View Poll Results: How satisfied are you with Battleground Evil-Lyn

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Completely - I wouldn't change a thing about her.

26 25.00%
  • Mostly - she has minor flaws that I can live with.

46 44.23%
  • Not very - she has serious flaws that should have been avoided or corrected.

18 17.31%
  • Not at all - she is so flawed she should not have been made.

5 4.81%
  • N/A - BG Evil-Lyn does not interest me at all.

9 8.65%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BGEL - rate your satisfaction

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar

BGEL - rate your satisfaction

Yes, yes, I know. Not another ****** BaGEL thread! Please bear with me, though. This is more of an experiment to find out how starkly fandom is split over the issue, and how much gray area there is between loving and hating a figure. Battleground Evil Lyn happens to be the most divisive figure right now, so it's the most convinient one to use as the subject of this poll

If you answered this other poll, and this poll, please do so here as well, so we'll get as much comparable data as possible. Thank you for your cooperation.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Done and done. I like her new head.

I don't like the Catra hand. It should have stayed unique to Catra...it's not a spellcasting hand so much as it's a "I'm catty and will claw your eyes out" hand. Plus, she can't hold both of her weapons with the open hand.
    Otherwise...I'm very satisfied.

My gripes are that they should have waited until they had access to the female 2.0 body before putting this Evil-Lyn out, and they should have given her a new two-piece dress for that twist waist that the first Lyn lacks. Also, not a fan of the 3rd repainting of the staff and knife- some new accessories should have been included with her. I do think that the paint scheme on BG Evil-Lyn does look great- and the second helmetless head is awesome. The cape is a nice touch, but not mindblowing. I just wish the 2002 dress had been used for this variant- all in all she's a variant that could have been held off on until they had all their ducks in a row to give us the proper 2002-styled Lyn fans have been clamoring for. Putting out more females- when Bubble Power She-Ra, The Sorceress, and The Star Sisters all have two-piece outfits that allow for turning the figure at the waist- with the old one-piece tunic that hinders articulation results in a flawed figure, IMO.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    The closest approximation to my feelings on BGEL is Not very - she has serious flaws that should have been avoided or corrected. I think she should have been held back and someone else placed into production in her place.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I am mostly happy with her...I'm pretty sure we'll get a 200x version in 2013 if we make it to it

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    I'm a big fan of BGEL, yet I must agree with some of you here: the new female buck + some more 200X influences would have blown my mind. Otherwise: love her! Love the colours, the helmetless head rules, great cape and glow in the dark orb/staff as a nice extra!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i'm very happy with how she was done.
    kind of a filmation/myp outfit/color hybrid.
    extra helmet less head with white hair.
    spell casting hand.
    cape.
    200x skin tone.

Mostly.

Only thing I'd change is perhaps the colour scheme. I'm not certain it matches Faceless one completely (actually I think it doesnt much at all, but then again I dont have one in hand, nor seen it compaired online) and I'd really like it to match him closer.

Dont like the Pink/magenta bright straps on her, though the rest of the use of that colour on the figure I think I can ignore. I'm prolly going to paint those straps.

But she's great. I realized that she is in fact the best toy version of Evil Lyn Ever.

That's right. Even if I liked the 200x version better, the toy was plagued by the same pre pose ect problems the whole line had. I prefer this highly articulate larger version.

That and she's the perfect combination of all previous lyns. She is, with the possible exception of slight colour variation, perfect.

For what it's worth, yes she should have had the 2.0 buck and dress to match. And I'm not against a more 200x outfit, only she doesnt need it. What she needs is Faceless one Colours. I hope they are closer than It seems.

Reclusive Wizard logandelanoche's Avatar
    Even without a new tunic, in place of the cape, they might have been able to do a removable back skirt instead, similar to how they included the removable loincloth piece for Grizzlor. Still, I'm otherwise very happy with her. I'd like to see interchangeable hands be used more often and for more than just robotic/cybernetic characters but that's more about the entire line and not necessarily this specific figure. If I had an extra Toyman, I might have seen about swapping one of his hands to see how it fits.
    LSD <-----This is my cool signature

MEh... shes ok...i wish she was more 200x...but i feel that way about ALL the classics....but other that that she not a terrible figure...... like clawful
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a darkside.

Mostly - she has minor flaws that I can live with.

I passed over yellow-skinned Evil-Lyn, so I don't really mind the reuse here. Had I not done so, I might feel differently. The new head sculpt ultimately wins me over. Yeah, they probably should have held her back and used the new female buck, but what's done is done.
    I'll lead you into danger
    And all that troubles man
    I'll lead you far from hunger
    Just take my frozen hand

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I chose N/A because I really don't care. I like Evil-Lyn as a character. I like this figure okay enough but I really don't have any strong feelings either way. She's what's she supposed to be: an inexpensive repaint of a previously released figure.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    She's what's she supposed to be: an inexpensive repaint of a previously released figure.
    Well, that's to the point. Cant argue that. I think that's probably the most rational thought about the figure if you are not a fan. Apathetic acceptance.

to others, and there's not a ton in this thread... But seriously though, I cant believe this many years in and with nothing but complete openess about their plans, there is still such a vocal 200x dissapoint community.

and clawful was cool. :P

She's what's she supposed to be: an inexpensive repaint of a previously released figure.
    She isn't supposed to be a repaint.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    But seriously though, I cant believe this many years in and with nothing but complete openess about their plans, there is still such a vocal 200x dissapoint community.
    Blame Mattel for 200X fans always being angry.

• They get single out 200X heads for exclusion, despite classic toy heads leading to the same "brand confusion"
    • After a huge back and forth with Mattel, 200X He-Man is available
    • After a huge back and forth with Mattel, Keldor's Swords are available
    • BGEL is a cost-cutting repaint, something they said twice that she wasn't going to be
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 9, 2011 at 03:59pm.

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Well, that's to the point. Cant argue that. I think that's probably the most rational thought about the figure if you are not a fan. Apathetic acceptance.
    Apathy makes everything acceptable. It's a great way to look at life. Makes everything so much easier!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    She isn't supposed to be a repaint.
    Who's in denial now?

Blame Mattel for 200X fans always being angry.
    Yes! It's always somebody else's fault!
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; September 9, 2011 at 05:15pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Who's in denial now?
    That's not denial. There are two quotes from Toyguru that tell us that she wouldn't have been a repaint.

Yes! It's always somebody else's fault!
    When it comes to making figures, it damn sure is since WE can't do it ourselves.

not at all for me now that we have seen her hair is so ugly she is 100% useless to me

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

When it comes to making figures, it damn sure is since WE can't do it ourselves.
    Well, that's a pretty defeatist attitude coming from the Heroic Master of 200X. What happened to "Where there's a will, there's an A"?

Well, that's a pretty defeatist attitude coming from the Heroic Master of 200X. What happened to "Where there's a will, there's an A"?
    The best thing we can do is hope Mattel eventually comes around.

I like her! I would still love to see a young Lyn and/or Snakemen Alliance Lyn too.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

to others, and there's not a ton in this thread... But seriously though, I cant believe this many years in and with nothing but complete openess about their plans, there is still such a vocal 200x dissapoint community.
    To be fair, Toy Guru did plainly state that 200x Evil-Lyn would be "much more" than just a simple repaint. I'm not sure that BG Evil-Lyn meets that criteria.

As I stated above, I'm content with this release, but I understand where the fans who have complaints are coming from. If another, more fully realized 200x style Evil-Lyn is released down the road, this discussion becomes moot. But I think the chances of that are slim.
    I'll lead you into danger
    And all that troubles man
    I'll lead you far from hunger
    Just take my frozen hand

Here's the thing, there is much I love about this figure, however to make her a hybrid of different era's does the design and character a huge disservice. So let me get this right? She's trying to incorporate elements of classics/200x and filmation all at once? Why? We already got the iconic classics, let's move on from that. Then let's do a 200x version then? No? You say that look is retired? Well, why the smurf can we have a filmation adora or catra then? This is a variant after all. If they gave us that head with a 200x evil-lynn body that should satisfy the collectors and the anti-200x guys @ Mattel, no?
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Battle Ground Evil-Lyn is one of those figures that is a typical "placeholder". Once a new, better version is released, BG Evil-Lyn will be replaced. Therefore I chose "Not at all".

The Battle Ground Evil-Lyn figure is very flawed for a collector line like this and should not have been made as a cheap repaint which is neither 200X nor Filmation and is more like a variant of Evil Lyn which didn't exist before.

We should have gotten a true 200X and/or Filmation variant of Evil-Lyn.
    Even if it would take a few more years before such a release would be possible. This is a waste of our money imo.

I am still buying Battle Ground Evil-Lyn because I have no choice since I have a sub. Otherwise I would not buy her.

I only like 2 things about BG Evil-Lyn.
    - New Helmet-less Head
    - Pale Skintone (more true to Filmation/1987 Movie/200X)
    The head might be the only reason why I might hold onto the one BG Evil-Lyn I receive from the sub in case we get a true 200X or Filmation release later down the road which may have this new head omitted.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

I'm ok with BG Evil Lyn.