View Poll Results: What was the first She-Ra figure in your collection?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • She-Ra (POP)

27 33.75%
  • Bubble Power She-Ra (POP)

0 0%
  • Starburst She-Ra (POP)

8 10.00%
  • She-Ra (200x Exclusive)

21 26.25%
  • She-Ra (MOTUC)

17 21.25%
  • Bubble Power She-Ra (MOTUC)

1 1.25%
  • She-Ra (TRU DCvs MOTUC pack)

3 3.75%
  • Other

0 0%
  • None- I still don't own a She-Ra

3 3.75%

Thread: What was your first version of She-Ra? (Not just MOTUC!)

What was your first version of She-Ra? (Not just MOTUC!)

We've already discussed everyone's first He-man and Skeletor figures but how about everyone's first She-Ra figure? This should be interesting!
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man"

My 1st She-Ra figure was the 200X exclusive.

As a kid, I never even knew that She-Ra had a toyline. Even though I have an older sister, she was never into He-Man or She-Ra and I never ventured down the girl isle in the toy store as a kid. Oddly enough, I also can't recall seeing She-Ra toy commercials as a kid, though I know they exist.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

200x for me too. whenever there was a lull in new motu figures in the 80s i would be twmpted to buy a she-ra figure to "go with" thw motu guys. But i could never bring myself to do it. Motuc is the most pop toys i uave ever had.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    I pick up the 200X figure when I was complting my 200X set about 4-5 years ago. Apart from the comb I love it.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

my sister had She-Ra back in the 80's. I didnt like her 'cause she didnt look how she was "supposed" to look from the cartoons.

Later I had (and lost) the 200x special figure. That was not originally mine, nor did I get to keep it. But for a long time it was, and it was my "First" and how I voted.

However since it was not technically mine, and I no longer have it for that reason, realistically the MOTUC was my first. The first one that was mine first and formost, and the one that stands proudly on my most important collection shelf.

The first She-ra I ever owned was the 200X exclusive. It was like almost impossible to get her to stand because of the silly ankle pouches and her hair tends to get messy and even stuck to the glitter cape. But it was a nice figure nevertheless.

The MOTUC She-Ra was my first She-Ra, as well. I had looked for the 200x She-Ra at online auction sites, but never could find a good deal on one.

Interesting so far that over half of the folks who voted didn't own a She-Ra until the 200x or MOTUC line. Definitely seems like there are a good deal of us who didn't get into anything POP until much later.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man"

a Muppet of a man...
    Technically my first She-Ra figure was the vintage POP one. It was in a lot of MOTU stuff that I picked up... no sword, no cape, no nothing. I don't collect vintage POP, and she didn't display very well on her own, so I put her in the Fright Zone cell thingy.

It was nice to get the 200X exclusive one and display her properly with He-Man, swords crossed in the air and such.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    200X was my first She-Ra, and a friend managed to get her for me. I never even knew the vintage toyline existed until the late nineties, and back then I still had Filmation-only goggles on, lol.
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, Nocturna, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, Red Knight, Vultak, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

first she ra

My first was an original I picked up in the original sealed card back still in my collection
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    My first She-Ra was the 200x toyfare exclusive. It was Toyfare right? I don't even remember anymore. But I got her...somewhere.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

200X She-Ra Exclusive.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    motuc was my first she-ra. am now a fan.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

MotUC was my first She-Ra, though not for lack of trying. I wanted the 200X exclusive, but I was too late to get it for anything but after-market crazy prices, and I tried to find the original one at garage sales when I was a little tyke but never did.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

The 200X one. I was glad to get her at the time, but she doesn't look that good by today's standards. The rooted hair, drag queen makeup, and inability to stand make her one of my least favourite female figures I own.

Thankfully, the Classic version(s) gave me my definitive She-Ra.

Snappy Threader
    My first She-Ra was the first original way back in the day. My mom wouldn't buy it for me becasue it was in the Barbie section in the Toys R Us. Thank goodness my Granny was along and she bought it for me and told my mom if she didn't like it she could go &*&^%^%$#$%%^! Great stuff.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    My first She-ra was the original Princess of Power doll/ action figure from the 80's. Bought her in the store too. ;-)
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I'm not nor have I ever been into girl dolls, that being said POP was something I just never owned as a kid, or as an adult toy collector. I never liked 200X, plus I never knew about that She-Ra, and after seeing it...I really don't like it at all. MOTUC is my first dive into the world of POP, and I love the She-Ra figures, and I have Adora....but BP She-Ra was my first one, followed by the original later. So MOTUC was my first She-Ra buy, and first POP buy at all with BP & Swifty.
    Recent.... Lizard Man
    Coming....
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I probably should have voted other. Sweet Bee was my first She-Ra figure (because my mom got her second hand for me and thought she WAS She-Ra!) I discovered she wasn't She-Ra the first (and only time) I saw PoP at retail. That's when I learned she was Sweet Bee!

I did find a Starburst She-Ra dressed in Angella's pants and Glimmer's jacket (which I thought was how Princess Adora looked) later on. So, I voted Starburst She-Ra.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Original She-Ra. I actually kinda remember getting her at Sears or JC Penney. My mom didnt have any problem buying the few PoP figures in their girly pink and purple packages because she knew how much I loved watching He-Man and She-Ra every day. The Power Hour™!!!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Karaoke Extraordinaire Wun2 III's Avatar
    I have absolutely no shame in admiting that the vintage POP She-Ra was my 1st She-Ra toy.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

"If the connection ends up being Scott Neitlich sitting at his desk,
    I'm gonna punch Scott in the face!" -JVS3 RGD Ep072

My first She-Ra was actually a picture of her riding Swiftwind printed on a T-shirt. Never wore it, though. I also had a set of PoP Viewmaster slides, but that's everything I ever owned of PoP until I bought the 200X exclusive.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

The 200X exclusive was my first She-Ra.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    It was the DC/MOTUC two-pack version! Funny little story...
    My first MOTUC was a MOC Teela, from this out-of-the-way comic shop, and while I was waiting for her to arrive my mail, I buckled and bought the two-pack to see what I was getting myself into.
    The Supergirl was okay, and I was happy to have her for my DC stuff, but I was absolutely blown away by everything about She-Ra- scale, sculpt, articulation, paint apps- I couldn't find a flaw worth griping about!
    So, while Teela (who's still MOC) was my entry into Classics collecting, it was She-Ra that made me decide to go after the rest of them!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

My first She-ra was the original toy version. I hated it and rarely played with it even though I liked the character and wanted her in the stories I would act out with my figures. She would never stand up and her hair was a tangled, knotted mess. When I want to play an action/adventure story I don't want to have to sit there for half an hour first combing the figures hair. She she would either stay in the toy chest or get taken out pretty quickly so I didn't have to deal with her. On top of that she looked a little too different to how she did in the cartoon.

I got the 200X version which I was pretty keen on but still found the hair annoying as it felt too delicate, on top of my fear of it ending up a mess like my original toys.

I'm so glad I finally got a really decent and faithful to the cartoon She-ra figure thanks to classics.