Thread: Starro meets the Evil Horde

Starro meets the Evil Horde

I cannot believe I have never before read the story, referred in the 1 October Answers around the Web, of the parasitic Horde emblem/creature mind-controlling evil warriors to join the Horde - like a red Starro.

I have to say I do love the idea of a Horde parasite. Hope Matty & Toyguru find some way to weave at least one future (original) figure into the MOTUC mythos that is in fact a mind-controlled parasite bearing warrior.

Anyone else like to see this?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I cannot believe I have never before read the story, referred in the 1 October Answers around the Web, of the parasitic Horde emblem/creature mind-controlling evil warriors to join the Horde - like a red Starro.

I have to say I do love the idea of a Horde parasite. Hope Matty & Toyguru find some way to weave at least one future (original) figure into the MOTUC mythos that is in fact a mind-controlled parasite bearing warrior.

Anyone else like to see this?
    As long as it looks good and looks like it makes sense with the MOTUC theme I would be down (meaning it doesn't pull a mighty spector and be out of place)
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Except Spector isn't out of place.

I'd like a parasite-controlled Hordesman or two!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Heroic Warrior
    That's Cool! I love it!

Was that mentioned in the 10/1 Q&As Thread here? If it is, I must have missed it. I know something like this is hinted at in the Grizzlor & Leech Bios.

I would love some new Horde Chracters! (Snakes too, for that matter!)

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

I really hate the mind control parts in the bios for Grizzlor and Leech. I really think it takes away from the characters by making them "not really bad." If it were a character that could produce these parasites as their power it would be okay. I just hope the entire Horde doesn't end up that way.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by VictoryLiger View Post
    I really hate the mind control parts in the bios for Grizzlor and Leech. I really think it takes away from the characters by making them "not really bad." If it were a character that could produce these parasites as their power it would be okay. I just hope the entire Horde doesn't end up that way.
    I can understand where you're coming from & I agree that I wouldn't want to keep seeing this in every Horde Bio. (Somehow, Catra seems to have escaped this fate. No mention of a "mindwipe" in Megator's Bio either.)

While Grizzlor's Bio does mention that he was originally peaceful, there is no indication that Leech was changed from good/peaceful to evil via the mindwipe or any other spell. (Considering that he is a parasite/energy vampire, how "good" could he have ever really been?)

As I'm reading the Bios, the mindwipe/spell was more to ensure loyalty than for changing allegiance, but that's just me.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that a new Horde Character who creates and uses the proposed mind control parasites (ala how the Death Guards are created in The BeastMaster perhaps) would be awesome! Maybe this Character could have some connection with the Slime Pit in some way, predecessor to or inventor of the Slime Pit perhaps.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I don't like the mind wiping aspect of the story line either. The entire Horde is amnesic.

Hi guys, here is the artwork I referred to, which was quoted in the MOTUC Q&As around the web 1/10/11, and originally sourced from www.powerandhonor.org:

A Horde creature that dispenses these parasites would be awesome!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

hehe "pull a mighty spector and be out of place" .... guys think back to when you were a kid and what made The Evil Horde so badass. Each member was so over the top. It was a collection of the most vicious beings in the universe, not a collection of mindless zombies.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    A Horde creature that dispenses these parasites would be awesome!
    concept character "brain man" could serve that purpose:

bat creatures could be the way his mental control powers externalize.
    fellow orger tallstar already suggested this idea, if i'm not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomicdios View Post
    hehe "pull a mighty spector and be out of place" .... guys think back to when you were a kid and what made The Evil Horde so badass. Each member was so over the top. It was a collection of the most vicious beings in the universe, not a collection of mindless zombies.
    The horde looked like they owned the line upon their initial release. When they were revealed in the 80s I was like woah a gang of the baddest fools just came in the line to take over. They made sense because they were outlandish. Sadly spector seems kinda mundanly out of place. Give him disco skeleton colors instead and I'd say he fits right in. Now throw in a horde symbol and i might have to like him on principal. The horde symbol on any character immediately gives a character + 3 advantage lol.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.