Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New video from Toyguru:Video: 2015 Club Eternia Is a GO!

New video from Toyguru:Video: 2015 Club Eternia Is a GO!

Video: 2015 Club Eternia Is a GO!: http://youtu.be/jJ5kS7sPShM

Now thats one passionate brand manager!
    Welcome to my Shapeways shop (Filmation inspired heads and accessories)
    http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eternalcustoms
    My facebook page:
    https://m.facebook.com/eternalcustoms
    Most Wanted MOTUC: Dragstor, Kittrina, Lizard man, Blast Attack, Angella, Dragoon

Heroic Warrior Wonderbread He-Man's Avatar
    Good video. And I agree with you. For all the conspiracies and accusations that fly around about him and the MOTU machine over at Matty, he's pretty much come across to me as a rather straight up guy. MOTU is more of a labour of love for him, and I just can't see a toy company hatching nefarious plans in order to keep a tiny drop-in-the-bucket line afloat. MOTU has always been a heavily fan driven property after the 80s (Is that a good or bad sign?) so I can see how much he has to rely on us to keep the machine turning. And to the benefit of all involved, we managed to come through. Again. I hope people can appreciate what that really means.
    Last edited by Wonderbread He-Man; August 29, 2014 at 03:00am. Reason: spelling

Great Video!! Now to see all the other reveals!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Those figures look really great lined up like that. King Hssss in particular looks great even without his snake half. Really looking forward to 2015
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

oo-lar feels those nunchucks

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    I think he's just bummed that he let Huntara steal his axe.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Sad that someone still feels obliged to post "you suck" under the video...
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I'll have to check it out later. I am still kind of surprised we didn't get a video form him before the subs were up, though. They extended the deadline, but, other than that, Mattel and TG really didn't seem to do much to push the subs this time around. It's nice to see a victory dance, but I could see some arguing the video is a week too late...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I'll have to check it out later. I am still kind of surprised we didn't get a video form him before the subs were up, though. They extended the deadline, but, other than that, Mattel and TG really didn't seem to do much to push the subs this time around. It's nice to see a victory dance, but I could see some arguing the video is a week too late...
    I think Mattel thought the sub was going to go through fine based on early numbers. Looks like the sub drive was front loaded this time around.

Scott was also tied up with personal things going on at the end of the sub drive.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

I have to disagree with this mentality that many have that Mattel did not advertise this year. They had pictures up more than ever on Facebook and Twitter. They had the video they showed at the Mattypalooza. The Matty site had splash pages all the time about the sub. We knew they weren't going to be producing TV commercials or ads in comics/magazines, so for what their limited resources allowed them, they did push it more than any other year that I've seen.

The only thing that was missing was the "scare tactics", which many complained the past two years had turned them off.
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

I agree.
    ------------

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I really don't understand what good a video would have done anyway. Not that additional advertising efforts are ever a bad thing, but really it would have just circulated the same usual websites, forums, and social media pages that already know about and talk about MOTUC. The information on what the 2015 sub entailed has been known for quite some time, and more so than any previous year, for the most part we pretty much know what's coming, short of maybe a very small handful of surprises.

The line is at a point where all that is left is mostly D-list characters. This line up wasn't going to bring new people to the line, no matter how they heard about it. A video wouldn't change that. And everyone else knows the score.

It wouldn't have made any real difference. It would have just been redundant info.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by redsquadron View Post
    "Haters gonna hate." -- Benjamin Franklin
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Im so stoked! 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I hear you- which is why most of the usual suspects are in my 'ignore' list...
    Quote Originally Posted by redsquadron View Post
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Say what you want,but this guy gave us the largest motu line ever,the greatest dc line ever,the only ghostbusters movie line,the watchmen line and in my opinion the best voltron ever made. Scott is a success when it comes to the adult collector.

Now let's see what he does with the real ghostbusters and the new masters line.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    "Haters gonna hate." -- Benjamin Franklin

What a great video! Scott really does seem amped over the sub going through and genuinely happy as a fan!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Bless him, he has had some spectacular **** ups, but he is made up. Just hopes he gives us a solid attempt at Real Ghostbusters, some out of Sub MOTU items for 2015 and works on something to replace this awesome line.

Love the video. It looks like TG has beat the hell out of those prototypes though, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    He keeps pronouncing MOTU as "Mowchew."
    I pronounce it, "Masters of the Universe" because I have enough time to.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    I always say "He-Man."
    Even when someone asks you a question which has nothing to do with him???
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.