Thread: Can you use the $5 off DC coupon on the 2 paks?

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar

Can you use the $5 off DC coupon on the 2 paks?

I tried searching and didn't see a thread on this so I'm asking this here. If there already is one please merge, delete, or whatever and I apologize. The search feature is never my friend.

Did anyone try this at Toys Я Us for a DC vs MOTU 2 pak or is it only for individual DC figures?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I used the coupon on the DC Universe 2-pack Captain Marvel/Black Adam. Which the coupon UPC didn't scan for them, so they manually discounted the $5 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I tried searching and didn't see a thread on this so I'm asking this here. If there already is one please merge, delete, or whatever and I apologize. The search feature is never my friend.

Did anyone try this at Toys Я Us for a DC vs MOTU 2 pak or is it only for individual DC figures?
    "Having difficulties finding that special heroic warrior or evil henchman for your Mr. of Mrs. right? Then look no further!"

I used it on my Zodac/GL pack.

I used mine on Zodac/Green Lantern last weekend

Sweet thanks!

I guess I shouldnt have thrown out the one from last month then...
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I used mine on the Catman figure.

I still have 2 coupons left and no idea what to get!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Which coupons?

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    I would have used the coupons on the dc vs motu but I haven't seen them in buffalo yet and now the coupons are expired

the $5 off DC coupon
    Can anyone who owns said coupon please clue in the rest of us who missed the memo on it? Where could one get this coupon? How?
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTripper View Post
    Which coupons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    Can anyone who owns said coupon please clue in the rest of us who missed the memo on it? Where could one get this coupon? How?
    I got one in August with Man-E-Faces and Megator as well as one this past month with Leech and Hurricane Hordak. They were just chillin in the shipping box with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightEdgeHe-Man View Post
    I would have used the coupons on the dc vs motu but I haven't seen them in buffalo yet and now the coupons are expired
    The one I got with Leech and Hurricane Hordak doesnt expire til 10/20/11.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Mar-zoooooooooooooooooooooo Mar-zoooooooooooooooooo

I used my first one at a Target. I haven't used my second at a Toys-R-Us because they didn't have anything I wanted. So I'm going to use it at this month's sale at mattycollector.com.

It depends on the cashier. Some will figure it's similar enough and manually enter it, sticklers will insist that it's not since it doesn't ring up and the item you're buying doesn't precisely match the characters pictured on the coupon.

At K-Mart, I used it on Batman Legacy Catman easily enough despite his different package. He's 6" and has DCUniverse printed on the card, so I didn't have to explain a thing.

Same K-Mart a week later, I try for Batman with Bat-Mite in the same packaging, I'm told it won't work, the manager is called over, I explain it and I'm denied.

Used it at Target instead. A clearanced Batman Legacy wave 1 figure ended up being $2.50

It probably won't scan, so to encourage the manual input I recommend pointing out the DCUniverse logo that is present on both the coupon and DC/MOTUC package.

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    The one I got with Leech and Hurricane Hordak doesnt expire til 10/20/11.[/QUOTE]

Oh I didn't notice a coupon with leech, I'll have to double check

Quote Originally Posted by FakeEyes22 View Post
    It depends on the cashier. Some will figure it's similar enough and manually enter it, sticklers will insist that it's not since it doesn't ring up and the item you're buying doesn't precisely match the characters pictured on the coupon.

At K-Mart, I used it on Batman Legacy Catman easily enough despite his different package. He's 6" and has DCUniverse printed on the card, so I didn't have to explain a thing.

Same K-Mart a week later, I try for Batman with Bat-Mite in the same packaging, I'm told it won't work, the manager is called over, I explain it and I'm denied.

Used it at Target instead. A clearanced Batman Legacy wave 1 figure ended up being $2.50

It probably won't scan, so to encourage the manual input I recommend pointing out the DCUniverse logo that is present on both the coupon and DC/MOTUC package.
    Yes,it depends on the cashier. I've used two coupons at 2 different wal-marts. They've marked the GL waves down to $5, so I thought I'd like to build Stel the robo-green lantern.

First try: took 2 figures to the register, cashier scanned them, scanned the coupon, and said "Wow, one of those was free with the coupon."

2nd try: One figure and a Snickers. Coupon didn't scan and cashier wasn't happy I was getting a free toy. She left to talk to her supervisor (5 feet away) twice. Supervisor told her to run it through. I was ready to point out that it's Manufacturer's coupon and not a store coupon (in other words, it doesn't say $5 off a FULL PRICE 6" DCUC figure).

You shouldn't have too much trouble with TRU; I've used their RewardsRus coupons on the MOTUCvsDCUC a couple times at different locations.

But, like FakeEyes and I have said, it really depends on the cashier.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    2nd try: One figure and a Snickers. Coupon didn't scan and cashier wasn't happy I was getting a free toy. She left to talk to her supervisor (5 feet away) twice. Supervisor told her to run it through. I was ready to point out that it's Manufacturer's coupon and not a store coupon (in other words, it doesn't say $5 off a FULL PRICE 6" DCUC figure).
    LOVE the cashiers that act like it's coming out of their paycheck or it's gonna bankrupt the store if they put it through.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!