Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (9/15/2011)

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe they can rebrand him as the "one-winged wonder" and include his other wing in a weapons pak.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

3) Many fans still like the thought of two subscription options - a basic sub, containing only the 12 regular figures, and an advanced sub containing everything. Can you give some details why exactly something like that can't be done?

Sorry, this is propriatory information we do not make available. We are well aware there is fan demand but it is not something we will be offering. Many fans want the MOTUC line to work exactly for their particiular buying habbits, and while we respect that, in the end, logistically to make the line work we need to combine all the items into one sub and that is the basis for all production.
    This one bothers me a bit. The Main Reason I did NOT commit to a 2012 Sub is the cost. If they Had a basic 12 fig sub, I would've subscribed. Because of the sub being all-in is why I'm forced to be a Cherry Picker.
    I'm sure that other "Cherry Pickers" would subscribe too if there was a less expensive sub option.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    This one bothers me a bit. The Main Reason I did NOT commit to a 2012 Sub is the cost. If they Had a basic 12 fig sub, I would've subscribed. Because of the sub being all-in is why I'm forced to be a Cherry Picker.
    I'm sure that other "Cherry Pickers" would subscribe too if there was a less expensive sub option.
    While you may be right, I'm sure they're concerned about the additional items. The bonus and quarterly figures for the year cost about as much as the monthlies. If, for every cherry picker that bought a monthlies-only sub. there was an "all-in" buyer who switched to just the monthlies, it would just even itself out.

It would be worse than that really, because it would put the additional items in jeopardy since their minimum baseline would be reduced.

You could say that it's worse than that still, since it's not like the cherry pickers never bought anything, and it wouldn't really be 12 new sales from each new monthly customer.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

They were a little late in getting me the answers, but I'm up now!

http://www.motucfigures.com/2011/09/...15th-2011.html

And the green Eternian guard head mystery continues....

Sallah

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    While you may be right, I'm sure they're concerned about the additional items. The bonus and quarterly figures for the year cost about as much as the monthlies. If, for every cherry picker that bought a monthlies-only sub. there was an "all-in" buyer who switched to just the monthlies, it would just even itself out.

It would be worse than that really, because it would put the additional items in jeopardy since their minimum baseline would be reduced.

You could say that it's worse than that still, since it's not like the cherry pickers never bought anything, and it wouldn't really be 12 new sales from each new monthly customer.
    Maybe separating the Current into 2 subs could help a bit...
    Basic 12 figs Sub
    Variant and Large Scale items Sub

To those who want "All-in" they just combine the subs.
    Sadly the large scale items and variants would suffer a reduction, and a possible scale-back in the amount sold per year. IMHO a reduction in the amount of variants and large scale items is a better solution than increasing prices too much and causing a dip in the customer base like the one Netflix is going through.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

What is this nonsense about Evilseed possibly having two heads? How is that gonna work? The artichoke head on the 200x body is not going to look right. They could put a robe on the 200x body but that wouldn't work because the 200x version is too muscular.

Heroic Warrior
    What is this nonsense about Evilseed possibly having two heads? How is that gonna work? The artichoke head on the 200x body is not going to look right. They could put a robe on the 200x body but that wouldn't work because the 200x version is too muscular.
    Exactly. And I think the answer is that we'll get - more than probably - a 200x Evilseed... just like it should be, in my opnion.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Hmmm...two heads for Evil Seed will only work if he has the robe. Two reasons.

1) Filmation and MYP Evil Seed are very different colours

2) De-robed Filmation Evil Seed's body will not work on a standard buck!

MOTUC Evil Seed custom:

Filmation, no robe:

Just for fun, his graphic dying sequence.

Last edited by Darkspecter; September 16, 2011 at 12:46pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Man I hope the 200X version is made. I have ZERO interest in Filmation Evil Seed. If they made both (or somehow could swing using the same basic body) I'd be happy for the Filmation version to be made for those that want him. But if they have to choose I hope it's 200X.

Whooooo for 200X Evil Seed! I'm not a fan of of the Filmation design, but if they do make the character then two heads would be a great solution.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Cherry Pickers is the new Hyper Anime Detail.
    This made me laugh a lot.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Hordak.de is up with their new Facebook Page!

That Illumina answer is strange. Since when has obscurity made a character more difficult to produce? This line doesn't worry about moms and kids. The hardcore fans ARE the audience.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

That Illumina answer is strange. Since when has obscurity made a character more difficult to produce? This line doesn't worry about moms and kids. The hardcore fans ARE the audience.
    I agree with this. I don't remember a ground-swell of support for Gygor before he came out. Why would things work differently for Gygor and Illumina? It seems as if there is relatively more support for Illumina.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Yeah I was just gonna say all they need for Evil Seed is a 2nd head and a cloak that he wears in Fillamation. That would be totally awesome!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Since when is support an issue or has ever been needed before?

She is a cool character who fits in well and with her help there could be a way to explore more about the Gar race.

So yes, you are more than right, this answer is really strange

Yeah, the answer is kind of weird. Did Vikor have more support outside the ORG? Gygor is also another good example. I just don't really understand that. So, do we need to organize a mass media blitz to get people to understand who she is?

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Yeah, the answer is kind of weird. Did Vikor have more support outside the ORG? Gygor is also another good example. I just don't really understand that. So, do we need to organize a mass media blitz to get people to understand who she is?
    Yeah, because SOOOO many people knew who Vikor, Demo-Man, and Gygor were.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

I don't get that answer either.

Well, if we want to show our support, maybe we can vote in this poll on Mattycollector. I've posted to a few sites I frequent funneling people there. Not sure how many people would have to vote to show interest though. But maybe talking about it on other forums would help spread the love some more.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...5/m/8801038536

Even though that is a cool looking figure, who has asked for Draego-Man?
    And even so, who has supported newly unknown made figures for 30th Ann more than Illumina?

They just don't want to do it because of being afraid of some legal actions regarding rights. They are just being politically correct about it
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

I'm getting tired of hearing "all our resources are going into the figures line"

Really? How many 'resources' would it take to allow Dark Horse to continue with the comics? Even if it wouldn't be cost effective to do them as minis with the figures, it could be done as a regular comic.
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

They consistently throw that "small but loud" out there, but then they go and design new figures. Who was calling for Draego Man?

Nobody. Because nobody knew who he was. Because he didn't' exist.

But now we've all seen him, and most of us love him.

So.....what was their point exactly?

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Hmmm...two heads for Evil Seed will only work if he has the robe. Two reasons.

1) Filmation and MYP Evil Seed are very different colours

2) De-robed Filmation Evil Seed's body will not work on a standard buck!
    For once (), I agree with thee!
    Even the robe wouldn't cover the differences.

Someone should post those on the MC forum for him if they haven't been already.

Yeah, the answer is kind of weird. Did Vikor have more support outside the ORG?
    Vikor was, let's be honest here, a complete Conan rip. That has an impact on who they may have expected to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Vikor was, let's be honest here, a complete Conan rip. That has an impact on who they may have expected to buy it.
    That's a good point.

Vikor, as well as Demo-Man, happened because Scott wanted them to happen.

Illumina... well, we all know that story

We have done testing and outside of a small but loud set of fans on hard core MOTU fan sites she has very little recongnition or demand. We'd love to get to her but we would need to see a lot more support
    Would that be the same "Small but loud set of fans on hard-core MOTU fan site(s)" that made this line possible?

This is a badly flavored response

He-Man.org, and to a lesser extent, Matty's Forums, are the main source of "testing" that Scott has... for free I might add.

This answer is just... weird.

It just further makes me question why someone like Geoff Johns is designing a 30th Anniversary figure... and people like Lou Scheimer, Larry Ditillio, Emiliano Santalucia, Val Staples, or Rudy Obrero aren't.

Geoff is great, but what does he have to do with MOTU? I mean, he might be a fan, but in my opinion, the 30th Anniversary figures should all have been designed by significant contributors to the property.
    Last edited by bcrduke; September 17, 2011 at 12:23am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    No way i would buy a filmation evilseed. 200x is too epic.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael