Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Annihilator: Hordak's personal ship

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar

The Annihilator: Hordak's personal ship

A two-person craft, more akin to the Wind Raider or Basher than the vast Collector, the front's pretty clear who it belongs to

So, who wants the Annihilator in MotUC?

I'd rather have that than Windraider.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i, just dont know.
    i find it embarrassing. spend my money on something else.

Yes!!! I love that it has Hordak's face on- like he's trying to make himself some sort of demi-god. The Horde is like a religion.

This needs to be released with space for two figures.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    i, just dont know.
    i find it embarrassing. spend my money on something else.
    Embarrassing? This is he-man.org!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I know right? lol!!!
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

It's cool, but there are far too many Vintage Vehicles I'd rather see: Land Shark, Bashasayrus, Road Ripper, Dragon Walker, Attack Track, Starship Eternian even, if we want to get big...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    It's cool, but there are far too many Vintage Vehicles I'd rather see: Land Shark, Bashasayrus, Road Ripper, Dragon Walker, Attack Track, Starship Eternian even, if we want to get big...
    You forgot Blasterhawk

If the toy could seat two people, would it be close to the same size as Castle Grayskull? Like all the large items, I'd love to get a model of it at least.

Heroic Warrior
    While I like the INSIDE of that ship, the outer look of it seems awful to me.

I'm not against an Annihilator, BUT it would have to be redesigned so it will finally look awesome. Just my opinion, anyway...

It's a cool ship but…I'd rather see something that has an actual vintage counterpart first like Mantisaur! Hordak needs his steed!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    If the toy could seat two people, would it be close to the same size as Castle Grayskull?
    Nope. It'd be roughly as long as the Wind Raider, but a bit than the width of one figure wider (I don't think the wings are quite as long, so the overall wingspan increases less), and a bit taller (mostly because it's enclosed). $50-60 rather than $40, I suppose.

(Even a proper-scale Collector would be something like a third of the size of a proper MotUC Castle Grayskull!)

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    This ship is the same size of the Collector. But making them for one or two size figures is pointless.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    If it says "Die Die" anywhere on it, I'm sold.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    It's a little cheesy looking. Almost reminds me of some of the Marvel Superhero vehicles Toy Biz made in the early 1990's, where the character was really advertising itself on their vehicle.

I would be in favor of this only after every vintage vehicle and beast is released, and that'll be way down the road, if it happens.

I don't know that this one would make sense as a toy. Is there a windshield that the figure can be seen through? These larger ships become more like a playset than a vehicle. I'd almost rather go with Emiliano's RGD suggestion of doing Hot Wheels type toys for all of the random Filmation vehicles. . . hopefully we could get a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Nope. It'd be roughly as long as the Wind Raider, but a bit than the width of one figure wider (I don't think the wings are quite as long, so the overall wingspan increases less), and a bit taller (mostly because it's enclosed). $50-60 rather than $40, I suppose.

(Even a proper-scale Collector would be something like a third of the size of a proper MotUC Castle Grayskull!)
    Oh, I thought you meant to keep the two-seater. Shrunk down to one it'd be more manageable, but I think it could lose some of its outside proportions. I'll have a better feel for it when I can see the WR in person. I think I'd like a Batnik at the scale first though.

By "Proper" are you talking scaled down for the toys? Because my idea of proper is close-to-show-accurate, and for that a proper Collector multiplied by three would make CG awful big (granted CG would need to be the size of a standard living room to really be the right size for the figures, but I know that's not realistic).
    Last edited by gbagok; September 2, 2011 at 03:12pm.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Never seen that before, and I like it. If it's the same size as Wind Raider, that'd be great!
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Considering the name, I expected something a little more intimidating.

It's not a bad design, but the Hordak face spoils the look, imo. If the front end was more tapered, with the face either removed or better integrated into the front, I'd be up for one.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Just like the majority of Filmation ships...goofy.

Honestly, nobody thought as a kid "why in the HELL does all of his stuff have to have his FACE on it???" Nobody thought that?

I mean, I was 9 and I couldn't see that as anything fearful.

The Star Destroyers and Death Star didn't have Vader's mug on them. Ditto Decepticon ships and Megatron.

I think somebody on the design team saw Thanos flying his self-labeled helicopter and figured it wasn't THAT much of a leap!

Goofy, goofy, goofy...
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    If it says "Die Die" anywhere on it, I'm sold.
    Why would you want it to say "The The" in German?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Why would you want it to say "The The" in German?
    http://bustatoons.blogspot.com/2006/07/die-die.html
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Oh, I thought you meant to keep the two-seater. Shrunk down to one it'd be more manageable, but I think it could lose some of its outside proportions. I'll have a better feel for it when I can see the WR in person.
    I meant to keep it as a two-person craft

I think I'd like a Batnik at the scale first though.
    Remember - Batniks were the Cylon Raiders of the Horde - no pilots!

By "Proper" are you talking scaled down for the toys? Because my idea of proper is close-to-show-accurate, and for that a proper Collector multiplied by three would make CG awful big (granted CG would need to be the size of a standard living room to really be the right size for the figures, but I know that's not realistic).
    I meant show-accurate, but there's some tolerance in that. Probably easier to show than explain - see the bottom-right in this rough chart of sizes:

I think, taking out the pipe to trap MEF in, Skeletor's throne, etc, you could jam something like 15 male MotUC figures in a properly-scaled Collector (remembering that MotUC figures have different proportions to Filmation characters - the latter were designed by rotoscoping actual musclemen, whereas MotUC takes the... breadth... of the characters a bit beyond reality!)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Honestly, nobody thought as a kid "why in the HELL does all of his stuff have to have his FACE on it???" Nobody thought that?
    And yet, you're fine with the MotUC Horde logo, which has Hordak's face right in the middle of it? [The Filmation Horde symbol was more abstract and so *didn't* look like Hordak.]

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Ditto Decepticon ships and Megatron.
    Only because Soundwave dibbed it first! [Seriously, the G1 Decepticon sigil was designed after Soundwave for some reason. The G1 Autobot symbol was after Prowl, but that's less obvious and they keep introing unseen-but-important characters with more blatant Autobot-faces]
    Last edited by Reboot; September 2, 2011 at 07:04pm. Reason: .

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    I meant to keep it as a two-person craft

Remember - Batniks were the Cylon Raiders of the Horde - no pilots!

I meant show-accurate, but there's some tolerance in that. Probably easier to show than explain - see the bottom-right in this rough chart of sizes:
    http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...ctorScales.jpg
    I commend your work, although I was definitely perceiving it on the bigger scale for the show than in your mock up (I'd seen it more like one of the Runabouts from Star Trek Deep Space Nine). Sizing it down from where I was would be the only way, and I didn't really think two-seaters would be possible. With the scale you have in mind, I think your $60 estimate could be optimistic factoring in the wingspan and the height/enclosure, but if the Horsemen can make it according to your vision and keep it's cost down, that will be a wonderful vehicle to own.

RE Batniks, oh yes I know they were flying robots, but I'd still want space for either a robot pilot figure (interpreting "no pilots" to mean no living pilot), a Horde Trooper, or at least a passenger for the auto-pilot. So that would be more Windraider sized than what you've got going for the Annihilator.

That Collector, while smaller than the show's Grayskull, looks about as big as the vintage CG and I honestly cannot yet envision MOTUC's bigger CG yet. If it were the scale in your picture...I KNOW I would't have space for it! It's not the living room, but it's darned near half of it!
    Last edited by gbagok; September 2, 2011 at 07:31pm.