what she is.

Could she have had, did I kinda think she'd have had a more 200x style clothes? Yeah. Do I think it is neccessary? No.

Does she work as is? Yes. But then again I understand what Mattel has said since the begining about 200x Style.

Much like Zodak's clothes are in no way his 200x clothes, with the repaint and in his case parts swap (that were not 200x parts mind you) he was a perfect MOTUC figure. He was never supposed to be a literal 200x figure. Nor was BA Evil Lyn.

If I'm supprised about anything it's that people can still be dissapointed after all these years of knowing how it is going to work.

So basically this has the same amount of people disliking it as any other figure might.

If she'd had a 200x tunic, those who hate 200x wouldn't have liked it. And the overly-critical crowd would post umpteen oversized photos of alleged 'flaws', proclaiming them as a 'slap in the face'.
    You can't please everyone, but the majority seems pleased as usual.

Yeah, I'm cool with it. Sure, I'd like the 200X dress, but this is way cooler than I thought a repaint would be.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    So basically this has the same amount of people disliking it as any other figure might.
    When you word the question that way. Alternatively you could have asked how many are satisfied with her and how many have problems with her. You might find that it's possible to like a product while simultaneously feeling disappointed and thinking it is flawed. Human emotions don't work on a black & white, on or off logic.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

I chose yes or a no for a reason. If someone is satisfied they can vote yes. If they have problems that outweigh their like of the figure, they can vote no.
    ie: I don't like the use of the Catra hand, but for me it's a minor issue. I like the figure quite a bit.
    Saying 'satisfied' would have enabled spin-doctors to say something like "Yeah, they're satisfied, but that doesn't mean they really like her, it should have been this..." etc. etc, carrying on the argument forever. I wanted more concrete and simple response options due to the large amount of negative posts by a very small number of people. Just to get a general sense of where people stand.