Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (9/15/2011)

I'm not really jonesing for a He-Man 2.0. I really don't want a Filmation version explicitly, but if we were getting a new take on the original, this is stuff I'd like to see:

-boot with knife sheath as in original mini
    -Texeira styled long hair, perhaps a new facial expression
    -parts for Jungle Attack He-Man
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    YAY! TG answered My question in ask matty!

NA in 2012 (and thankyou for Icarius)
    Hi TG, Thankyou so much for Icarius, he looks superb.

Considering the Overwhelming love he is receiving do you feel more confident about NA in MOTUC?

and without giving any details away (as I know you cant) Is there a possibility we may see another NA character in 2013?

Thanks again, AJ

You will see at least 1 (if not more!) NA figures every year (ideally, things do change all the time, but that is the plan)
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

The next NA in 2012 will be a Mutant. TG revealed that at Grayskull Con.
    Positivity, folks!
    Let´s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

The only question is whether it's gonna be Slushead or Flogg, I dare say.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

i hope it is Staghorn! though the more obvious choices would be slushy and flogg

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    i hope it is Staghorn! though the more obvious choices would be slushy and flogg
    I hope it is Hook 'em Flogg or Too Tall Hoove.

I'd be stoked to see Flogg or Slushhead. Great news!!
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

Heroic Warrior
    Hi TG, Thankyou so much for Icarius, he looks superb.

Considering the Overwhelming love he is receiving do you feel more confident about NA in MOTUC?

and without giving any details away (as I know you cant) Is there a possibility we may see another NA character in 2013?

Thanks again, AJ

You will see at least 1 (if not more!) NA figures every year (ideally, things do change all the time, but that is the plan)
    I'm not sure where you're seeing "overwhelming love", but regardless Toyguru constantly says that every year strives to have a mix of all eras, and, yes, that includes NA.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    I'm not sure where you're seeing "overwhelming love", but regardless Toyguru constantly says that every year strives to have a mix of all eras, and, yes, that includes NA.
    I don't know, that seems a fair assessment from everything I've read. I have a feeling the NA mutant might be one of the reveals at Power-con.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I personally do not need a Filmation He-Man as he's basically the same as the version we got. The only thing I would be interested in is his Filmation sword and possibly new head. A 200X He-Man would be different though. Maybe if they made a 200X He-Man and he came with extra Filmation head, sword and chest harness (Filmation holster), that would be cool. Then we would get a new He-Man and the parts to add the the FIRST version of He-Man so the Filmation fans could make their Filmation He-Man.

That makes more sense to me, instead of pretty much getting the same He-Man twice.
    Fans have been asking for a long time to get a He-Man who can hold his sword aloft.

One idea I hope the implement is giving him the smirking Adam head as an alternate (for those fans who like a positive He-Man) and making He-Man 2.0's main head have a totally new expression.

Another idea is for his belt to match his bracers with NO RED BUBBLES!

They'll probably include some Filmation elements, like the blue scabbard.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I don't know, that seems a fair assessment from everything I've read. I have a feeling the NA mutant might be one of the reveals at Power-con.
    Me too. NA is due. We have 4 vintage characters and 3 POP already revealed in 2012.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 23, 2011 at 11:24am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    The next NA in 2012 will be a Mutant. TG revealed that at Grayskull Con.
    OMG, is Mike Bock FINALLY going to get Slush Head and change his avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I don't know, that seems a fair assessment from everything I've read.
    Agreed! Flipshot is awesome. He's one of the top 5 MOTUC figures in terms of sculpts, playability, accessories, fun, design, style and awesomeness so far! In my opinion, of course.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

OMG, is Mike Bock FINALLY going to get Slush Head and change his avatar?
    Unless it's Flogg/Brak!

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    All the Illumina Arguments are just going in circles!
    It would if they just made her. I wouldn't hold it against the fans who played devil's advocate either. We can agree to disagree, but they've got nothing to lose if they're proven wrong.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Unless it's Flogg/Brak!

It would if they just made her. I wouldn't hold it against the fans who played devil's advocate either. We can agree to disagree, but they've got nothing to lose if they're proven wrong.
    Yeah you have a great Point, Well said!

we should all be able to give our views I- totally agrre.

I used the term pointedly,in regards to a recent incident.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Re: Gygor. Illumina has a lot more history than Gygor. The only difference is that he's older. Illumina is much more well known. Illumina is like Brad Pitt and Gygor would be like Ryan Kelley. Don't know who Ryan Kelley is? Exactly. Fans first learned of Gygor from Roger Sweet's book, which had a couple sentences about him. Then we saw a picture a year before the Gygor figure came out, I think. That's all.

Illumina also has a LOT more parts re-use than Gygor did.
    I don't think Gygor is well known but Illumina isn't either. I've seen posts by people who even bought the MVC comics who don't know who she is. The only reason people on this forum know who she is is due to the fact that her creators own this website. If this was a forum run by Roger Sweet, Gygor might be just as "well known" as Illumina supposedly is.

Besides, most guys love action movies, The Three Stooges, and monkeys. Considering Gygor is a giant monkey(for the record, I know he's technically an ape) with a cape & big ax, I think Mattel made the right call.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I don't think Gygor is well known but Illumina isn't either. I've seen posts by people who even bought the MVC comics who don't know who she is. The only reason people on this forum know who she is is due to the fact that her creators own this website. If this was a forum run by Roger Sweet, Gygor might be just as "well known" as Illumina supposedly is.

Besides, most guys love action movies, The Three Stooges, and monkeys. Considering Gygor is a giant monkey(for the record, I know he's technically an ape) with a cape & big ax, I think Mattel made the right call.
    I can't stop to find amusing that Gygor is known and has been made because I gave that pic to Mattel and revealed it here just to create the hype for the upcoming figure I knew it was in the work

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I can't stop to find amusing that Gygor is known and has been made because I gave that pic to Mattel and revealed it here just to create the hype for the upcoming figure I knew it was in the work
    sneaky, sneaky...
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

My point was Illumina is just as obscure as Gygor.

JOIN THE GROUP...

My point was Illumina is just as obscure as Gygor.
    I know, I wasn't arguing against that, just posting a comment on the side

I know, I wasn't arguing against that, just posting a comment on the side
    I just wanted to make sure my intentions weren't misread as my bashing Illumina.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I agree that she isn't super well known, but I truly believe she was more well known in the He-Man community than Gygor was. We never even saw a picture of Gygor until a few months before he was announced...and Emiliano, from these forums posted it!

I can't speak for anyone else, but I DID learn about her from He-Man.org. It was a thread about the MVC comics and someone posted that picture for the variant cover of issue 4 with the "mysterious woman in white." I thought (and maybe said, it's been quite a few years ) "She looks awesome! I wonder what her story is? I HAVE to get that comic!" This was before we knew she wasn't going to appear. IF the comics were for sale in my area, I would have saw her and thought the same thing. Heck, I even remember after she didn't appear and people were wondering what happened to her and if she would appear in a later issue, etc. It was a big thing at the time!

I only learned of Gygor, also, because of He-Man.org. Someone who bought Roger Sweet's "Mastering the Universe" book was kind enough to write the sentence or two where he was described...and that's the only way people knew Gygor: Big Jim Gorilla with a harness for He-Man to ride.

If Roger Sweet did have a message board like this, sure, we would have seen his picture...but he would then have become as well known as any of the Tomart MOTU concepts (like Hand-Some). Illumina is different, because we learned a great deal about her powers and storyline...because it was all planned out (just never got published...like the unpublished mini-comics oif the 80's). Gygor was a concept that (if I am remembering correctly) was still in the conceptual stages as there were a few different designs for him. Illumina was finished: design, story line and all.

Note: I'm not bashing Gygor.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; October 2, 2011 at 03:30am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I don't understand this. Val has NEVER EVER campaigned for Illumina. Emiliano hasn't either, save for saying that it would be exciting for him to see her made. He's also clarified things about her origin/back-story.

It has been fellow fans who have campaigned for her, discussed her, etc. We all saw her image in the MVC comic... we all wondered who she was. Val & Emiliano were actually really tight-lipped about her for a long time.

The Roger Sweet comparison was shay-DAY LOL!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    We all saw her image in the MVC comic... we all wondered who she was. Val & Emiliano were actually really tight-lipped about her for a long time.
    Yep! That was PAINFUL! So many people kept asking but they wouldn't say anything for SUCH a long time. I think this is also what added to her popularity and mystique. There's this gorgeous woman and cat that were supposed to be in a comic (and have to be important since they were fully featured on the cover) and we knew NOTHING about her and nobody would say anything. It just made me more and more interested in her! Then, when we learned her story, I fell even more in love with her. My love for her has nothing to do with the politics, it's because (to me) she looks incredible and her story is very intriguing and could help tie a LOT of events together over a big stretch of time (20-30 years, maybe).

Yep! That was PAINFUL! So many people kept asking but they wouldn't say anything for SUCH a long time. I think this is also what added to her popularity and mystique. There's this gorgeous woman and cat that were supposed to be in a comic (and have to be important since they were fully featured on the cover) and we knew NOTHING about her and nobody would say anything. It just made me more and more interested in her! Then, when we learned her story, I fell even more in love with her. My love for her has nothing to do with the politics, it's because (to me) she looks incredible and her story is very intriguing and could help tie a LOT of events together over a big stretch of time (20-30 years, maybe).

The fact that just as many people are asking for her as have asked for things liiiiike... well, EVERYTHING that has had a special request, is what makes TG's responses about Illumina so unfair. It doesn't take a genius to know that Mattel gets almost ALL of it's feedback from this site... not from the Matty Forums... where most of the members are members here anyway).

Scott demanding 5000 committed "intent-to-purchase" signatures is unreasonable, and he knows it.

It's just sad for us... and as such loyal Mattel customers, the fact that he's spinning it all the way he is, and not giving us what we'd like, is just unfortunate.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I agree that she isn't super well known, but I truly believe she was more well known in the He-Man community than Gygor was. We never even saw a picture of Gygor until a few months before he was announced...and Emiliano, from these forums posted it!
    All I'm saying is that since Illumina & Gygor are both based on pictures, they're almost equally obscure. Since a lot of forum members on this site latch on to all of the works of its celebrities(Emiliano, Val, Bustatoons), Illumina may seem a lot more known than she actually is. I'm not against her getting made & would defintely buy her if she was(even if she was a Teela repaint with a new head), but I also don't think Mattel making Gygor(or Vikor & Demo-Man) were bad ideas.

JOIN THE GROUP...

1.) Chrissy asks: Could the next Skeletor variation (Terror Claws, Dragon Blaster, etc.) use Kobra Khans forearms and shins? This would alleviate some of the fatigue of getting another standard Skeletor body with new gear. And it would look great with Demo-Man’s freaky Alfredo Alcala styled Skeletor head.
    I did not notice anyone else commenting anything... but whaaaat? How does Kobra Khan shins and forearms fit Alcala Skeletor? If anything Skeletor should come with 5 toes and without arms fins to match with Alcala head!