Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would be in for a fan create a character/ concept character mini-sub?

Who would be in for a fan create a character/ concept character mini-sub?

I thought the create a character contest was pretty cool, even my kids were sketching up wild and crazy ideas for characters for months. I thought some of the designs that were in the top picks were pretty awesome. I know people have there threads for like raj-jar and bubblor but some of the other ones major header and gangstor were neat too. Matty said at the time they were working on different ideas on how to release some of the concepts via an art book or other ways but since then we've heard nothing more. Now the 30th anniversary concept character were ok but I really loved seeing what the fans came up with more. I know everyone has their favorite characters (mine fisto) and most of them are made and if yours isn't I hope it is soon, but I would like to see some new blood fresher concepts added to this line. Maybe Matty can pick the top 20 designs and let we the fans vote for the 6 to be made for the sub.
    Any thoughts?

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Yes, definitely! But I'd say let us vote amongst the top 100 or so designs. No offense to the runners up (some of the designs I liked), but I know much better concepts are out there. Mattel is sitting on a creative goldmine with those old CAC entries. Would love to see what else we came up with.

Aside Of Drago-Man That last create a character sub stunk. So No I would not subscribe to another sub like this.
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

it stunk because it was scott wanting to make his personal character. With the new transparency policy they could have a couple of artists make up about 20 character drawings based off of the fans creation then open voting. once voting was complete you would know and have seen whats being offered before you bought as opposed to hay we have somethings we would like to do trust us and buy it.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Aside Of Drago-Man That last create a character sub stunk. So No I would not subscribe to another sub like this.
    That's because most of the other characters in that sub were created by people who didn't really understand the property. I mean that with the most sincerity and no ill will.

When I created and submitted my entries, my approach was this - If I was working for Mattel in the 1980's and had to create new characters that needed to sell under the Masters of the Universe banner, what would I submit to keep my job and make money?

Cy-Chop, Sir Laser Lot, and the Mighty Spector would simply not have done the trick. Draego-Man did because, as simple as he was concept wise, he felt like something we were missing in the line and should have had all along.

I have faith a lot of entries were very well thought out and along the lines of Draego-Man. I felt like mine were, and I know there are much more creative folks than I am, so Mattel has a goldmine of concepts that I'd love to finally see.

Yes I would support this. I love the Hordor concept figure and think Rajar and the headless guy would make awesome figures. As well as Muck-man.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I think it could make an amazing sub if done right.

If Mattel could find a way to let the fans see and vote on the submissions from the last Create-A-Character contest, I'm sure we'd get 6 amazing figures out of it.

As for the runner ups, I'd love to see Three-Beast and Bubblor.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Heck yeah I would. I think that would be an awesome mini-sub!!!

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    King Hssss snake torso, Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Master Sebrian, Tuvar, Badrah, Stridor, & Snake Mountain Man.

MOST WANTED PCS statues: Mer-Man, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Ram Man, Tri-Klops, & Two-Bad.

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

I loved all the runner ups, so I would definitely support such a sub!!

The runner ups like Major header, Three Beast, Bubblor, Rajar were really cool. Stylistically they seemed to really fit motu. Wasnt terribly a fan of Gangstor...seemed to fit Silverhawks better.

Heroic Warrior
    I want this. I drew something up like 18 years ago, would like to see it entered. But he is basic compared to major header and the like. Regardless, I'm down for this. Like a 6 pc sub.

well I obviously support this idea!

I think it would be neat to have a whole running line of Create a Characters... imagine if we did this constantly, with lots of fan voting and involvement, and several figures a year being created that way? It's like all those 'personalized figures' that are the rage now at Disney and TRU and such, just much cooler.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I would like a line of those we've seen in the past but I wouldn't sub. I'd just buy the ones I like.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Give me Ra-Jar! Then i sub 10 x.
    Last edited by Feast-Man; July 25, 2015 at 08:41am.
    action features for action figures!

YES, especially if it will get me RA-JAR.
    Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos!

Yes, I want new characters. I'd also like to see Mattel and the 4H generate some new guys as well.

Definitely yes!

I know it's heresy, but Bubblor, Ra-Jar, Major Header, and Three Beast are higher on my wish list than most of the vintage media figures for me at this point!

Community voting (to make sure we get the right characters) would be cool - but I'd also be up for a kickstarter model per character - as soon as any given character has enough backing, BOOM, we all get him/her!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I would like a line of those we've seen in the past but I wouldn't sub. I'd just buy the ones I like.
    ^^^This^^^
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

I'm in, I'd love a Major header, Three Beast, Bubblor, and Rajar! They were all cool designs and would be a great way to include some new characters in MOTUC that aren't from that painful SOH line, Spector, Laser Lot, UNO, King He-man, Skeleteen, He-Ro II, and the rest are IMHO not worthy of the MOTU brand. I also love the idea of opening the remaining two slots to a fan vote in order to round out the mini-sub, I'd be excited to see what the other top fan designs looked like.

P.S. It still stings that International fans were not allowed to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Yes, definitely! But I'd say let us vote amongst the top 100 or so designs. No offense to the runners up (some of the designs I liked), but I know much better concepts are out there. Mattel is sitting on a creative goldmine with those old CAC entries. Would love to see what else we came up with.
    Nah, better designs or not, the ones that have been chosen and graced with minicomic appearances are clearly the designs we are talking about. Anything else is wasted talk.

- - - Updated - - -

I think in the spirit of the contest none of them should get made. Period.

That being said because of the minicomics now I see them as "legit" and could accept their inclusion.

Sure, I'd support it. Particularly if they included new faction stickers representing their Minicomic designations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ksharpe View Post
    The runner ups like Major header, Three Beast, Bubblor, Rajar were really cool. Stylistically they seemed to really fit motu. Wasnt terribly a fan of Gangstor...seemed to fit Silverhawks better.
    Hated Gangstor. Since he is not included now (thank the goddess) game on!

Personally this is not something I'd be interested in. I'd much rather them focus on the remaining existing characters.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Nope - not for me!!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Anything to get me a Bubblor!

Bubblor, Ra-Ja, Major Header would all make amazing figures.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    As long as Major Header and Ra-Jar are involved, I'm in!! :^)

Heroic Warrior
    This could be a great idea, look at the four horsemen 'fan'tastic exclusive, works great for them and ( as said above) we get to pick from a line up of awesome ideas , maybe a new competition for the sub exclusive , to give more fans a chance at CGSM like opportunity

- - - Updated - - -

Just think Ork, Minotaur, dwarf, cyborg zombie, elf ( on a prince Adam type buck )