Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "SON OF HE-MAN" ERA in MOTUC

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    My guess is since we saw King He-Man, Dare is a given maybe he will become Preternian He-Ro and since we don´t know his real name maybe his parents(whoever they are going to be) gave him the name Gray when he was born but nobody except them knows, for now.

Queen Teela should get a figure, as should Skeletor, Evil-Lyn.

From the new ones i´m only interested in Kay-La and Bug-Eye as they are shown or how the were explained.

Odar, Tung-Lashor and Ever-Mean are not making much sense right now. Keep the original persons or change those three and their powers completely, i don´t mind if characters changed over the years but characters who seem to be the same person but simply aren´t. I don´t get that concept. i want some clearance.
    I really feel that Odar should be Stinkor. I can see Stinkor rejoining Skeletor, he loved being a loyal evil warrior.
    Ever Mean can be Evil Seed.
    Tung Lashor might have survived the ultimate battleground & has no one to fallow.
    Trap-Jaw has to much bad history with Skeletor & would prabably not want to join again.
    Evil Lyn well she betrayed him to many times.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

You guys all make some very interesting points. Especially in the case of MAN-AT-ARMS, TRAP JAW, and EVIL LYN. However, there's always alternative time lines, mirror universes, and all that kind of cool stuff. (Not to mention clones)

Also, whenever you see something weird that just doesn't seem to jive.... a wizard did it!
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; September 26, 2012 at 09:16pm.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Also, whenever you see something weird that just doesn't seem to jive.... a wizard did it!
    Spector did it.

what is cool about this is the story is still up in the air. changes can be made to it.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    Odar and Tung Lashor could be Stinkor and the previous Tung Lashor's sons. We're dealing with the next generation, might as well have some legacy going on over on the bad side too. Would also explain TL's radically different appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    Odar and Tung Lashor could be Stinkor and the previous Tung Lashor's sons. We're dealing with the next generation, might as well have some legacy going on over on the bad side too. Would also explain TL's radically different appearance.
    Stinkor wouldn't be that old & Tung Lashor is a snake man & may age slower because of hibernation or magic or some junk like that.

i want new charcaters not sons, cousinns or remaking of the actual.
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    i want new charcaters not sons, cousinns or remaking of the actual.
    I feel that is very cheap having the characters all be children of the main motu characters lame.

son of keldor sure. dare was found, but is suggested to be adora & sea hawks son. kay-la is comforting to the story to have with the young dare character.

I would like to see some new characters.
    ra-jarr, photog, spector & laser lot would be good additions.

That's the beauty of MOTU though, guys...if you don't like a certain canon or aspect of story, just pretend it doesn't exist, and make up your own version! Believe me, there's loads of backstory that I completely ignore for various reasons.

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    I was bored so I made this....nice to see the specific HE-RO SON OF HE-MAN figures lined up together....we can pretend that this is what we'd have got in the early-mid ninties had the series gone ahead...

EDIT: Also something I just noticed....probably been pointed out before though ->

Lends a bit of weight to the "speculation" that preternia HE-RO is infact the future HE-RO simply lost in time somehow....at least that's still my theory...best send out the TIME AGENTS on a search party...
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; October 1, 2012 at 09:52pm.
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Heroic Warrior
    It would be cool if Kay-La was Clamp Champ's Daughter. With the story forever changing I think it would bring so much more to the story.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if we will see Evil-Lyn on Skeletors team. With EVIL-LYN joining Hordak, I think the lady of Skeletor's team will be Crita from NA. When the season of NA ended Skeletor and Crita was trapped together in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Kunle View Post
    I don't know if we will see Evil-Lyn on Skeletors team.
    I don't pay a lot of attention to canon, so I'll just be happy if they make that version of EVIL LYN no matter who's side she's on. She would make a great figure!

I don't know if we will see Evil-Lyn on Skeletors team. With EVIL-LYN joining Hordak, I think the lady of Skeletor's team will be Crita from NA. When the season of NA ended Skeletor and Crita was trapped together in space.
    yeah Crita is more likely to be a trusted ally to Skeletor than Evil Lyn.
    The ending of N/A did have them both Crita & Skeletor drifting through space, but the He-Ro SOHM story told that Skeletor was chased to a remote planet & was defeated by He-Man & was left frozen on the planet. So you can assume more took place after Skeletor & Crita was set adrift & He-Man has aged quite a bit too in that time. Who knows if Crita is still interested in allying herself with Skeletor?
    Last edited by kylun flac; October 12, 2012 at 04:17am.

The "Son of He-Man" era is very exciting to me.

If they could be made, although I'm somewhat doubtful, I'd really like to get a Queen Teela, He-Ro, and a Son of Skeletor.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

SoH is a hopeful future!

But MOTUC taken the classic Man-At-Arms.
    Now is the Black Skinned Male "Sir Laserlot" the new Man-At-Arms.
    (I am not happy with the death of Teelana Zoar and Duncan's death in MOTUC)

I wuld made a picture like Missle-Toe xD he nailed it 3 Figures are still ``SoH´´ Figures!

to 1.) Evil-Lyn and Skeletor are not the parents.
    it gives a rumors that gives a Lou Sheimer interview where he said She-Ra/Adora & Sea Hawk are the true parents.
    But self Adam and Teela are posible Parents when adam dont know from his lost boy.

I look of this of the Story parte when Beast man stolen the Boy! (this take Skeletor and Evil-Lyn out / You don't made your own Child belive you are the parents when you are the true parents. )

I love that Dare/He-Ro² have a animal-sister ``the blue She-Bearcat´´ i wished he ride more with her into the battle as with Chringer/Battlecat and Craven/Battlebird.

Craven is a cool alternativ for Flight Misions and cool when he came with in the Adventures when he ride out with She-Bearcat he can tranform Craven in to battlebird for flyght situations.

to 2) Nonsens!
    He-Ro² is not Ro from the Past!
    Like we have many He-Man he is a another He-Ro².
    He-Man is an amalgam of Adam and King Grayskull so is
    He-Ro² an amalgam of Dare and Ro/He-Ro.

...i see the Old Concept of Grayskulls Son Gray given as another He-Ro³ in the line.
    (Why not more He-Ro's and She-Ra's too? )

to 3.) Yes Kay-La is the Daughter of Malcom Fisto
    She is a very cool Charackter.
    I like the idea that Kay-La see in Teela an aunt and not the cousin they are.

to 4.)
    this is one of my loved Parts on SoH:
    Man-E-Faces is a shapeshifter.

The armor who holds Man-E-Faces trapped, is now gone!
    This armor bind him on a Robot, a Monster and (in german Stories) on a spirit / Ghost.

Again free from the armour he can use his shape shifting abilities.
    He Wear a Wath and some thing on his chest maybe is become now one with the Ghost, Monster and Robot.

In the vintage MOTU Cartoon is to see he is a shapeshifter when he transform his Head in to Orko and other.

this is a cool Evolution of this chrackter.

to 05)
    yes, maybe.
    I is see him as a Beastmen what you guys think ?

to 07)
    I hate the new Look of Mer-man, Beast-man and Trap-Jaw is really not need! Same the Loog of Evil-Lyn is not need but is a cool base for her daughter with Skeletor!

to 08)
    Odar is the son of Stinkor
    More interesting is Who is the Mother ;D
    It gives here on Board many cool female paintings for the Mother ;D but who she become like him ?

9) Gung-Ho / Forklift and EVER-MEAN
    1st i think they are unneed, but now i have a cool Fan Fiction for them in my head a full cartoon Episode or Comic with both
    short: EVER-MEAN the Tribe of Evilseed and SAW-TOOTH attack the Royal Palace, Ever-Mean fill a big area with vines and attack He-Ro² with tendrils. Gung-Ho get new arms from the Man-At-Arms and beome Forklift he feels first unneed as warrior whe he can only move supplies, but he cam into this Battle and have to hel He-Ro² he lift up the tendrils of Ever-Mean and He-Ro came free to use his Power united they beat the Evil Ones.

10) TUNG LASHOR
    Look at the name! Tung is not Tongue ;D

Sure the Inspiration from Lou came from Tongue Lashor thats sure!
    But Tung is an Camelion with a tongue like Tongue Lashor.
    He have a cool abilitie to let him become one with the background an hide them self befor he attack hard!
    YOU MUST NOTE HIM BY NEW-EVIL-WARRIORS

11) Missile Toe look better with 1 Canon on back
    BUG-EYE a funny Chrackter with deadly Power.
    He can control insects, ok but Beast-Man controls beasts and Monsters, but insects are little beast ;D.
    (Look at the MYP 200X Cartoon! When He-Man become attacked by insects)
    But this will give a goog Story for a fight between Bug-Eye and Beast-Man and Bug-Eye win and get Beast-Man's controll of insects.

12) She-Bearcat
    Like Dares adoptiv animal mother, dare have a blue animal sister called too She-Bearcat
    This ist the She-Bearcat:

13)
    I like Ram-Man in a Stealth Armour like He-Man in 200X Toyline XD
    (Stealth Armor He-Man is the Shieldstrike He-Man repainted with black suit ! )
    But why he wears a Steal Armor ?

14) Air-Bag
    A Puch absorbing trampoline who can made strong wind.
    I see not much use for him, but he looks cool!

15)
    SLOB-BOAR is a Beastmen maybe a servant of Beast-Man

16)
    SAW-TOOTH
    The only new villain with no promotional image as far as I am aware. He is described as having a mouth full of sharp teeth serrated like a saw blade. Appaently he always eats, and will eat anything, including gems, gold and magic items
    He remembers me on Buzzsaw from SilverHawks:

Maybe we start a Fan Art Contest for his look.

Have some one an Idea?

I have made in the past a repaint of the new Evil Warriors:

The Best on SoH is not we have a New Hero or another cool Figures! NO!!!
    The Best on SoH is HE-MAN came back from NA & marry Teela!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ²He-Ro; November 1, 2012 at 10:20pm.
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro² - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

Heroic Warrior
    If the "Son of He-Man" gang has such "masterpieces" and bland designs as Spector and Laser-Lot, plus other atrocious ideas such as time agents, you can forget about my support...
    Last edited by Prahvus; November 2, 2012 at 03:21am.

Hard words! I know what you mean by spector and Sir Laserlot!
    (the last one i start to love him)
    but a sir Laserlot is better as Cy-Chop or the Mighty Spector

Can some one explain me what is so 'mighty' on Spector ?
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro² - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

Hopefully, we will see a figure or two from this era at TOY FAIR.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Hopefully, we will see a figure or two from this era at TOY FAIR.
    Thats what I am hoping for too.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I'll give a tentative "we'll see" about this.

Orko should have gone home and gotten married by now.

Man-E, for me, has always been a shapeshifter. I don't like the "Spector" look in this version, but I like that this series recognizes him as a shifter.

I have never liked the female designs for this series. They would be kibble for customs-- especially that hideous Evil-Lyn. I love how Lou speaks so wistfully of morality and then has poor Lyn dressed like that. Lyn, who rarely even displayed her hair, barely clothed in thong and two ribbons... no. Not unless they make all the other evil warriors poorly proportioned, dress them in ridiculously fetishy clothes too-- then have them constantly pose in suggestive and painful escher-like positions.

I thought King Adam was Miro when I first saw him, so that's who he'll be on my toyshelf. Adam doesn't become king in my headcanon anyway.

All that being said-- I think Airbag is adorable and he'd stay just as he is. He would easily have a place with the heroic warriors.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

What I am about to say is my opinion. It is not meant to offend anyone. It is simply my point of view.

Honestly, I have absolutely no desire AT ALL to see anything from this make it into MOTUC. I know others like it, and that's cool. But, to me, this isn't He-Man. This is a pitch for a cartoon series that never got made, and for good reason. It is terrible. I am actually very disappointed that they are even considering adding this in, since it was never core (cannon) material. It never went into production, it never had prototypes, it never got past the pitch stage. This is just glorified fan fiction. And the concept is a poor rehash of what we already have...

Dare = Prince Adam
    He-Ro = He-Man
    Kayla = Teela
    Craven = Cringer
    Battle Bird = Battle Cat
    Skeletor = Skeletor (not even a new main bad guy)

Rather then delve into something that never was, nor meant to be, why not actually explore more of Powers of Grayskull IF they feel the need to expand on the line. He-Ro, Eldor, Sharella, the Snake Men - develop their stories and add to their allies/enemies. This was originally part of the TRUE development of the line, back in the eighties. This is cannon. Or, make a new batch of villains; it's what they did back in the 80's. After Skeletor, there was Hordak and the Evil Horde. After the Horde, came the King Hssss and the Snake Men. So, who is the next bunch of bad guys? And who are the new heroes to help challenge them? This...THIS is what I would rather see, if they truly feel the line needs expanding. But really, does it?

At the moment, especially after acquiring Filmation rights and the dozens of characters available that have NEVER been made as toys before, isn't there enough material to "expand the brand"? I can think of at least 18-24 Filmation characters that would make great figures, and that would be 2 years of sub toys right there, stricly Filmation! Then you have mini-comic characters, like Lodar, Garn, Prince Dakon...200X characters, like Lord Dactys, Kulatak, Calix...vintage comic characters, like Crimson Fury, Shezar, Queen Zal and Bruar....and even Golden Book and LadyBird characters, like Goat Man and the Skelcons. All of which have vintage roots or part of the cannon.

So, to me, there is plenty of legitimate material to expand the brand in ways that have never been done before in any previous MOTU toy line, which I feel are much more deserving of seeing plastic than a failed cartoon pitch.

Heroic Warrior
    With King He-Man's Bio, how does this change the story of "Son of He-Man" story line?

"King He-Man - Heroic Ruler of Future Eternia

After his sister defeated Horde prime, the threat of Adam’s old enemy Skeletor once more called He-man to one final battle. In an epic duel on the Jaw Bridge of the great Temple of Power on Trolla, He-man at last defeated Skeletor in single combat. Recovering the Vortex Key, He-man could now return to his home world. There he found his queen mother keeping the throne and mourning the passing of King Randor. Taking his rightful place as his father’s heir, Adam became King He-man ruling over all Eternia with his wisdom and strength. He married Teela and together with their son Dare took over his father’s legacy as the new He-ro, defender of Eternia and the wielder of the Sword of Power."

With King Randor now dead He-Man took the crown much earlier than in the He-Ro bible and it says Dare is his and Teela (birth) son, not adoptive son. I would like to see Kay-La story change to where she is Clamp Champ's Daughter, that seem like it would work out well in the story

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    With King He-Man's Bio, how does this change the story of "Son of He-Man" story line?
    The He-Ro: Son of He-Man era has already been changed. The Sorceress, King Randor and Man-At-Arms are all still alive. In MOTUC, they are all dead before this era.

I don't think King He-Man's bio changes anything though, because Dare could STILL be the adopted son of Adam and Teela, with Adora and Sea Hawk being his birth parents. P.S. it was King ADAM in H:SoH, so I guess it changes that.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Machinitess View Post
    I love how Lou speaks so wistfully of morality and then has poor Lyn dressed like that. Lyn, who rarely even displayed her hair, barely clothed in thong and two ribbons... no. Not unless they make all the other evil warriors poorly proportioned, dress them in ridiculously fetishy clothes too-- then have them constantly pose in suggestive and painful escher-like positions.
    that's a real issue that bothers me. specially in comics were you have strong females contradicting what they stand for by being eye candy.

I was just thinking. Would Man-E-Faces be a time travel agent in SOH?
    Think about how he now looks & with his mimicking ability. Very useful talent to have when traveling to different times.
    Kinda like Quantum Leap, but he chooses who he will be at will.

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    I was bored so I made this....nice to see the specific HE-RO SON OF HE-MAN figures lined up together....we can pretend that this is what we'd have got in the early-mid ninties had the series gone ahead...

http://i.imgur.com/FBZfK.jpg

EDIT: Also something I just noticed....probably been pointed out before though ->

http://i.imgur.com/7jcm9.jpg

Lends a bit of weight to the "speculation" that preternia HE-RO is infact the future HE-RO simply lost in time somehow....at least that's still my theory...best send out the TIME AGENTS on a search party...

That is simply BRILLIANT!! thats the real reason He-ro has the power sword in pre-ternia, he travels back in time somehow, dies in the past and passes it onto King Grayskull, its like in the movie Terminator,...it all makes sense now.
    One with the Power

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Help save the Stargate series vist http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU

Heroic Warrior Wundar_Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post

I totally agree with this. It makes so much sense.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app