Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think the sell out time will be for Sky High and the Jet Sled?

What do you think the sell out time will be for Sky High and the Jet Sled?

Give your best guess!
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

I'm going to (randomly) guess it'll last through EA and for a couple of hours into Day Of sales.

(I'll be grabbing mine tomorrow...might snatch an extra figure or something to offset shipping loosidedness.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    One dollar.

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    The 9th of Never. Just kidding, I don't think Sky High will be that detrimental.

I'm gonna say he'll sell out next Tuesday September 17th at 11:55PM.

I think it will not be a fast sell out, I think it will last a few days.... I mean yeah the Sled is wanted, but Sky High appeals to a smaller base, plus the price....so I don't know Wind Raider lasted over a year at $45 - $50....

Sky High being a figure should help...
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm going to go with Mad Matty March Madness sale day.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't see any reason for a fast sell out. All the last sales where up for hours before anything selling out.

I would like it to be sold out by Friday afternoon but I will guess Tuesday as well. How awesome would it be for it to sell out before Power-con was over and then Scott would have to think about a Battle-Ram pre-order.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Im hoping not until the 28th because I get paid again on the 25th

Hopefully not for a long time. I can't afford him right now with Power-Con this weekend!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Inventory of Day of sales has been good this year...no really ridiculous sell-outs...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Slow sellout, followed by ToyGuru again saying that vehicles are a tough sell, followed by much whining and gnashing of teeth on the forums for the back of the battle Ram.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    I'm hoping Tues or Wed of next week...
    Sorry I can't afford him until Monday. So Hopefully he/they won't sell out during EA.
    (Sorry me am broke)
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

I'm gonna wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday to hopefully pick this up at a better price. If not, then I'll survive without this in my collection.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    They will have these in stock until 2015

I give it between a week to a month to sell out. People might buy two of these but most will buy one because of sky High. So this will be a slow seller like the windraider only because people don't want to be stuck with a buch of the same figure, not to mention the $50.00 price tag.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

This won't sell out.

Court Magician
    For everyone who is waiting on a paycheck after the 16th (like myself) to afford this, I hope it lasts until we all can grab one.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    They will have these in stock until 2015
    Sadly, this is probably the most accurate prediction. This item has already been set up for utter failure by a combination of a perplexingly incongruent pairing of a highly-requested army-builder vehicle with an obscure, sales-deterrent non-army builder figure, and the poorest choice of timing possible right on the eve of the most crammed and expensive MotUC months ever (with five figures coming in October+November including highly anticipated Mantenna, plus a Weapons Pack that includes another figure, plus the most-demanded army-builder pack ever that many fans want to buy boatloads of, plus the $250+ Castle Grayskull, plus the expensive Christmas season afterwards), and to crown it all, a price point that is just above the maximum that many people were willing to pay (especially when combined with outrageous shipping charges). Mattel couldn't possibly have set up a worse scenario for the sales of this set. It almost seems on purpose to guarantee an epic sales failure that will put a definitive end to MotUC vehicles.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

We'll see these at big lots for $10 in a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Sadly, this is probably the most accurate prediction. This item has already been set up for utter failure by a combination of a perplexingly incongruent pairing of a highly-requested army-builder vehicle with an obscure, sales-deterrent non-army builder figure, and the poorest choice of timing possible right on the eve of the most crammed and expensive MotUC months ever (with five figures coming in October+November including highly anticipated Mantenna, plus a Weapons Pack that includes another figure, plus the most-demanded army-builder pack ever that many fans want to buy boatloads of, plus the $250+ Castle Grayskull, plus the expensive Christmas season afterwards), and to crown it all, a price point that is just above the maximum that many people were willing to pay (especially when combined with outrageous shipping charges). Mattel couldn't possibly have set up a worse scenario for the sales of this set. It almost seems on purpose to guarantee an epic sales failure that will put a definitive end to MotUC vehicles.
    The cost with the unwanted figure pack in really has me only buying one in EA and maybe one after Power-con. I'd have been glad to get three for $25-30 each sans figure.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    He will not sell out. Matty will have it up for a week or so and pull it. I'm sure they made more units hoping it would be an army builder but after you buy one any more and your stuck with a bunch of Sky High. So it comes down to paying fifty bucks for a half a vehicle. IT WILL NOT SELL OUT!
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

Yeah, I'm afraid it'll be a failure given the timing, the decision to two-pack it and the price point. I would have been one to buy 3 or more if it was, say, a $30 sled by itself. Bumping it $20 basically means I'm paying more for 2 as it stands compared to 3 if they just made it a single pack vehicle. Sure, it's a fun way to get Sky High out there, but also a detriment to the sled being army built.

So just 1 for me. And I'm torn because as much as I want it to do well, I'll be eagerly checking out Cyber Monday to hopefully grab one or two more if they drop the price.

Heroic Warrior
    It will last. The price plus the obscure figure will not appeal to a lot of people with an expensive October and Castle Grayskull coming next.

I planned on buying 2-3 before the reveal with Sky High and now that the rear part of the Battle Ram may never show up, it doesn't motivate me to spend much $$$ on this item.
    Last edited by Berserker79; September 12, 2013 at 07:46am.

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I think it will last several days.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.