Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: A better improved classics CLAWFUL

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Rebel customizer Hunter Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Florida Usa
    Posts
    772

    A better improved classics CLAWFUL

    Hello guys! The next character in the list is CLAWFUL! I received tons of requests about improving this figure, well with a bit of inspiration from the staction, I realized there was some room for improvement:

    -Bigger claw, so its really the warrior with the grip of evil! (it can still be articulated and removed)
    - More menacing face, Some people did not liked the face he came with (neither did I) so here he is with a different head!
    - Different feet, I do not like those 4 pointed feet at all, I think they are the most hideous things in action figure history (I know that is how they made them back then, but i'm still entitled to not like them) so, here he is with different ones
    -Battle damaged Shield with Clawful tribe emblem
    -longer loincloth piece
    -wrist guard
    -crab like back, that looks similar to the staction (it can still be removed)

    Plus many more improvements!

    It's on the bay now for those interested. Here is the video and some pics:










    Uploaded with ImageShack.us







    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

  2. #2
    The Man Called 'V' Shecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,080
    Excellent Job !

    I've seen your customs here, and although I hardly post in this forum, I just wanted to chime in nonetheless and express my amazement at your work!

    Regards,
    Victor P.

  3. #3
    Lord of the Patch baronterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    4,413
    I respect much of what you have done. But what I'm glad about seeing this custom is that they did not in any way make this. I...dont like it.

    Ok it's hideous. Not because your skills lack, you are a great figure customizer. Just...not Clawful.

    But then I and Mattel have been on the same page it seems, so...

    Anyway, I like your work, glad others appreciate this. Just felt like adding some opposite opinion so you can appreciate the positive reception of this all the more and it's not all just fanboys blowing smoke.

    Keep up the work, but make my Clawful Vintage.

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior Dark Sorceress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    apache junction az
    Posts
    2,848
    LOVE it man 100% better then what the 4H gave us

    the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

    For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior octavio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Posts
    719
    I like it, a huge improvement.... Never understood why the fourhorsemen made that cartoony face for this character, when the rest of the line has a diferent estetic.

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior Tyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,387


    man, NICE JOB. He looks remarkable.
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

    ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

  7. #7
    The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    4,621
    Nice job. Look like a new head!!!

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior H.A.L.9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fabtabulous Massland
    Posts
    1,131
    WOW man... 800% better that what was sold to us.... the old clawfull looked silly then and it looks silly now.... i would have completely preferred your custom.... hope the 4h take notes on what u have done!!!
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a darkside.

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior BadVermin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    935
    Excellent job, this is much closer to what I wanted from the 4HM. That horrible Muppet head doesn't fit in with the look the line had already established.

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior Mistico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Meridian, ID
    Posts
    861
    I love seeing your customs, but I'm going to have to agree with baronterror on this one. He looks great, but just not as Clawful. Yours kinda reminds me of a dinosaur instead of a crab-person. I actually like the one that the 4HM made more than this.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

    My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

  11. #11
    Court Magician KB.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    45
    Amazing work there mate. Love it!

  12. #12
    Rebel customizer Hunter Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Florida Usa
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Excellent Job !

    I've seen your customs here, and although I hardly post in this forum, I just wanted to chime in nonetheless and express my amazement at your work!

    Regards,
    Victor P.
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by octavio View Post
    I like it, a huge improvement.... Never understood why the fourhorsemen made that cartoony face for this character, when the rest of the line has a diferent estetic.
    The Horsemen re-designed the character and gave us the Staction. For classics they only follow Mattel's guide. I bet if they had the full creative liberty to design the figures, they would make them Amazing. They just follow orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I respect much of what you have done. But what I'm glad about seeing this custom is that they did not in any way make this. I...dont like it.

    Ok it's hideous. Not because your skills lack, you are a great figure customizer. Just...not Clawful.

    But then I and Mattel have been on the same page it seems, so...

    Anyway, I like your work, glad others appreciate this. Just felt like adding some opposite opinion so you can appreciate the positive reception of this all the more and it's not all just fanboys blowing smoke.

    Keep up the work, but make my Clawful Vintage.
    All opinions are appreciated my friend, I understand the point you make. He-man for me started with 200X, i never collected or saw the vintage line or cartoon as a kid, except for some loose episodes, and the secret of the sword. I saw the whole cartoon in 2008.
    I respect the origins of the line, but clawful for me is supposed to look menacing, and inspire fear (well, despite his voice lol!) and that concept gets lost in the classics figure. I guess that variety is what makes Motu rich and our love for it, whether vintage or 200X has moved this line forward for a long time, and hopefully will keep moving it further more. Thanks for the comment!

    Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    Excellent job, this is much closer to what I wanted from the 4HM. That horrible Muppet head doesn't fit in with the look the line had already established.
    lol! Muppet head! I bet my soul that they would have included an extra head for us 200X fans, but you know the rules now. The horsemen have a love for sculpting bad ass characters, (look at their Scarabus figures!) they just have to follow creative directions from Mattel, and they just want the classic looks on their classic figures....grrr

  13. #13
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Knight View Post
    I respect the origins of the line, but clawful for me is supposed to look menacing
    Mission accomplished! I grew up in the 80's but I don't look at Classics Clawful with Nostalgia goggles. The original version was a joke to me then and even more so now two decades later.

    Hideous is the original Groucho Marx Muppet head that was revisited with the Classics figure. Your customized Clawful is a work of art! Bravo!!!
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  14. #14
    Rebel customizer Hunter Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Florida Usa
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Mission accomplished! I grew up in the 80's but I don't look at Classics Clawful with Nostalgia goggles. The original version was a joke to me then and even more so now two decades later.

    Hideous is the original Groucho Marx Muppet head that was revisited with the Classics figure. Your customized Clawful is a work of art! Bravo!!!
    Groucho Marx!! LOL! that was epic. Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •