Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "SON OF HE-MAN" ERA in MOTUC

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar

"SON OF HE-MAN" ERA in MOTUC

Wassup y'all?

Now that we know the "He-Ro, Son of He-Man / King Adam" era is available for MOTUC, and that Mattel obviously have a plan to include them in the line (hence the Evil-Lyn/Skeletor's son mention), I thought it would be fun to have a thread where we can discuss a few possibilities regarding the wave of figures from that era.
    A few interesting points of speculation would be -

01) Who are Dare's (He-Ro's) real parents going to turn out to be? Since many speculated that Evil Lyn and Skeletor werehis parents, and TG has stated that this is not to be the case...the most obvious answer would be Adora and SeaHawk...this makes sense from the He-Ro bible, where it states that he is part of the King Adam bloodline. But are there any other possibilities?

02) Is Dare actually a young He-Ro from Preternia? Based on the amount of time travelling involved it would certainly be a possibility. All we know about He-Ro (from Preternia) is that he was sent there by Trollans(?) and had somekind of connection with a tecno-virus in which he was cured in a lake..but it is never specified exactly where he was sent "from". My guess is the 2 He-Ro's are the same person. (Also anyone who knows the Cable from X-Men story can see some links here). Finally, why did Adam need to become Pre-Eternian disguesed unless it was possible his future adopted son (He-Ro) might recognise him? Anyway, feel free to discuss this possibility

03)Kay-La = Fisto's daughter? She is Teela's cousin, and with the 200x series having the whole Fisto possible has a daughter sub-plot...this makes sense does it not?

04) Man-E-Faces takes on a more "Mime" like persona...maybe Battleground Man E Faces possibility?

05) Slob-Boar, one of Skeletor's new henchmen. Would actually be the right age to be a grown up "Pig Boy" from the motion picture. Perhaps his Bio could make a cheeky reference to that to avoid any possible legal issues?

06) Ram Man's cool Battleground look? His new Black and Blue armor?

07) MerMan's slightly evolved look?

08) Odar - Skeletor's villain...probably could just be Stinkor (real name Odiphus after all, close enough shortening of name)...no need for 2 skunks is there?

Sure there are many more things to discuss, but I thought I'd put all the possibilities that I'd been thinking about in a single place to see what other's think

(Probably best not to post anything if you don't like the concept of the "Son of He-Man era" being introduced into MOUC as the thread might ge bogged down...so best only to join in if you like the idea) (though, I'm sure many don't)
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; September 3, 2011 at 12:58pm. Reason: Spellings!

Love, love, love the idea of getting any/all of this! I think there may be a thread already, but I'm using my phone at the moment, stumbling around behind my wife and sister-in-law, so I will check later...

In any event, YES!

Oh, and welcome aboard!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    The characters I like of this era are:

- King Adam
    - Dare, son of He-Man (donīt call him He-Ro in order to avoid confussion)
    - ???, son of Skeletor
    - Kay-La, related to Teela (maybe next Sorceress)
    - Slob-Boar (I like the idea of him as an adult "Pig Boy")
    - Odar, son of Odiphus / Stinkor
    Last edited by Snake Hunter; September 3, 2011 at 07:45pm.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

i want the Evil-Lyn from this sooooo bad!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    I really like the idea behind this well, anything to keep the line going

Don't like the idea of He-Ro being the He-Ro of the past. Its too neat a plot device, and I don't like the idea of this infinite loop that will happen. Unless Eternia gets destroyed and he gets sent back.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    I have always been a major supporter of "He-Ro, Son of He-Man" and bringing it into MOTUC. I would love to see any and all characters from Lou's pitch translated to plastic. But, where was it said that it is indeed available? Saying that Evil-Lyn's son is available has nothing to do with Mr. Scheimer's original idea. Was it said somewhere else that we can, in fact, get these figures?

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Answer to WTFWTK 2.63!

1. Jon-O:
    Does the acquisition of Filmation rights grant access to characters from He-Ro, Son of He-Man; ie, He-Ro (Dare) and Kay-La?

We had access to these stories and characters regardless of the Filmation rights (hense Evil Lyn's bio which is setting up some elements heading toward this story)
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Answer to WTFWTK 2.63!
    Yep, and then later ToyGuru also said that Dare wasn't Skeletor/Evil-Lyn's kid, just to put an end to that train of thought that some people were speculating (can't find the exact quote!)

In terms of the timeline for this era, am I correct in assuming that it is 10 years after New Adventures that Dare is found in the jungle by the Lioness Bearcat thing...and then possibly a few more years until he is found by "King Adam"?

The He-ro bible places Queen Teela at about 26/27 (10 years older than her cousin Kay-La who is 17), so that gives us a bit of an idea in regards to timescale...

Also, Dare never knows his real name. It states that he tries to remember it, but can't. He is called "Dare" by Adam and Teela, but his true name is never revealed. Could it have been "Gray" after all? (He-Ro was called Gray IIRC)

(Also - thanks for the welcome Uki!!!)
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; September 4, 2011 at 07:19pm.

I am sooo lost. Where can I find a compilation of info about this era?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Warrior
    They CAN make He-Ro son of He-Man toys!?

*Does Happy Dance*

Seriously, every character in that Bible must be made as MOUTC figures! Also I'd love to see Skeletor's son fill the role of He-Ro II's arch rival, for a while but then he redeems himself mayhaps.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I am sooo lost. Where can I find a compilation of info about this era?
    http://old.he-man.org/cartoon/exclus...le-intro.shtml

Heroic Warrior
    Depending upon the final designs for the characters, I wouldn't mind adding the "son of Skeletor" and the "son of He-Man" to my collection.

I don't think I'd be interested in any other characters from that era.

How have I not already read this?

I love many of the concepts. Dare seems like an exciting character. I didn't really love some of Scheimers' "new" characters, though. Air Bag??

Whatever. Gimme, gimme, gimme!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I love page 4 of the He-Ro bible. There are basically no popular kids shows that focus on any kind of "good" and "bad" like there were in the 80's and earlier. I'm so tired of this morally ambiguous nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    I love page 4 of the He-Ro bible. There are basically no popular kids shows that focus on any kind of "good" and "bad" like there were in the 80's and earlier. I'm so tired of this morally ambiguous nonsense.
    i'm curious to hear of some examples of the morally ambiguous programming floating around today for children...
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    i'm curious to hear of some examples of the morally ambiguous programming floating around today for children...
    Well, keeping in mind that "today" was 1989, possibly.

Beetlejuice, Beverly Hills Teens, Karate Commandos, Bucky O'Hare, Dragon's Lair, Lazer Tag, My Pet Monster, Alf Tales, Robocop, Rambo, TigerSharks or Wolf Rocks.

I don't think Lou was necessarily saying that shows were sending morally corrupt messages (maybe Robocop) I believe he was just saying that a strong moral compass should be part of a child's viewing, and there wasn't enough television tackling that in '89.

Similarly, if he said "TV shows used to promote good nutrition and TV shows today aren't sending that message." I don't think that would imply that "The Real Ghostbusters" was anti-nutrition. Simply that it was not a focus of that show and no other show had taken up that portion of - what Lou considers - important broadcasting.

I'm Happy for 'son of he-man' aspects and characters to be included into the MOTUC story. But I DO NOT want stupid villians i hate nothing more than that.

I think the son the of keldor should replace skeletor as the main villian and he shouldn't have a skull face but wear a mask/helmet to represent a skull to honor his 'fallen' father.
    Last edited by Coptur; September 9, 2011 at 09:01am.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    there are alot more than you would think

I have a 7, 3, and 2 year old.

man, once you actually try to filter, there is so much **** on tv.

for example, sit down watching cartoons on nickelodian, with the intention of, "if the TONE that characters talk in sounds like they are TALKING AT people, instead of TO People..."

just try that. its not a "grey area moral code, step on toes" type of filter, and all of a sudden your EYES will open, and think, ****, THATS why my kids TALK AT me!!!!

sponge bob for example. all i simply said to my kids (no joke) a few short years ago is, "if you think its good for you, or bad for you, you decide" (mostly to my 7 year old who was 5 at the time)

guess what she thought about sponge bob.

"dad, why are they mean? dad, why do they talk like that"

no offense to anyone in here with kids, but show my a kid that watches spongebob and has since he was 2-4, i will show you a little jerk of a kid.

and thats just one cartoon......

morals dont have to be "preachy" the word respect has been lost with cartoons because the producers want the parents to watch the cartoons to. this decision makes the producers feel like they need to have the cartoon "talk and act" like them.

most adults talk at each other, instead of to each other.

again no offense to the square sponge, but its not for my family.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Well, I'm a not opposed at all to this Son of He-Man Era, especially not if we could get some fine MotUC toys to go with that. As I said many times before, we need some more of the regular and more familiar MotU figures, but hey, this line could be incorporated.
    I am no fan however of that whole He-Ro=He-Ro of the past. Simple solution, Dare is He-Man's son and when using the Power he turns into He-Ro as an hommage to the first man who ever wielded the sword of He (wouldn't that be a nice cycle? I mean, we can't just go on with Dare's son, and than his son or cousin or whatever, can we?).
    In my humble opinion, in order to get these ideas/this line more popular and familiar we could you use a cartoon or comic about that (my preference being some comics or other sort of stories - give a new He-Man cartoon, please! )

Still, it would be great though, being able to have a whole line going from PoG to SoH (Son of He-Man)...
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not too keen on this concept, right now...

Maybe after all the vintage characters and cool Filmation characters are out.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    I love the concept of Dare.

and if there can be more than one he-man in classics line (which i dont agree with) why couldnt there be more than one he-ro?

what's funny is that I am jazzed about getting this as official part of cannon. I love having the classic story more fully explored and extrapolated, and lenghtened, and an attempt to bring all era's into one cohesive story.

I dont know what's to come but it's exciting.

That being said...I dont really want the figures from this, exactly. I'm not certain I like any of the designs. I'll see when we see "Classicized" versions of them, but boy I hope they are minimal inclusions.

To clarify, I want story elements. I'd like a Dare He-Ro. But that's about it. anything else, I'm a big ole "meh" to "nah".

oh and here's a thought I just remembered having. I get the feeling that MOTUC would be best served having the next cartoon to be Dare's He-Man. The bio's give all the previous continuities as a cohesive story. Then take all the familiar elements, and tell the next story. I'm actually very cool with this. I dont need another complete relaunch, and I'd like to see the "next step". And setting it in MOTUC bio-world is just aces.

I kinda think this may be where this is going. I think Mattel may be building up to a cartoon that is the future of this Toyline. Then 2 become one!

I'm sure most people would want just another reboot of He-Man. And I'll be happy with that, if not ecstatic. But I really think a new cartoon with an unexplored story but with a well loved history built in is the way to go. Not that I'm the biggest fan (nor not a fan) of the ne Voltron, but they did it. New cartoon, forging new stories, going forward with well loved characters and history. I think He-Man deserves the same.

Here's to Masters of the Universe: He-Ro, Son of He-Man cartoon!

OF course when and if it happens, we'll see how I feel about it. What I would take is new characters to the line, not new versions of old characters. I dont want all those variants.

I dont want Dare to just be He-Ro from the past in the future. Luckily I'll wager much that that wont be the case.

I dont particularly want Dare to be She-Ra's son, but I guess I'll accept it. Dont like what that implies with She-Ra's future and her inability to raise her son.

I love him being Skeletor & Evil Lyn's son, but no luck there. As I was typing that, I just realized that if the Son-of Era skeletor was Skeletor's Son and that design we have is used for that, I'll take it.

I'd just be happy if Dare was just Adam's son. No need for a cartoon trope of "guy is always adopting kids, or the uncle raising the kid, ect, because we cant have implied sex, or whatever". Since this is like "Ultimate" MOTU, I hope they take cool story inspiration and characterization from this. But I'd like him to be revealed as Adam's legitimate son. Say he's lost, or kidnapped, or whatever, and doesnt know anything about his legacy. That's fine. Then he has to fit into a world with a family he never knew. That's awesome.

But make him part of the Grayskull Bloodline (which seems to be a go) but dont have She-ra loose her son only to have He-Man raise him. And then how else make him a grayskull child? Stick with child of Adam & Teela. Do we really want lady Edwina's lost child to be the new He-Man?

Frankly they shoulda gone with Son of Skeletor as Dare. Oh well.
    Last edited by baronterror; September 9, 2011 at 03:27pm.

I think we are finally getting to the point of seeing this era officially recognised in MOTUC this year....
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    I think we are finally getting to the point of seeing this era officially recognised in MOTUC this year....
    I hope so too. I may be in the minority, but I want to see NEW characters that we haven't seen before. No offense to POP and MOTU, but I HAVE these figures already from when they were first released. Make no mistake, I love the new versions of these guys, but I want new stuff too.

The He-Ro son of He-Man property is very fertile ground in which to drive the storyline into places its never gone before
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

For my 100th post, I am going to summarise the He-Ro Son Of He-Man basics for everyone, so that it is all located in one place, nice and easy for people to find, without having to go searching for the series bible!

Let's begin!!!

First Off -

STORYLINE

Skeletor has been banished to The Frozen Lands by the heroic warrior He-Man, and the Sorceress.

-------

Meanwhile, In a far away forest, a small 3-year old child is found in the wilderness, by powerful she-bearcat (half bear, half mountain lion). She takes him into her cave and raises him in the wild. As he grows, the child quickly learns to communicate with the animals and has enhanced powers of hearing and sight.

As the years pass, and his bearcat mother gets older, he finds himself looking after her, as she once looked after him. He teaches the human language to a wild crow called Craven, a language which the boy is still able to remember vaguely from his time before he came to the forest, as well as vague memories of his real parents, a Beautiful Woman and a Strong Man, before he was stolen away in the dead of night. He struggles to remember his real name, but fails everytime.

------------------------------------

10 years after Skeletors defeat, King Adam is now on the throne, with his Queen Teela at his side. Randor and Marlena have retired to the Summer Palace enjoying this time of peace.

King Adam is contacted by The Sorceress. She tells him that "The time has come to share the power of the sword. Legends speak of a boy without name who will inhert the power sword." King Adam knows nothing of this "boy", and is not very pleased with this turn of events. Even though he is now King, he still feels he is in the prime of his life, and is not yet ready to give up his He-Man alter ego just yet. But he realises he must listen to the sorceress and so sets off to find the unamed boy in the dark valley, beyond the mountains of fire.

-------------------------------------

Elsewhere, Skeletor has managed to free himself from his icy prison, that held him captive for 10 years. He frees his old ally, Beast Man, who sends beastly spies to watch King Adam's every move. The spies overhear the new prophecy regarding the child without a name, and report back to Skeletor. Skeletor does not like the idea of a potential new heroic nemesis, so constucts an evil plan to find this child, and teach him the ways of evil, before King Adam can reach him.

Skeletor sets off, with Beast Man, and Evil Lyn as well as several new evil warriors (detailed below). Beast Man sets his beasts free to track the child, and a savage fight between the childs bearcat mother and Beast Mans beasts ensues. The bearcat mother is killed!
    Skeletor approaches the child, and convinces him that the warrior He-Man is responsible for the beasts that attacked, and killed his bearcat mother. The child swears revenge on the one called He-Man. Evil-Lyn takes the child under her wing, as she trains him in the dark arts.

---------

Meanwhile, King Adam is still searching far and wide for the child, with his three faithful companions, Cringer, Orko, and an elderly Man-At-Arms (Duncan presumably, not Clamp Champ).

They catch up with Skeletor, and Man-At-Arms gets captured to create a diversion allowing King Adam to secretly transform into He-Man. He-Man defeats Skeletors new cronies, and tracks him and the child through a sereis of traps and into the Mountains of Fire.

Skeletor and He-Man both present the child with a choice to choose which path he wants to take, good or evil. The child eventually chooses good, after Skeletor blasts his pet crow, Craven, out of the way in order to get a shot at He-Man.

As the boy has no name, He-Man names him DARE after his courageous spirit to stand up to Skeletor.

-------------------

Back at the palace, King Adam and Queen Teela, decide to adopt Dare, and he recieves tuition from Duncan, and his neice Kay-La, to try and get him more attuned to the civilized world.

King Adam is still a little concerned about passing the power sword over to this kid, as he is not yet ready to give up his He-Man alter ego.

----------------------

Skeletor once again attacks, and King Adam must make a choice between passing on the Power Sword to Prince Dare, or losing hs Kingdom. He decides to hand the sword over....and Dare becomes HE-RO SON OF HE-MAN.

(BOLDED points that may link to the MOTUC canon)

-----------------------------------------------
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; February 27, 2012 at 10:29am.
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL: