Thread: Rant - sellers who dont honor their prices

Court Magician

Rant - sellers who dont honor their prices

I just have to get this out there because its eating me up. I have on 3 separate occasions in the past 2 months agreed to a price on some very rare Yugoslavian (YUGO!) bootlegs from members located in Eastern Europe here on the .org.

After agreeing on a price, EACH AND EVERY ONE of these sellers ended up backing out due to various lame excuses - in truth, they were likely just offered more $ by someone else and did the dishonorable thing in the end.

I've spent a lot of time and effort tracking down yugo bootlegs, and after months of searching and negotiating I have almost nothing to show for it but a lot of frustration.

A word to sellers - this kind of negative karma always comes back! Im on the verge of just giving up on this line...this will lead to less competition, and less money for sellers in the end. After seeing the prices of recently ended yugo Ebay auctions, Im beginning to think these figures are way overpriced anyways and I dont think I want tto contribute to the inflation.

OK, end rant, hope everyone is having a great Sunday
    Last edited by turkdlit; September 18, 2011 at 05:14pm.

Hey man, I know what your saying about sellers backing, that being said about everything variant wise or mint on card items... People usually back out of deals because of more money.. It's sad but it happens. P.S You should have your Yugo King Randor in a couple weeks! Don't give up.
    Knowledge is power, arm yourself

My feedback ,cool people I've dealt with

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ak+good+trader

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Saw Hordak View Post
    Hey man, I know what your saying about sellers backing, that being said about everything variant wise or mint on card items... People usually back out of deals because of more money.. It's sad but it happens. P.S You should have your Yugo King Randor in a couple weeks! Don't give up.
    Thanks Curt I'm looking forward to that Randor as it will be my only Yugo! Hopefully in the future the people I deal with will be as honorable as you...

I don't know if I'm in the minority but I would never think of backing out of a price which a buyer agrees to pay...I've sold PLENTY of items (mostly star wars) only to have higher offers on them, but I always sell to the original buyer. Unless you have the mind/ethics of a kid, the act of not following through like this really irks me

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    I know what you mean. I once won an item for a pretty good price on ebay, and then the seller refunded me, saying the item got broken when being moved for packaging. The story could be legit, but I'd be surprised really.

I actually had a seller agree to a price and accept my payment only to say that he got a higher offer and wanted me to send him another $100 after I already sent him $200. I told him to shove it and got my money back. Then he had the balls to send a friend request.
    ----------------------------------------------
    MY Collection: (some of it)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=14643

Quote Originally Posted by rougewelder View Post
    I actually had a seller agree to a price and accept my payment only to say that he got a higher offer and wanted me to send him another $100 after I already sent him $200. I told him to shove it and got my money back. Then he had the balls to send a friend request.
    wow. that's ****ing crazy.

Some people are slightly slower than most.
    Knowledge is power, arm yourself

My feedback ,cool people I've dealt with

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ak+good+trader

Quote Originally Posted by turkdlit View Post
    After agreeing on a price, EACH AND EVERY ONE of these sellers ended up backing out due to various lame excuses - in truth, they were likely just offered more $ by someone else and did the dishonorable thing in the end.
    As a buyer I just assume that until I've paid, I haven't really locked up the deal. I also pay as soon as a price is agreed on, just to decrease the likelihood of the deal changing. Even here on the Org, there are just so many buyers - it's really easy for the seller to get a better offer before our deal's done. I wouldn't take it personally though. The sellers are just trying to get as much out of their collection as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by rougewelder View Post
    Ugh, now that would make me angry. Did you have any reason to believe the seller even really got a higher offer? I'd wonder if they didn't just decide to see if they could get more $$$ out of you by playing hardball. That's really ugly.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    A few years back I was dealing with this local guy, going to buy his DS Lite for my brother's girlfriend for Christmas. Anyway, we had a deal all set up, called him and told him we were on our way to pick it up (minutes after he e-mailed the pictures) and we were just stepping out the door and he called back and told us he sold it to someone else for more money.

We were just pawns in his scheme to get this other person to pay more. In the end, we got a cheaper one...brother broke up with his girlfriend, sold it to a mom who needed one immediately because her son lost his. So...it all worked out, but it was VERY frustrating!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post

Ugh, now that would make me angry. Did you have any reason to believe the seller even really got a higher offer? I'd wonder if they didn't just decide to see if they could get more $$$ out of you by playing hardball. That's really ugly.
    The seller was accepting offers at the time so I made an offer. He decided that mine was high enough so I paid him. I sent him an email 2 days later (when he said it was being shipped ) and he said that someone made an offer the night before then gave me a story about needing the money and wanted to take the highet offer. I don't know if there was another offer but I wasn't going to play that game after I paid for the figure so I just flat out told him to send me my payment back.
    ----------------------------------------------
    MY Collection: (some of it)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=14643

i've only done this once, and that was for the first MOTU item i ever sold. The victim was sathomaso but i don't think he was ever mad at me

WoW so many problems with yugo bootleg buying...
    the right place for yugo bootleg fans www.motuyugobootleglexikon.com