Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terror Claws Skeletor needs fixed, please!

Terror Claws Skeletor needs fixed, please!

I'm very happy to be getting Terror Claws Skeletor, one of my favorite figures that I owned as a kid in the classics line! However, the one shown at Comiccon is NOT accurate to the vintage figure. There are two things wrong, that I hope can be fixed by October.

1. The new figure is shown with the Skeletor shorts, but it should have the STANDARD furry shorts with a belt painted red.

2. Terror Claws Skeletor should have the same lower legs and feet as Dragon Blaster Skeletor.

If those small changes can be made, then this figure WILL be accurate to the vintage one. I hope you're reading this Horsemen! Other than that, I'm happy with the figure. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the claws are compatible with the other Skeletor figures, so I can make a vintage mini comic version of this cool variant!
    EVIL ZOMBIE SERVING SKELETOR

I want the figure to be changed as well, I was surprised they got the details wrong. Terror Claws was my only Skeletor as a kid, so I was really looking forward to his release and they botched him.
    "Peanut nostrils, happy clams."
    -Michael J. Nelson

The figure is due in a few months they can't change it now...the waist is a tough fix...the boots are an easy fix...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

I can't believe that 8 years later people don't realize these are BASED on the original figures and u will never get a full on toy accurate update that is 100% faithful to the original. Every SDCC theres complaints and this has been something that has been prominently stated numerous times through the last 8 years of classics

The waist should not be a tough fix at all. They've been making the standard furry shorts and belt for 8 years now, there is no new tooling required. The shorts appear to be glued in place on top of the peg that connects the lower body to the torso. As I said before, easy fix.

I prefer the slatted loin cloth on him. I don't think it needs to be fixed.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Skeletor
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Short furrys like the vintage one...
    TOP 25 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -KARG -SCROLLOS -LANDSHARK -3 ETERNIAN TOWERS
    -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA -METEORBS -MONSTROID -BLASTERHAWK

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    The figure is due in a few months they can't change it now...the waist is a tough fix...the boots are an easy fix...
    Yeah…it's too close to a release for any changes at this point. While I can understand some being unhappy with the lack of faithfulness to the vintage figure…my biggest issue is the lack of a wash on the face. It's just bright yellow…at least that's the way it seems. Admittedly it could just be an overexposure issue in the images. We shall see.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Why is it too close to release to make these simple changes? They go on sale in October, they could have them ready by September, that gives them two months to make them. They've already got the molds needed for the change. Mold the parts, assemble them, paint them, and package them. Ready for shipment! If they are already packed and ready for shipment, then they probably would have shown a packaged sample at SDCC.

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    Im happy with the way they are
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

I personally prefer the tasseled loincloth as that is a unique feature to Skeletor. If you look at the vintage Dragon Blaster Skeleton he never came with the tasseled loincloth but looked far better with it than without it in my opinion. I say keep Terror Claw the way it is.

If theres one issue to notice it's that they haven't shown him with that cool blaster from the recent mini-comics.
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombarr View Post
    Why is it too close to release to make these simple changes? They go on sale in October, they could have them ready by September, that gives them two months to make them. They've already got the molds needed for the change. Mold the parts, assemble them, paint them, and package them. Ready for shipment! If they are already packed and ready for shipment, then they probably would have shown a packaged sample at SDCC.
    Because at this point the figures are probably either already made or are in the process of being produced. They had an issue in the past of not having figures produced ahead of time where the figure ended up slipping out into another month. They vowed to keep that from happening again and it hasn't.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

It takes time to produce toys. And even if it were something they could do in a month, the factory is likely contracted already to make other product, and is not available to just slap together more Terror Claw Skeletorss

The most time consuming part is R&D, and setting up the tooling so the machines can run the parts. It's highly likely that part is already done. The injection molding process doesn't take very long, especially when dealing with small parts such as action figures. The factory likely has multiple departments for different toy lines, with multiple production lines in each department. They may be able to produce a couple different characters at the same time. That's just an educated guess mind you. I'm guessing when they run different characters, the only thing that changes with the mold machine is the die used to mold the material, and the material would change as well for the different colors. The assembly process might be by hand, or by machine. I work in an auto factory so I'm familiar with mold machines. Providing the machines don't break down, they could crank out the individual parts pretty quick, then it's just up to assembly, then to paint and package.
    I'm hopeful that they aren't all finished yet and getting dusty in a warehouse somewhere, and that they'll run them soon so maybe they could still tweek them if they need to. If they are done now, then I'll need to find someone who can teach me how to take apart my Skeletor and put him back together again so I can have an accurate one for myself. I do plan on buying two, one to keep and one to open.
    Last edited by Zombarr; July 12, 2015 at 11:20pm.

Court Magician OptimusOfGrayskull's Avatar
    Scott could have fixed it....

Count me among the folks that likes it just the way it is.

dsc_0010.jpg

This great custom made by org member derWaffenmeister is the way I was hoping this figure would look like! This one really nails the look of the original!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombarr View Post
    dsc_0010.jpg

This great custom made by org member derWaffenmeister is the way I was hoping this figure would look like! This one really nails the look of the original!
    Fans usually nail things official releases mess up. The official release is still an awesome fig though.

I love his claws. I think the armour looks better than vintage. Didnt even notice though if since you mention it, yeah it probably should have been accurate.

If I ever really get bothered, boot & loin change is super easy. Probably wont bother, but I could.

I freaking had that toy but I cannot remember what is with the white skull piece. I thought he could wear that instead of one of the claws right? An extra weapon? No one seems to be talking about this, nor any pics of the back of him so we can see this piece.

I would have liked it too if he was more accurate. Especially since they are existing parts. Probably too late now
    Waffenmeisters custom looks great.

I Don't Care ! Cause That Bikini Armour & Claws Are Going To My (Keldor Body) Skeletor Anyway (Needless To Say That TRU Head Will Be Replaced With Filmation One In 2016) !!!
    Last edited by TUC138; September 29, 2015 at 03:35pm.
    Matty Has Been Matted For 2017 !

Now I Seriously Hope Super 7 Makes Me Feel I Am In Heaven !!

At the very least they could do something more interesting with his face paint. Make it vintage accurate or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    At the very least they could do something more interesting with his face paint. Make it vintage accurate or something.
    I think the claws look LESS intimidating than the vintage, His head has no detail, would have preferred the vintage loincloth (might as well go for accuracy) and while you were at it, I would have made HIS armor purple vac metal too (Like SDCC devastator) and of course had FF He-man vac-metaled. These 2 are my least favorite variants now. So blah as they are.

Although the biggest snafu to me was the Ratfink head on Dragonblaster -Skeletor instead of the vintage.

Dragon B skelly also got the wrong loincloth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    They did that with Battle Armor Skeletor and I remember people not being fans of the simple, flat look of the paint

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Dragon B skelly also got the wrong loincloth.
    Thats partially my fault
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...cloth-in-MOTUC
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

It's too late, the figure has already gone on to mass production. Ditto for Flying Fists He-Man.

I'd like the claws to be longer and thinner but otherwise I don't care what pants he wears.