Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official MOTUC Filmation Arrow Discussion Thread

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar

The Official MOTUC Filmation Arrow Discussion Thread

This thread is to show some support to Filmation Arrow. I really like Bow's horse to be a normal one (but very intelligent by the way).
    Why?
    1º. i love Filmation Arrow's design.
    2º. because making him blue with wings, make instantly Swift Wind to be not so special at all. Yes, in Filmation there is a hole race of unicorns, but they like to live isolated from other living creatures in their island.
    3º. For the first 2 horses we would get in the line (the fist one Swift Wind, the second one Arrow, i hope so) i would like to be as distinctly as possible. If they ever make more horses then they could do more winged ones or unicorns.

Thanks for watching

I also would prefer Filmation Arrow. . . but if there has to be a bone thrown to the 'Toy Design' crowd, I wouldn't mind it being Blue Arrow. Maybe a mix of Filmation Arrow with optional toy Arrow wings and a few blue highlights/accessories to get a bit of both designs in one? Right now toy Arrow just makes me think he's Faker Swift Wind (and I had blue Arrow and Pink Swiftwind as a kid. . .actually I still think I have them)

I'm torn. I want the Filmation Arrow, personally, but I also want the vintage toy version made too for those who really want him. I always thought vintage Arrow looked like he should have been Frosta's horse.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    swift wind & stridor is good enough for me.
    wont have enough room for this.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I always thought vintage Arrow looked like he should have been Frosta's horse.
    Nah, Winter has a distinctly greenish tinge:

The only PoP horse I had growing up was Arrow. Mom refused to let me have Swift Wind. Because of this, I kind of grew to hate the blue version, that sat there not being Swift Wind, and really, not being Arrow, either. So for me, I'd greatly prefer FILMation Arrow.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

I dont care what they do... as long as there is no PINK in the GUY'S horse.

I realize its the "Princess" of Power line, but that doesnt mean it has to be completely feminine looking. Its a dudes horse. So it should not have girly colors.

I was SO glad they changed Swifty to the cartoon colors. So much less pink.

And I liked what they did with Catra and She-Ra too.

So as for Arrow, my vote is simply this.. a masculine looking horse. (While have no biased for or against a blue horse, Im thinking brown/tan would probably look better. Just leave out the damn pink! )
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

Sorry guys, but I prefer the Toy Arrow over the filmation one, Filmation Arrow is boring and I honestly wouldn't purchase him.

Actually, a point which just struck me. Filmation-Arrow's saddle blanket is both long enough and in the right place to cover the holes in the Swiftwind tool's shoulders, isn't it?

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Filmation arrow for me! All the other horses can be based on the toys!
    (Would love Storm in toy colors)
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

Snappy Threader
    Filmation for me too...with Kowl.....

As long as he has his awesome looking Filmation-style mane, I don't care what color palette is used.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Hmm. Tough call because I like the blue horse thing--like a green tiger, ya know, more alien. But those pics make Filmation Arrow look pretty good too. Time for another vote, let the popularity decide. Downside of toy Arrow was that I didn't think any horse but Swiftwind (and maybe Storm) should have wings.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I also would prefer Filmation Arrow. . . but if there has to be a bone thrown to the 'Toy Design' crowd, I wouldn't mind it being Blue Arrow. Maybe a mix of Filmation Arrow with optional toy Arrow wings and a few blue highlights/accessories to get a bit of both designs in one?
    Wow! Awesome Idea, I could handle him not having wings, bit if they maintain his color that would be great!

as someone already said , why should a universe with Green Tigers,Purple Panthers and Pink Lions NOT have Blue Horses!

Wings optional on Arrow, but I would love Storm to have her wings. as a kid my mid air battles with She ra on Swifty and Catra on storm were Electrifing!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm hoping for a blue Arrow with wings.

Filmation Arrow is very similar to Spirit (tiara) and he's brown...and so is Teela's horse/unicorn Charger.

I would be down for a Filmation design Arrow that could have all the pieces to make Filmation OR toy Arrow.

For me, I'm really down for anything regarding Arrow as long as he's blue.

"True Blue Horse Flies Bow to Victory!"

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm hoping for a blue Arrow with wings.

Filmation Arrow is very similar to Spirit (tiara) and he's brown...and so is Teela's horse/unicorn Charger.
    I really hope the line lasts long enough for everyone to get their preferred version of characters/beasts, but for me, the colors of filmation arrow match so much better with bow's colors. I'm also thinking that if arrow doesn't have wings, that makes him more unique, he'd be the 'regular horse that could' in a world of unicorns! mind you, I wouldn't be terribly devastated if the toy version came first as I'd love a blue horse as well!
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Wow! Awesome Idea, I could handle him not having wings, bit if they maintain his color that would be great!

as someone already said , why should a universe with Green Tigers,Purple Panthers and Pink Lions NOT have Blue Horses!

Wings optional on Arrow, but I would love Storm to have her wings. as a kid my mid air battles with She ra on Swifty and Catra on storm were Electrifing!

ka
    Well, I don't really think it would be considered Filmation Arrow unless it was the Filmation color. . .not blue. If it comes looking like the toy, I'll be painting it and customizing his mane to look like Filmation. I had blue Arrow as a kid and it just felt so out of place all of the time. I have anti-nostalgia for it

Filmation Arrow is very similar to Spirit (tiara) and he's brown...
    A tiara - in different colours! - doesn't make him "very similar to Spirit". He's a different colour, has a French-braided mane rather than an au natural one, and has reigns & a saddle [which is different from Swiftwind, being both larger and further forward, and just in the right place to plug into the shoulder holes to hide them!] as part of a far more distinct design overall.

And Blue Arrow basically nicked Swiftwind's wing colours

I would be down for a Filmation design Arrow that could have all the pieces to make Filmation OR toy Arrow.
    Not really possible - you can't make Blue Arrow if he's tan, or Filmation Arrow if he's blue, no matter what bits you throw in! Blue Arrow with a French-braided mane or Filmation Arrow with wings would be the sort of "hybrid" that would please no-one.

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    I really hope the line lasts long enough for everyone to get their preferred version of characters/beasts, but for me, the colors of filmation arrow match so much better with bow's colors. I'm also thinking that if arrow doesn't have wings, that makes him more unique, he'd be the 'regular horse that could' in a world of unicorns!
    ^↑ What he said ↑^

Originall from Milwaukee, WI. Just moved to St. Pete, FL
    Filmation version for me.

Count me in. I greatly prefer this version. The blue just doesn't go with Bow's motif at all imo.

I want the Filmation one as well.

I want Filmation arrow!, not the crappy doll line colors
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Filmation. The blue one is nice, but Swift Wind should be unique. The toon POP is the most prolific story media for She-Ra... I'm thinking that more often than not the releases will be Filmation inspired.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I've been a big proponent of Vintage Toy Arrow, and I came in here to throw my support behind that, but I have to admit, Filmation Arrow is cool looking and was a great characteron the toon to boot (hoove?).

I would be happy with either version.

The Filmation version's head (with his tiara thingie) could maybe get repainted for Sprit, given a different mane...

I'd also like to see Storm. (Was Storm ever in the toon?)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I'd also like to see Storm. (Was Storm ever in the toon?)
    No, but Shadow Weaver was going to have a steed called Smoke in one episode.

Filmation Arrow for me please- releasing him with Kowl makes sense (although I'd prefer Kowl to come with Spirit).
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo