Thread: Any chance Matty will reopen the Collectors Choice sub???

Any chance Matty will reopen the Collectors Choice sub???

I missed the final sale date because I got stuck in the airport in New York for two days due to cancelled flights. I'm so angry at myself for not subbing earlier, but I never thought something like that would have happened to me to. Any chance they will reopen the sub for a week like has happened in the past or do you think there's no chance since it went 75% over the target?
    Last edited by SuperMario; August 15, 2015 at 09:26pm. Reason: typo

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
    I missed the final sale date because I got stuck in the airport in New York for two days due to cancelled flights. I'm so angry at myself for not subbing earlier, but I never thought something like that would have happened to me to. Any chance they will reopen the sub for a week like has happened in the past or do you think there's no chance since it went 75% over the target?
    My sympathies. It's been several days since they confirmed the sub and I haven't seen any word of it reopening. There have been several questions about it on Ask Matty though, so you aren't alone, and hopefully they'll give an answer soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
    There is no reason for them to reopen the sub since it met it's goal in fact mattel says Collectors choice went 75% over the goal so because some people either waited too long to subscribe or just forgot even though it was on sale for a month is no reason for mattel to hold up production of the figures by reopening the sub.

Mattel needs to give the quantity needed for production to the factory in china right after the sub passes so that the factory can start tooling the molds and getting the figures into production.

There are many org members who purchased multiple subscriptions, Your best bet would be to check the orgs marketplace asking if anyone is willing so sell an extra sub.
    Looking forward to the rest of 2016 with Collectors Choice, Club Grayskull & Thundercats.........Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

Zero to none.

I couldn't complete checkout because the international shipping options kept constantly refreshing. This happened on two different platforms I used to access the internet. I'd appreciate it if subs were reopened.

Totally Dyslexic
    My guess is they are happy it went through and since it went trough with flying colors they are focusing on the FILMATION 2.0 sub and the Thundercats sub to make them a success as well.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    There are plenty of folks who bought extra subs. Talk to those folks

Nope!!! Maybe if the sub didn't make it, but it went through and Mattel is happy with that!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Yeah them saying it went 75% OVER what they needed tells me they probably don't need to re-open them, especially considering they confirmed that the figures will get a limited amount of day of sale stock. They will just assume folks who didn't sub will buy the figures at their monthly sales.

Niki made a good point too. They will now be concentrating on the Filmation and ThunderCats subs and won't want the CC sub to compete with those (evident with the Filmation sub not going up at the same time). They probably assume anyone who didn't sub to CC for whatever reason, might subscribe to the Filmation sub in October instead.
    At this point I just HOPE for Dylamug and Hunga the Harpy!

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Zero to none.
    They've reopened the subs almost every year AFTER they've gone through. I don't see why this year would be an exception.
    Check out my blog, Toy Review Daily: A New Toy Review, 366 Days a Year! http://www.toyreviewdaily.com

Quote Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
    They've reopened the subs almost every year AFTER they've gone through. I don't see why this year would be an exception.
    No, they only did it twice (maybe 3 times) in the all the years of subs & mini-subs. That was due to the fact the sub failed to reach the minimum and they needed to get a few more to get to at least 100%. The fact that this one did so well means there is zero reason to do so again.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Will the sub re-open?

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    No, they only did it twice (maybe 3 times) in the all the years of subs & mini-subs. That was due to the fact the sub failed to reach the minimum and they needed to get a few more to get to at least 100%. The fact that this one did so well means there is zero reason to do so again.
    That's not so. The main sub has been reopened before to add additional subscribers after is passed, and also to promote add-on subs.
    Check out my blog, Toy Review Daily: A New Toy Review, 366 Days a Year! http://www.toyreviewdaily.com

Heroic Warrior
    The full main sub for 2012 was reopened again for a window in the fall, but it had already met its minimum. One of the ramifications of that was that there were a ton of late figures that year.

After the 2013 sub began, they opened it up again so that people could buy a half year of it. Beginning with Clamp Champ if I remember correctly.

The 2015 sub, when it hit only 90% was opened up again for a week or so.

So unless I've forgotten, its only been 3 times. Its hardly a regular practice. I highly doubt they will open it up again this year. The best we might hope for is for them to open it up to sell a half-year sub or so, but that doesn't seem likely either.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    The full main sub for 2012 was reopened again for a window in the fall, but it had already met its minimum. One of the ramifications of that was that there were a ton of late figures that year.

After the 2013 sub began, they opened it up again so that people could buy a half year of it. Beginning with Clamp Champ if I remember correctly.

The 2015 sub, when it hit only 90% was opened up again for a week or so.

So unless I've forgotten, its only been 3 times. Its hardly a regular practice. I highly doubt they will open it up again this year. The best we might hope for is for them to open it up to sell a half-year sub or so, but that doesn't seem likely either.
    Yep and those 3 times kinda have reasoning behind them (whether just speculation or not)

2012: Many folks did not receive their Fisto and/or Sorceress and folks said they were cancelling their subs after that fiasco. I think some folks also said the same once they had Shadow Weaver in hand because they did not believe in being forced into committing $500+ for such an important character. Maybe Mattel needed to re-sell the subs of those who bailed on them? They did seem to have plenty of stock of the April-December figures after so it certainly makes sense.

2013: A lot of folks did not want to spend $75 on the Fighting Foe Men and were dead against them. Again they threatened to cancel once they had Ram Man, Jitsu and King He-Man in hand. Just before the FFM were about to be released, Mattel decided to sell sub lite subscriptions... (beginning in April with Hydron and FFM I believe), again to re-sell subs of those who bailed out?

2015: The sub hit 90% and was re-opened in the hope of making it to 100%
    Last edited by blackiecats; August 16, 2015 at 03:29pm.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Yep and those 3 times kinda have reasoning behind them (whether just speculation or not)

2012: Many folks did not receive their Fisto and/or Sorceress and folks said they were cancelling their subs after that fiasco. I think some folks also said the same once they had Shadow Weaver in hand because they did not believe in being forced into committing $500+ for such an important character. Maybe Mattel needed to re-sell the subs of those who bailed on them? They did seem to have plenty of stock of the April-December figures after so it certainly makes sense.

2013: A lot of folks did not want to spend $75 on the Fighting Foe Men and were dead against them. Again they threatened to cancel once they had Ram Man, Jitsu and King He-Man in hand. Just before the FFM were about to be released, Mattel decided to sell sub lite subscriptions... (beginning in April with Hydron and FFM I believe), again to re-sell subs of those who bailed out?

2015: The sub hit 90% and was re-opened in the hope of making it to 100%
    All this ^^^^^^^^^ is 100 correct. Mattel has NEVER and I mean NEVER reopend a subscription after its passed without reason like the above referenced. The factories in china need the Order submitted to them right after the sub passes to know just how many of each character needed to go into production and right now the molds are being tooled For the parts needed.

To reopen the sub for a hand full of people who either waited too long to subscribe, forgot to subscribe or waited for it to pass before wanting to subscribe is foolish as it will only through off the production time table and then figures don't arrive on time for the right month.

These people asking for the sub to reopen need to hit up their fellow collectors who bought multiple subs because I'm sure those who bough 10 subs or more would be more than willing to sell off a few subscriptions.
    Looking forward to the rest of 2016 with Collectors Choice, Club Grayskull & Thundercats.........Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

Missed the sub this year.
    I was busy with planning for a work trip (military), and meant to order when I was away, but didn't have internet access.

Try MOTUManiac as I think he said he bought extras. Wayne-Klops might be able to help too? Though Matty will have day of sale stock too (though it will mean getting Despara from a reseller if you want her as well)

I don't see them opening again,it will just create late figures next year. They will focus on the next sub.

I would pm yodafreakmaster or motu maniac,they bought extras and always get stuck with stuff. In fact if you look at the percent that 2015 made it by,then look at the subs those two bought last year.....thank them for 2015,thus everything that follows. Please check with them about extras,they helped us out,let's help them out.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

I don't mind getting them on day of sale or eBay. But my worries are with Despara and the Horde Wraith. Do you guys think this two are going to get shadow weaver/fisto crazy prices ?

Quote Originally Posted by notaniceboy View Post
    I don't mind getting them on day of sale or eBay. But my worries are with Despara and the Horde Wraith. Do you guys think this two are going to get shadow weaver/fisto crazy prices ?
    Despair a,will be tough,I can't see her higher than $100,maybe even around just $60 or so. Wraith....depends on the day of sale amounts,if they have very few,that and many of them could go high.

If you want the entire sub,I suggest the market place. Many just want what they paid,you may get a good price on the entire sub from someone.

I think the days of fans having to buy extra subs so the line continues is done. They in turn had to sell many figures below cost. I think many were hoping for this so they could get deals,but thankfully that page has turned.

I remember in 2011,day of sale was almost nothing. They figured everyone that wanted them subbed. That could happen again.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Despair a,will be tough,I can't see her higher than $100,maybe even around just $60 or so. Wraith....depends on the day of sale amounts,if they have very few,that and many of them could go high.

If you want the entire sub,I suggest the market place. Many just want what they paid,you may get a good price on the entire sub from someone.

I think the days of fans having to buy extra subs so the line continues is done. They in turn had to sell many figures below cost. I think many were hoping for this so they could get deals,but thankfully that page has turned.

I remember in 2011,day of sale was almost nothing. They figured everyone that wanted them subbed. That could happen again.
    Agreed, speaking for myself 2016 will be the first year I'm not in for multiple subs. I'm selling quite a few below cost from this year.

Right before the first figure of a sub ships, they email everyone to have them confirm their payment info. You can buy extra subs in this way (I did it accidentally one year).

I wonder if new people could buy subs if this link was shared around.