Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Is there a review of Hurricane Hordak yet?

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Do you think his armor will come off!? I'm hoping to switch the two Armors so HH has the original's armor. I'm wondering if that ____ dial will mess it up.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    Do you think his armor will come off!? I'm hoping to switch the two Armors so HH has the original's armor. I'm wondering if that ____ dial will mess it up.
    Why would the dial mess that up? The dial is not on the figure, it's on the armor.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

The armor has plastic tabs on the side. No reason to think it won't come off.

Since vac-metal requires hard plastic, I look forward to the Classicized vintage-accurate homage of easily-broken-armor-tab Super Action Feature.

Jokey pessimism aside, I'm thrilled with the vac-metal and I won't be removing the armor anyway. Hopefully it's sturdy for those hoping to do some armor switcheroos with regular Hordak.

Heroic Warrior
    SO... We're September 9th. Less than a week before sale date, and STILL no Hurricane Hordak preview ? That's not a good omen at all.

I wonder what kind of flaw or defect we'll get, this time...

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    Might this delays be somehow related to the vac armor?

Not worried. There's no clandestine plan at work here. Things are just delayed. It's happened before and I'm sure it won't be the last. The sky isn't falling.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

The reviewers are finding that if you mess with his dial, the vac metal falls to bits.

Prediction: the vac will crack on many a Hordak.....
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I just spoke with Scott:

"I've been in vacation the last two weeks. That is as simple as an answer. When I am not in the office there really isn't anyone else reading forums or sending out samples! :-)"

So no, the sky is not falling.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I just spoke with Scott:

"I've been in vacation the last two weeks. That is as simple as an answer. When I am not in the office there really isn't anyone else reading forums or sending out samples! :-)"

HOW DARE HE TAKE OFF TIME!! Glad to hear there is no real delay, I am so looking forward to HH.

Thanks for the heads up PD

Heroic Warrior
    OK. Thank you Pixel Dan !

So this means that if Pixel Dan didn't get Hurricane Hordak yet, he probably won't be able to make a preview before HH's sale day !

Like I said, I wonder how HH will turn out... If there are bad surprises, we'll know where this comes from : no one taking care of MOTUC and sending a sample to Dan while Toyguru was on vacation.

There are still 6 days to go before September sale day. If Dan receives his sample in time, we MIGHT still see his review before sale day. But I'm not holding my breath...

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    OK. Thank you Pixel Dan !

So this means that if Pixel Dan didn't get Hurricane Hordak yet, he probably won't be able to make a preview before HH's sale day !

Like I said, I wonder how HH will turn out... If there are bad surprises, we'll know where this comes from : no one taking care of MOTUC and sending a sample to Dan while Toyguru was on vacation.

There are still 6 days to go before September sale day. If Dan receives his sample in time, we MIGHT still see his review before sale day. But I'm not holding my breath...
    Scott won't be back in the office until Monday (12th), so if he is able to send samples out that day I most likely still won't get it at my house until the 14th or 15th.

I'll do my very best to get a video online as quick as possible, but yeah it's going to be close this time. Regardless, I'll still have a video up.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    Good ! Thank you, Pixel Dan !

Still, I'm worried about Hurricane Hordak's potential issues. He's the first one with vac-metal armor and - what a, "unfortunate coincidence" - you won't get to review him before sales day...

Oh, well. Que sera, sera. But is he comes wrong in any way, I might systematically have to pass on figures that are not previewed before sales day.

Good ! Thank you, Pixel Dan !

Still, I'm worried about Hurricane Hordak's potential issues. He's the first one with vac-metal armor and - what a, "unfortunate coincidence" - you won't get to review him before sales day...

Oh, well. Que sera, sera. But is he comes wrong in any way, I might systematically pass on figures that are not previewed before sales day.

Ok do you really think the didnt send out samples b/c the vac metal is messed up? Most of their sales come from the subs, so they are going to get their money one way or another.

TG went on vacation and didnt have a chance to get the HH samples out. Simple as that. Nothing shady, no one is trying to hide anything from you.

Heroic Warrior
    All I'm saying is this : it's a strange and very unfortunate "coincidence" that this happens with a figure that will have a new feature (vac metal armor).

We know there are many QC issues with this line, and quite a lot of 2011 figs had their share of flaw(s)... I hope it won't be the case with HH, but if it ever had to be, then I'll know how to act from now on.

P.S. : I would expect a SERIOUS company that CARES for its products and customers to plan things ahead of time, and to have someone to take care of things while the brand manager is away on vacation. Sending a sample is not a herculean effort now, is it ?
    Last edited by Prahvus; September 9, 2011 at 01:06pm.

Prahvus, the reality is that Mattel has bigger concerns than sending out a few samples to fan websites on time. They are much more concerned with keeping up with the production schedule, working with the Four Horsemen on new sculpts, planning the remaining figures for 2012, and preparing for Power-Con I'm sure. And with the main man (Scott) out for 2 weeks I'm sure this was one of the last things he would have delegated and prioritized for the rest of his team while he was gone. There is no need to be concerned or read anything else into this.

Yeah; advertising and fan relations are such silly things to bother with. I can see how they'd be easy to overlook.

Quote Originally Posted by Heli88 View Post
    Yeah; advertising and fan relations are such silly things to bother with. I can see how they'd be easy to overlook.
    We get a ton of fan relations, which TG does most of the time on his own time. I dont see Hasbro sending out samples of every single thing they do for review. MOTUC again gets most of its sells and money from the sub orders, which are already sold.

All Mattel really has to do is post the pics on their website and call it a day.

I swear to god, the sense of entitlement from MOTUC fans gets on my nerves.
    Last edited by fireball13z; September 9, 2011 at 01:44pm.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I just spoke with Scott:

And yet Leech - on-sale the same day - samples made it out in plenty of time :hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    We get a ton of fan relations, which TG does most of the time on his own time. I dont see Hasbro sending out samples of every single thing they do for review. MOTUC again gets most of its sells and money from the sub orders, which are already sold.

All Mattel really has to do is post the pics on their website and call it a day.

I swear to god, the since of entitlement from MOTUC fans gets on my nerves.
    I'm glad someone said it. I'm pretty new to this and I just love these figures. The market for these things is actually a pretty small, but vocal group...the guys that put the work into these things must get frustrated at times with the amount of criticism they receive. I can't think of another toy line where the people that buy the figures have such a big influence on the production.

All I'm saying is this : it's a strange and very unfortunate "coincidence" that this happens with a figure that will have a new feature (vac metal armor).

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    I swear to god, the since of entitlement from MOTUC fans gets on my nerves.
    No kidding! This is a small collector line that is sold on a single website. I don't see why fans think this line deserves the royal treatment when at the end of the day it isn't Mattel's biggest priority. There is always someone there to criticize them for everything they do, or in this case don't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    And yet Leech - on-sale the same day - samples made it out in plenty of time :hmmm:
    Don't you think it's possible that Leech and Hurricane Hordak were produced at the same factory but not simultaneously? Perhaps HH wasn't produced until right after Leech and they were shipped from China a couple days apart. Or maybe one container got held up in customs and the other didn't. There are plenty of reasons why they may not have arrived at Mattel's warehouse at the exact same time.
    Last edited by Zodach; September 9, 2011 at 01:49pm.

Please, let's not go down the road of arguing about who is paranoid and who is overly trusting.
    There are plenty of reasons for concern and plenty of valid explanations for the delay.

Let's just keep the discussion civil and not paint each other with such broad brushes.

Thanks!
    Bill :: guitargod694

That was too funny.

Very funny!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela