Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread September 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Yea, don't be surprised. They've got this all figured out already and are just playing every one like a fiddle.
    I think if they had it all figured out they would have mentioned the potential for Castle Grayskull, the possible price increase for day-of-sale figures, and the option to add the 30th anniversary figures to the sub before the 2011 subscription went on sale. As it is, the last month has generated some pretty poor press for Mattel - at least on fan sites like the .org.

Whether re-opening the sub will get enough extra takers to make a Grayskull feasible for 2013 is debatable. I really hope it will. I suspect that the fall in subscription sales has less to do with cherry-pickers and Digital River than it does with a drop in the number of re-sellers buying multiple subs. Will they be enticed by this second chance?

Oh - and I think that if the sub is re-opened it'll only be from the March 2012 figure onwards (in the same way the add-on 30th anniversary sub is only going to be from the second figure). That would seem consistent with what Toyguru has said in the past regarding them having to know the number of figures they produce x months in advance. I have to say that I don't find anything disingenuous in re-opening the sub.
    Last edited by Neil; September 11, 2011 at 03:17pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Oh - and I think that if the sub is re-opened it'll only be from the March 2012 figure onwards (in the same way the add-on 30th anniversary sub is only going to be from the second figure). That would seem consistent with what Toyguru has said in the past regarding them having to know the number of figures they produce x months in advance. I have to say that I don't find anything disingenuous in re-opening the sub.
    You bring up an interesting point here.

They haven't yet announced in which month Shadow Weaver will be released. They will have to delay her long enough to allow for additional subscription purchases if they do re-open sales.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

They haven't yet announced in which month Shadow Weaver will be released. They will have to delay her long enough to allow for additional subscription purchases if they do re-open sales.
    And a new subscription without the Star Sisters ! (as they should be released in January).
    I really like them but a lot of fans didn't take a sub' due to these chicks...
    Good strategy for Mattel

Not a big fan of the color change Faker, only because I don't think they could get the colors right. Plus we already have He-Man. Just get an extra and switch the harnesses if need be. I would love a Leo Faker though, and believe we will see him sometime down the line as an A-list variant.

Also glad they might reopen the subs, as I didn't have any money to invest in them last month, but do now. Hopefully all of them will be reopened, as I want a Voltron sub too.
    yeaaaahh ..... but then that happened...

THESE TRADERS HAVE THE POWER !!! - Thanks guys!

It's possible, but wouldn't this potentially anger many of the existing subscribers who were maybe willing to miss out on the first two months of figures? I just hope such a move wouldn't cause mass sub cancellations/repurchases. Digital River would be thrown into chaos. Imagine the potential mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    It's possible, but wouldn't this potentially anger many of the existing subscribers who were maybe willing to miss out on the first two months of figures? I just hope such a move wouldn't cause mass sub cancellations/repurchases. Digital River would be thrown into chaos. Imagine the potential mess.
    Oh dear Lord...I don't even want to THINK about that! If they do reopen the sub from March on, hopefully people who aren't fans of The Star Sisters will remember that if they get out of having them as part of their subscription, they also get out of having The Sorceress as part of their subscription.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Oh dear Lord...I don't even want to THINK about that! If they do reopen the sub from March on, hopefully people who aren't fans of The Star Sisters will remember that if they get out of having them as part of their subscription, they also get out of having The Sorceress as part of their subscription.
    I could live with that.

Don't want Bird-Girl, anyway.

I already have my Sorceress...from the mini-comics!

GODDESS!!!!!!!

!
    Last edited by Larry Waters; September 11, 2011 at 07:33pm.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Man-E-Faces secret Accessory question

The paint application on the skeletor face on this accessory is pretty terrible. Is there any reason why we're seeing so many green skelly faces? The reissue of the figure suffered from this problem and now this face. It doesn't look like skelly's face because of the lack of yellow. Is this intentional or is it a mistake?

The paint deco was created by the Horsemen and Bill from design and is intentional. Every figure is hand painted so human error and subtle changes due occur figure to figure.
    How can it be individual human error when it's happening in every single one including the 'secret accessory'!

Don't tell me, logistics right?

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    I was going to say "Jan: Sorceress; Feb: Fisto"... but then I remembered the Star Sisters are in January.

I wouldn't be convinced that an March/April-December sub would include Shadow Weaver, however.

Exactly I mean Digital River is going to have a hard enough time handling those who add the 30th Anniversary figures add-on sub. People think they will also be able to handle a March-Dec sub

I still think we are far enough out to reopen the sub at Power-Con for a week and not put the production number for Jan in any kind of disarray.

Well Wun-Dar came in what April or May when it was supposed to come earlier, I don't see an issue with reopening the sub and then scooting Shadow Weaver to April to add on the extra orders.

People need to stop acting like this line is set in concrete stone, we should all know by now we are not guaranteed to know when something is coming till about 45 days out when review samples go out. They have moved and swapped since 2009.
    Last edited by markatisu; September 11, 2011 at 07:59pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

2011 and 2012 Subscription Address Change

Hello, I am moving in September and I think I have changed BOTH my billing and shipping address for my 2011 subscription, the reason I say "I think I have changed" is because it shows on the bottom of my original order from 7/21/2010 for the 2011 subscription that my address change went through, but I also called and the service representative said the change doesn't show on his end, will I be receiving the September subscription items at my new address?? I would also like to know how to change my address for billing and shipping for my purchased 2012 subscription--or will the change automatically go through for 2012 because of the change made to my 2011 subscription?? Please help, I have called customer service a few times and they barely understand what I am talking about, and I don't want to miss out or have any of my items sent to my old address.

We are working on some major improvements to the site including an easier way to change addresses and credit cards.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best comedy of the day!!!

HOW long have they been "working on major improvements" to Matty/DR?

What a BS response. Better off just ignoring questions about DR/Matty ineptitude...
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

"Raise this duplicate from an infant, than take her as my bride!"......
    No one else see this as disturbing? Besides with all his magic, he couldn't
    do a full size adult clone...I mean it it Skeletor, and it is a.....cartoon.

Anyway I myself want The Sorceress, I like the way she looks, the blue &
    orange, she looks just like the cartoon....with the exception of the blue on her
    inner wings, which I do like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Anyway I myself want The Sorceress, I like the way she looks, the blue &
    orange, she looks just like the cartoon....with the exception of the blue on her
    inner wings, which I do like myself.
    BAH!

I do not need the guardian of a skull-faced fortress of mystery and power to wear a chicken suit!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll...ela05_full.jpg

"Raise this duplicate from an infant, than take her as my bride!"......
    No one else see this as disturbing? Besides with all his magic, he couldn't
    do a full size adult clone...I mean it it Skeletor, and it is a.....cartoon.
    Exactly. It's creepy and disturbing. Cultural mores aside.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Heroic Warrior
    I would think they would just have even less day of sale figures for January and February, than make it a shorter sub. So that Sorceress and Fisto would nearly become the 2nd and 3rd sub exclusives as the day of sale figures would sell out in 5 minutes.

And I'm pretty sure Shadow Weaver will be released in March.
    Last edited by cbomb23; September 12, 2011 at 08:04am.

Yes, I agree. There's no way they could re-open the sub without offering Shadow Weaver. I guess the rest of us will have to wait a little longer for the sub exclusive - I can't see us getting Shadow Weaver in February (which was when Preternia He-Man shipped). But then, Wun-Dar was an April release, so there's precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    People need to stop acting like this line is set in concrete stone, we should all know by now we are not guaranteed to know when something is coming till about 45 days out when review samples go out. They have moved and swapped since 2009.
    I was in no way suggesting, nor have I ever suggested that this line's plan is set in stone

You know that I am all too familiar with the way it changes lol

I just thought I'd point out that they might end up moving Shadow Weaver even later than that. I was thinking more about people who subscribe and then cancel (by changing their credit cards, or refusing shipments - which causes an automatic sub cancellation when the parcel is returned to Digital River). Even if SW is sent out in May, they could still have people cancel. That would be unfortunate, as they wouldn't have had those cancelled customers on the line for Jan-March (if a reopened sub starts in April).
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    BAH!

