Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Coolest Figure this month is Chief Carnivus (reissue)

The Coolest Figure this month is Chief Carnivus (reissue)

IMO, this is the lamest month for Classics. Leech...Shoulda been so cool! Instead we get a figure that feels like a mediocre custom. I understand trying to keep cost down but they coulda gone in so many different directions to do this figure justice. Personally, I would have bit the bullet and built a bigger buck. Figures like Ram-Man or a 200x Beastman or 200x Whiplash could have shared parts.

Hurricane Hordak is just kinda Meh.. for me as well. No reason to really have him. I'm surprised there doing 2 Hordesman this month.

So If I was gonna buy anything this Month...Which I probably won't, It would be Chief Carnivus whom I skipped on his original release.

Oh well, Guess I can save some money and look forward to Flipshot nxt month!

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    IMO, Carnivus wasn't the coolest figure when he was the only figure. I can't wait for Leech and HH.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

If by coolest, you mean the figure that is ice cold in terms of popularity...well then yes! LOL

i do like Chief Carnivus better then that vac HH

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

If I order JUST this one figure, will it be sent with a bubble mailer?

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Even though the reviews tell me Leech isn't as good as he should have been, he still looks freakin great to me. Can't wait to get him in about 10-12 days. One of my favorite toys as a kid, and I have no problem with the looks of this version.

HH I'm not too excited for, but variants are pretty boring to me.

And Carnivous is one of my least favorite MOTUC figures.

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    If I order JUST this one figure, will it be sent with a bubble mailer?
    No, they stopped using the bubble mailers few months ago (June I think).

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Carnivus IS the coolest figure! Seriously, if I didn't already own him, he would be the only figure that I would be buying on this sale.

All the other stuff is junk including Leech with his stupid head.

Since I got into MOTUC, this is the first sales month in which there is nothing for me to buy. Last month I only bought Man-E-Faces while before, I would have bought almost all the MOTUC figures released for the month including reissues as I came late in the line.

If it wasn't for Leech having that goofy head, he would have been a MUST BUY but as he is, he sucks and not interested. The dial on Hordak was also a sale killer too.

This is how much the line is failing for me..
    Last edited by kup; September 10, 2011 at 10:30am.

Heroic Warrior
    I LOVE LEECH!

Slug-men are way better than cat-men!

Carnivus is a great, interesting figure. I'm glad I have him and welcome other MYP characters (Dactys, Ceratus, Kulatuk Chief, Queen Andreenos, Dekker, the ABC giants, Sor-Tek, Circe/The Siren...).

Still...

Leech rocks! I'm so excited for him; I don't agree with any of the negaivity surrounding him.

I'm actually just as excited for HHH, too, for all the reasons people don't like him it seems. I guess one man's complaint is my windfall!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBrett View Post
    If by coolest, you mean the figure that is ice cold in terms of popularity...well then yes! LOL
    I'll second that. I am not a Carnivus fan at all, but fair play to everyone who does like him.

I know there have been some concerns about fitting the standard leg parts onto Leech, but I still don't think he looks bad. I think it's a pretty good month for the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

If it wasn't for Leech having that goofy head, he would have been a MUST BUY but as he is, he sucks.
    Isn't that the idea?
    Last edited by VaultsofGrayskull; September 10, 2011 at 10:31am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    HH looks great.

Leech should have new upper arms and upper legs to match the bulky torso.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    There isnt a single Horde character that Carnivus is even close to being as cool as. And I'm talking EVERY Horde Character from the vintage line, Filmation, concepts, 200x, and future Horde members...if we see any.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Leech does suck.....well that's what he supposed to do - minus the gimmick that is.

Actually to me, I did own the vintage Leech as a kid, as well as the Kobra Kahn with the
    mist gimmick, while looking back neither did I actaully like, Kahn is the only one I will be
    getting now, because his update is just too nice not to, while Leech is um, really, really
    (not the cool, good kind either) bad, too bulky and not well proportioned at all.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    I am more excited for Leech. Sorry Carnivus just kind of sits on my shelf and rarely do I pick him up to admire him. I hate the way his hair is sculpted. I also don't like the angle his right hand is sitting at. It makes some poses awkward.He is just one of those figures I could have done without.

Leech looks fine in my opinion. Maybe my thoughts will change once I have him in hand but from what I can tell I think he looks great. Hurricane Hordak looks ok but a variant is a variant so I can't get as excited for him.

So I disagree. I think Carnivus is the worst of the three. I will say though that the Matty photos of Leech are horribly posed and look to have been rushed.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post

Isn't that the idea?
    Allow me to rephrase - He sucks the wrong way

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    This is a pretty lame month.

Not PoP or NA lame, but not too far off...
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Warrior
    LOL, some of these responses are funny. Chief Carnivus I will have to disagree with the original poster and say is the least interesting of the three MOTUC releases this month. Leech is just fine and HH is nice too. I already have Carnivus and think he's over rated. He what had a combined total of 15 minutes of screen time in the whole 200X series?
    Good trades with: Cammor

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Carnivus IS the coolest figure! Seriously, if I didn't already own him, he would be the only figure that I would be buying on this sale.

All the other stuff is junk including Leech with his stupid head.

Since I got into MOTUC, this is the first sales month in which there is nothing for me to buy. Last month I only bought Man-E-Faces while before, I would have bought almost all the MOTUC figures released for the month including reissues as I came late in the line.

If it wasn't for Leech having that goofy head, he would have been a MUST BUY but as he is, he sucks and not interested. The dial on Hordak was also a sale killer too.

This is how much the line is failing for me..
    Kup, you should really refrain from being so insulting in your criticisms. The Four Horsemen work very hard on these figures, and they are a form of sculpted art, even though they're a product. You wouldn't go on the customs forum and call someone else's work JUNK, STUPID, GOOFY, and say it SUCKS, would you? Just because a figure doesn't meet your individual expectations, doesn't mean it's bad. Think about that.

You are entitled to your opinion of course, but there are more constructive ways of voicing it.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Leech is another "Clawful" (and Buzz-Off, to a lesser extent) for many of us, in that if the head had been more of a hybrid of old and new we'd like it much more.

Leech DOES have a goofy-looking head, SO not worthy of the 4H stamp. The real issue is that we've SEEN what they can do with characters and just because a sculpt was limited in the 80s because of technology (Leech) or lack of imagination (Clawful and Buzz-Off) doesn't mean it should be carbon-copied for this line.

Just my opinion.

ANOTHER reason that abandoning multiple heads in these cases was an incredible misstep. I'd have bought an extra of all 3 of the aforementioned figures if they had gone the Whiplash/MossMan/Fisto route.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Lets hear it for Captain Carnivore!
    Last edited by CarKrash; September 10, 2011 at 04:39pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    IMO, Carnivus wasn't the coolest figure when he was the only figure. I can't wait for Leech and HH.
    QFT. Carnivus is the lamest this month, and one of the lamest of the whole line. IMO the 4h (whom I LOVE) have shown their fallibility on the 200x figures. Faceless One, Carnivus and Marzo are pretty bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post

ANOTHER reason that abandoning multiple heads in these cases was an incredible misstep.
    Absolutely. Mattel could have pleased so many more fans by including a few extra heads.

Carnivus is awesome! But I have 2 already.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    QFT. Carnivus is the lamest this month, and one of the lamest of the whole line. IMO the 4h (whom I LOVE) have shown their fallibility on the 200x figures. Faceless One, Carnivus and Marzo are pretty bleh.
    Just curious, how would you have improved upon these releases? I feel Carnivus is easily among the top 5 figures in the line thus far, and Marzo well into the top 10. Faceless One is pretty cool too. To me, they're certainly among the more visually interesting releases (I've never understood the 'boring' accusations for Carnivus, even though you didn't state this explicitly), and I'm not sure how the 4H's fallibility is on display here. What makes them bleh?
    I'll lead you into danger
    And all that troubles man
    I'll lead you far from hunger
    Just take my frozen hand

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Leech is another "Clawful" (and Buzz-Off, to a lesser extent) for many of us, in that if the head had been more of a hybrid of old and new we'd like it much more.

Leech DOES have a goofy-looking head, SO not worthy of the 4H stamp. The real issue is that we've SEEN what they can do with characters and just because a sculpt was limited in the 80s because of technology (Leech) or lack of imagination (Clawful and Buzz-Off) doesn't mean it should be carbon-copied for this line.

Just my opinion.

ANOTHER reason that abandoning multiple heads in these cases was an incredible misstep. I'd have bought an extra of all 3 of the aforementioned figures if they had gone the Whiplash/MossMan/Fisto route.
    best post i have seen on this!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041