Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Annihilator: Hordak's personal ship

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post

And yet, you're fine with the MotUC Horde logo, which has Hordak's face right in the middle of it? [The Filmation Horde symbol was more abstract and so *didn't* look like Hordak.]
    When did I ever say that? I think that's equally as goofy.

The only "face" that should ever adorn armor is Skeletor...and that's because skulls are cool!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I commend your work, although I was definitely perceiving it on the bigger scale for the show than in your mock up (I'd seen it more like one of the Runabouts from Star Trek Deep Space Nine).
    Oh, no way are any of them as big as the runabouts - even the Collector isn't usually shown as that long. Take a look at the length of the runabout (attached, with Zodak at the door for a minimal scale - I think the actual actors were shorter, and they were certainly less "built").

Remember that we only usually saw the cockpit area of the runabouts - I think we only saw the back room once (in a TNG episode, of all places), and never the mid-section.

Sizing it down from where I was would be the only way, and I didn't really think two-seaters would be possible. With the scale you have in mind, I think your $60 estimate could be optimistic factoring in the wingspan and the height/enclosure, but if the Horsemen can make it according to your vision and keep it's cost down, that will be a wonderful vehicle to own.
    It is optimistic, but I don't think it's outright ridiculous. Not much bigger than the Battle Ram shown at SDCC last year, after all.

That Collector, while smaller than the show's Grayskull, looks about as big as the vintage CG and I honestly cannot yet envision MOTUC's bigger CG yet. If it were the scale in your picture...I KNOW I would't have space for it! It's not the living room, but it's darned near half of it!
    That's why I don't want a "playset" Grayskull - they could never, ever do it in the scale and design it should be done as (about three "stories" tall, a bit higher for the towers, and at least 1.5x the height deep. And Snake Mountain's considerably bigger again, and as for the Fright Zone... just forget it!). Just do the facade. The Collector's about the biggest thing I could possibly envisage them making.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Remember that we only usually saw the cockpit area of the runabouts
    Yes, that was why I used that example. We only saw the cockpit of the Annihilator, and I envisioned it had more unseen interior space, like the Runabouts. And your mock up looks about like what I would expect the Annihilator or the Collector should be in proper scale to the characters in a show or comic (allowing that Filmation had poor scale continuity--as you rightly pointed out in your earlier picture). It might be a tad longer, but not by a lot. As a toy in that scale it'd be impossible of course, and even Playmates made a miniaturized version to be a one-person vehicle.

It is optimistic, but I don't think it's outright ridiculous. Not much bigger than the Battle Ram shown at SDCC last year, after all.
    I didn't say ridiculous, no! I think it'd be a little more than "not much bigger," but again I'll be impressed if they can get into a $60 range.

That's why I don't want a "playset" Grayskull - they could never, ever do it in the scale and design it should be done as (about three "stories" tall, a bit higher for the towers, and at least 1.5x the height deep. And Snake Mountain's considerably bigger again, and as for the Fright Zone... just forget it!). Just do the facade. The Collector's about the biggest thing I could possibly envisage them making.
    I agree, a facade seems a lot more practical--and arguable more like what the vintage playset was since the back was meant to be a side when you opened it. I think the only hope of getting a Fright Zone or Three Towers that looks like they're meant to be huge would be 1:72 scale models.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    Never seen that before, and I like it. If it's the same size as Wind Raider, that'd be great!
    What do you mean by "never seen that before"...?!?

Have you never watched "The Secret of the Sword"?!?