Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheres Icarius carded?

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar

Wheres Icarius carded?

Howdy, I just realised we havent seen Icarius Carded yet, From memory we have usually seen the figures carded and Bios well before this, we only have 4 weeks til he 'launches' (pun Intended!).

I wonder what the hold up is? Im so curious to see how he is melded into the Bios!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Who knows. Maybe the test batch that they recieved had an error like bad paint ap or reverse shoulders. Didnt they have some delay like that happen in the past?

Bios for Icarius and other remaining characters for 2011 were revealed at SDCC.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=211661

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin View Post
    Bios for Icarius and other remaining characters for 2011 were revealed at SDCC.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=211661

- Joni -
    Oh cool! thanks for that, so now all that remains is to see him carded! nice!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Oh cool! thanks for that, so now all that remains is to see him carded! nice!
    Yeah we haven't seen any pf the remaining 2011 figures carded and historically we should be seeing the January figures and bios sometime in October so maybe we will see them at Power Con.

Maybe itīs still because of Toyguru had been on vacation.

He has to check everything before itīs sent out or shown, i guess...

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    In the garbage?

Oh, wait...I thought you asked where he BELONGED!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Maybe itīs still because of Toyguru had been on vacation.

He has to check everything before itīs sent out or shown, i guess...
    sigh, bitter much?
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Where's Icarius carded?
    Probably in bars or strip clubs I would say, Double Ka...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Where's Icarius carded?
    Maybe he's been delayed because they're actually trying to give him a crotch that won't limit his legs movements ?

Just hoping it's the case. But with Mattel, I'm not holding my breath...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    In the garbage?

Check the thread's name, i'm sure you thought you were on the songster support thread

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Maybe he's been delayed because they're actually trying to give him a crotch that won't limit his legs movements ?

Just hoping it's the case. But with Mattel, I'm not holding my breath...
    what are you talking about?? how do you remotely know what kind of movement that figure will have? looks they did his crotch no different than bows

is there anything you are ever happy with this line? why do you collect it?

Heroic Warrior
    what are you talking about?? how do you remotely know what kind of movement that figure will have? looks they did his crotch no different than bows
    Yes, exactly. And Bow's legs movements (juts like Hssss's) were hindered by the kind of crotch he got.

is there anything you are ever happy with this line? why do you collect it?
    I'm totally entitled to collect the line the way I want, to be siletimes happy and sometimes not, and to express my opinion. This is what a forum is all about, so please learn how to deal and live with it.

Yes, exactly. And Bow's legs movements (juts like Hssss's) were hindered by the kind of crotch he got.
    what kind of poses are you trying to put them in? and what is so different about the movement of those vs the furry underwear types?

im really asking here, b/c i have had no problems putting Bow and Hsss in the same positions as the furry shorts folks

Heroic Warrior
    what kind of poses are you trying to put them in? and what is so different about the movement of those vs the furry underwear types?

im really asking here, b/c i have had no problems putting Bow and Hsss in the same positions as the furry shorts folks
    The problem comes from the forward/backward legs movement. Bow and Hssss are totally unable to deliver a straight, front kick. Or to sit, for that matter.

I bought Bow and Hssss, but I was unaware of that problem. No more "limiting crotch" for me, now. I'll pass on characters getting that kind of crotch.

The problem comes from the forward/backward legs movement. Bow and Hssss are totally unable to deliver a straight, front kick. Or to sit, for that matter.
    well really none of the MOTUC can sit and im pretty sure none can really do a um front kick and I have no idea why the guy with a jet pack and rockets would need to do a um front kick.

kind of seems like you are reaching for things to be angry with. I have been on the org for a long time, I have never heard a complaint about these figures not being able to do a um front kick.

Im pretty sure when they designed these figures a um front kick was not part of the plan

I at least can understand peoples complaints about BGEL and the dials on the figure, but I cant wrap my head about the um front kick "issue"

Heroic Warrior
    I have been on the org for a long time, I have never heard a complaint about these figures not being able to a um front kick.
    I'm happy your "happiness criteria" with an action figure are so low that you don't need them to be able to raise their legs forward or sit...

However, that is not my case. I mean, a vast majority of vintage figures (vintage NA figs, vintage X-Men figures etc.) are able to do this (front kick, basic sitting pose). So I just won't accept movement impairment or restriction from an "adult collector" line which boasts to have great articulations.

Vintage Icarius had all of his articulations working perfectly. I expect just the same from MOTUC Icarius.

It is true that MOTUC figures usually don't have a wide sitting or forward kicking ability. But at least, with the traditional furry shorts, it is still possible to achieve this to some extent. Hssss and Bow, on the contrary, can't "perform" this kind of simple movement. And from what I was able to see, it is VERY apparent and obvious Icarius will have the same kind of crotch as King Hssss and Bow. I'm waiting eagerly for his preview (IF we get it in time), but I feel he'll have movement problems, unless the plastic is very soft.

kind of seems like you are reaching for things to be angry with.
    And it kind of seems like you cannot accept that some people may have another opinion than yours, or other quality standards and criteria for their adult collector figures... I SHALL voice my opinion when I'm happy AND when I'm not with the figures. I was happy with Man-E-Faces and (to a lesser extent) with Megator. But for Icarius, it's a totally different matter.
    Last edited by Prahvus; September 16, 2011 at 01:08pm.

I'm happy your "happiness criteria" with an action figure are so low that you don't need them to be able to raise their legs forward or sit...

However, that is not my case. I mean, a vast majority of vintage figures (vintage NA figs, vintage X-Men figures etc.) are able to do this (front kick, basic sitting pose). So I just won't accept movement impairment or restriction from an "adult collector" line which boasts to have great articulations.

Vintage Icarius had all of his articulations working perfectly. I expect just the same from MOTUC Icarius.

It is true that MOTUC figures usually don't have a wide sitting or forward kicking ability. But at least, with the traditional furry shorts, it is still possible to achieve this to some extent. Hssss and Bow, on the contrary, can't "perform" this kind of simple movement. And from what I was able to see, it is VERY apparent and obvious Icarius will have the same kind of crotch as King Hssss and Bow.

And it kind of seems like you cannot accept that some people may have another opinion than yours, or other quality standards and criteria for their adult collector figures... I SHALL voice my opinion when I'm happy AND when I'm not with the figures. I was happy with Man-E-Faces and (to a lesser extent) with Megator. But for Icarius, it's a totally different matter.
    as you say, you can voice your opinion and shall voice mine.

and i made it pretty clear I think the front kick "issue" is silly.

and Ill drop the issue at that

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah... let's agree to disagree.

Yeah... let's agree to disagree.
    Agreed

I'm so grateful my Nostalgia comes from having these figures MOC. No front leg kick problems here.

I would imagine he will be carded at Power-Con, similar to how Catra was shown carded at C2E2
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    In the garbage?

Diff'rent Strokes. I thought he was one of the coolest new reveals of SDCC.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Diff'rent Strokes. I thought he was one of the coolest new reveals of SDCC.
    Agreed. I wasn't really excited for this character prior to SDCC, but the figure looks pretty slick.

I'll pass on characters getting that kind of crotch.
    Sorry…I LOL'd at that comment!!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!