Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Filmation He-Man & the MOTU 2017 fan poll FINAL ROUND results!

Filmation He-Man & the MOTU 2017 fan poll FINAL ROUND results!

Here's how things stacked up in the final ranking poll, in which 1038 fans voted:

1. Hordak
    2. Mer-Man
    3. Sorceress
    4. Teela
    5. Hawke
    6. Tri-Klops
    7. Granita
    8. Dylamug
    9. Man-At-Arms
    10. Tung Lashor
    11. Dragoon
    12. Hunga
    13. Prince Adam
    14. Leech
    15. Cringer
    16. Horde Trooper
    17. Mantenna
    18. Dree-Elle
    19. She-Ra
    20. Whiplash
    21. Grizzlor
    22. Rattlor
    23. General Tataran
    24. Twiggets (Sprag, Sprocker, Spritina)

And the Collector's Choice poll is coming any day now! And that's going to be a CRAZY one as we only have a couple weeks to collect fan data. So get ready!!!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Yes!! #5!!!!!!!!!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Sad to see Leech and Grizzlor so low.

I don't really understand why Tri-Klops is so popular, he's not that much different to me.
    And do people really want a 4th Man-at-Arms?

Edit: Damn I didn't even notice the Twiggets at the very bottom, noooooo!
    I'm usually pleased with the results of these polls as the general consensus usually fits with my wants but this is mega disappointing.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Totally Dyslexic
    Interesting line up.

And i´m surprised that so many original characters like Hawke, Dylamug or Granita are at the Top 10 but it shows those characters are wanted and i hope for a Sorceress 2.0 figure with no drums and finally coming with a winged cape which it is in the FILMATION cartoon and no actual stiff wings which we got with the vintage figure and the MOTUC versions.

I had hoped for Grizzlor and Leech being higher but I´m seriously happy that the Twiggets are at the very bottom
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I'm happy to see Hawke in the #5 spot but I have to admit I want her more in the Collector's Choice line based on the Filmation design. The "Filmation" line should be made of characters that have already had a figure in MOTUC and not new unique characters like Hawke, Granita, and Hunga.

The 2017 "Filmation" line needs to complete the core MOTU characters.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, we want Man-At-Arms Filmation!

I WANT FILMATION RAM MAN!!!

I thought Whip and Grizz would be highter too. I also thought Tung Lashor would make top 7.

So, are they just going to take the top 7 from this list for the 2017 Sub?
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdude

So happy to see Mer-Man as #2!!!
    I've been wanting a Mer-Man that looked like the cartoon since the 80s!

Court Magician
    This just in: We already have Filmation Hordak. Doesn't matter if you like it or not, it was made already. Waste of money. I have nearly zero interest on Filmation versions of figures we already have.

Poor Twiggets. I kind of like those guys.

Edit: Scratch that, I don't care about Twiggets. I was thinking about the Widgets!

Last edited by Lich Leech; September 18, 2015 at 04:25pm.

I'm not stirring the pot here but I don't see how the information from this poll can be helpful. It was obvious throughout the poll that people were either confused or specifically voting to offset what they believed others were going to vote for. One group of people were clearly voting to get new figures made regardless of which subscription it was in (e.g. Hawke, Dylamug, Hunga, Dragoon, etc...) while others were concerned that those figures wouldn't make it into the new "classics"(Collector's Choice) line and specifically voted them down because they want them to (understandably) match the figures we currently have in our collections if they are produced.

I'm not saying one way is right or wrong but simply that the results don't produce information that truly represents the point of the poll. I know that no method is going to produce the perfect result but I do believe that had we done the Collector's Choice poll first, we probably would have seen a better depiction of what is truly desired by the fan base.

I hope that Matty doesn't blindly look at these rankings without understanding why they are the way the are.

That said, I have no interest in another Mer-Man, Man-At-Arms, Sorceress, Teela (especially after seeing the one coming with PD), She-Ra or Hordak (although I would like a Filmation head and bone cowl). That's roughly $240. I would rather spend on characters I don't already have multiples of.

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    So, are they just going to take the top 7 from this list for the 2017 Sub?
    This is just fan feedback for Mattel to consider. It's not the 2017 lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factorz View Post
    I hope that Matty doesn't blindly look at these rankings without understanding why they are the way the are.
    Yes, they understand the nature of the poll and how the other characters factored in. As stated in the polls, the purpose of this line is to re-introduce core characters in the Filmation style.

I'm not stirring the pot here but I don't see how the information from this poll can be helpful. It was obvious throughout the poll that people were either confused or specifically voting to offset what they believed others were going to vote for. One group of people were clearly voting to get new figures made regardless of which subscription it was in (e.g. Hawke, Dylamug, Hunga, Dragoon, etc...) while others were concerned that those figures wouldn't make it into the new "classics"(Collector's Choice) line and specifically voted them down because they want them to (understandably) match the figures we currently have in our collections if they are produced.

I'm not saying one way is right or wrong but simply that the results don't produce information that truly represents the point of the poll. I know that no method is going to produce the perfect result but I do believe that had we done the Collector's Choice poll first, we probably would have seen a better depiction of what is truly desired by the fan base.

That said, I have no interest in another Mer-Man, Man-At-Arms, Sorceress, Teela (especially after seeing the one coming with PD), She-Ra or Hordak (although I would like a Filmation head and bone cowl). That's roughly $240. I would rather spend on characters I don't already have multiples of.
    I wholeheartedly agree with everything you are saying!
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by quigonnoodle View Post
    This just in: We already have Filmation Hordak. Doesn't matter if you like it or not, it was made already. Waste of money. I have nearly zero interest on Filmation versions of figures we already have.
    This is for the actual Filmation line. There is no Hordak in that line yet. This is not for Classics, that poll is next.

I'm very pleased with the results. It will be great to have a true Filmation Hordak, Merman, Teela, and Sorceress for sure. I'd much rather have 2.0's in this new line than new characters. I'd rather save the new characters for Classics.

I'm disappointed to see so many He-Man characters at the top...and Dree-Elle beating She-Ra really makes me sad...but hopefully Mattel takes these results with a grain of salt.

I definitely want to see Filmation versions of core characters (She-Ra, Hordak) who already appeared in Classics...but for me, this shouldn't be an either/or situation. If Hunga appears in the Classics line it doesn't mean she shouldn't also appear in the Filmation line, right?

I mean, we're getting TWO Evilseed figures within 12 months, give or take, right?

Poor Twiggets. I kind of like those guys.
    Me too! I hope Mattel knows that.

EDIT: The Widgets?? Oh come now...TWIGGETS rule. Widgets drool. (well not really but at least the Twiggets were in every episodes of the show!)
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; September 18, 2015 at 04:53pm.

There was definitely confusion, the "Collector's Choice" poll should
    have been first.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Hordak and Mer-Man were my top picks. I am glad they are on top. I don't really understand why most of those made it to this list. I would love to have a Filmation Ram Man
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Lodar, Hunga the Harpy, Sharella, Snake Goddess & Hawke

After He-Man, Teela, MAA, and Sorceress I want Ram Man.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    There was definitely confusion, the "Collector's Choice" poll should
    have been first.
    If people didn't read the info and instructions that were there every time, that's on them.

Besides, the majority of the characters at the top are, in fact, core characters. The poll results do seem to indicate most people did understand the point of the poll.

Plus, who's to say that doing the Collector's Choice first would have resulted in a different voting pattern? For all we know, it could have stayed almost identical.

I'm not concerned in the slightest. I think the results speak for themselves.

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    EDIT: The Widgets?? Oh come now...TWIGGETS rule. Widgets drool. (well not really but at least the Twiggets were in every episodes of the show!)
    So where the trees of the whispering woods. So was Crystal Castle.

The Twiggets might be cute and all but their appearance rate does´t make them important.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    Disappointed that Cringer didn't do higher, but In guess 15 overall isn't bad.

I'm surprised Tung Lasher and Rattlor didn't do better, since they have two of the more unique FilMation designs.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I'm disappointed to see so many He-Man characters at the top...and Dree-Elle beating She-Ra really makes me sad...but hopefully Mattel takes these results with a grain of salt.

I definitely want to see Filmation versions of core characters (She-Ra, Hordak) who already appeared in Classics...but for me, this shouldn't be an either/or situation. If Hunga appears in the Classics line it doesn't mean she shouldn't also appear in the Filmation line, right?

I mean, we're getting TWO Evilseed figures within 12 months, give or take, right?

Me too! I hope Mattel knows that.

The difference is that Evilseed had two completely different looks. The two looks are so fundamentally different that the two figures could easily pass as two different characters.
    With Hunga this is different because she only has one look and the only difference between the two figures of her would be varying levels of detail.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    If people didn't read the info and instructions that were there every time, that's on them.

Besides, the majority of the characters at the top are, in fact, core characters. The poll results do seem to indicate most people did understand the point of the poll.

Plus, who's to say that doing the Collector's Choice first would have resulted in a different voting pattern? For all we know, it could have stayed almost identical.

I disagree. If people misunderstood the poll it's not on them. It will backfire at all of us when Mattel uses the results to decide future line-ups.
    I think X-Factors' analysis of the results is spot-on.
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

I respectfully disagree. In order for the poll to be as accurate and helpful as possible, human error should always be taken into account and the poll should be constructed to avoid it.

A teacher doesn't give a text book to the students and say "go learn it but if you don't understand the material, that's on you." Instead they attempt to teach and help students to understand. The same can be said for managers/employees, coaches/players, parents/children, etc...

I respectfully disagree. In order for the poll to be as accurate and helpful as possible, human error should always be taken into account and the poll should be constructed to avoid it.
    Again, I'm not worried at all. The results tell the tale. That's a good roster of core character in five of the six slots. And, it's not like this is Mattel's roadmap. It's a fan poll for us to have fun discussing and that Mattel will take a look at.

I understand you're concerned and I'm not dismissing the concern. I just feel it's overstated. I see a few people worried how others may have voted out of confusion and speculating on that, rather than trusting that people voted the way they wanted and focusing on that. So I feel we should turn our attention to the results and discuss the pros and cons of those instead.

Well, I Actually Like The Results Of This Poll ! It Is Kinda Interesting & Let Me See If I Can Add Something To Spice Things Up !!

If I Breakup The Poll Results As Core Characters AKA Variants & Original Characters Separately (According To My Theory), This Is How Their Positions Will End Up :-

Core Characters AKA Filmation Variants

1) Hordak (1)
    2) Mer-Man (2)
    3) Sorceress (3)
    4) Teela (4)
    5) Tri-Klops (6)
    6) Man-At-Arms (9)
    7) Tung Lashor (10)
    8) Prince Adam (13)
    9) Leech (14)
    10) Cringer (15)
    11) Horde Trooper (16)
    12) Mantenna (17)
    13) She-Ra (19)
    14) Whiplash (20)
    15) Grizzlor (21)
    16) Rattlor (22)

First 4 seems to be perfect & they truly deserved to be in their respective spots !! Tri-Klops too, deserved to be in the top 5. Man-At-Arms is a nice candidate, but above Prince Adam & Cringer ??? That's very interesting. I guess people are not happy with his hyper detailed "mug mouth guard" armour (myself included) ! Good to see Tung Lashor & Leech in the top as well.

After top 10 spots, I think the "loosers" of the previous polls should be brought back for another go with the remaining 6 !

But I am really surprised to see people voted less for Cringer. IMO, an articulated Cringer is a MUST in this new line. I would easily take an articulated Cringer than say Leech

Original & Unmade Characters :-

1) Hawke (5)
    2) Granita (7)
    3) Dylamug (8)
    4) Dragoon (11)
    5) Hunga (12)
    6) Dree-Elle (18)
    7) General Tataran (23)
    8) Twiggets (Sprag, Sprocker, Spritina) (24)

As for these unmade characters, their positions are so perfect right (Although I don't think Dragoon qualifies for a spot in 6" figure line) ? I am totally shocked that Hawke was not part of 2016 line & IMO she SHOULD be the 1st figure of 2017 !!
    Matty Has Been Matted For 2017 !

Now I Seriously Hope Super 7 Makes Me Feel I Am In Heaven !!