Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Wind Raider Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TuShan View Post
    I just recieved my Wind Raider (got lucky and it bypassed customs). Its absolutely gorgeous, but I can't fit the tailfin in porperly. Is it just suppsed to be pushed into the top hole? Or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: figured it out. I looked at some pictures and realized I hadn't pushed it in all the way
    That was the only part of assembly that I worried about, because you really do have to push it very firmly. I was afraid of scraping the paint job if I pushed too hard, but finally I just went for it and it slipped in and was secure. I was so relieved!

It's funny, because I knew I'd get one, but I wasn't especially looking forward to it. The Wind Raider didn't hold any special place for me in vintage, in fact I had the mounts but I never had any MOTU vehicles. I didn't have many vehicles in any line as a kid - I much preferred more figures.

Once I got it together, and on the stand, I thought - yeah, that's pretty neat. And then I found a nice place for it, and thought that would be it.

And then a half hour later, I was looking at it - and went and changed it's position, moved the oar, and the tail piece. I thought, okay, that's it.

A few hours later I walked by it, and moved it yet another way. And rinse, repeat.

Now once or twice a day when I walk past I repose it - I absolutely love, love LOVE the stand. I don't really do vehicles even now because unless you are going to walk around actually playing with it (swinging it through the air), but with the stand it makes all the difference in the world. Sometimes I pose it flying upwards, sometimes downwards, sometimes flip out the hatches and make it look like it's about to crash land. It's almost unlimited in how you can pose it. It's beyond what I ever imagined.

I truly love it now, and it's honestly the best non-figure toy I've ever owned. I absolutely love it - and even though I've had it for weeks now, I still can't stop playing with it.

Wind Raider Missing pieces?

What is everyone talking about? Guns? Missiles? My Wind Raider had a stand, wings, tail(wing), and an attached anchor-like projectile. Am I missing something
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

There should be two small silver gun barrels sticking out of the Wind Raider's lower prow. If yours are missing there will be two holes instead.
    Cheers,
    TuShan

My Deviantart Page

Thanks, I just thought of that. I am 99% sure that I have them, but will have to doublecheck when I get home.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

anyone got a pic?

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Yeah a picture would help , I really am not sure what I am looking for.

There are pictures on the Official Wind Raider thread.

Personally, I don't have a clue whether my wind raider has these guns or not - I'll have to check when I get home from work.

Just look underneath your WR if you see 2 silver guns you are good

You don't need pics there are either two guns or two holes for where the guns plug in
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I think a picture is needed Mark , In every single picture I have seen , I see no silver guns on the wind raider , a picture with these guns circled would help.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    I truly love it now, and it's honestly the best non-figure toy I've ever owned. I absolutely love it - and even though I've had it for weeks now, I still can't stop playing with it.
    Ten tons of awesome, isn't it?

The stand is just one great aspect.... You should try setting up some figures & rolling your WR on it's wheels through them
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Shenlon View Post
    I think a picture is needed Mark , In every single picture I have seen , I see no silver guns on the wind raider , a picture with these guns circled would help.
    Agreed. i thought they were the green rod looking things with no detail what-so-ever. If so, I got lucky; but if the guns are silver, then I may have been jipped, and I need to know pronto before the window of return / swap opportunity is closed!

Are the "holes" that they are plugged into round, or five sided? And where are they located? On the pontoons, or on the body? Toward the front, center or back?

The "silver guns" are actually the two metallic-green really soft plastic (bendable) things that are the on the sides of the front wheel, just below (under) the anchor. The do not look like "guns" nor are they silver. Hope this helps. Someone correct me if Im wrong, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Shenlon View Post

If it looks this its missing the guns

There should be something plugged into those openings. I don't think I need to post a picture for that because if it has anything in that area then its 100% complete

But just in case here is what it should look like

See those goldish metallic things, those are the guns

Quote Originally Posted by thorns02 View Post
    The "silver guns" are actually the two metallic-green really soft plastic (bendable) things that are the on the sides of the front wheel, just below (under) the anchor. The do not look like "guns" nor are they silver. Hope this helps. Someone correct me if Im wrong, eh?
    No you are right, they are more like laser canons I think
    Last edited by markatisu; January 27, 2012 at 04:23pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    I finally got my WRs yesterday. My "head-ornament" was loose in the package. I tried pushing down hard and it will not stay attached. I'm afraid if I push any harder it's going to break the vehicle. I'm concerned that I'm missing some part in between the head-ornament and the interior mechanism as it doesn't appear that I can pull it up even without the head ornament. Has anyone else experience or resolved this problem?
    Placed it on a hardwood floor and pushed firmly. Didn't hear a click but when I pulled it up this time, it stayed and the winch now works! Whew!

Absolutely love this piece but I can't help but still think it is too big. It should be 20% smaller and it would be more in scale with the original's proportions and would have cost us $5.00 less between product and shipping.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    What is this? Can it be? I don't believe my eyes. MY WIND RADIER ARRIVED!!!
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Mine recently arrived and it is amazing. Even after looking at every review and picture, I still wasn't prepared for how awesome this thing is in person. It's so much fun!

Oh those things , mine have them , but they are not silver or look anything like a gun LOL !

this vehicle proves that MOTUC its the best adult line collector in the entire world these days , this item really captures nostalgia from the 80s .
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Heroic Warrior
    Just wondering... Are the wings problems and the absence of the laser canons widespread ? Or do they affect only 2 or 3 vehicles on the whole production ?

Whew!!!! I had to check mine after seeing this thread, and I'm safe, mine is complete!!!

As much time as I spent staring at this thing the other night, I never noticed them.....
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Heroic Warrior
    Mine has the guns. I love it. I even have it displayed exactly how I wanted- with shirtless He-Man punching Mer-Man out of it. I would've gladly payed $60+ for the WR if they could've made it a two-seater though.

Widget

Hq pic request! Windraider box art

Could someone please post a HQ pic of the front of the box from the MOTU Classics Windraider? Thanks in advance
    Robert

Hello fellows-in-fandom!

I'm having trouble finding a pilot for my Wind Raider who can sit in it long term and not emerge with a pop-tent. This has happened to both Adam and Adora (which is a bit disturbing).

I'm giving Man-E-Faces a try right not and just don't have him in a full sitting position, even then I can see one of his legs may reshape his hip cover. I'm thinking Snout Spout might also be a good choice but I'm hesitant to move his trunk at all and his trunk hangs lower than his briefs so it would likely get in the way of his sitting. Tallstar was another option but without twisty thighs I couldn't get her hips in a good position and her crotch already hangs low, don't need it to be low and forward.

I like Icarius and Sy-Klone with their backpacks too much to let them pilot and Bow...nah.

So, what does everyone else do. No pilot, pick a pilot and then blow dry them flat again, found a good pilot or sitting position, or something else entirely?

Thanks!
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Hello fellows-in-fandom!

I'm having trouble finding a pilot for my Wind Raider who can sit in it long term and not emerge with a pop-tent. This has happened to both Adam and Adora (which is a bit disturbing).

I'm giving Man-E-Faces a try right not and just don't have him in a full sitting position, even then I can see one of his legs may reshape his hip cover. I'm thinking Snout Spout might also be a good choice but I'm hesitant to move his trunk at all and his trunk hangs lower than his briefs so it would likely get in the way of his sitting. Tallstar was another option but without twisty thighs I couldn't get her hips in a good position and her crotch already hangs low, don't need it to be low and forward.

I like Icarius and Sy-Klone with their backpacks too much to let them pilot and Bow...nah.

So, what does everyone else do. No pilot, pick a pilot and then blow dry them flat again, found a good pilot or sitting position, or something else entirely?

Thanks!
    You may want to try the thread about who is piloting everyone's Wind Raider.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Sure, I'll give it a go.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.