View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

34 24.82%
  • B

3 2.19%
  • C

100 72.99%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Of These 3 Prototype Playsets, Which Do You Like Best?

Of These 3 Prototype Playsets, Which Do You Like Best?

Which one do you like the best and why?

A

B

C

Porkor,the Italian PugMan homerandrea's Avatar
    the third,because you can fill it with real water. i think it's a cool thing for a kid.

i chose c...the other two looks like the fright zone and snake mt molds...
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a darkside.

C) because we got A) in the form of Snake Mountain, even though there is a large colour change and slight details, and we to a lesser extend B) was Fright Zone, and the changes are larger but better ones in the final product.

C) seems a completely new concept and playset, so I of course enjoy that far more, and would have been a happy addition to the childhood days.

I chose A, it's very 'motu' in terms of the early feel of the franchise. Very cool. I wish Snake Mountain had actually been like that.

The 3rd one has good qualities, but the design is kind of all over the place.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    ill take #3 with everything on it

a Muppet of a man...
    I voted C... that thing looks like a lot of fun.

But I'll also say, I kinda like the simplicity of that Snake Mountain prototype. I can see why they jazzed it up for kids back in the 80s, but I think it's got a charm to it.

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    I chose C, but A's paint deco and other little changes are really cool too, for a smaller playset. Maybe there should be a fourth option: Both A and C.

Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    C for the water torture!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

i like all 3 but voted A

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    "C" is my favorite because it's so different, also it reminds me of Crystal Falls which I always wanted but my parents didn't let me buy.

We can also get "A" as an A-List Variant repaint of Snake Mountain.
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

Heroic Warrior andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it's Avatar
    Isn't that the MOTUC forum?
    I think this thread fit better in the VINTAGE original MASTERS discussion forum.
    Just my thoughts, though.

I cannot vote couse I LOVE all of them!
    It really semmes to me to be back to the old days when I saw for the first time a NEW commercial advertisement of my favourite toy line.

I can't wait to read the catalog! I am so thankful to Josh and the foundation!

I like all three! I wouldn't of minded having any of them as a kid to add to my collection (I only ever had the front shell to Castle Grayskull with a homemade wooden jawbridge 'til I was 12; then I got Snake Mountain). "A" would have been nice because it would have given another playset for the good guys, since the bad guys always had two (well, you could put part of Point Dread onto Castle Grayskull, but then it just became one playset again; when it was by itself--if you went with the minicomics story--it was Skeletor's second playset).
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

I like all three of them, but I choose C because it looks more unique than the other two.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Greed Horder Analog Jote's Avatar
    C as well, it'd have looked really awesome, and I like how the sketch shows that it's at the top of a mountain.
    BUY THE SUB!!! JOIN THE HORDE!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I pick C as well...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

i know the first one looks like snake mountain, but it looks so exotic, if i could should own one of the three i'd choose the first one.

A

Heroic Warrior
    I chose A.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    A. Even though it looks like Snake Mountain redeco'd, it could totally be the Cave of Power!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    I go C. A is cool but C kills it!

B has ZERO VOTES!

I voted for C because it's new to me, but that prototype Snake Mountain is mindblowingly cool!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

C is very, very cool, but I voted A. C, as Whiplash7 said, is kinda all over the place. That, and I don't really see what it is. How big is it? A has so much more potential! It can be folded and carried, it's generic and all-purpose (you could use that for so many toylines!) and it looks real fun! I wonder what the other side is like?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    I voted C

It looks it has everything you could want. and It looks fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    ... A has so much more potential! It can be folded and carried, it's generic and all-purpose (you could use that for so many toylines!) and it looks real fun! I wonder what the other side is like?
    Probably just as much going on as the original Snake Mountain playset. A big. Fat. Nothing. Seriously, even as a kid I thought the original Snake Mountain was the worst excuse for a playset I'd ever seen. The outside was an uninspired mess with barely any space for your figures to stand, and as for the inside, they might as well have painted a big middle finger in there, because there was absolutely no playability to it! The outside was barely any better, with that snake that looked like it was jammed in there from some other playset, and the even more out-of-place feature, the fricken wolf head that you talk into. Good Lord! This was like the playset that your retarded uncle put together from parts he found at garage sales. The only part of it that was remotely interesting was the big weird Skeksis face that was inexplicably carved into the front.

I suppose I should talk about the actual playsets we're voting on.

Well, the first one is head-and-shoulders above the Snake Mountain we got in the 80s, but it has a lot going against it for its connection to that failset. First and foremost being the same lack of usable playspace. If you're going to design a playset that's taller than it is wide, you have to do it like the original Grayskull, where there's multiple levels with enough room to actually play. This one has that same awful bridge that you can fit two figures on, but it's so narrow that they have to walk sideways and can't even actually face each other! There's also that stupid gate to nowhere at the top with enough room to have one figure up there wondering why he's all alone with a slope leading up to it that's too steep and narrow to put anyone. Then there's the little hole where Zodac is peeing on the wall. It has no discernable way for anyone to get up there, and once again, it's too small to fit even one figure unless they awkwardly stand sideways. The snake on this appears to be a slightly less awful-looking version than the one that came on the actual Snake Mountain, so that's OK, and there also seems to be a laser cannon, which is cool, but even this is sticking out of a hole that's too small to aim it anywhere. All that said, I do prefer the deco here to the reprehensible Snake Mountain, and if this was executed in a bit larger configuration with a larger footprint to accommodate what they seem to have thought the play features would've been, it could end up being a decent playset, but as-is it's on the lame side.

With the second one, it looks like they actually improved on it when it became the Fright Zone. The one shown here however, is pretty lackluster. From the tree with hands to the not-too-terrifying Venus flytraps to the smiling green meatball, I don't find anything about this playset to look very menacing, though I am amused that Duncan was inept enough to be captured by this preposterous thing.

The third one has the advantage of not being something we've seen as a playset in different form already. It also has a lot of great features we never got on any playsets. It's got a great layout with multiple levels to display figures on. It's water-based, so Mer-Man finally has a place to hang out! While it's a rather grim idea, a drowning chamber would be tons of fun. You could pretend Adam was Luke in the Bacta Tank, put Ram Man in there to see if he makes bubbles, or have Mer-Man in there reading the paper or whatever; it'd be awesome! Then there's the working waterfall, so you could have Teela take a shower, all the fun stuff we would've loved to have done as a kid!

So, that's why my vote went to 'C'.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com