View Poll Results: Do You Consider Skeletor To Be Dead?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • No!!!

80 57.14%
  • Yes!!!

1 0.71%
  • Yes, But He Can Still Be "Killed" For Good!!!

4 2.86%
  • Somewhere In The Middle!!! (he's supernatural but he's not a walking corpse)

51 36.43%
  • Other!!! (please explain)

3 2.14%
  • I Don't Want To Know!!!

1 0.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Consider Skeletor To Be Dead?

Do You Consider Skeletor To Be Dead?

I've read a few times in various threads that some people consider Skeletor to be dead.

Before the addition of Keldor, I always considered Skeletor to be a demon with a skull like face. I felt the floating head look was just an artist's shortcut rather than proof that he was one of the walking dead.

In MOTUC, I took Skeletor to be a medieval Two-Face who was "healed" by being merged with Demo-Man rather than a stay in the burn ward.

Do You Consider Skeletor To Be Dead?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

No Way is Skelly dead!

heck no he isn't dead, he is very much alive.
    SUPPORTING THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HE-MAN 110%

Heroic Warrior BIG DADDY SINISTER's Avatar
    For all intents, Keldor is. I say Keldor died the day Hordak merged him with Demo-Man. There's no going back to what he was- if Hordak's spell were reversed or otherwise neutralized, Keldor would die immediately after from his greivous wounds. Hordak confirms this in the MYP episode "The Power of Grayskull", when he threatens to "take back the life" he gave a defiant Skeletor. At best, Keldor's on "life support", but I mostly believe except for shared memories and faint emotional attachments, Keldor is indeed no more. Skeletor, a supernatural, yet living being, has taken his place.
    "Who do you pray to... when you're the religion?" - THOR

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG DADDY SINISTER View Post
    For all intents, Keldor is. I say Keldor died the day Hordak merged him with Demo-Man. There's no going back to what he was- if Hordak's spell were reversed or otherwise neutralized, Keldor would die immediately after from his greivous wounds. Hordak confirms this in the MYP episode "The Power of Grayskull", when he threatens to "take back the life" he gave a defiant Skeletor. At best, Keldor's on "life support", but I mostly believe except for shared memories and faint emotional attachments, Keldor is indeed no more. Skeletor, a supernatural, yet living being, has taken his place.
    This is pretty much exactly how I feel as well
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

No way. Skeletor is alive and well!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

He was on the verge of death before he was saved, so no. Not yet.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Keldor is dead but parts of his dominate personality & memory still exists.
    Skeletor is both Demo-man & Keldor. Skeletor is no longer Keldor.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    No, he ain't dead...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I chose somewhere in the middle - though I don't really know how to define how I imagine him. I think he is alive, but I think he is also almost dead.

I think he was on the brink of death, but unlike other people (or creatures) who survive and come back to life, he never came back. I see him as this creature that chose to stay on the brink of death because that's where he feels comfortable.

There's not much info on afterlife in MOTU universe, and I wouldn't like to project different mythology into it (vampires, zombies or whatever). I don't think he is like that. I just think he kinda flirts with death, and is an agent of death in the living world.

BTW, I was never too thrilled with the whole Keldor idea, so I totally ignore that in my attempts to understand Skeletor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    BTW, I was never too thrilled with the whole Keldor idea, so I totally ignore that in my attempts to understand Skeletor.
    You and me both. Although we're definitely in the minority on that one.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    You mean like "undead"? Like a lich? That's what I've always considered what Skeletor is...a lich.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

metaphorically dead, when he was "saved" by hordak, he became this floating skull head and "Keldor is no more", so yeah, like you wrote, he's somewhat supernatural

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Keldor was close to death, but saved by Hordak by merging him with Demo-Man.
    So that means to me that Skeletor is very much alive!

He's kinda like two personalities into one body like X-Man Rogue and transformed like Darth Vader.

He's got both personalities from Keldor and Demo-Man into him,
    but in my universe they are also merged in harmony into one personality.
    Mostly evil, with a tiny bit of humanity from Keldor.
    Forever bounded as one creature, it was an irreversible process.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

He's definitely not dead.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I'd say he's somewhere in-between. A living dead of some sort.

I kind of go with this, because in the Movie I recall it that Skeletor said: "When I have the Power of Grayskull, Sorceress, you vill DIE, and I, I WILL LIVE AGAIN!!".

Kind of makes sense... if he gets the power of the Universe, he can restore himself to full life, conquer Eternia and the rest of the Galaxy, bring order, and hold Evil-Lyn in his arms again.

Until then, he lives in an eternal torment caught somewhere in-between life and death. Unable to feel the joys of life, yet also unable to receive the peace of eternal rest.

I'm going with Undead on this one. It makes him more interesting and a bit scarier.

To me he is somewhere in between. Alive but not really "alive" and dead but not "undead". Like a whole different entity.
    Who has the Power?

I'd say re-Born.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm going to go with no for the simple fact that if he were dead, he'd have nothing to fear and would never retreat like he always does.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    I see Skeletor as a largely supernatural entity, not something that can be easily put into everyday categories like "alive" and "dead". But then I'm kinda strict about what I consider dead. If something moves about and doesn't decay, I don't see how it can really be dead. Not necessarily alive though, as robots move about and don't decay either, but they never were alive to begin with. I guess that's why they invented the word "undead". But then zombies are considered undead, even though they are often decaying corpses and... Agh! It's all too complex!
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BIG DADDY SINISTER View Post
    This makes sense. Prolly true. In the mental sense, Keldor is no more and never will be again, though he is in there.

Still, not an undead creature because of the skull head. Like what was said at the top, he's a Eternian Two-Face, or even Joker. He's scarred in a way that couldnt really exist, and he's kept alive in a way that is magical, but he isnt an animated corpse.

Skeletor is a living, breathing, eating, excreting being, who just happens to have a skull face.

Weather it's a skull face with burned skin and a neck, or a floating skull (I go with this nowdays) and magic "connecting" it to the body, is immaterial. In a world where people can have 3 faces/heads (Man-E-Faces) or cybernetic NECKS! (Mekanek) and still be alive and not really robots, or even barely cyborgs, Ole' Skullface is definately still a living being.

But I will say that the addition of Demo-Man's essence or whatever does make him a magical being, at least as far as Classics is concerned. Which I actually like. LIke for instance a Human or an Orc in fantasy is just a being, a race, but something like a fairy or an elemental, though alive, is part of somewhere else as well, a magical creature. This is Skeletor now. He is a bit beyond normal laws of life.

In my opinion Skeletor is like Galvatron or the Silver Surfer or any of the heralds of Galactus. He was given great power, and in the case of MYP and Megatron, it was to save their lives in return for some kind of survitude by a higher power. For say Silver Surfer this "deal with the Devil" saved his home planet. He is not dead but his will and his soul is not entirely his any longer.

It'd be interesting if say the higher power, whether it be Hordak or Demo-Man, took the power back from Skeletor would he return to being plain Keldor? If so would he still maintain his evil schemes or would he ultimately team up with He-Man to battle the Horde or the Snake men? I mean, he is a son of Miro; he has noble blood. Could there still be a hero in there like Anakin Skywalker? Or could superior skills beckon superior ambition? Could it be that only the thrown of Eternia and the Secrets of Castle Greyskull will satisfy him whether he be Skeletor or Keldor? Oh well, just a thought.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Given that Skeletor would have the combined memories and experiences as both Keldor and Demo Man. No doubt it would have taken him quite a while to cope with such a merge as it was stated he went insane after the merger rather than just taking it a little too well as shown in MYP. I definitely say he's inbetween life and death.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Not dead, undead. Skelly is always the #1 evil villain to me. Besides TJ of course.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon