View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About Origins In MOTU?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Like The Mystery! I Don't Need Everything Explained!

10 16.67%
  • I Want Some Things To Have An Origin & Some Things To Remain A Mystery!

29 48.33%
  • I Want Everything To Have An Origin & Detailed Explanation!

13 21.67%
  • Didn't Anyone Learn From George Lucas & His Star Wars Prequels?

8 13.33%

Thread: How Do You Feel About Origins In MOTU?

How Do You Feel About Origins In MOTU?

Some of the heroes, villains, & concepts from MOTU didn't have origins or detailed explanations back in the 1980's. Over the past 10 years, that's changed for a lot of them. How do you feel about origins for things that previously didn't have them?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I voted for this:

I Want Some Things To Have An Origin & Some Things To Remain A Mystery!
    I have really enjoyed origins for certain things that never were (like Kronis, Tuvar and Bahdra) but some other things...like explaining exactly what the secrets of Castle Grayskull were, were big no-nos in my opinion!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I like the origins and such! Kronis, Odiphus, Tuvar and Baddrah: I love that stuff and hope for many Secret Origin figures to be included in the line. I like the explanations laid out for Grayskull and the Swords. It may not be such a mystery for us now, but for most of the characters, it still is.

I know many don't enjoy the spilling of the beans and even some of the ideas in general, but I am in love with the Bio Canon.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I like mystery, I don't need everything explained. I make up my own origins, avatars of the imagination and such.

I do like the bios though, and seeing someone else's perspective on things. The same can be said for the mini-comics, Filmation productions, MYP productions, the 200X comics, etc... They provide a different vision/perspective which can be enjoyable to read/see/learn.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I voted for this:

I have really enjoyed origins for certain things that never were (like Kronis, Tuvar and Bahdra) but some other things...like explaining exactly what the secrets of Castle Grayskull were, were big no-nos in my opinion!
    This.

Seeing how Adam got the sword... Awesome. Finding out it belonged to a bigger more impressive he-man... and the castle's significance is that it was grandpa's house...

Less Awesome.

Some things are generally insignificant. Where is Beastman from... how did Merman join up with Skeletor... How did rio blast get his guns.... These aren't important to the franchise and by all means lets have an origin... Character Develepment is RARELY a bad thing...

Where Castle Grayskull came from... who built it... and what the secrets are... THOSE should NEVER have been told...

I like any backstory I can get. I want it all. But as a true fan, and as a person who likes to have fun with things, I love the mystery as well.

I'll take it as it's comes. I dont mind mystery. I dont mind backstory or origins.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i loved the origins of characters in the myp cartoon & the icons of evil by mvc comics. i was wanting more. certain characters were mysteries that i just had to know about.
    i feel giving characters origins, backstory & development adds great depth & drama that pulls you in more.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I like any backstory I can get. I want it all. But as a true fan, and as a person who likes to have fun with things, I love the mystery as well.

I'll take it as it's comes. I dont mind mystery. I dont mind backstory or origins.
    I tend to agree with this statement. I really don't mind either way. Just don't explain EVERYTHING to me. Let there be some mystery there, and we're good.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    To have everything explained will totally take the imagination out of this line. We never used to get every single detail spelt out to us and we were just fine.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

I'll take some Origins but I also want the Mystery.

Some characters or places benefit from exploring their backstories, others don't. As long as these stories are well thought out, I don't mind them. It all depends on the execution: I loved most new ideas in MYP, I hate most of the new ideas in the MOTUC bios.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I LOVE a good origin story, and I think that stems from the fact that my all-time favorite character, He-Man, never got one back in the day, so I voted for option two, but I honestly don't think I'd mind if they did give every single thing some background.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.