Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regarding Classics Smash Blade He-Man and Spin Blade Skeletor

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    these variants are better off forgotten

I'm a big 200x fan, but not interested in those variants. I don't really think there is enough about them that is different to the originals. That being said, they represent the poor handling of that particular line to me.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

I have no interest in any varients like this be it from an 80s design or 200X.

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    I want MOTUC version of all the 200X variants. Not just He-Man and Skeletor, but Man-At-Arms, Stratos, Mekaneck, Ram-Man, Beast Man, Mer-Man, Trap Jaw, Tri-Klops and Two-Bad too. Don't care if they're just repaints, or if they have different accessories with them as well. Love the colouring on Smash/Spin Blade figures. Love the metallics on Serpent Track Mekaneck, and Serpent Claw MAA too!

Heroic Warrior
    No Smash Blade He-Man or Spin Blade Skeletor. Neither weapons or paint schemes were cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    Everyone had their chance with the Toysrus line and it failed. ENOUGH!!!!!
    Not even close to the same thing on any level.

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!! I want new characters not a bunch of damn variants!!!! Everyone had their chance with the Toysrus line and it failed. ENOUGH!!!!!

By that logic, we shouldnt have most of the MOTUC figures we do. Itd be a really sad line without anyone thats already been released in one form or another. Eventually every line fails.

I really like the smash blade skelly's color scheme. But I'd want more than a repaint to make me buy another Skeletor at $30.

And why does anyone keep saying the TRU line failed? 4 assortments over two years is not a bad run for a toyline with no media support or advertising. Most exclusives are one-and-done deals, those kept on rolling for a while. The series ended and wasn't the wild success the standard MOTUC line is, but that does NOT make it a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikewolfe View Post
    I want MOTUC version of all the 200X variants. Not just He-Man and Skeletor, but Man-At-Arms, Stratos, Mekaneck, Ram-Man, Beast Man, Mer-Man, Trap Jaw, Tri-Klops and Two-Bad too. Don't care if they're just repaints, or if they have different accessories with them as well. Love the colouring on Smash/Spin Blade figures. Love the metallics on Serpent Track Mekaneck, and Serpent Claw MAA too!
    I want these too Spikewolf. But, the repaint I want most is Sy Klone. With those colors he seems a little darker by nature. I mean that there is something more to this guy. But what is it?? I just love the color scheme. I only wish more people could enjoy him b/c he is a HTF figure from 200x line.

Heroic Warrior
    I think the Smash & Spin Blade weapons are cool, buy not enough to warrant another He-Man & Skeletor variants which are basically repaints of the original figures. I think I good ode would be to pack Flying Fist He-Man with the Smash Blade weapon since it's almost a scaled down version of the FF spinning mace with matching gold, and package the Spin Blade weapon with Terror Claws Skeletor since it goes with the ripping & shredding of the TC motif.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Quote Originally Posted by demonicfirefly View Post
    By that logic, we shouldnt have most of the MOTUC figures we do. Itd be a really sad line without anyone thats already been released in one form or another. Eventually every line fails.
    If you want to spend money on a straight up repaint or a generic variant more power to you. I on the other hand I will not. Repaints and GV are for retail because kids are dumb enough to want them and have their parents buy them ((at least that is what companies think)). That is why the TRU line was retail. Throwing a bunch of repaints or GV in MOTUC is a bad, bad, bad move. It also sends a bad message to a company like Mattel that it is ok to skimp on new tools and give us repaints. Geez I don't know, anyone remember what happened to the 200X line when we got a bunch of repaints and no new characters. I seem to remember it did not last long after that. As I said if you want a bunch of repaints and silly variants go collect Star Wars or Bat-man figures etc.
    SUBSCRIBE OR DIE!!!: The death of a cherry picker. The continuing saga from the makers of MOTUC. The adventure begins in 2012.

UPDATE: THE CUTTING BLOCK!!!: The cherry pickers are now dead. These changes brought to you from the makers of MOTUC. The adventure begins in 2013.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Geez I don't know, anyone remember what happened to the 200X line when we got a bunch of repaints and no new characters. I seem to remember it did not last long after that. As I said if you want a bunch of repaints and silly variants go collect Star Wars or Bat-man figures etc.
    There's a difference. 200X churned out tons of non-canon variants no one wanted. In MOTUC, we have fans CONSTANTLY asking for CERTAIN variants from the mini-comics (mini-comic Roboto or Trap Jaw), Filmation (Marlena's white space suit) and elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    And why does anyone keep saying the TRU line failed? 4 assortments over two years is not a bad run for a toyline with no media support or advertising. Most exclusives are one-and-done deals, those kept on rolling for a while. The series ended and wasn't the wild success the standard MOTUC line is, but that does NOT make it a failure.
    TRU didn't want to order the series anymore and it was their own exclusive. It was probably because many TRUs STILL have Lex Luthor/Skeletor in stock, preventing stores from getting Wave 2 or 3. It definitely flopped, but it isn't much of an issue because fans didn't want to hunt at retail and we'll probably see those figures single-carded in the line in the future.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 6, 2011 at 07:42am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Not interested at all.

I recently had a toy clearout - putting toys away in the loft or garage - and came across the many He-Man and Skele variants I picked up during 2003-2005 when the line came out in the UK.

Such a waste of plastic and space - I don't ever want to see Smash Blade, Samurai, Mega fist, Mecha Armor, Exo Armor, Wolf Armor, Snake Nets or Snake Strangler He-Man or Skeletor EVER in this line.

The only ones I will tolerate are:

Ice Armor He-Man (If they do an Ice Armor Teela as well)
    Snake Armor He-Man
    -------------

Jungle Attack He-Man and 200X He-Man's armor and weapons can be included with other figures.

The Vintage and NA variants were much superior than the 200X ones - even though I enjoyed collecting them at the time - now they just seem such a waste and almost make the line feel a bit cheap and watered down.

I say nay to these figures, BUT wouldn't mind getting their accessories... SB He-Man's Accessories would work well with Flying fists He-Man (Mega Punch's Gauntlets would work well with ThunderPunch He-Man, etc.)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?