Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Canon Questions?

MOTUC Canon Questions?

What MOTUC Canon Questions do you still want answered?

What is the link between Eternia and Earth?
    Who all died in the Second Ultimate Battleground? Are there any Snake Men left?
    What happened at the Battle of Fetra IV?
    Who stayed on Eternia or Etheria after the Second Ultimate Battleground?
    Who were Jitsu's Evil Warriors?
    What happens on Eternia and Etheria during the time He-Man and She-Ra went into space?
    What happened to Evil-Lyn after she escaped into the future to find her son?

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    Who exactly is the Great Black Wizzard?
    What comes after SoH?
    Who is Skeletor's mother?
    Chef Allen's origions?
    Satma needs to happen. I will mow your lawn for life, Scott.

Who is Ka?

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
    I thought Evil-Lyn fled to the future WITH her son, not to find him.
    Wolfman Jake

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    The Time Wars/ Agents is a big question i look forward to learning the answer to.

Besides that?

Who built Central Tower, Besides Hordak, and for what purpose? Something to do with Eternia's King? (Gray...?)

What is the secret of Keldor how does it relate to the "Nameless One" that King Hiss served.

What exactly is the "Dino-reptillian Empire" as it relates to King Hiss's Snakemen?

Bionic Dinosaurs?

"Hordak knew you where destined for something, though he did not know exactly what" ...

Hordak didn't recognize the Sword of Power and Protection, but King Hiss called the Sword of Power the "Sword of the ancients" which, looks like another Sword of the Ancients in different story, but not liked the one sword called the same thing in an episode of Filmation. (I've gone crosseyed...)

WHEN was Hordak banished to Etheria, in relation to when King Hiss was sealed in the Timeless Void?

Are Snakemen Immortal (unkillable) or are they just long lived?

Is DC comics Prince Adam the reincarnation of The Original He-Man from the jungle tribe of He-Man and the Power Sword.

What Does He-Ro's card back say?

What does Strobo's Friends look like

Who is Teela's Father. (Could it be Keldor...)

What is Goat Man's back story?

What are the Overlords of the Eternal Dimension?

When did The Energy Beast rule Eternia.
    What happened to The Green Sorceress of He-man and the Power Sword.

Does she have a connection to Teela (Tee-La?) The Warrior Goddess?

Where did The Sorceress come FROM?

More importantly, what was Preternia like BEFORE she came?

WHY didn't Zodac join the Other Eldor's in the Orb? (because he was leader?)

What where the Eternian Dark ages like? Brutal no doubt...No technology, No Magic...Like robinson crusoe, as primitive as can be.

What Secret's did Gray learn that day in the cave. What is his destiny?

What is Light Hope?

What Are the First Ones of Etheria?

What Happened to He-Ro? I wonder if He was the King of Castle Grayskull for at least a time perhaps?

For That matter What the hell is the time stamp on any "I though that was just a myth/Legend" type person, place or thing...

What stories from two different media DO NOT contradict each other. How many Eternia's are we reading about throughout the Multiverse?

What happened to Adora and Sea Hawk that they didn't raise Dare.

Who are the two Infinitian Leaders who arrived on Ancient Eternia and infiltrated society?

Zilorra's Snake Clan...

What did Castle Grayskull look like when it was a living creature. Did it fight The Energy Beast?

What does the T and E stand for, and what was Tri-Klops a doctor of anyway? Science I'm sure, but which field of study?
    Could Bounty Hunter Tri-Klops take Dr. Tri-Klops in a sword fight, but what about a game of chess?

Is that a card board astronaut or robot inside Castle Grayskull toy? Well, The Movie adaption from Marvel had an American Flagg from the future inside Grayskull, so Perhaps it's an astronaut from the future? Thing looks pretty old. Lots of Earth astronauts end up on Eternia...Gwildor screwing around with his Prototype Cosmic Key in the Hall of Wisdom no doubt considering he was to be packaged on a Powers of Grayskull Card alongside He-Ro and Elder. I wonder if that makes Gwildor and Ancient/Elder?

I know The Bios tried to give some answers for some of that in the context of Classic, but I wonder what was the original Intent by the creators in the context of Vintage. But between the numerious discrepancies, non searchable archive of Q&As and various forum posts, it gets to be Too complicated, and contradictory to the Filmation elements for me to be able to enjoy it as much as Vintage.

Besides I have some fundamental issues with some of the conclusions and answers that was provided as they don't feel in keeping with the spirit of what MOTU is. Stan Lee never once worked on MOTU, I don't understand how he could be it's creator. Besides, Standor sounds like the guy who might be a Stilt Stalker operator more then anything else...

What happens on Eternia and Etheria during the time He-Man and She-Ra went into space?
    The Earth/Eternia connection is a great mystery one spanning back to Superman's rather random appearance on Eternia TWICE in 1982.

Throwing this out there, because i'm using it in a work of fiction of mine that once started as a fan fiction of MOTU.
    SPOILERS Eternia was shattered into several large chunks that got thrown through space time. where once was a Single world (Preternia) became Many. Eternia, Neighboring planet oposite side of the Solar syetem Infinita. In a another Galaxy or Dimension (both?...) Etheria. The Future Primus. Which in it self eventually became Primus and Denebria. and finally, the furthest planet away from the Center of the Universe is EARTH. All thouse worlds are connected, because once, near the dawn of this universe they where all the same planet. Well, all that is true In My Canon.

As for who stayed and who left Eternia/Etheria that is something I really want to know. Even just a list of names would be fine by me. Now Mind you, I would rather they all NOT join in He-Man's New adventure. I think seeing them deal with the day to day of protecting Castle Grayskull and fighting The Horde, Snakemen, The Snake Mountain crew and all the random bad guys would be enough work, Especially if man-at-arms became a dictator like Jack Olesker wanted to do. Given the workings of Time travel, that could have been a Darkest Timeline/ Days of Future past story that can STILL work.

It will be interesting to see the stories we do get to compare and contrast them against the stories we could have gotten I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodak's new shoes View Post
    Who exactly is the Great Black Wizzard?

What comes after SoH?

Who is Skeletor's mother?
    I like the great Black Wizard, though I still feel he needs a proper name as that feals more like the thing that comes AFTER a MOTU characters name. I would love if all these Skull faced guys are a faction, The D-Men of Infinita. The series bible talks about the Infinitains's near apocalyptic wars making it nearly uninhabitable, and that Skeletor was the descendant of those mutants. A whole race of lich?

How many Skull faced guys we go in Classics now anyway?

After SOn of He-Man. I like your forward way of thinking! The idea of Eternia being destroyed and Skeletor's son and Dare traveling to the future in a NEW idea from that 1988 source we just recently all learned about. After the "fall of Eternia..." I would actually like to see Dare (and some of the gang) go to Primus, perhaps BEFORE He-Man arrived, or even after. Just not during. I like The idea of He-man being alone and homesick to much to that that story potential away.

Yeah. Skeletor's mom. I pray it's not Illumina...
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; August 23, 2014 at 02:05am.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Im still trying to figure out the difference between a ancient and a elder....

Heroic Warrior
    Who did jitsu exactly have as evil warriors? Was beast man kicked out of snake mountain when jitsu took over?is shokoti by chance skelly 's mom?aside from flutterina who also followed she-ra to eternia and who stayed behind?

Is someone actually paid to write it?
    STOP READING THE BIOS!!!!!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Where is Oo-Larr now? (Oo-Larr's bio will probably answer this)
    What is the relationship between the Goddess and the Sorceress?
    Who killed Zodac?
    How did Hydron and Flogg die?
    Who else died in New Adventures?
    How did Randor die?
    Who exactly is Tufos?

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Tufos replaced Statos right? What do you mean who is he? He is an avion leader. Do you mean you just want to know his story? Yeah. Me too! I'd welcome him being Stratos relative or rival.

I too want to know the relationship between the Goddess and the Sorceress? Especially as it relates to more vintage content. Kid Stuff book adapted the 1982 series bible about the Sorceress/Goddess being summoned to Eternia from the stars. That is reflective of an era Gwildor mentioned in the 1987 film, "those are the first coordinates I calculated before she came" when speaking of Castle Grayskull, which if going by that 1982 mention and the style guides, was the Hall of Wisdom in this age. Granted the Cobra Armor was shown in Kid Stuff. The series bible even has the snake (goddess) / bird (Sorceress) change in a hand written note! ha. Sorceress's 1987 style guide says The Sorceress was originally a member of the council of elders. I'm unsure exactly how I'd like to see that adapted and expanded upon.

I love the legacy of the sorceress, each generation having one! I want something where Zilora and Veena are related, symbolically if not biologically. Symbolically would be better I think. I feel this would strengthened and justify the Teela cobra armor in a filmation based context. Zilora and Veena being two different non blood relatives on a family tree unified by Teela? "empowered by her ancestors the warrior goddess Teela" as Glut first described her in her first appearance.

But I don't like the Sharella connection. That felt forced and not very well thought out as I fail o see what the woman who originally raised Gray, a tribal chieftess has to do with "The Green Sorceress" that gave He-man his weapons and first split the Sword of Power in half. It's almost like someone confused Zilora with Sharella? ...

It would be cool if they use that name under the sticker, Kryuella in relation to all this? Perhaps an evil sorceress/Goddess of Grayskull?

Quote Originally Posted by crashdiary27 View Post
    Im still trying to figure out the difference between a ancient and a elder....
    "Ancient" being a general term for any person, place or thing. (City of The ancients, Sword of the ancients, Sprit of the ancients) "this thing is really old/powerful" It's usually associated with something of a mystical nature. There are also ancient machines! Eternians seam to really respect and admire their ancestors as they some had created even more advanced societies and technology then the modern age. Eternia has been through countless reformations.

"The Council of Elders" (or Wise, or Wisdom) is one of a Eternian's ancient ruling bodies. For most versions of the story This is universes most advanced civilization to have ever existed and the original source of He-man & She-Ra's power. Having learned all the secrets of science an sorcery, they stored their knowledge and inventions in the Hall of Wisdom. Originally, Zodac was their leader and last remaining member. In the series bible it was Zodac who summoned the original sorceress who came to Eternia from the stars. The UK comics, a differnt version had Keclar in Zodac's place. The others members transformed, becoming sprits and live in the orb of power. This is housed inside Castle Grayskull, which is the Hall of wisdom transformed. The Orb of Power is very similar to Filmation's Star Seed. I think the UK elders drew power from Eternia. Some of this is the same or similar thing retold. 1987 gave us thier champion The original He-Ro named gray who fought against the Snakemen and Hordak. This is the prehistoric era of Eternia, as such, what is known is cobbled together from various sources that only offer a glimpse into what this Preternian age was really like! 1987's The Powers of Grayskull, featuring He-Ro & Keldor was to be a spin off series that was set in this era.

MYP reformatted this, recreated and invented King Grayskull who seamed to empower the Council. Talk about flipping the script

The Bios is an attempt to make the various conflicting versions into a single story, but doesn't fit in with any previous version since it contradicts them all. But then It blame that damn book!

Don't like something? Change it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by buzzed off View Post
    is shokoti by chance skelly 's mom?

aside from flutterina who also followed she-ra to eternia and who stayed behind?
    I don't understand when that could happen though given the timeline? Shokoti wouldn't be active when Miro was king.

Keldor's mom should stay a secret IMO. I like the mystery. Mark Taylor had wanted Skeletor to train under his mother, while jaoiled in the Dwell of Souls; Castle Grayskull, and later what Taylor called the dungeon grate, though this is just his personal canon...Personally I like the idea of Keldor being trained by his mother for centuries while imprisoned in castle Grayskull's dungeon. But again, Not canon AT ALL.

