Thread: A better improved classics CLAWFUL

A better improved classics CLAWFUL

Hello guys! The next character in the list is CLAWFUL! I received tons of requests about improving this figure, well with a bit of inspiration from the staction, I realized there was some room for improvement:

-Bigger claw, so its really the warrior with the grip of evil! (it can still be articulated and removed)
    - More menacing face, Some people did not liked the face he came with (neither did I) so here he is with a different head!
    - Different feet, I do not like those 4 pointed feet at all, I think they are the most hideous things in action figure history (I know that is how they made them back then, but i'm still entitled to not like them) so, here he is with different ones
    -Battle damaged Shield with Clawful tribe emblem
    -longer loincloth piece
    -wrist guard
    -crab like back, that looks similar to the staction (it can still be removed)

Plus many more improvements!

It's on the bay now for those interested. Here is the video and some pics:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Excellent Job !

I've seen your customs here, and although I hardly post in this forum, I just wanted to chime in nonetheless and express my amazement at your work!

Regards,
    Victor P.

I like it, a huge improvement.... Never understood why the fourhorsemen made that cartoony face for this character, when the rest of the line has a diferent estetic.

man, NICE JOB. He looks remarkable.
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

I respect much of what you have done. But what I'm glad about seeing this custom is that they did not in any way make this. I...dont like it.

Ok it's hideous. Not because your skills lack, you are a great figure customizer. Just...not Clawful.

But then I and Mattel have been on the same page it seems, so...

Anyway, I like your work, glad others appreciate this. Just felt like adding some opposite opinion so you can appreciate the positive reception of this all the more and it's not all just fanboys blowing smoke.

Keep up the work, but make my Clawful Vintage.

LOVE it man 100% better then what the 4H gave us

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Nice job. Look like a new head!!!

WOW man... 800% better that what was sold to us.... the old clawfull looked silly then and it looks silly now.... i would have completely preferred your custom.... hope the 4h take notes on what u have done!!!
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Excellent job, this is much closer to what I wanted from the 4HM. That horrible Muppet head doesn't fit in with the look the line had already established.

I love seeing your customs, but I'm going to have to agree with baronterror on this one. He looks great, but just not as Clawful. Yours kinda reminds me of a dinosaur instead of a crab-person. I actually like the one that the 4HM made more than this.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

Amazing work there mate. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Excellent Job !

I've seen your customs here, and although I hardly post in this forum, I just wanted to chime in nonetheless and express my amazement at your work!

Regards,
    Victor P.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by octavio View Post
    I like it, a huge improvement.... Never understood why the fourhorsemen made that cartoony face for this character, when the rest of the line has a diferent estetic.
    The Horsemen re-designed the character and gave us the Staction. For classics they only follow Mattel's guide. I bet if they had the full creative liberty to design the figures, they would make them Amazing. They just follow orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I respect much of what you have done. But what I'm glad about seeing this custom is that they did not in any way make this. I...dont like it.

Ok it's hideous. Not because your skills lack, you are a great figure customizer. Just...not Clawful.

But then I and Mattel have been on the same page it seems, so...

Anyway, I like your work, glad others appreciate this. Just felt like adding some opposite opinion so you can appreciate the positive reception of this all the more and it's not all just fanboys blowing smoke.

Keep up the work, but make my Clawful Vintage.
    All opinions are appreciated my friend, I understand the point you make. He-man for me started with 200X, i never collected or saw the vintage line or cartoon as a kid, except for some loose episodes, and the secret of the sword. I saw the whole cartoon in 2008.
    I respect the origins of the line, but clawful for me is supposed to look menacing, and inspire fear (well, despite his voice lol!) and that concept gets lost in the classics figure. I guess that variety is what makes Motu rich and our love for it, whether vintage or 200X has moved this line forward for a long time, and hopefully will keep moving it further more. Thanks for the comment!

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    Excellent job, this is much closer to what I wanted from the 4HM. That horrible Muppet head doesn't fit in with the look the line had already established.
    lol! Muppet head! I bet my soul that they would have included an extra head for us 200X fans, but you know the rules now. The horsemen have a love for sculpting bad ass characters, (look at their Scarabus figures!) they just have to follow creative directions from Mattel, and they just want the classic looks on their classic figures....grrr

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Knight View Post
    I respect the origins of the line, but clawful for me is supposed to look menacing
    Mission accomplished! I grew up in the 80's but I don't look at Classics Clawful with Nostalgia goggles. The original version was a joke to me then and even more so now two decades later.

Hideous is the original Groucho Marx Muppet head that was revisited with the Classics figure. Your customized Clawful is a work of art! Bravo!!!
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Mission accomplished! I grew up in the 80's but I don't look at Classics Clawful with Nostalgia goggles. The original version was a joke to me then and even more so now two decades later.

Hideous is the original Groucho Marx Muppet head that was revisited with the Classics figure. Your customized Clawful is a work of art! Bravo!!!
    Groucho Marx!! LOL! that was epic. Thanks!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i tried making a 200x styled shell back & loin cloth.
    but it didnt work out how i planed.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    i tried making a 200x styled shell back & loin cloth.
    but it didnt work out how i planed.
    On this one I sculpted the new shell on top of the existing one, that way the functionality was not affected. The Loincloth is a flexible cast made out of quikplastic apoxie from the staction.

Heroic Warrior
    is that a sculpted head or one from a Classic Star Trek Gorn figure?
    Last edited by keller; November 5, 2011 at 10:52pm. Reason: gorn

Love it man! Great stuff! I'd kill to have one similar to this one!
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Quote Originally Posted by keller View Post
    is that a sculpted head or one from a Classic Star Trek Gorn figure?
    Nope, a cast from the staction. It was then repainted to match the motuc figure

Brilliant!

I thought if funny someone said yours doesnt look crab like. And the old one does? lol What kinda weird muppet crabs is this guy seeing? :hmlol

But seriously though... great job. I agree... with you that the 200X one is way more menacing. That's a concept that is 100% lost on the Classic head.

Great job!

Keep up the mean work dude!
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    Brilliant!

I thought if funny someone said yours doesnt look crab like. And the old one does? lol What kinda weird muppet crabs is this guy seeing? :hmlol

But seriously though... great job. I agree... with you that the 200X one is way more menacing. That's a concept that is 100% lost on the Classic head.

Great job!

Keep up the mean work dude!
    Thanks General!

Thats the way he should have been made.
    What was will be again.........

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=217193

If you like that see my posts regarding a updated head from TIN