Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (9/15/2011)

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Fine. Don't make Illumina.

Just don't expect a love fear from the customers when your personal 30th anniversary figure sees the light of day.
    This reminds me of something I was thinking about the other day in regards to the 30th anniversary fan design contest. I imagine it would be amazingly cool to win it for about 5 minutes until the realization hits that whatever it is you made is going to be torn to shreds by fans for the next 12 months.

• They wasted tooling dollars on this, while BGEL gets the same Teela dress repainted?
    • Blech. They should have let Emeliano design one, it would have been much better.
    • We get this, but no Illumina?

How much would it suck to have your character voted as 'worst MOTU figure' in one of these threads?
    Last edited by Matthew K; September 19, 2011 at 05:06pm.

Don't worry dewd, your Mum will still like it ;P
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I'd hope fans would support another fan and be happy for them. I'd hope.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
    This reminds me of something I was thinking about the other day in regards to the 30th anniversary fan design contest. I imagine it would be amazingly cool to win it for about 5 minutes until the realization hits that whatever it is you made is going to be torn to shreds by fans for the next 12 months.

• They wasted tooling dollars on this, while BGEL gets the same Teela dress repainted?
    • Blech. They should have let Emeliano design one, it would have been much better.

How much would it suck to have your character voted as 'worst MOTU figure' in one of these threads?
    Well you'd just have to take the criticism with a grain of salt, Mattel chose the design because they liked it for whatever criteria they decide on. I look at BG Evil-Lyn and find the figure is very visually pleasing, while many are upset because she is a complete reuse. But yeah those are very real possiblites for the winner, you could end up like Steve Bartman (For those that don't know he was/is a Cubs fan that made a play on a foul ball in critical playoff game in 2003 that "could" have been caught for an out by the Cubs, well the Cubs went on to lose the game and he received hate and death threats from the rest of the Cubs fandom)

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I'd hope fans would support another fan and be happy for them. I'd hope.
    I'm sure they would. I meant that to be a bit of a laugh. It just occurred to me as a funny idea if your fan character had to stand up to the same criticisms the rest of the figures did.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm sure they would. I meant that to be a bit of a laugh. It just occurred to me as a funny idea if your fan character had to stand up to the same criticisms the rest of the figures did.
    Just blame Scott or the Four Horsemen "They sculpted it all wrong"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think it's a lot different when you actually know the creator of the character or speak with/debate with them everyday, versus criticizing the decisions of the faceless management behind the MOTUC team.

Besides, there's no 200X version of that character. No original POP toy. No mini-comic rendition. The new character is it's own thing and it would be a pleasure to know the creator of a brand new MOTUC character who could be featured in toys, books, video games, comics, lunch boxes, etc.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Oh no, please no! That would be the ultimate stab at me: "we'll do her, but she'll be what you've never meant her to be!"
    Its sad to say, but, the only thing that sets aside Illumina in mattel eyes, is her "origin", I mean, who created her, for whatever reason they just don´t want to make a caracter created by these tallented artits, because that will legitimate their work in MOTUC. It´s just my opinion, maybe just a hunch, but thats why I think they will eventually do her, but ruin her story, and even reuse teela´s outfit.....

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

If I was the winner (hypothetically, since I'm Canadian and cannot enter), some comments might hurt, but end the end I wouldn't care so much because my figure design won and got made! Everyone else is just bitter they didn't win!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    But Duke...is it Toyguru or is it Mattel Corporate?
    It's pretty clear that Scott approves the final roster; or that's what I've heard. Plus, he's already said that he, the 4H, and other designers are the ones who sat down and figured out the long-term lineup.

I'm pretty comfortable assuming that Upper management cares mostly about the money, and, perhaps, the general integrity of the property. Scott is the brand manager. It's his job to deal with the details (product development, distribution, customer relations, etc.).

Scott is making this seem like a personal thing unfortunately. I say that because his reasoning contradicts both what he's said about obscure characters and what he's done with ones who've made it into the line.

I just wish he'd realize how beneficial making Illumina would be for public/customer relations. If he wants us to love him, the way we love so many other contributors to the property (and he most certainly IS a major contributor at this lint ), he should try to relate to us a little more.

I sometimes get the feeling that while many of his "likes" coincide with ours, the plan for the line has always been more about his preferences.

Of course he's certainly listened to us before, and we are all grateful!! We have The Star Sisters coming; we have the Wind Raider coming; we have Granamyr coming. We have mini-comics. We have so much because he went to bat for our requests (I suppose, I mean I still think he has final say ).

Please, just make her as an exclusive for something like Power Con. It would just be good karma, to be blunt.

Or, as has been pointed out, put her in the subscription... She'd be paid for!

Plus it's not like we're asking for a MOTUC version of Barbie and the Rockers
    Last edited by bcrduke; September 19, 2011 at 08:55pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Dewd, I already love Scott. And I am grateful.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

If Scott would bring us Castle Grayskull, while not doing some bait-and-snatch in the process, I would be forever grateful.

Oh, and of course I need a Ram Man figure, too.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by elkkthunder View Post
    Interesting He-Man 2.0 answer.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

I've been listening to Roast Gooble lately (I'm way back in the late 30's now) and I remembered they talked about He-man 2.0. There really is a lot of cool options for him, as is hinted at. I kind of hate the Filmation-style holder, but it'd be cool to get a different body with better hand articulation to hold the sword aloft well. And then you can just mix and match parts to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Please, just make her as an exclusive for something like Power Con. It would just be good karma, to be blunt.

Or, as has been pointed out, put her in the subscription... She'd be paid for!

Plus it's not like we're asking for a MOTUC version of Barbie and the Rockers
    I would love to have Illumina as an exclusive, but for me personally I'd much rather have a POP female in the sub than Illumina (who may end up wearing yet another repainted Teela dress as that's how she'll look when she's tossed into the Classics machine.)

P.S. I'd love to see Diva, Dana, Derek, and Dee Dee join the line. They were born with a mic in their hand!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    All the Illumina Arguments are just going in circles!
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; September 22, 2011 at 07:12am.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elkkthunder View Post
    Thanks Elkk! I've added it to the first post!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    the idea of a He-Man V2 sounds good - like She-Ra 2 - its nice to mix and match and make your favourite version - one of the reason why this toyline is head and sholders above many lines out there.

I love the He-man 2.0 answer, that´s what MOTUC is all about

Hmmm He-Man 2.0 huh... I hope the new head is something more Alcala/Texeira-ish...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Since he mentioned the scabbard, sounds like he means a Filmation He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    All the Illumina Arguments are just going in circles!
    They've been doing that for years. I've stopped bothering to look at blue-girl-unnamed-in-any-official-source threads now...

if we get a He-man 2.0, it should be 200X He-Man
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I personally do not need a Filmation He-Man as he's basically the same as the version we got. The only thing I would be interested in is his Filmation sword and possibly new head. A 200X He-Man would be different though. Maybe if they made a 200X He-Man and he came with extra Filmation head, sword and chest harness (Filmation holster), that would be cool. Then we would get a new He-Man and the parts to add the the FIRST version of He-Man so the Filmation fans could make their Filmation He-Man.

That makes more sense to me, instead of pretty much getting the same He-Man twice.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Interesting He-Man 2.0 answer.
    Totally! I love when Toyguru talks like that!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.