Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a review of Hurricane Hordak yet?

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Acceptable to who? I'd rather have the vac metal instead of a second Leech head. And we couldn't have had vac metal on the old armor.

so glad someone is on my side for once lol
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    um can we get back to just disagreeing on the figures and not our grammar

becouse me dun do tink tihs figur B gooder

BAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hordak

Armor

Hot

Dial

Bad

"Their" is not way I is gonna like on that LOL OMG

Thnx

Luv

Yr BFF

@bcrduke

(yes, that was my agreeing with all of you regarding how the internet is removing the art from language... assuming that's what you all meant )
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    BAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hordak

Armor

Hot

Dial

Bad

Thnx

Luv

Yr BFF

@bcrduke

(yes, that was my agreeing with all of you regarding how the internet is removing the art from language... assuming that's what you all meant )
    That's what we are coming to, Mr. Duke.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    Leech has a ton of new parts, its not like he didnt get a new head b/c hordak got new armor, leech got new chest, new loin cloth, new hands, new feet, new wrists, and shoulder armor, so think he got plenty of new tooling, also his head is very close to the 80s, if they did a 2nd head, it would most likely be closer to the 200X leech.

If you look at PD vid review of Leech you can see his head is very 80s figure head.
    I just used Leech as an example... (Mostly cause Stinkor and him were the poster boys for getting a second head...) Personally, I'm glad that we never got a Leech head with the Limitations of the 80s head... (useless Suction cup on his face cause the 80s figure had it... but some people like that stuff...)

Acceptable to who? I'd rather have the vac metal instead of a second Leech head. And we couldn't have had vac metal on the old armor.
    Acceptable to Mattel cause they seem to be bringing up "Not enough resources", "Tooling budget", "Logistics", etc. whenever they can...

I'd rather have an extra head on another figure, or an Evil Lyn that does not raid Teela's closet over a vac metal Hordak armor...

Vac Metal... not a fan of it... especially if there's a high risk of Hordak getting an Explosive Torso... due to the Sonic Welding
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Do people just not read my posts at all? LOL.

It can't be the original. Vac metal requires hard plastic. The original used plugs and holes which requires pliable plastic.It has a hook-tab closure on the back now like the vintage figures. So it had to be a new tool.
    My apologies, Wes!

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Vac Metal... not a fan of it... especially if there's a high risk of Hordak getting an Explosive Torso... due to the Sonic Welding
    I hope Jewelstar won't get jacked up like Green Goddess. While Toyguru has come out and said that Green Goddess was a mistake of the past, so was the shoulder committee that was appointed after Roboto's shoulders. That would be catastrophic.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I've already prepared myself to experience a vac-breaklized armor as soon as I try to take it off.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    BAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hordak

Armor

Hot

Dial

Bad

Thnx

Luv

Yr BFF

@bcrduke

You have such a way with words my friend

Gonna drop this pic here just to show how awful the MOTUC dial is...
    If it HAD been made like the Vintage figure, half of the dial complaints would not exist...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    With all the due respect to every point of view, I don't like the vac metal armour is just too shiny. I rather like he-ro matt effect gold.

Dial? Ok then why we don't have the clawful's claw operating lever? Being one of the few action feature existing in this line.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mamblo View Post
    With all the due respect to every point of view, I don't like the vac metal armour is just too shiny. I rather like he-ro matt effect gold.

Dial? Ok then why we don't have the clawful's claw operating lever? Being one of the few action feature existing in this line.....
    IMO...I like the dial because if the dial wasn't there...it would be just a blank "gold" back. What I don't like about the dial is how it goes against what the line was all about.

From the get-go, we weren't getting action features due to the sculpt. The sculpt comes first. There won't be levers, dials, etc. because they take away from the sculpt.

That being said, I don't mind them being added...if they enhance the sculpt or if they are re-imagined to pay homage to the feature but not actually be a feature. For instance...if, instead of them making it look like a dial...if they made them appear to be red "spikes" on his back. It would pay homage to the red dial...and have a "reason" to be there because it's part of his sculpt.

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    IMO...I like the dial because if the dial wasn't there...it would be just a blank "gold" back. What I don't like about the dial is how it goes against what the line was all about.

From the get-go, we weren't getting action features due to the sculpt. The sculpt comes first. There won't be levers, dials, etc. because they take away from the sculpt.

That being said, I don't mind them being added...if they enhance the sculpt or if they are re-imagined to pay homage to the feature but not actually be a feature. For instance...if, instead of them making it look like a dial...if they made them appear to be red "spikes" on his back. It would pay homage to the red dial...and have a "reason" to be there because it's part of his sculpt.
    I agree, I don't mind too if added but I found it just pointless, what I don't like as you said is that it's going against what the line is all about.

Does it means we will have another pointless dial even in THUNG LASH????

And for sure we are going to get with Thunder Punch he-man a fake rolls of caps..... I'm not against that but why we cannot have an alternate head for he-man instead?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Me am neutral to the maximum about Hurricane Hordak.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Hmmm... So no reviews yet, huh?
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Nope. I can't say I'm bothered by the dials. So many figures have them now it's almost become a bit of an Eternian design aesthetic. I think I'll have to incorporate one into my create a character contest entry.

Meh - I am ambivalent to the dial. Doesn't excite or annoy me. Personally I wish they would have used the SKU for something other than a variant figure but he still does look pretty darned good.

VAC metal is sweet. Hope we see more of that in future.

THIS is why I HATE HH's Dial... With Optikk it worked, cause of the Cybernetic components on his back...
    With Sy-Klone... ehh that's kinda pushing it, but it barely works.
    With HH, there is NOTHING on his back that helps disguise the dial as something else...
    My thoughts exactly. It's fine on Optikk since it blends in, but on HH is sticks out like a sore thumb and takes away from the overall aesthetics of the figure. One of the reasons I hate action features is because they take away from the sculpts, this adds the ugly dial without adding a feature, it's the worst of both worlds.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...m/dialgate.jpg
    Gonna drop this pic here just to show how awful the MOTUC dial is...
    If it HAD been made like the Vintage figure, half of the dial complaints would not exist...
    It probably sticks our more on the classics because it makes it easier to paint?
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Heroic Warrior
    I think this conversation would be better off in some sort of Hurricane Hordak thread. Those of us who just want an update to the review situation have to wade through pages of people debating about the sculpt.
    "Mind bottling, isn't it?"
    -Chazz Michael Michaels

http://www.patrickgarone.com

http://www.twitter.com/patrickgarone

Join the Facebook Group for my book, City of the Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoMan View Post
    I think this conversation would be better off in some sort of Hurricane Hordak thread. Those of us who just want an update to the review situation have to wade through pages of people debating about the sculpt.
    This thread IS the review
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Think of it as a review from a far

*Sigh*

Do I really have to say this again?

Calling people "complainers," accusing other posters of "whining," or anything of the sort is not permitted on these boards. Everyone has the right to their opinion, and the right to voice displeasure on these boards. As long as it isn't rude or disruptive, people are encouraged to post their opinions here. That's what makes for good discussion.

If you don't like to discuss the negative points of a figure, we ask that you move along. It achieves nothing to dismiss another's opinion as "whining."

We want everyone to feel comfortable coming to the boards to express their love for MOTU, and give constructive criticism on what they feel may have missed the mark. Having a select few of you call people "complainers" for doing so will force people to refrain from posting, and that's certainly not what we want.

Bottom line is this...STOP!

Once again, I've deleted posts. The next stop is account suspensions and/or banning.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

So nothing yet?

Ship out your review figures Mattel! This is the deciding factor between one or two for me.

I love how Pixel Dan likes the vac metal!
    A new Motu line, again at last!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan81 View Post
    I love how Pixel Dan likes the vac metal!
    I like shiny things.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Indeed -- but do you review shiny things?
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.