View Poll Results: Given a multi-pack for some obscure characters, which of these would you prefer?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brightmoon guards

61 75.31%
  • NA scientists

20 24.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brightmoon Guards vs. NA scientists

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar

Brightmoon Guards vs. NA scientists

Why Brightmoon Guards, you ask? I wanted a multi-pack (a) from Filmation and (b) truly obscure, but not entirely unreasonable

So, the Guards in question (blue suits - there were alternate, orange versions, which you should say in a reply if you prefer!):

And the NA scientists, described by MegaGearMax, someone who wants them, as "the most hated characters in MOTU"!
    Last edited by Reboot; August 28, 2011 at 12:08pm. Reason: Picture of all four "scientists"

I can't stand the sound of them, but...toys are quiet!!!

Bring on the scientists; they are more important to the storylines and the Horsemen could knock them out of the park. The Brightnoon guards would be cool too, but I won't be upset if we never get them. I would like those zany, whacky scientists!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    The Scientists have so much hatred going against them, they are an automatic win in the record books if they are made. Their inclusion REALLY proves that MOTUC makes everyone!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    No to all.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    No to all.
    I agree with this...
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Their inclusion REALLY proves that MOTUC makes everyone!
    No, it means they scraped the bottom of the barrell

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    It's the first time I ever see a picture of the scientists and I already hate them

The brightmoon female guard looks cool! Very Filmation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    No, it means they scraped the bottom of the barrell
    I don't think so, because Mattel would make the Scientists on their terms, not because they are desperate for characters. MOTUC is out to make characters who have never been made before, no matter where they are from. The NA Scientists definitely qualify and so do the Brightmoon Guards.

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

I don't think so, because Mattel would make the Scientists on their terms, not because they are desperate for characters. MOTUC is out to make characters who have never been made before, no matter where they are from. The NA Scientists definitely qualify and so do the Brightmoon Guards.
    By your logic it means that Mattel should make villager #4 from the left in scene 8 of episode 5. Just because something never has been made before, doesn't mean it SHOULD be made now. Otherwise, I would like Poop-Man.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Na scientists!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    By your logic it means that Mattel should make villager #4 from the left in scene 8 of episode 5. Just because something never has been made before, doesn't mean it SHOULD be made now. Otherwise, I would like Poop-Man.
    The Scientists are major characters from NA and were in practically every episode of NA, not random extras like villager#4 or even the Tug of War guy. They were the Man-At-Arms of NA and built regular contraptions for He-Man to use. They are comparable to Queen Marlena or Shadow Weaver in their supporting cast function, only instead of Filmation, it's Jetlag.

THAT's my logic.

Whatever I'll repeat my previous statement on these guys... they will be out when the line ends. This kinda sentiment from the die hards is yet another reason I shall never subscribe. It just guarantee's they make figures that only the die hards want. I do believe sooner than later it will be a subscription line only anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Whatever I'll repeat my previous statement on these guys... they will be out when the line ends. This kinda sentiment from the die hards is yet another reason I shall never subscribe. It just guarantee's they make figures that only the die hards want. I do believe sooner than later it will be a subscription line only anyway.
    That's who the subscription is for -- fans who want MOTU characters no matter who they are.

Reclusive Wizard logandelanoche's Avatar
    If I heard that we were getting the NA scientists, I'd be like, Uuuuuuuuugh! No!

If I heard that we were getting bright moon guards, I'd be like, Yeah sure, I'll take those, I guess.

I really don't like the idea of the scientists, not just because they were irritating characters, but because in a world with so many odd creatures and aliens, these were the only guys that really looked "off model" to me, in that they looked more like they belonged in an episode of Astro Boy with their highly exaggerated proportions and features. I mean, if they were some kind of creature or a different species, I'd be more forgiving, but they're supposed to be people just like everyone else and for whatever reason they have giant noses, ridiculous hair, etc. Big NO on these guys. I'm sure they'd get to them eventually, but I hope it's not anything I'm locked into buying.

That's who the subscription is for -- fans who want MOTU characters no matter who they are.
    Actually the sub is also for people who don't want to deal with WSOD or (in rare cases until 2012) really want the sub exclusives. You can get a sub and still be a "cherry picker" as long as you can find a buyer lol
    Last edited by logandelanoche; August 29, 2011 at 05:21pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LSD <-----This is my cool signature

Brightmoon Guards ... it's the lesser of two evils.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I want Shadow Weaver. I don't want "MOTU characters no matter who they are"

Quote Originally Posted by logandelanoche View Post
    If I heard that we were getting the NA scientists, I'd be like, Uuuuuuuuugh! No!

If I heard that we were getting bright moon guards, I'd be like, Yeah sure, I'll take those, I guess.

I really don't like the idea of the scientists, not just because they were irritating characters, but because in a world with so many odd creatures and aliens, these were the only guys that really looked "off model" to me, in that they looked more like they belonged in an episode of Astro Boy with their highly exaggerated proportions and features. I mean, if they were some kind of creature or a different species, I'd be more forgiving, but they're supposed to be people just like everyone else and for whatever reason they have giant noses, ridiculous hair, etc. Big NO on these guys. I'm sure they'd get to them eventually, but I hope it's not anything I'm locked into buying.
    I hope you know that if you buy a sub, ANYTHING from MOTU could show up in it, right? That's like being surprised that the Star Sisters got made.

Actually the sub is also for people who don't want to deal with WSOD or (in rare cases until 2012) really want the sub exclusives. You can get a sub and still be a "cherry picker" as long as you can find a buyer lol
    Agreed. I'm convinced that if the subscriptions would only be bought by people who want everything they'd sell even less.

I hope you know that if you buy a sub, ANYTHING from MOTU could show up in it, right? That's like being surprised that the Star Sisters got made.
    I don't really want the Star Sisters, but I surely didn't want to miss out on Fisto, Sorceress, Kobra Kahn or Shadow Weaver. And because 2012 is the 30th anniversary of He-Man. Thΰt's why I bought a sub, not because I'm fine with whatever figure is released. I fear that there will be more than one NA or Filmation character next year. But wasting 20$ on a NA figure is still better than paying 100$ for a Shadow Weaver on Ebay.
    Last edited by Crusader; August 29, 2011 at 05:55pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post

And the NA scientists, described by MegaGearMax, someone who wants them, as "the most hated characters in MOTU"!
    http://www.bustatoons.com/blog_image...pples_hair.jpghttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ictureid=14258
    I tought the Manchines were the most hated characters

The Scientists have so much hatred going against them, they are an automatic win in the record books if they are made. Their inclusion REALLY proves that MOTUC makes everyone!
    I trust in the 4H. Making their noses and ears smaller, their hair less ridiculus, and their bodies more standard, they could fit in the MOTUC world. They are not soo different than Madame Razz (but she is not human).

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    At least the Manchines have Filmation behind it. Jetlag characters have no such nostalgia.

Reclusive Wizard logandelanoche's Avatar
    Not true. I won't be getting a Courtney Cox figure

And um, I've had a sub since they started offering them. I think I'm pretty clear on the concept I still don't have an Optikk, I punted that hunka junk as soon as I got him and I'm they guy who compulsively buys extras of most of the figures that come out lol
    LSD <-----This is my cool signature

Not true. I won't be getting a Courtney Cox figure

And um, I've had a sub since they started offering them. I think I'm pretty clear on the concept I still don't have an Optikk, I punted that hunka junk as soon as I got him and I'm they guy who compulsively buys extras of most of the figures that come out lol
    My apologies. Sometimes there are fans in other forums less orderly that this one, who flip out in disbelief when we start getting characters like Flipshot or the Star Sisters. They won't believe that MOTUC would ever make non-vintage characters until they actually show up in the line and when they do, they make a federal case out of it.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    The Scientists are major characters from NA and were in practically every episode of NA, not random extras like villager#4 or even the Tug of War guy. They were the Man-At-Arms of NA and built regular contraptions for He-Man to use. They are comparable to Queen Marlena or Shadow Weaver in their supporting cast function, only instead of Filmation, it's Jetlag.

THAT's my logic.
    And you, again, fail to understand that relative popularity makes a difference in these matters.

Not to mention that MotUC *is*, fundamentally, a nostalgia line. For it to be anything else, it would need major media backing, and we all know that Mattel would start a whole new line (at retail) for any TV show/movie that came about rather than incorporating it into MotUC. Even the "new" characters are either old characters with active support that were just never previously rendered in plastic, or deliberate tribute-band efforts like Draego-Man (note that the Create-a-Character rules include the vague-yet-telling requirement that entries "must feel like a MotU character").

One-shot characters never achieve the level of opprobrium that annoying and/or misconceived regular characters do, particularly when they appear on a show that is poorly regarded to start with.

I trust in the 4H. Making their noses and ears smaller, their hair less ridiculus, and their bodies more standard, they could fit in the MOTUC world. They are not soo different than Madame Razz (but she is not human).
    Well, that's one of the things - Trollans, Twiggets, etc fit in because they're inhuman (the only ones who genuinely look like *they wandered in from a different cartoon*, ala that episode of Garfield & Friends, were the Widgets, and even they were Officially Different).

Compare to these scientists being ostensibly the same as all the human characters, and yet they had one with hair as big as the rest of his dwarven body being used as a chair by another one!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Compare to these scientists being ostensibly the same as all the human characters, and yet they had one with hair as big as the rest of his dwarven body being used as a chair by another one!
    I admit that this is very very very strange!!!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i cant say either of them.
    there are better obscure characters.