Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Official Colossor in MOTUC thread

The Official Colossor in MOTUC thread

I'm surprised this guy doesn't have his own thread yet. This massive Filmation giant had a huge impact on me as a kid, and I never forgot about him, even during the dark days of the 1990's. Obviously he couldn't be made to scale (he'd practically have to be full human size!), but he would definitely need to be significantly bigger than Tytus. I think we might need a new "super beast/oversize" slot for MOTUC, especially if we get Filmation rights. I'm thinking about 20 inches in height. Just off the top of my head, it could be used for Granamyr, Colossor, Procrustus, Gorgone...
    Last edited by Durendal; June 23, 2011 at 01:07am.

Picture? . . .

Oops, I just realized it's spelled Colossor, not Kolossor...is there any way a mod could fix the title spelling? Thanks!!

Here he is, in all his giant glory...

Last edited by Durendal; June 23, 2011 at 12:56am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm not a Colossor fan at all, but if fans want him, they should get him. I don't think too highly of Colossor because for all of that build up as some extreme threat in his episode, he was destroyed with one punch.

Yep, one punch.

But it was a punch from He-Man...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

All filmation are great. This giant is not on my top #5 but I would be happy to get him

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    But it was a punch from He-Man...
    I know, but damn...

Doesn't really appeal to me. He's basically just a stone statue...

Quote Originally Posted by Rassilon View Post
    Doesn't really appeal to me. He's basically just a stone statue...
    I've never seen a stone statue that looks like that - he's totally badass!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I'm not a Colossor fan at all, but if fans want him, they should get him. I don't think too highly of Colossor because for all of that build up as some extreme threat in his episode, he was destroyed with one punch.

Yep, one punch.
    Delivered by the same guy who effortlessly pushed Eternia's moon out of orbit with his bare hands
    Last edited by Durendal; June 23, 2011 at 06:59pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    YES!!! I've been dreaming of a Colossor giant-sized figure in MOTUC...even when we were A LOT farther from Filmation rights than we are currently at. One of my favorite episodes...a CLASSIC episode!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    As long as he's to scale...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I
    Delivered by the same guy who effortlessly pushed Eternia's moon out of orbit with his bare hands
    From a Wind Raider...

Colossus and Procrustus are two giants I really really want to see get made!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Yep, one punch.
    I saw it as Filmation's limitations. A lot of fights were ended with one hit. It was really unfortunate, although mostly as a kid I was satisfied. Plus I thought that was a reference to the Greek myth of Talos with the weakness of the nail in his ankle (connected to the Colossus thanks to Ray Harryhausen's Jason and the Argonauts). That or Achilles.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    giant rock monster would be awesome, but not liking this character.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I would definitely buy Colossor! Granted, I'm pretty much completist with this line and have a sub, so in all honesty I would buy him no matter what, but he is a character that I would be very interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    giant rock monster would be awesome

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I definitely want Colossor--and we should get his giant chair too (it's one of my favorite Filmation backdrops)!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

How much things can change - when I started this thread, Filmation rights were still a pipe dream, but now a figure of Colossor is well within our grasp!

Well, after months of trying to find one specific character that I could champion for inclusion into MOTUC, I've decided it might as well be Colossor!!

For 30 years I've wanted this character in figure form. I've always been intrigued by this demonic looking, mysterious rock giant, right down to his Kirby-esque design. He's got so much potential since we know so little about him. I could totally picture him being a serious menace on Eternia during the Powers Of Grayskull era, before the Elders managed to "imprison" him before being re-animated millenia later by Skeletor's dark magic. Or perhaps he could be a transplanted villain from the home planet of the Rock Warriors. You could even have him go toe-to-toe with Procrustus! How unbelievably EPIC would that be??

Speaking of Procrustus, now that he's been released, he would make the perfect base for Colossor due to his rocky buck. The only new parts he'd really need would be a head, forearms (lacking gauntlets), and maybe feet. That's it! Probably the easiest and cheapest re-use of the giant buck possible. As for accessories, I don't think a giant rock monster really needs any weapons, but I'd like to see some unrelated Filmation artifacts and/or weapons included that regular figures could use.

Heroic Warrior
    I must say I really don't understand the folks who try to push the most obscure and, in my opinion, non-appealing characters (like Colossor). It was stated by Matty that VINTAGE FAN-DEMANDED CHARACTERS will be the priority for 2014 and 2015. Please learn to live with it !

I wouldn't mind seeing the real life being that the stone statue is based on...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

It would be cool if Matty could make something this big, however I can easily live without this character in plastic form.

Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    It would be cool if Matty could make something this big, however I can easily live without this character in plastic form.
    I'd be ok with him being the regular giant size. Obviously it would be impossible to make him to actual scale.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I must say I really don't understand the folks who try to push the most obscure and, in my opinion, non-appealing characters (like Prahvus).
    Fixed that for ya.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    It was stated by Matty that VINTAGE FAN-DEMANDED CHARACTERS will be the priority for 2014 and 2015. Please learn to live with it !
    Nope. Not going to give up until he's made.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Nope. Not going to give up until he's made.
    And that's totally cool. We're fans, of course we champion things we like to be in the line! Back in the 80s discovering new characters or new toys based on stuff in the cartoons was part of the experience. Of the remaining giants, Colossor is the most appealing IMO. I think we may not see more giants in this line but hope is good!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I would have loved to see this guy bigger that the regular sized giants.
    I have felt this guy is iconic. I remembered him well from the cartoons.
    imagine he-man battling this guy. whoa!
    I would buy him!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I would definitely buy Colossor! Granted, I'm pretty much completist with this line and have a sub, so in all honesty I would buy him no matter what, but he is a character that I would be very interested in.
    thats good lol. rock monster.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Snappy Threader
    Would be cool for display no doubt.