Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Wind Raider Thread

Heroic Warrior
    This is a dream come true. The price is incredible, it has action features (whether mattel likes to admit it or not), amazing box art and it comes with a stand. I don't know why but I feel like buying two. If mattel wanted to sell subs this vehicle should've been the exclusive. The four horsemen really outdid themselves on this one. I had this vehicle as a kid and I must have it now.

I am hoping to buy 2 of them if they are available.

They look awesome.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind getting a jpg of that box art. It would make nice wallpaper on my PC.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

i'm really psyched to get the wind raider. i'm not a MOC guy with this line, but I may buy 2 and keep 1 in the box.

One of the major reasons why I was into MOTU when I was a kid is because of the inclusion of vehicles and Playsets, and now it's time for the MOTUC line to gain back that awesome flair.
    The Wind-Raider is absolutely one the most iconic vehicles out there and it's great to see it being released soon, hoping for more vehicles to follow its path. I myself will try to buy at least three...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by cobz1976 View Post
    The wind raider was my favorite vehicle as a kid, and still is. I still have the same wind raider I had when I was 5 in my room.

I can't wait to get the classics version. I'm thinking of buying two.

Vintage
    http://www.poeghostal.com/wp-content...ndraider1a.jpg

Classics
    http://www.poeghostal.com/wp-content...WINDRAIDER.jpg
    not sure which way the handle bars on new Wind Raider should go at 4Horsemen website they are inside the cockpit, but at SDCC and box art, they located outside the vechicle.

Variant again, Mattel ??

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I didn't have it as a child and want to save space for Swift Wind and Granamyr etc, so I'll pass on the Wind Raider. I'd be more excited for certain other vehicles
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Quote Originally Posted by rex_tech View Post
    not sure which way the handle bars on new Wind Raider should go at 4Horsemen website they are inside the cockpit, but at SDCC and box art, they located outside the vechicle.

Variant again, Mattel ??
    The way they were at SDCC were wrong. Propably they provided a photo to the artist, that also had them the wrong way, so he drew them accordingly.

I am soooooooooooooo happy this is coming out this year. I never had 1 back then so yeah this totally has me giddy with happyness now that I can buy 1.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Pretty bummed this is getting bumped back to Nov/Dec.

Nice to know they are still considering a pilot release.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Pretty bummed this is getting bumped back to Nov/Dec.
    Me too If they move Wind Raider and BG Evil-Lyn to November it is going to kill most of us financially
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; September 1, 2011 at 04:09am.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

They want to move it to December. Not November.!!!!!

For me they dont must move anything.
    Moving BG Evil Lyn to Dec. is ok.

But you shouldn't move the Wind Raider.
    Let it stay in Oktober.

So excited about Wind Raider, It looks amazing!

Planning to get 2....maybe 3

HD figures on youtube
    I don't care what month, no way am I missing this bad boy! I gotta get two, this is one of those times I want a MIB for my collection.

Planning to get 2....maybe 3
    Yeah, I keep going back & forth with myself about three also lol. I might want two loose...

Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    I don't care what month, no way am I missing this bad boy! I gotta get two, this is one of those times I want a MIB for my collection.

Yeah, I keep going back & forth with myself about three also lol. I might want two loose...
    I have to get at least two. One MOC, one loose, but I'm also having that same debate with myself.. an extra loose perhaps.

Does it seat two?

I think it got a bit lost in all the other news, but we did find out something interesting during Power-Con. During a panel, the 4H revealed they just found out that instead of traditional paint apps, The many-colored bits of the Wind Raider are actually achieved using a new kind of decal. They basically float on top of a vat of water and the toy is then raised up towards the decal. the final effect is the decal is so thin it looks just like paint! So that's how they were able to do all those colors on the Wind Raider. They seemed excited about it and I think this is a really exciting technique. The final result was certainly impressive to see. I tried to look up info because I was kind of fascinated by this but no luck so far.

Heroic Warrior
    So that means that the decal could come off?

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    So that means that the decal could come off?
    It should be okay...I think Hasbro is using the same type decal on their Star Wars vehicles...they cover large areas and look like weathering. They are definitely permanent.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Upon hearing that the Wind Raider will be $45 I'm not sure if I'll be getting it. If it comes out in November I will have to pass because of all the other releases that month. If December, then I may pick it up.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I think it got a bit lost in all the other news, but we did find out something interesting during Power-Con. During a panel, the 4H revealed they just found out that instead of traditional paint apps, The many-colored bits of the Wind Raider are actually achieved using a new kind of decal. They basically float on top of a vat of water and the toy is then raised up towards the decal. the final effect is the decal is so thin it looks just like paint! So that's how they were able to do all those colors on the Wind Raider. They seemed excited about it and I think this is a really exciting technique. The final result was certainly impressive to see. I tried to look up info because I was kind of fascinated by this but no luck so far.
    That's awesome. Makes sense, I was wondering how they were getting consistent tight gradients masked like that. Kudos for new/old technology!

Sounds very similar to the types of decals used on model kits.

I just hope they're very sturdy. We all know how "stickers" can be sometimes.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

there's an episode of american chopper from last year that gives an example of this process. it is really cool to see.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    $45 is a very reasonable pricepoint, especially for such a fine looking vehicle. I might have to pick one up.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Seeing this in person at power con, the thing that struck me was how massive this thing is. I knew it looked cool, but was expecting it to be smaller.

I still wish that battle ram was first, but I am psyched for this.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?