Well everybody fought in the Ultimate Battleground, The Eternia World War previous to the New Adventures. I can't even keep track of who migrated where when, however I do like that the factions got mixed up. I think we need a list just for this.
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; October 2, 2014 at 07:58pm.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

I had a gut feeling you would be the one to clear this up for me! Thank you for taking the time to explain it. This is very interesting... as I had thought the two were something similar to opposing religions of some sort.

A pertinent list. Here's my personal take on each question.

My guess is that the the Grayskull ancestry was hidden on Earth 5000 years before Adam and Adora, and allowed to flourish there. This family tree eventually got to Marlena Glenn who brought it back to Eternia to fulfill the prophecy of the twins.
    A further connection that I've conjectured is that Primus is a future Earth space colony (the Primans have a strong Earth culture in their history what with the western heroes and such), and as it represents "the last of mankind" He-Man was destined to protect the destiny of Earthlings in New Adventures.

Who all died in the Second Ultimate Battleground? Are there any Snake Men left?
    The way I understand it, the Snake Men were completely wiped out. The Unnamed One, however, does live on to trouble Dare, so maybe more could have been made.

As far as who died in the SUB? We've only officially been told Stratos, Zodac, Duncan, and Mer-Man IIRC. Some characters have been explicitly stated as doing things afterward; Clamp Champ, Flutterina, Beast Man, Goat Man, Jitsu, etc. so they can be ruled out. Personally, I'd like it to remain somewhat vague so that we can use our imaginations and kill off (or keep) whomever we desire.

What happened at the Battle of Fetra IV?
    Good question. Apparently it was bad enough to cause He-Man and She-Ra to team up with Skeletor (maybe that battle led to Flogg's head in a jar?)

We got a few of those names, I think. I would assume that it was most people other than He-Man, She-Ra, and Skeletor. Leaving it open does allow us to create our own stories, though - which is fun.

Who were Jitsu's Evil Warriors?
    Another one that I think is best left to our imaginations. I like the bio narrative to an extent, and I do enjoy working with it as canon, but I don't want it to answer everything. Many people complain about the bios lack of detail, but I think that it is a strength. It gives us a canvas, but it allows us to paint the details.

I love this question! There is so much room to paint in the details on this one. Obviously, Jitsu is running Snake Mountain, and Strobo is on Eternia trying to keep things balanced. I can only imagine how Strobo must be working both with and for either side depending on the circumstances. Sometimes he helps Jitsu and the Evil Warriors, sometimes he hinders them. He probably does the same with the Heroic Warriors. There is a lot of drama to be mined from that situation - especially the frustration that the Heroic Warriors must be feeling after the Second Ultimate Battleground to just be done with all the fighting and take out the bad guys once and for all, only to have a Cosmic Enforcer meddling in things.

I can't recall if that was to find her son, or if she escaped with her son. In any event, I imagine she becomes a mentor for Skeleteen and a thorn in Dare's side. Maybe some treachery on her part helps Dare defeat the Unnamed One?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    The Time Wars/ Agents is a big question i look forward to learning the answer to.
    As do I

WHEN was Hordak banished to Etheria, in relation to when King Hiss was sealed in the Timeless Void?
    From my own calculations, it seems that the Snake Men got forced into hibernation, then Hordak made his big play for the Starseed by splitting the planet, then Hordak and the Horde got banished, then the Snake Men started to wake up, and then the Snake Men got sent to the Void.

I'd say just very long lived. Species that take longer to reproduce tend to develop a trait called senescence through evolution. Look at giant tortoises (reptiles btw) that can live for hundreds of years. If there are no Snake Women, then the Snake Men may have a very strong genetic coding to keep them from dying of old age.

As far as unkillable? Just ask Orko . . . though admittedly, it did require a very specific spell to do it.

Is DC comics Prince Adam the reincarnation of The Original He-Man from the jungle tribe of He-Man and the Power Sword.

Sort of. Kupperberg wrote in a retcon wherein Adam went to visit the primitive tribe. Therefore, the "He-Man" that is walking away from the village (who we call Oo-Lar now). Is just a shirtless Adam after his visit - at least according to the DC mini-series.

What Does He-Ro's card back say?
    I assume you mean Dare? We'll have to wait and see . . .

What Secret's did Gray learn that day in the cave. What is his destiny?
    I'm guessing (so I could be wrong) that Gray was able to tap into the essence and power of the fallen He-Ro, take on his armour and weaponry, and continue the fight against evil with Eldor by his side helping him out - maybe even calling himself He-Ro as well.

What stories from two different media DO NOT contradict each other. How many Eternia's are we reading about throughout the Multiverse?
    There are many, many contradictions across media. A Multiverse may not be a bad way to look at it all.

What happened to Adora and Sea Hawk that they didn't raise Dare.
    I'm starting to think we're going to get a variation of the following story: She-Ra and Sea Hawk create a baby sometime during NA; She-Ra, having become Despera, forces Sea Hawk to keep the child from her, and he chooses to keep the baby in Castle Grayskull with Teela (who is Sorceress by this point); Despera fights King He-Man; King He-Man defeats her finally, but in a way that causes her to be "reborn" as Starburst She-Ra; Starburst She-Ra is some culmination of the Power of He that gives her the duty and the destiny to travel the stars ala the original He-Ro; by this point, the child has been raised away from her all this time that she sees it fit to let it continue to be raised on Eternia if she is to travel the spaceways.

Zilorra's Snake Clan...
    King Hssss ruled Eternia for hundreds of years. The primitive Eternians would be very likely to worship them and show some sort of obedience (a select number of them anyway).

Is that a card board astronaut or robot inside Castle Grayskull toy? Well, The Movie adaption from Marvel had an American Flagg from the future inside Grayskull, so Perhaps it's an astronaut from the future? Thing looks pretty old. Lots of Earth astronauts end up on Eternia...
    They do. I have a theory that Blackstarr arrived on a very ancient Eternia when Skytree was young (and called the Sagar Tree).

The Earth/Eternia connection is a great mystery one spanning back to Superman's rather random appearance on Eternia TWICE in 1982.
    It seems to be involved somehow, as the recent DC vs MOTU mini-series hinted at as well.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

Heroic Warrior
    I started a thread about this too! I still want my question answered!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...anon-Questions!
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Widget

Who is Teela's Father. (Could it be Keldor...)

WHY didn't Zodac join the Other Eldor's in the Orb? (because he was leader?)
    Here is my own theory and current canon to these questions. I kid not and take MOTU as serious as you do.

Zodac Zur (not EVER to be confused with 2002 Zodak) is indeed the leader of the Elders.

There is an organizational structure in place, consisting of Zodac (the original, clawed feet Zodac from series 1) as Leader, the Elder Council themselves and the Sorceress.

Any "Zodak" characters beyond the original were trained by Zodac Zur as Cosmic Enforcers, which has its own established purpose.

The father of Teela is Zodac Zur. Its the heir of the original Sorceress, which position must be filled. And with one who is trusted and within the "inner circle" that's been established.

This is something Duncan knows and why he must never tell (MOTU 1983 Season One, Tesla's Quest).

Duncan is part of the Inner Circle (for lack of better term) and was assigned as Father and Protector of the heir. Duncan takes orders from Zodac Zur or a messenger of his.

Both Sorceress and Duncan speak of Duncan's own bravery in rescuing baby Teela and his fate of adopting Teela. These are but lies...tales to cover up the truth.

I welcome your input and comments on this theory and personal canon of mine. It makes great sense to me. Do you see holes in it? Please show me them if so.
    Last edited by RaygunRogue; February 28, 2015 at 04:33pm.
    Zodac Zur, The Mastermind of the Universe.

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar
    What is the link between Eternia and Earth? There is no Earth. There is only Eternia.
    Who all died in the Second Ultimate Battleground? Plundor, Mo-Larr, Fighting Foe Men, Sir Laser Lot, Spector, Dare are all dead. Spector travelled through time to save his own life, and died again. His incompetence may have actually allowed for some of the aforementioned characters to die multiple times as well.
    What happened at the Battle of Fetra IV? That's where Spector died for a second time, or a third. I lost count.
    Who stayed on Eternia or Etheria after the Second Ultimate Battleground? Anyone who mattered.
    Who were Jitsu's Evil Warriors? A secret clan of ninja thieves, called The Hand.
    What happens on Eternia and Etheria during the time He-Man and She-Ra went into space? Things got really uncomfortable. Space is not a nice place.
    What happened to Evil-Lyn after she escaped into the future to find her son? She found her son and raised him in a wooden shack down by the river.
    Looking for a cheap Gygor. Got one?

Quote Originally Posted by RaygunRogue View Post
    Here is my own theory and current canon to these questions. I kid not and take MOTU as serious as you do.

Zodac Zur (not EVER to be confused with 2002 Zodak) is indeed the leader of the Elders.

There is an organizational structure in place, consisting of Zodac (the original, clawed feet Zodac from series 1) as Leader, the Elder Council themselves and the Sorceress.

Any "Zodak" characters beyond the original were trained by Zodac Zur as Cosmic Enforcers, which has its own established purpose.

The father of Teela is Zodac Zur. Its the heir of the original Sorceress, which position must be filled. And with one who is trusted and within the "inner circle" that's been established.

This is something Duncan knows and why he must never tell (MOTU 1983 Season One, Tesla's Quest).

Duncan is part of the Inner Circle (for lack of better term) and was assigned as Father and Protector of the heir. Duncan takes orders from Zodac Zur or a messenger of his.

Both Sorceress and Duncan speak of Duncan's own bravery in rescuing baby Teela and his fate of adopting Teela. These are but lies...tales to cover up the truth.

I welcome your input and comments on this theory and personal canon of mine. It makes great sense to me. Do you see holes in it? Please show me them if so.
    I don't personally see any holes in this. Zodac is around at a time when he could get together with the Sorceress and create baby Teela. He's super-old according to the Classics canon (thousands of years), but becoming a Cosmic Enforcer seems to make that not matter.

It at least makes sense that Teela couldn't be raised by either of them given their duties.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Poweron View Post
    I don't personally see any holes in this. Zodac is around at a time when he could get together with the Sorceress and create baby Teela. He's super-old according to the Classics canon (thousands of years), but becoming a Cosmic Enforcer seems to make that not matter.

It at least makes sense that Teela couldn't be raised by either of them given their duties.
    Thanks, Poweron.

I like the colors this paints, a mysterious and forbidden truth that is going on behind the scenes.

It opens the doors to other questions. Some simple ones I will answer. Dekker was not "in the know" as Duncan is. Zodac Zur basically assigned Duncan the job and sworn secrecy. This has affected Duncan with bouts of high stress and anxiety, panic within, at times. In all, its changed Duncan's life immensely. This is mainly why he has no sense of humor and is always serious. Also why he is always tinkering with something, takes his mind off it. And at times inventing weird ****. And there's no one to talk to about it, aside from the Sorceress.

There was an "unwritten episode" where Duncan almost spilled the beans by accident, to Prince Adam. He said that Adam was just as much a pawn as Teela was. He then realized his slip and covered it up, scolding the inquiring Adam for questioning him so much. All in all its been nothing but an immense weight on Duncan's mind, despite the fact that he himself can handle other types of intense stress. The Sorceress has more than once counseled him. Yet she has no compassion to his emotions. "It's your duty, Duncan. As it is mine. There's nothing else to discuss." The Sorceress has grown quite perturbed by Duncan's questioning into the fabric of this organizational structure. "Play your part, Duncan" said with a fake sympathetic smile, burning annoyance within. "You hold a vital role in all this." Once, and only once, Duncan almost cracked. The Sorceress intensely told him, "You crack and spill the truth, no one will accept your mess. You will be ridiculed and untrusted. And put to death...by not your family of friends and allies, but by the one that pulls the strings."

Thanks, Poweron.

I like the colors this paints, a mysterious and forbidden truth that is going on behind the scenes.

It opens the doors to other questions. Some simple ones I will answer. Dekker was not "in the know" as Duncan is. Zodac Zur basically assigned Duncan the job and sworn secrecy. This has affected Duncan with bouts of high stress and anxiety, panic within, at times. In all, its changed Duncan's life immensely. This is mainly why he has no sense of humor and is always serious. Also why he is always tinkering with something, takes his mind off it. And at times inventing weird ****. And there's no one to talk to about it, aside from the Sorceress.

There was an "unwritten episode" where Duncan almost spilled the beans by accident, to Prince Adam. He said that Adam was just as much a pawn as Teela was. He then realized his slip and covered it up, scolding the inquiring Adam for questioning him so much. All in all its been nothing but an immense weight on Duncan's mind, despite the fact that he himself can handle other types of intense stress. The Sorceress has more than once counseled him. Yet she has no compassion to his emotions. "It's your duty, Duncan. As it is mine. There's nothing else to discuss." The Sorceress has grown quite perturbed by Duncan's questioning into the fabric of this organizational structure. "Play your part, Duncan" said with a fake sympathetic smile, burning annoyance within. "You hold a vital role in all this." Once, and only once, Duncan almost cracked. The Sorceress intensely told him, "You crack and spill the truth, no one will accept your mess. You will be ridiculed and untrusted. And put to death...by not your family of friends and allies, but by the one that pulls the strings."
    I like seeing this. Fans who enjoy the story - whatever they imagine personally. It's sort of like we continue to actually play with the toys.

It's a good thing.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Poweron View Post
    I like seeing this. Fans who enjoy the story - whatever they imagine personally. It's sort of like we continue to actually play with the toys.

It's a good thing.
    Indeed. It sure is a form of playing with the toys. We all have the freedom to create our own canon within the confines of what has been officially created.

I've got my 1981 Zodac (donning the black armor & gun) atop my bookshelf. Whenever I see it, I see the story I've painted here. It opens other questions too, such as Zodac's fundamental purpose. I personally believe he is an intergalactic traveler, dimension-hopping rogue. He's got his own ties inside Etheria as well.

Yeesh, that's pretty grim. It also raises a LOT more questions.

In this canon, most of the most important and beloved characters have died grizzly deaths. The most important and powerful and (formerly) mysterious location in the MOTU mythos has been destroyed. Everyone familiar and beloved has been replaced by characters that seem to be disliked by most in the fandom.

So my follow-up question to that is this: when do we get to see the Grandson of He-Man lineup? I want to know all about the epic adventures of Rad and Skeletween, and their mentors, Spector Jr and Evil Len.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

- Who went with the Twins to the Tri-Solar System, and who stayed behind?

- Who took over for Clamp Champ after he and Flutterina had a child?

- What officially happened to Mekaneck? We have a few conflicting answers.

- Will we ever see anything that happened on Eternia and Etheria during the Twins' time in space? That's a hell of a long time.

- Who are the Gars? Why did they come to Eternia? Why did they end up so reviled? (New 52 canon gave us an answer, but it doesn't apply to Classics, so what happened?)

- The Earth/Eternia connection question is always a good one.

- Was Sharella BORN the Goddess, or was she a human who came to wield that power later?

- What other gods have been on Eternia since its beginning, besides Moss Man? Is Ka a god?

- When Horde Prime's magic was drained and the Horde's immortality was lost, did it also break the mind-control spells? That would be important to characters like Grizzlor, Leech, and Dragstor.

- If the Viper Tower represents the Snake Clan, and Grayskull Tower represents the Free People of Eternia, exactly who is represented by the Central Tower? What's the story with the blue jaguar face? Is it at all related to the cat face on the front of the Gar ship (blue people) beneath the Elders' Citadel?

- During NA, did She-Ra go about the Horde Empire helping various worlds, or did she go to Primus to help her brother fight Skeletor?

- Hordak dies, Horde Prime dies...didn't Zed vow to take over the Empire and restore peace? Did that never happen here because it was Filmation and couldn't be included in the original writings?

- What happened to the Etheria Horde after Hordak died? Who went to Horde World? Did anyone desert the Empire? Did any of them return to Etheria or did they abandon that post completely?

- Who died at Fetra IV besides Flogg (and Flipshot's left eye!)?

- Where were Granamyr's Dragons during the Second Ultimate Battleground? Surely, they'd want to defend their planet.

I can do this all day...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. Skeletor's mom. I pray it's not Illumina...
    I think you might have answered your second question with the first. They might have longer lifespans than humans, but they were in a "timeless" void for thousands of years. No aging in a timeless void (Can I go?).

As for Skeletor's mother...I have a sneaking feeling that you might have jinxed yourself on that one. Saryn is a New 52 character that COULD possibly translate to Classics, but her role in those comics never happened in Classics, so...I doubt we'll be seeing her. Skeletor cried out for his mother in the last mini, and we were told it was very intentional, and to just keep reading. We only have 2 comics left before the end of this line. I don't know of any other prominent Gar woman in the MOTU universe...just sayin'.

Oh! About T.E. Scope's name...I've always thought it stood for "Third Eye", but that's just my take. The T could also stand for "Tele", as in telescope. Of course, those would just be in-jokes amongst the creators, because those obviously would not be his human name. For all our guessing, he could be named after one of the creators' fathers or something. Thomas Evan Scope. Lol. I like my take better.
    Last edited by Kreann'ot; March 3, 2015 at 01:24am.
    Some remaining, post 2016-Reveals, WANTS:
    Kittrina, Garth, Master Sebrian, Lodar, Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Slime Pit He-Man, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Granita, Lady Slither, Dylamug, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, Horde Mummy, Quakke, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast...and hoping to someday see a Fright Zone with Slime Pit!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeofEternia View Post
    Yeesh, that's pretty grim. It also raises a LOT more questions.
    JakeofEternia, yeah I know. That is the feeling one can get when the hard truth is given you and assigned to you to protect; when all you crave is that sense of happiness and peace once breathed in the sanctity of ignorance.

It does open a lot more questions, yet fully answerable with this theory.

I like this a lot. Way more than Duncan or Fisto secretly being her actual bio father (and I don't subscribe to the whole "clone" mess).

My question would be - there have been countless Sorceresses (and Sorcerers) throughout many generations. Why is THIS the one that Zodac Zur decides to father? All the others were chosen on merit. I just wondered if you had a story behind that?

It is an interesting idea, though. It would mean that not only are Adam and Adora children of both Eternia and the stars (Earth), but Teela as well (Eternia mother, space father), and they are all wrapped up in their own destinies to save the universe. Very, very interesting!
    Some remaining, post 2016-Reveals, WANTS:
    Kittrina, Garth, Master Sebrian, Lodar, Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Slime Pit He-Man, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Granita, Lady Slither, Dylamug, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, Horde Mummy, Quakke, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast...and hoping to someday see a Fright Zone with Slime Pit!

Widget
    Thank you, Kreann'ot.
    The answer lies in why their is a now bloodline heir as the role of Sorceress. It may just be a new organizational structure. Or Zodac wants to see the results of his DNA with Sorceress. He may have future plans as well.
    With the new bios from MOTUC, Teela indeed does take over as the new Sorceress, but with a different flavor. She dons a raygun and sword (influenced by fathers DNA for taste and style, perhaps. Not to mention Duncan's training)
    As well from new bios, Strobo is assigned as new Zodac due to report of Zodac Zur's death, and is sent by the Trolls to investigate it.
    Truth is, Zodac faked death. He is now a free-willed Rogue of the space ways; with many plans of his own.
    As a side note, Zodac-Zur laughs at the new Strobos and would kick his silly ass. It tells him the declining state of the Overlords of Trolla.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a typo. "Trolls" is "Trolla".

Also, I do need to study the Sorceress role and timeline, as far back as revealed.