I do not need the guardian of a skull-faced fortress of mystery and power to wear a chicken suit!
    That's all good in your opinion, it's yours to have, in mine I like the way she
    looks, and apparently so do many others, besides, she is in the cartoon looking
    like a Chicken? Looks like she's wearing a huge human sized Eagle to me, and
    she is not wearing it, it is part of her magic, and what she transforms into.
    Native Americans wore animals skins in their war and ceremony dress.
    I know it's only a cartoon, but the comparison is there. I think that as a
    holder of magic, she looks appropriate wearing her Eagle garb, it's the equivalent
    of a hood and cloak to a wizard or a monk, granted much brightly colored.

Only thing I don't get is if Zoar is The Sorceress.....then why is the bird not
    known as I don't know....The Sorceress?, just in her familiar form.

I think if they had it all figured out they would have mentioned the potential for Castle Grayskull, the possible price increase for day-of-sale figures, and the option to add the 30th anniversary figures to the sub before the 2011 subscription went on sale. As it is, the last month has generated some pretty poor press for Mattel - at least on fan sites like the .org.

"They've got it all figured out" wasn't meant to be taken literally, but they CERTAINLY have a lot more figured and working behind the scenes then you, I or any one else knows about for sure. There's ALWAYS a "potential" for something like CG. Any one who thinks otherwise is just being naive. They're never going to spill the beans on every thing. If you want to believe every thing that they say to a tee that's on you, but as even brought up in this very thread they often say one thing and do another.

Yes, I agree. There's no way they could re-open the sub without offering Shadow Weaver. I guess the rest of us will have to wait a little longer for the sub exclusive - I can't see us getting Shadow Weaver in February (which was when Preternia He-Man shipped). But then, Wun-Dar was an April release, so there's precedent.

They also wouldn't re-open it at a "lesser" rate with less figures, yet still include the subscription figure. You think they have bad press now? Wait till that happens. People would be canceling left and right and FUMING over something like that. There's NO way that I see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by gofigure View Post
    Not a big fan of the color change Faker, only because I don't think they could get the colors right. Plus we already have He-Man. Just get an extra and switch the harnesses if need be. I would love a Leo Faker though, and believe we will see him sometime down the line as an A-list variant.
    Toybiz did a color change Mr. Freeze back in the late 80's and it was very cool! I remember it working well.... so you'd think Mattel could successfully do one now.

See that baby?

That's another reason to have a baby pack.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    "They've got it all figured out" wasn't meant to be taken literally, but they CERTAINLY have a lot more figured and working behind the scenes then you, I or any one else knows about for sure. There's ALWAYS a "potential" for something like CG. Any one who thinks otherwise is just being naive. They're never going to spill the beans on every thing. If you want to believe every thing that they say to a tee that's on you, but as even brought up in this very thread they often say one thing and do another.

They also wouldn't re-open it at a "lesser" rate with less figures, yet still include the subscription figure. You think they have bad press now? Wait till that happens. People would be canceling left and right and FUMING over something like that. There's NO way that I see that happening.
    I know, this whole news about the possibility of the subs being re-opened is all over the press!!! Even Alex Jones is talking about how Mattel is plotting to take over America and flood us with junk toys!

Matteluminati?
    I'll lead you into danger
    And all that troubles man
    I'll lead you far from hunger
    Just take my frozen hand

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    See that baby?

That's another reason to have a baby pack.
    Seconded!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by illicitjedi View Post
    Exactly. It's creepy and disturbing. Cultural mores aside.
    I'm amazed that this story-line got past the guardians of morality at Mattel.

It's interesting though... after this mini-comic plot-line was dropped, Hordak goes on to abduct baby Adora & raise her.... then, (correct me if I'm wrong!), I do believe Evil-Lyn is raised by Skeletor or Keldor in the MVC comics. Or something like that.

Such evil fiendery!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!