Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: The Official Wind Raider Thread

We really need a separate vehicle subscription much like the Filmation one, (Or even better a pre-order system)... At least for those who want them have the option to get them without screwing up with the main MOTUC subscription, what do you say?
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    We really need a separate vehicle subscription much like the Filmation one, (Or even better a pre-order system)... At least for those who want them have the option to get them without screwing up with the main MOTUC subscription, what do you say?
    I don't think that would work since vehicles are more expensive and not everyone wants every vehicle. But I keep thinking about that awesome Battle Ram.....
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I don't think that would work since vehicles are more expensive and not everyone wants every vehicle. But I keep thinking about that awesome Battle Ram.....
    After thinking about it for a second, I guess a subscription won't work either, every vehicle has its own size and budget, however a pre-order deal might work, especially if they budget it with two or three units in every pre-order, that's if Mattel doesn't request an outrageous minimum order... Well, I guess I'm just dreaming, ehh.

I'd either do a sub or a presale. I'm down for at least 2 of each vehicle made....maybe more depending on what it is.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    After thinking about it for a second, I guess a subscription won't work either, every vehicle has its own size and budget, however a pre-order deal might work, especially if they budget it with two or three units in every pre-order, that's if Mattel doesn't request an outrageous minimum order... Well, I guess I'm just dreaming, ehh.
    A sub is just a kind of pre-order. And a sub doesn't necessarily mean every item in the sub has to be at the same price point (the 2013 Club Eternia sub has 14×$25 items, 1×$30 item, 1×$50 item and 1×$75 item). They could do a 3-item sub for the FFM vehicles (Attak Trak, Roton, Talon Fighter) and set the price individually for each. Or a 2-item sub for the Battle Ram (say $50) and a Sky Sled + War Sled 2-pack (say $40).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    A sub is just a kind of pre-order. And a sub doesn't necessarily mean every item in the sub has to be at the same price point (the 2013 Club Eternia sub has 14×$25 items, 1×$30 item, 1×$50 item and 1×$75 item). They could do a 3-item sub for the FFM vehicles (Attak Trak, Roton, Talon Fighter) and set the price individually for each. Or a 2-item sub for the Battle Ram (say $50) and a Sky Sled + War Sled 2-pack (say $40).
    You gotta point there, however I think a sub would work only if the cost of the units offered is precisely calculated since there aren't any reusable parts/molds that could give Mattel a clearer estimate!
    Anyhow, it would be awesome if either (a sub, or a pre-order) could be offered during the SDCC event, but I really doubt it knowing the demand that Mattel expects isn't there...
    Last edited by Darkkosis; March 1, 2013 at 12:58am.

I think a yearly offer presale would be good, like they did Grayskull. Just give us the specs, and if the goal is met, then make it for us. Talon Fighter w/ Point Dread should be next in 2014, then Battle Ram 2015, Attack Track 2016, The Collector 2017 etc. But should be announced at this years comic con, so it could be sold by Summer 2014 as December 2014 will be Snake Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    I think a yearly offer presale would be good, like they did Grayskull. Just give us the specs, and if the goal is met, then make it for us. Talon Fighter w/ Point Dread should be next in 2014, then Battle Ram 2015, Attack Track 2016, The Collector 2017 etc. But should be announced at this years comic con, so it could be sold by Summer 2014 as December 2014 will be Snake Mountain.
    If the main line is somehow ending in 2014, I think one vehicle per year is a little too dry. I believe 2 minimum would engage fans more into it, or better yet one for every quarter.

Toyguru had stated that a new vehicle is unlikely due to poor Wind Raider sales. That sucks. The Wind Raider is the best item offered in the Classics line, IMHO. And I'm sure that other vehicles could be just as amazing. It's too bad it is unlikely.

BUT: I think the next vehicle order should be:
    1. Battle Ram (already scuplted and displayed by the 4H)
    2. Roton (represented on Wind Raider box art)
    3. Talon Fighter w/ Point Dread (as add-on to Castle Grayskull)
    4. Attak Trak (maybe)
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by Lentzquest View Post
    I haven't bought one simply because there's no evil equivalent to balance it out. .
    what about Griffin, not quite a vehicle but certainly an air/villain semi-equivelant, yes?
    My Collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdi0veA8Kn0

Vintage Collector:
    Sell Me your MOC Vintage

My Feed Back Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...61#post3202161

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Toyguru had stated that a new vehicle is unlikely due to poor Wind Raider sales. That sucks. The Wind Raider is the best item offered in the Classics line, IMHO. And I'm sure that other vehicles could be just as amazing. It's too bad it is unlikely.

4. Attak Trak (maybe)
    I basically agree with that. I think Battle Ram plus the 3 FFM vehicles (Roton, Talon Fighter, Attak Trak) are essential for the line's completeness (i.e., to me it would look severely lacking without them, especially now that we're getting those 3 pilots), and I think Battle Ram (already sculpted and overall the most iconic) should come first, then Roton (the most iconic evil vehicle), and then the other two.

After those, I'd place the Road Ripper (a small but cool vehicle that could fit in every collectors' display), the Collector (one of the largest, but the most iconic to come out of Filmation), the Batmeks (the army-builder vehicles of the Horde) and the Astrosub (the most essential NA vehicle aside from the playset-like Starship Eternia).

If the main line is somehow ending in 2014, I think one vehicle per year is a little too dry. I believe 2 minimum would engage fans more into it, or better yet one for every quarter.
    Since there are at least 4 more vehicles that I think should be done before the line ends, if it ends in 2014, a quarterly sub would be needed.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

4. Attak Trak (maybe)
    Those are my top four anyways.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Previous to the Grayskull debacle, I would've immediately supported the idea of pre-orders for vehicles, as long as we knew exactly which one we were getting.

But at this point, I don't think I'll pre-order anything from Mattel ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Previous to the Grayskull debacle, I would've immediately supported the idea of pre-orders for vehicles, as long as we knew exactly which one we were getting.

But at this point, I don't think I'll pre-order anything from Mattel ever again.
    I think the same. What it happened with the CG is a big mess...

4. Attak Trak (maybe)
    These would be my favourites as well. Though I also really love the Road Ripper. And Battle Bones.

I agree CG is a mess but I still would pre-order thse, especially the Battle Ram. We've seen the sculpt. It's Awesome!
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    I agree CG is a mess but I still would pre-order thse, especially the Battle Ram. We've seen the sculpt. It's Awesome!
    Said proto Battle Ram is indeed a freakin' MASTERPIECE!
    That's not what's in question.

I would absolutely purchase one, once I'd seen the final product and knew beyond the shadow of a doubt that the integrity of the 4H's work hadn't been compromised.

But to pre-order based on how amazing the prototype Battle Ram is, only to have the price pinballed around, features removed, get a version where the figures don't fit, or drag their feet on the ground, or some other blunder . . . no thanks.

Subscription OR Whatever gets them produced and keep the line alive!
    Make the whole in subscription
    Saturday Morning ToyZ at Facebook, Flickr and Blogspot!

Snappy Threader
    Just gotta get them to sell out of the Wind Raiders as the first step.......

I love my Wind Raiders.

Snappy Threader
    Oh I know me too. They are absolutely amazing! Well worth the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by GFunny View Post
    what about Griffin, not quite a vehicle but certainly an air/villain semi-equivelant, yes?
    Not quite in the same league. Griffin's a great matchup for Swiftwind though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lentzquest View Post
    Not quite in the same league. Griffin's a great matchup for Swiftwind though.
    Three Griffins on the other hand ...

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Just gotta get them to sell out of the Wind Raiders as the first step.......
    The Wind Raider is one of the best items produced by Mattel. They didn't cut corners on it. The Four Horsemen and Mattel's in-house design team did an incredible job. It's sad that it didn't sell better since it is a genuine masterpiece.

Sales have been so slow that I doubt Mattel will move forward with another vehicle even when the Wind Raider finally sells out. What more can Mattel realistically do? They made a perfect Wind Raider and they still can't sell the volume they need to move forward on other vehicles.
    Last edited by Hosed Ovor; March 6, 2013 at 01:36am.

We should hit up yodafreakmaster..maybe he could buy the rest of the wind raiders.They obviously produced too many of these.

I wonder how many of these things were produced, or how many have been bought by the .org members alone.
    Maybe the productionvolume was simple way too high.

I have one - and I also think its an incredible masterpiece. I would love an sub or a preorder system for further vehicles... omg, a classics Fright Fighter or Spydor.... (I know: thats not very likely) - I would buy them at any price