Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Wind Raider Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    This thing is gorgous.I took mine out of the box.I love it.Best MOTU item ever.I wish Mattel would make the circular vehicle of Skelltor's that is pictured on the box of the windraider.Can't remember what the vehicle is called.Has a saw blade the spins around it.
    Roton! YEAH!!!
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

I'm amazed that this thing did not disappoint after looking so great in all of the photos. Incredibly well done. I'm almost terrified about how gigantic any other vehicles and playsets would be, considering this wasn't a particularly large vintage toy.

well this is my first toy for 2012 and Im telling you guy's this is a great vehicule. I had the chance to see it at the sdcc and the powercon last year but holding the vehicule in my hands playing with the display stand .Just amazing .

These things don't usually bother me, but this does. I didn't know til just now thanks to Poe Ghostal, but the Wind Raider is supposed to have guns in the bottom of the vehicle.

Check yours. I got lucky and mine have them.

Heroic Warrior
    Wind Raider is awesome, and mine thankfully is complete with the guns.
    Good trades with: Cammor

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Shipped on the 20th and I still do not have it. UPS is telling me they do not have it, Matty is telling me it takes 7-10 business days to arrive from UPS. Now maybe my math is wrong, but Dec 20th - Jan 5th has had a lot more than 10 business days.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Hi all,
    I got my Wind Raider on 12/24, and was super excited. There was a problem with one of the wings not staying on, and I was just typing here asking if anyone else had this problem - when ... I just fixed it! Hurray, good as new!
    If your wing doesn't stay in it's slot, simply tighten the Phillips screw inside. (they are on both sides) So happy this worked!
    Hope this helps!
    I'm a musician, and if you'd please check out my music, I'd be so grateful. Like it on facebook here:
    www.facebook.com/peterdamoremusic

I just recieved my Wind Raider (got lucky and it bypassed customs). Its absolutely gorgeous, but I can't fit the tailfin in porperly. Is it just suppsed to be pushed into the top hole? Or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: figured it out. I looked at some pictures and realized I hadn't pushed it in all the way
    Last edited by TuShan; January 6, 2012 at 10:10am.
    Cheers,
    TuShan

My Deviantart Page

Heroic Warrior
    Interesting. Pretty sure my WR doesn't have the guns on the bottom. I'll have to check when I get home.

Has anyone figure how to switch the handles around yet? I don't like how it blocks the control panel and they are shown out on all the drawings too.

Received mine today. Everything's there, great paintjob. Absolutely stunning!

Is your winch mechanism totally wobbly, too? Mine shakes to and fro, both pushed inside and pulled outside... The prototype was firm and strong, not wobbly at all. Is this a manufacturing error or is it supposed to be like this?
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    LOVE the Wind Raider!!! It has GREATLY surpassed all of my expectations! WOW!!!
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

I just got my Wind Raider in a trade last week and I am just awestruck. If this is the precedent for MOTUC vehicles going forward, we are in for some absolute gems in the future. I can already picture the Roton looking splendid on that flying stand and cannot wait to see what other vehicles we have waiting in the wings for us. The Wind Raider is an absolute marvel. Thank you, Mattel and Four Horsemen!

Court Magician
    Got my Wind Raider today. Here is what was waiting in the package.

Attachment 71763

I am disgusted. I can't believe this is acceptable.
    Tell me about the loneliness of good, He-Man. Is it equal to the loneliness of evil?

I must possess all, or I possess nothing!

At least you have a Wind Raider...
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelikewinter View Post
    Got my Wind Raider today. Here is what was waiting in the package.

Attachment 71763

I am disgusted. I can't believe this is acceptable.
    That paint is terrible! I'm so sorry. I feel for ya. That's just wrong.

I got lucky with mine. It even came with guns on the bottom. Thanks for that tip, SCB!!!!
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

I pick up my WR & BGEL in about 30 mins.... I'm shaking with excitement for these awesome figs, fear at what QC issues I may be in for... & perhaps too much coffee.

Verily, the WR is awesome. It looks sleek and fast & I love the details like the engine hatches & decals. The WR is also very playable - what with moving wings, rudder, wheels & firing "anchor" & this plus the stand make it very poseable. As a bonus, my WR came complete with no breaks & scratches. One of the best releases so far!

Oh yeah - the box was ok, nice & dark looking in colour, but the actual rendering of the chracters was very blah - nothing special. Plus the schematics on the back were very dull, borrowing heavily from Eternian "lore" (mentions of Gar & Eternium etc.) but none of it was interesting nor really did it make much sense - it was mostly a bunch of name-dropping. I threw the box away.
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; January 11, 2012 at 03:39pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Widget

wind raider

my wind raider finally arrived today.
    He who knows best is just unassuming

Here is the email I just got from Matty about my Wind Raider:

Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

We are still actively working to resolve your case. We will continue to
    keep you updated until a resolution has been achieved.

I contacted them over two weeks ago about this, and this is what I get. GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I just put my Wind Raider together today and it's pretty awesome!

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned (it probably has), but I thought my Wind Raider was broken, but it wasn't. The head-ornament that reels the anchor back in wasn't working. It kept popping off and I couldn't reel in the anchor. You have to forcefully push the head-ornament down so it "clicks" into place on the piece below it. I tried popping it up and reeling in the anchor and it works now. I'm pretty sure I read a few people were getting replacements because of this issue. It's not broken, you just have to push it down hard!

Packaging issue: The top of the stand (the plug-in part) scratched up part of my Wind Raider. This could have been avoided if foam was wrapped around that part or they put a sheet of foam over the Wind Raider. It's not a super big deal, but definitely a bit of a disappointment.

I still LOVE my Wind Raider. It looks like it's in perfect shape (besides the scratch)! It's been a long time since I got a MOTUC product in such good shape!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm not sure if it's been mentioned (it probably has), but I thought my Wind Raider was broken, but it wasn't. The head-ornament that reels the anchor back in wasn't working. It kept popping off and I couldn't reel in the anchor. You have to forcefully push the head-ornament down so it "clicks" into place on the piece below it. I tried popping it up and reeling in the anchor and it works now. I'm pretty sure I read a few people were getting replacements because of this issue. It's not broken, you just have to push it down hard!
    I finally got my WRs yesterday. My "head-ornament" was loose in the package. I tried pushing down hard and it will not stay attached. I'm afraid if I push any harder it's going to break the vehicle. I'm concerned that I'm missing some part in between the head-ornament and the interior mechanism as it doesn't appear that I can pull it up even without the head ornament. Has anyone else experience or resolved this problem?

I just got my wind raider in the mail today. it's so huge, I can't even fit it in my display case.....unless I take the wings off. I'm forced to display it sitting on top of the case. it's so amazing.
    bnl4life

Heroic Warrior
    Even a month later, the Wind Raider is still one of my favorite pieces from any figure line that I collect. I'd have to say that my favorite part is that the deco is applied directly to the vehicle's surface rather than being stickers - in other figure lines, so many great vehicles have their 'look' diminished by their glossy stickers that stand out like a sore thumb. I'd gladly pay Wind Raider prices for a Battle Ram, Talon, or other iconic vehicles, if they could guarantee that level of production value with details similarly painted on. It's just fantastic.

Heroic Master of Rubbish Eats-the-Trash's Avatar
    Could someone post a photo of the 'missing missiles' on the windraider? I don't seem to have any missiles on mine but also don't see where they should be.
    Awesome adj. inspiring or displaying awe.
    Sticker n. an adhesive label, poster or paper.
    Included vr. 1. to have as contents or part of the contents; be made up of or contain. 2. to add as part of something else; put in as part of a set, group or category. 3. to contain as a secondary or minor ingredient or elememt.