Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: Lord Masque's colors

  1. #1
    scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Skeletor's back
    Posts
    1,726

    Lord Masque's colors

    I'm so excited we're getting him!
    But I instantly noticed there was something off: the colors!
    The body of the prptotype seems to have the same color as his body. Also the mouth section is painted dark grey here.

    His mouth section should be red/ orange and his body actually has a much darker brownish tone.
    I made a mock-up of how he should be looking:


    I'm sure I'm not the only one here who is bothered by this.
    What do you guys think?
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,527
    I sent an email to Cornboy with these photos asking if theres time to correct Masques colores before he goes into production
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

  3. #3
    scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Skeletor's back
    Posts
    1,726
    That's great, thank you!
    I hope it will be fixed. The cartoon colors make him look much more interesting imo.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    That's great, thank you!
    I hope it will be fixed. The cartoon colors make him look much more interesting imo.
    I also posted it on ask matty for the new Matty team to see
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior Count Judas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Underworld, Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,461
    Great job on that color fix DB! Yes, Masque needs to have his more Filmation accurate color scheme and hopefully it's not too late to have that corrected. Thanks for sending this out to Mattel, mjw41!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!!

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    859
    I agree, his colours need to be adjusted. It would be such a waste to wait 30 years to finally get a figure of this guy and then they get his colours wrong! However OP, even your fixed colours aren't entirely accurate: his gloves, belt, and chest emblem should be grey, not blue.

    PLEASE MATTEL, GET THIS RIGHT!!!!

  7. #7
    Awesome Warrior Alexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The big 'ol mitten
    Posts
    6,609
    Interesting, and good point. I'd take 'em either way, but the pictures perfectly display your point. The figure they displayed was very much a prototype, so perhaps there is still time to change the colors.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

    Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lake of Gnarl
    Posts
    2,238
    Good catch. Personally I like the prototype's colors better, but probably the best choice is to keep to the Filmation colors
    By the ancients!!!


    Lich Leech feedback thread

  9. #9
    scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Skeletor's back
    Posts
    1,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I agree, his colours need to be adjusted. It would be such a waste to wait 30 years to finally get a figure of this guy and then they get his colours wrong! However OP, even your fixed colours aren't entirely accurate: his gloves, belt, and chest emblem should be grey, not blue.

    PLEASE MATTEL, GET THIS RIGHT!!!!
    I tweaked it a bit more
    I really hope they'll fix his colors. The prototype's look good also.
    But it wouldn't be Masque...

    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    2,730
    I like the "fixed" colors from the first post more. I like the more vibrant blue vs the duller one in the last post. I would be fine with any of the color arrangements used, however.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove

  11. #11
    Alcala Idolator Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,798
    I prefer the pale prototype colors, they make him look more evil.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

    http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

  12. #12
    Lord of the Patch baronterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    4,906
    at any rate, nice catch. I thought something was slightly off but I had no idea what.

    I could always fix the mouth colour myself, but the entire body, no I could not.

    I hope this does happen, but if not, I'll live.

  13. #13
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,066
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I like the "fixed" colors from the first post more. I like the more vibrant blue vs the duller one in the last post. I would be fine with any of the color arrangements used, however.
    Whether it was blue or gray often depended on your TV back in the day. I always thought He-Man's harness was a definite blue.

    I think something like paint scheme can still be changed at this point (recall the added black to the Faceless One). The red on the mouthpiece seems especially important, as it adds some contrast to the mask.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  14. #14
    Evil Warrior Invicta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    837
    I like the pale colour as it is. Blue is perhaps too blue, and having it more greyish would work.

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior S'laargorath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    The Fright Zone
    Posts
    245
    That's the first thing I noticed when I saw the prototype, but I thought I must just be imagining things. "Nah, they're Mattel after all. They know these characters inside & out. I must be wrong."

    How could they screw this up?
    My MOTU most wanted: Skelcons, Major Header, Satma, Great Black Wizard, Slime Pit Bone Warriors, Catra Cat Form, King Miro, Hunga the Harpy, Lady Slither, Mask of Power Demons, Red Knight, Beast Lord, Illumina, Lady Valtira, armored Crita, Old Man Marzo 200X, Teela 200X, Skeletor52, Teela52, Hans Hammer Holder, Robowoman, Bubblor, Movie Troopers, Movie Beastman, Captain Miro, Goddess52, Red Beast

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,347
    I can never tell what's the paint and what's just the lighting, but I do like the proposed colors better. Masque's mask is supposed to have red in it. I wish also the smaller horns looked bigger/sharper, but the pictures again do not seem reliable.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

  17. #17
    Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Shokoti's House Of Darkness
    Posts
    455
    Masque is without a doubt my #1 most wanted figure, but honestly I would be over the moon with either colour choice shown above. If I had to pick, of course I'd want the adjusted version with the red deco on the mask.
    Bring me: Lord Masque / Saurod / Dragstor
    Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    900
    Get it right Mattel. I'm stunned to this day Mattel lets these thing get passed them. It better be accurate otherwise I'll pass
    ______________________
    I'm wanting to buy or trade for a set of the Wonder Twins figures *with* a Gleek that have nice solid clean paint applications. If you have a set and are interested private message me.

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior wundarwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eaton OH
    Posts
    1,794
    This thread is hilarious to me for multiple reasons.

    1. He is a prototype. There will be changes.
    2. The fact people are complaining makes me laugh because it's not enough to get the character, he needs to fit certain tastes.
    3. This fan base has gotten so picky in how things are it has to be irritating to Mattel and the 4H. Can you imagine sculpting and working your tail off to be told this detail is wrong fix it or i will be mad? It is like they are answering to so many people with multiple opinions of what is right. I feel bad for the Horsemen honestly. Yes, i saw in the panel where the talked about fixing something based on a comment on a board. Being so critical is not reasonable to me.
    4. The entitlement here is astounding. We DON'T deserve any toys, we are actually lucky to get them.
    5. Finally, shouldn't Mattel and The 4H be allowed some creative liberties with THEIR line? If they want him to be pale they have that right.

    This is just my opinion but seeing these threads demanding change the DAY the figure is shown is really amazing to me. It shows a lot about the MOTU fans.
    Last edited by wundarwarrior; July 14, 2015 at 09:01pm.

  20. #20
    Evil Master of Laceration mikescab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Hell Paso, TX
    Posts
    479
    Yeah I also caught that last week. I much prefer the cartoon color scheme. But alas, tis only a prototype, so we will see. I'll be happy with either or.
    Mike Scabs

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    This thread is hilarious to me for multiple reasons.

    1. He is a prototype. There will be changes.
    2. The fact people are complaining makes me laugh because it's not enough to get the character, he needs to fit certain tastes.
    3. This fan base has gotten so picky in how things are it has to be irritating to Mattel and the 4H. Can you imagine sculpting and working your tail off to be told this detail is wrong fix it or i will be mad? It is like they are answering to so many people with multiple opinions of what is right. I feel bad for the Horsemen honestly. Yes, i saw in the panel where the talked about fixing something based on a comment on a board. Being so critical is not reasonable to me.
    4. The entitlement here is astounding. We DON'T deserve any toys, we are actually lucky to get them.
    5. Finally, shouldn't Mattel and The 4H be allowed some creative liberties with THEIR line? If they want him to be pale they have that right.

    This is just my opinion but seeing these threads demanding change the DAY the figure is shown is really amazing to me. It shows a lot about the MOTU fans.
    Frankly it isn't being entitled to expect that Mattel and 4H to produce action figures that are accurate both in sculpt and deco to the source material. In this case filmation if the 4H want to stretch their abilities they shouldn't be working on a toy line that has source material. They should keep to their own creations where they can tinker and go wild but when they are working on a line with clearly established designs they have an obligation to remain slavishly faithful to those pre existing parameters. You want to go do your own creative thing go start your own toy line or when given an opportunity to create a motu character from whole cloth then by all means but This isn't their toy line. They are hired by Mattel to sculpt an established character and look
    Last edited by degra; July 14, 2015 at 09:14pm.
    ______________________
    I'm wanting to buy or trade for a set of the Wonder Twins figures *with* a Gleek that have nice solid clean paint applications. If you have a set and are interested private message me.

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior Uncle Jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    607
    The base body color should definitely be tweaked darker, if not too late.
    TOP WANTS:

    SONGSTER, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, HAWKE, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, KARG

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior wundarwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eaton OH
    Posts
    1,794
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Frankly it isn't being entitled to expect that Mattel and 4H to produce action figures that are accurate both in sculpt and deco to the source material. In this case filmation if the 4H want to stretch their abilities they shouldn't be working on a toy line that has source material. They should keep to their own creations where they can tinker and go wild but when they are working on a line with clearly established designs they have an obligation to remain slavishly faithful to those pre existing parameters. You want to go do your own creative thing go start your own toy line or when given an opportunity to create a motu character from whole cloth then by all means but This isn't their toy line. They are hired by Mattel to sculpt an established character and look
    Under that logic Masque should be in the new line not the Collector Choice series if he can't be altered. The 4H sculpted extra detail lines on his belt and chest harness which shouldn't be there if he is to be strictly Filmation. So are the extra details ok?

  24. #24
    scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Skeletor's back
    Posts
    1,726
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    This thread is hilarious to me for multiple reasons.

    1. He is a prototype. There will be changes.
    2. The fact people are complaining makes me laugh because it's not enough to get the character, he needs to fit certain tastes.
    3. This fan base has gotten so picky in how things are it has to be irritating to Mattel and the 4H. Can you imagine sculpting and working your tail off to be told this detail is wrong fix it or i will be mad? It is like they are answering to so many people with multiple opinions of what is right. I feel bad for the Horsemen honestly. Yes, i saw in the panel where the talked about fixing something based on a comment on a board. Being so critical is not reasonable to me.
    4. The entitlement here is astounding. We DON'T deserve any toys, we are actually lucky to get them.
    5. Finally, shouldn't Mattel and The 4H be allowed some creative liberties with THEIR line? If they want him to be pale they have that right.

    This is just my opinion but seeing these threads demanding change the DAY the figure is shown is really amazing to me. It shows a lot about the MOTU fans.
    First off: I am VERY happy we get him. I don't think I would have made this thread for any other reason...
    I certainly don't DEMAND them to change anything, but I sure hope that they may change the colors, as I'd like the character to look like the character he's supposed to be. This isn't about taste. It's about accuracy to the source material.

    Also we don't know for what reason the prototype has these colors. Creative liberty? Sure, but there could be other reasons...
    The 4HM made a small mistake once with Extendar's arms because they had a flawed sample (the arms were green). They wouldn't have noticed that that wasn't accurate, if not for the community.

    Now that was a minor detail. This here is a different level though. And since noone seemed to notice around here, I just wanted to make it known that the colors are that different from the source, that's all.
    Last edited by Dragonblaster; July 15, 2015 at 01:13am.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior AdultCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,950
    I really like what you did with the colors Dragonblaster!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •