Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: The Official Wind Raider Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
    It's not fair to say Scott is pushing them on people. He's not initiating discussion that people need to buy Windraiders. He's just being honest, WHEN ASKED, that they won't get resources for another vehicle if they can't even sell the first one. When you're running a business, you don't continue to produce product that doesn't sell.
    The first batch was sold out despite the wrong timing of it's release, and we really don't know how many were produced in the second batch, probably Mattel just over estimated the re-issue!
    Also, different vehicles have different demand (like most figures), and that's why a pre-order system could help out to gauge in the accurate production numbers.
    Last edited by Darkkosis; August 10, 2012 at 12:43am.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I bought one when it was first released and don't want or have room for another. I find it absurd that they are tying the future of vehicles in the line to a re-release of a vehicle that sold out the first time, and they increased it's price to boot. It just seems like they set this up to fail from the start.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar

Understood, but curious...what vehicles would you want more than the wind raider?
    The only vehicle I would buy more than one of since I am a loose collector is the battle RAM and that's only cause I would like a fleet of sky sleds! To be honest though the classics look good on the vintage sky sled....the RAM attached though just makes them get shot in the back of the head!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    A battle ram would have sold way more than a wind raider. It's a shame Matty will not license vehicles to another company like the 4H or NECA. Sadly, I think the vehicles ae gone.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Traveler
    If they were the original price I'd buy 2 more. As it is I am going to wait until maybe they are around when the snake men army builders go on sale

I bought 2 when they first hit. More than enough for me.

I call BS on them "selling out" the first time round. They obviously didn't, which is why TG said they "did okay" and why they are releasing more now. They really created a lot of artificial demand for this line... I have no doubt stock on pretty much everything never actually sold out. It was simply withdrawn from sale to create a "subscribe or you could miss out" mentality, which ultimately hasn't worked, and has, in turn led to inflated numbers and thus an overestimation of the overall interest.

Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    To a lot of people it's just too much money.

Jibernish..I'm not doing it for the Battle Ram. I'm doing it for my Eternos display. It will be my third. And if I can find cheaper elsewhere..I'm shopping there.
    Well that is a great reason to buy a third: because you actually want a third one That must be some awesome display! I wish I had three WR flying around mine. I wish I had the disposable income to buy every single thing release, and many in multiples. But alas I don't..... I don't begrudge those who do though. These toys need to be enjoyed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I don't have one, not enough money last Christmas to buy one, lack of desire for the Wind Raider, no place to put it, and still not enough money, there are other things I want / need more, or are more important this month, like I want the TMNT Classics over a vehicle from MOTUC or a 30th Ann Kryptonian reject, but September is much different, a heavy MOTUC month, as will October.

I myself want the Attack Trak, it's the only vehicle I had as a kid, as I was more concerned with the figures than the other things.
    Filmation Attack Trak, or toy? Or both? I always wanted a Filmation trak as a kid, although it is pretty much just a box. It would be cool to have a voice chip in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VictoryLiger View Post
    I bought one when it was first released and don't want or have room for another. I find it absurd that they are tying the future of vehicles in the line to a re-release of a vehicle that sold out the first time, and they increased it's price to boot. It just seems like they set this up to fail from the start.

It's that good ol' Matty-logic. You know, that same kind of logic we see in 2001: A Space Odyssey when Hal goes crazy and tries to kill everyone off. Hal doesn't know his logic circuits have gone screwy, and his decisions make no sense to anyone else, but his actions wind up killing people off. Same can be said for Mattel: their Matty-logic in how they went about this doesn't make a lot of logical sense outside the offices of Mattel and it's killing the vehicle line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kwgriffi View Post
    If they were the original price I'd buy 2 more. As it is I am going to wait until maybe they are around when the snake men army builders go on sale
    They might end up half price on Cyber Monday, or in a Mad-Matty pack. Purchasing them then won't help get the Battle Ram made, but if you just want extra and aren't concerned about **possibly** subsidizing the BR, you might try holding off til then. Although Nov-Dec will be CRAZY expensive with Procrustus and Granamyr hitting December.

Personally, there's no way vehicles are getting made, not with 2014 in danger of being small, if it goes through at all.

Possible Wind Raider Power-Con buying drive...what do you guys think?

So I want The Battle Ram so much it's crazy, and I'm one of the other fans that has been asking questions about it and The Wind Raider over on the Matty forums, one of which was suggesting they bring some to sell at Power-Con since it is SO much more impressive in person that I figure people would have a harder time resisting it. He said that was their plan, so here is my plan:

I have not the money, room, desire or need for another Wind Raider, but I'm gonna buy one there anyway, and for myself that's about all I can do. But my question to all of you is HOW helpful do you think it would be if I took orders from fellow board members and bought the Wind Raiders and shipped them to you guys. Would it save THAT much on shipping, or not? I'm not sure how much Matty is charging, but if anyone is on the fence due to their shipping charges then maybe my plan would be helpful. The only other problem is that the Wind Raider is oddly shaped, thus finding a shipping box that would be good for it is going to be tough. I'm sure I could find boxes that it would fit in, but they might be REALLY big and end up with a lot of extra space inside the box and thus cost more than it should to ship it. I work in an office and have lots of access to copy paper boxes, so if it fits in one of those then that would probably work out pretty well.

The other option is that the WR comes in the box with the Rudy Obrero artwork on it and is then that is inside a white mailer, like any other MOTUC item. If people were comfortable with just having THAT as the shipping box with no additional packaging, that would surely cut the shipping down QUITE a bit.

And for now let's JUST keep this about the Wind Raider and not include TOD Sorceress since I'm already picking up a couple of her for friends and I don't know what the limit on her is going to be. If it's low then I'm probably already getting as many as I can, but if it's high then I'll be happy to pick some up, but ONLY for people who ALSO want to buy a Wind Raider, since I'm really just doing this to improve our chances for getting The Battle Ram.

Thanks, all! Let me know what you think!

PS if anyone has easy access to their white Wind Raider box, please let me know how long and how tall it is so I can double check that it will fit in a copy paper box--if no one does then I can check mine over the weekend, but I'm already at work now.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Hi Mern-Ra,

I ordered my second WindRaider with extra Spikor and still have the white mailer box, here are the dimensions (in centimeters):
    37 x 21 x 14

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I'm very happy with the Wind Raider I have
    I'm in no position to buy a 2nd just to support vehicles and I'm sure it's too late because it's been on matty for weeks now!

I want a Sky Sled the most of all without Battle Ram so we can army build them. A full Battle Ram can come later or separate. At least the Sky Sled can be packed as a small item similar to the Weapon Rack we got and is still a possibility outside of the medium/large vehicle SKU's. It can be considered an accessory or small diorama piece!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    Hi Mern-Ra,

I ordered my second WindRaider with extra Spikor and still have the white mailer box, here are the dimensions (in centimeters):
    37 x 21 x 14
    Awesome! Thank you!

OK, it will fit in a copy-paper box QUITE nicely, so this will be a viable option for shipping!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    I just got two more for custom projects.
    Should be interesting, I've never worked on such a big item before.
    Planning to make one battle damaged, and one crashed (so it will come on a base) for display.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Snappy Threader
    The Wind Raider is such an awesome design. Makes me wonder though, either they produced enough WRs for every household in America, or people just aren't buying them for some reason.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    The Wind Raider is such an awesome design. Makes me wonder though, either they produced enough WRs for every household in America, or people just aren't buying them for some reason.
    I bought one when it was first issued. I don't get why the re-issue hasn't sold out. It might be that people don't want multiples and the marked actually was full. Pure speculation on my part of course.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Ok, I'm going to break down and buy a Wind Raider! I am definitely one of those "all-in" people who always buys a sub and always buys a second figure to display the alt. head, etc, but for some reason I drew the line at vehicles. Maybe it was because I didn't have the Wind Raider as a kid, but I just didn't feel a connection with it, and I was able to pass. Lately though, looking for ways to support the line and hearing Scott plug it on RGD, I really started to reconsider. I just watched Dan's review, and I think I am now, officially, hooked. If it turns out to be our only vehicle, I think I'm at peace with that. I would rather the resources go into Stridor and Nightstalker or some POP horses, Clawdeen, Battle Lion, etc, but I do now think a MOTUC collection won't be complete without it, so off to MattyCollector I go!
    Wes

Just wanted to ask Eamon whether we can have that WindRaider advert - as discussed in RGD 97 ?
    I am very eager to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    I call BS on them "selling out" the first time round. They obviously didn't, which is why TG said they "did okay" and why they are releasing more now. They really created a lot of artificial demand for this line... I have no doubt stock on pretty much everything never actually sold out. It was simply withdrawn from sale to create a "subscribe or you could miss out" mentality, which ultimately hasn't worked, and has, in turn led to inflated numbers and thus an overestimation of the overall interest.
    Addressed in episode 98 of RGD.
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

I fell asleep with the wind raider last night... Don't tell my girlfriend.

And I have dreams of a castle Grayskull.
    Last edited by Lipster; September 28, 2012 at 11:41pm.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Are the wings and tail fin removable? I'd like to take it apart for storage but I don't want to break it!
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    Are the wings and tail fin removable? I'd like to take it apart for storage but I don't want to break it!
    Yep, they easily removable since I do that often.

The Classics Wind Raider is best action figure vehicle ever, IMHO.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    The Classics Wind Raider is best action figure vehicle ever, IMHO.
    It definitely is IMHO too!!!!

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    It definitely is IMHO too!!!!
    Only because they refuse to produce that sweet Battle Ram.
    QUEEN ANGELLA! Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    I want a Sky Sled the most of all without Battle Ram so we can army build them. A full Battle Ram can come later or separate. At least the Sky Sled can be packed as a small item similar to the Weapon Rack we got and is still a possibility outside of the medium/large vehicle SKU's. It can be considered an accessory or small diorama piece!
    This ....^^^
    My Collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdi0veA8Kn0

Vintage Collector:
    Sell Me your MOC Vintage

My Feed Back Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...61#post3202161

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I haven't bought one simply because there's no evil equivalent to balance it out. If Matty would announce plans for a Roton, I'd order a WR the very same day as that reveal. I think that was one of many problems from the get-go, doing a vehicle line should have been maybe a two to four vehicle commitment for Mattel. Perhaps the WR, Roton, and something each for the Horde and Rebellion. I think Battle Cat and Panthor sales help feed each other, as well as Tytus and Megator, etc. Random isolated things don't do as well, WR and Procrustus for example.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Only because they refuse to produce that sweet Battle Ram.
    OK, it would be incredibly awesome to have both Wind Raider AND Battle Ram at home on the shelf, one vehicle next to the other.
    Do we agree now?