Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Luitenant Andra possible now?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar

Is Luitenant Andra possible now?

Just wondered if her and the other Star comic characters are available now - or are they under a different deal to the Filmation one?

She was in the Star Comics, which as far as I know they don't have. She'd be a good figure I think, but she's not on a lot of fans' radars.

Heroic Warrior
    I thought the only thing that didn't come with the new rights agreement was movie likenesses of characters that did not appear as toys (for instance Dolph He-Man, Langella Skeletor, Grizzlor-style Beast Man, etc.)... If memory serves, at SDCC they pretty much said all other media was eligible to be added to the mix.

Lt. Andra is a MARVEL STAR comics character. It is to my understanding that characters from those comics are not available, and I don't think Marvel would hand them over to a company accociated with DC.

I would, however, like to see her get made as a character who replaces Teela.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Yes, that was my understanding too, danielsan.

Mattel need another 'Shadow Weaver' - enter Illumina, Karg and Lt. Andra - the only ones remotely on anyone's radars that fans sorta want. Kinda. A bit...

Maybe in 2020?
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Yes, that was my understanding too, danielsan.

Mattel need another 'Shadow Weaver' - enter Illumina, Karg and Lt. Andra - the only ones remotely on anyone's radars that fans sorta want. Kinda. A bit...

Maybe in 2020?
    I agree I would like to see her at some point. We May end up with Illumina next year through the fan choice poll. If that happens it maybe Lt. andra, Might Bite, and Karg that become the new Holy Grails among the MOTU fandom.
    Most Wanted Crita, Kittrina, Granita, Hawke, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi,Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, and Negator.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Lt. Andra is a MARVEL STAR comics character. It is to my understanding that characters from those comics are not available, and I don't think Marvel would hand them over to a company accociated with DC.

I would, however, like to see her get made as a character who replaces Teela.
    Thanks for that, so its 2 rights Mattel have got to gain access for - Marvel and The 87 movie.

I asked the Marvel/Star rights question in a recent Q&A along with the UK comic rights. They said yes to the UK rights (or rather likely, though we know they have them now.) but they said no (or not at this time.) to the Marvel rights. I would also like to see Lt Andra made, she is, as has been said, the perfect replacement for Teela as captain of the guards. It does seem unlikely that the rights will come but we can only hope.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    She was in the Star Comics, which as far as I know they don't have. She'd be a good figure I think, but she's not on a lot of fans' radars.
    Love your drawing/depiction of the character:

Glad to see there is some renewed interest in her.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Danielsan

All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

Love your drawing/depiction of the character:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../lt_andra2.jpg

Glad to see there is some renewed interest in her.
    Thanks! Yeah, I think she's a character that could be a lot of fun and has a lot of potential. She probably needs some kind of unique accessory to distinguish her from Teela and make her than just a second female warrior for the Heroic Warriors, but she's also a possible love interest that doesn't have all the secret baggage that Teela has (no lying to her about who her mother is and all).
    I revisited her more recently with a face lift and more vibrant colors.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    It's too bad they don't have the Star Comics rights. I think she'd be a cool addition to the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    I asked the Marvel/Star rights question in a recent Q&A along with the UK comic rights. They said yes to the UK rights (or rather likely, though we know they have them now.) but they said no (or not at this time.) to the Marvel rights. I would also like to see Lt Andra made, she is, as has been said, the perfect replacement for Teela as captain of the guards. It does seem unlikely that the rights will come but we can only hope.
    Ok, so it's been established that they have the UK comics rights, which is awesome, but I still want to know if they have rights to the German, and especially, the Brazilian comics (all those hot ladies begging to have figures of them made!)

Can anyone post a pic or two of her? She sounds nifty, but I don't really know much about her.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Can anyone post a pic or two of her? She sounds nifty, but I don't really know much about her.

Are there any other MOTU characters exclusive to STAR??
    Danielsan

All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

Oh, she is kinda cool! Neat-O, sign me up!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i would like her if she were to be updated from the star comic to something along the design that gbagok did above.

I was wondering that myself

Heroic Warrior
    Mind Beast

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I'd definitely like to see Lt. Andra in the line!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I'd definitely like to see Lt. Andra in the line!
    Me too! It wouldn't hurt to get another female character to balance the male-dominated Heroic Warrior ranks a bit. Plus, a royal like Prince Adam definitely needs a bodyguard (since he is not publicly known to be He-Man) and neither Man-at-Arms nor Teela are available to take up that role since they both have other responsibilities, and having her around Adam introduces an additional plot difficulty/complexity for him when he needs to transform.

With Mara coming, maybe she could reuse her ponytail.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; September 20, 2014 at 04:39pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Star Comics MOTU #10 was the high watermark for new characters - not only is there the Mind Beast (who would be an easy fit into MOTUC: all existing parts of a standard buck with one new, giant head) but we also have Helioan Guards and Baron Apolos.

Andra and the Mind Beast would be welcome additions to MOTUC
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I don't know if a character like this is even possible at this point. But if so, I would definitely buy her. She's a cool warrior chick. Prince Adam's bodyguard...what's not to like?
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Heroic Warrior
    I believe that Andra made an appearance as a child in the recent mini comic about Skeletor's origin, so i believe in theory she could be made. Personally i would love to have a figure of her. She is a really tough warrior maiden and the Heroic Warriors need definitely more of them. Her, Kittrina and Hawke would be welcome addictions, but with the line ending it's hard to see them at this point.

Was TG asked about that? I am curios to know, myself.
    Danielsan

All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's