Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
Check out their answers to your Round 65 questions!
This round of questions were selected by Shokoti's Slave.
Thanks to that fan for their help!
1. Shecky: During the last year or so when someone asked about a particular figure that wasn't confirmed, you would usually say that you couldn't comment on anything beyond a certain upcoming figure. Why then would you make the recent comments on Castle Grayskull when as recently as last month during the SDCC you mentioned that it wasn't in the cards anytime soon?
We wanted to manage expectations. Fans have already been posting "rumors" that CG was going to be shown as early as Power Con and we wanted to avoid disapointing fans by managing expectations of what is in the works as far as line growth.
2. Crusader: Is there a possibility that a small part of Granamyr's production run could be painted green instead of red? Perhaps at a slightly higher price point and using a pre-order system as recently suggested for Castle Grayskull.
We won't be splitting the production but it is possible we could reissue Granamyr in Green down the road just as we could possibly do a flocked Panthor one day. But the fan vote goes first!
3. Shokoti's Slave: What is your process to decide which Filmation characters you'll be making and when?
The MOTUC line is much more of a river vs a mathamatical formula. Luckily fans have been posting Filmation request lists for years so we have a very good idea of who they want. Essentially marking, design and the Horsemen all say down for dinner and discussed fan favorites, personal favorties, character that would make "great toys" and a few wild cards to keep fans on their toes. Then we split the list over the next several years to ensure each year had a great offering from the Filmation bucket!
4. jdscissorhands: The Star Sisters 3-pack seem to have triggered some criticism (expensive item, obscure characters, etc) and many fans attributed the lower 2012 subs selling to its reveal at SDCC. Does it mean that further 2 or 3-packs are doomed or is there still hope for us fans to see more of those in the next few months? For example, a Comet Warrior 3-pack would rock.
Not at all. We already sold enough Star Sister packs in the sub so we are in the clear. If a character pairing calls for a 3 pack (or a 2 pack or any other combo) we could certainly explore that. But nothing to announce right now. This is the beauty of an online toy line. Without retail package limitations we can explore a lot more options for fans when it is called for.
5. grenadaspice: You have mentioned that with the addition of Filmation characters added to the line, it will bump figures off the road map to where the line was originally headed with bios and the time frame of certain figure releases. With the tentative plan being 2-3 Filmation characters released per year, have you considered knocking off 2-3 of the quarterly A-list variants in favor of filling in the new Filmation characters instead so we get more per year?
The Filmation characters did knock other figures off the road map (or rather pushed them out) but we know there is still demand for variants of major characters so we have no intention of just ending these to make way for Filmation. In the long run the idea is to deliver all of the above!