Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Wind Raider Thread

That shot is so cool. December is so far away...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    In the words of Joey, Blossom's brother:

"Woah!"
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'd posted these in the Power-Con Photo Gallery thread, they belong here just as well...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm one of the people who weren't going to collect vehicles in this line, but collect everything else (because of cost and space) but the Wind Raider is just TOO awesome looking and functioning NOT to buy!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Seeing this at PowerCon was so awesome. It's larger than I thought.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    Seeing this at PowerCon was so awesome. It's larger than I thought.
    It is larger, agreed. I have no idea where I'll display it, if at all, but I don't see how I'll not want to get one. It is gorgeous!

A Defender of Grayskull coolapex's Avatar
    Is that the coolest vehicle ever or what?! The Wind Raider was my first MOTU vehicle, back when I was a kid, so I'm so excited to be getting it in just a few months and the box art is jaw dropping. Merry Christmas coolapex!
    Last edited by coolapex; October 16, 2011 at 02:45am.

This 'First Look' review at theFwoosh has several excellent pictures! Can't wait!

http://thefwoosh.com/2011/10/first-l...cs-wind-raider

I hope Mattel gives us all a holiday present and waive the WSOD 'requirement'.

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    I can't wait to get this bad boy into my house. Now we just need the pilot...
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Quote Originally Posted by superheman View Post
    This 'First Look' review at theFwoosh has several excellent pictures! Can't wait!

http://thefwoosh.com/2011/10/first-l...cs-wind-raider

I hope Mattel gives us all a holiday present and waive the WSOD 'requirement'.
    Ooooh, photanium (She-Demon of Phantos), coridite (Evil-Lyn's plot)... but Toyguru forgot to mark the blaster cannons (House of Shokoti).

Would be cool if they'd make Filmation accurate version as well.
    The current one could be battle Windraider, while Filmation one could be for traveling (hence more passenger space).

Similar thing could be done with Attack-Track:
    Toy version - Battle Attack-Track
    Filmation version - Troop carrier Attack-Track.
    Last edited by Grimbot; October 17, 2011 at 07:03am.

Heroic Warrior
    Happy Christmas, to ME.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superheman View Post
    That review makes it clear that this thing is actually still a bargain at $45. I had no idea the amount of detail, both painted and sculpted, this thing has. The work on the controls eclipses anything similar I've ever seen on a plastic vehicle.

I've got no problem with the price point on this thing, with a working, launching winch and detailing out the wazoo. Star Wars, look out, this sets a new standard on action figure vehicles in my book.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

they knocked it out of the park with this one!!! Now about that Battle Ram!!!

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    I am so in love with this vehicle, I can't even find the words!!! I too am hoping for the battle ram to follow soon since we saw how amazing it would be also.

Out of curiosity, Fwoosh mentions that these numbers on the blue print artwork under the Duncan signature would mean something to many. I am sadly not in the know for that info. Can anyone spell them out for me?

82-06-22-02-11-14
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beyond the legends View Post
    Out of curiosity, Fwoosh mentions that these numbers on the blue print artwork under the Duncan signature would mean something to many. I am sadly not in the know for that info. Can anyone spell them out for me?

82-06-22-02-11-14
    '82 is when MOTU started, but whether it was June (06), I'm not sure.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Snappy Threader
    They did such an awesome job sculpting the Wind Raider. I can't wait to (hopefully) see the Talon Fighter...and Attak Trak...and Battle Ram...and Land Shark...and...

Yep... I'm another who is counting down the days till i get the WR. Hopefully, i can nab a couple on the day.

The box art is fantastic and i feel i'll appreciate it more when i see it in person. I really like the idea of having the blueprints of the WR on the reverse side of the box (rather than Classics figures LoL). Nice touch Mattel!

As for the WR itself, i never owned the vintage until recently but it's always been one of my favourites since i was a kid. Now to have an updated Classics version is awesome. I'm content with the level of detail in terms of sculpt and feature-wise that's gone into it and the base it comes with so you can have "float" is a great idea. I'm not fussed about the WR pilot as he was only on the box art of the vintage packaging (i think?). I see one of the Palace Guards or MAA flying (read:sitting in) my WR.

Looks like it's gonna be fast shipping in lieu of the normal "snail pace" shipping for this item so i get it before my b/day & Christmas. Demo Man can wait till January though... LoL.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    '82 is when MOTU started, but whether it was June (06), I'm not sure.
    02-11-14 was the 200X line launch date.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post

I've got no problem with the price point on this thing, with a working, launching winch and detailing out the wazoo. Star Wars, look out, this sets a new standard on action figure vehicles in my book.
    This just goes to show that Mattel dropped the ball in 2002 when they took vehicle and playset duties away from the Fab Four.
    Last edited by krosfyah; October 19, 2011 at 06:28am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    They should put He-Man up for sale the same day they sell the Wind Raider.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

After looking the Wind Raider over for the last hour, I just had to post my thanks to Mattel, the Four Horsemen, Scott, and anyone else that brought this work of art to life.

Would you have thought years ago you would see something this cool in toy form sitting in front of your eyes?

The sculpt, the mechanics, the paint, and the stand are all excellent and it really feels like a quality piece. The way the sculpt and the paint job on what was the stickers on the original brings the old vintage pre-Filmation vibe to life. It just fills me with the old school MOTU feelings that made me love the line as a kid.

Oh, and Mr. Obrero's painting is great as is the art on the back of the box, "Human and Gars only!" Ha!

I'm loving mine as well! It came yesterday…

Simply a beautiful addition to the Classics collection! The detail, the paint apps…everything! And I agree with shantustarsun…it does have a pre-FILMation vibe to it. The artwork on the box is beautiful…I hope that's the beginning of more!

The stand brings a whole new level of pose-ability to a vehicle! I keep noticing more details on it every time I look at it! Like what appear to be laser guns under the bottom of the front end.

A definite A+ to the Four Horsemen and Mattel for this awesome vehicle!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I really love...love the artwork on the WR box by Mr. Obreo. I want more artwork on the card backs please.

Heroic Warrior
    I finally got my box of stuff two days ago but didn't get to open it until yesterday morning. When I pulled the Wind Raider box out of the carton I was amazed at how small the white mailer was and the actual box inside of that looked far too small to hold the Wind Raider I'd been seeing in all of these photos. Granted it is bigger than you would expect from the box, but it still doesn't look nearly as big as in all of the online photos and reviews. I'm not saying that I'm disappointed in the size as it will still take up quite a bit of shelf space just that it's not two-feet long as I expected it to be.

(oh, and the box art is fantastic! Hey, Scott... can we get a poster from this?...)
    Last edited by Jim_Abell; January 1, 2012 at 09:55am.

One the Classics line BEST releases yet!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Heroic Warrior
    This thing is gorgous.I took mine out of the box.I love it.Best MOTU item ever.I wish Mattel would make the circular vehicle of Skelltor's that is pictured on the box of the windraider.Can't remember what the vehicle is called.Has a saw blade the spins around it.