Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red Beast support/speculation

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    If he's unique enough, send me one!
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    I'd love to see Red Beast! And I wouldn't mind if a little influence from Alcala Beast Man made it into the design.

http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll...y/281_full.jpg

As to Gygor, someone on Mattycollector pointed something out that TG talked about. There's a decided gray area if you read the bios closely. Evil-Lyn released Gygor, but things didn't really go as planned. Gygor isn't working for Skeletor at all. So who knows? Maybe he joined The Masters after all.
    this is actually what I thought Red Beast was. This exact red beastman. But this bear thing is red beast? OR what is?

Either way I was saying RED BEASTman. I'd take one, if only to ride the Gryphon.

BUt I'm curious what this thing actually is.

I wasn't fussed about getting a Red Best in this line at all until I saw him in the third new mini-comic. Now I really want him and am dying to ready a bio for him, is he the leader of his race like others in that panel, maybe even on Randor's council or his he the only Red Beast allied with the Masters, it looks like he might even be leading a group of beast men. I only want him as a regular size figure though, no need for him to be oversized IMO.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I had bought an extra Gygor to make this custom but the more i think about it, i dont like the gorilla body for him (I'll just use it for the red gygor instead). I would like it either on the Grizzlor body or more if they were to make him larger a new bear style beast.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    I'd love to see Red Beast! And I wouldn't mind if a little influence from Alcala Beast Man made it into the design.

http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll...y/281_full.jpg
    This! I want a full on Alcala set of early Evil Warriors (and Heroic Warriors). Let's get a MAA with the dark gray instead of green clothing as well.

Snappy Threader
    Oh yeah, gotta have this guy. The look is cool and we need more of this type of character in the line.

I would hope that, after getting Vikor and Demo-Man, they'd finish this trio and give us Red Beast. They really need to. Even if it is a non-sub item. I want him.

I am a little confused as to why he appeared to be a good guy in the mini-comics. Hopefully he is evil, and was just teaming up with the good guys, like Skeletor did, to defeat Hordak and King Hssss.

I personally would like to see him oversized, and with a brand new "bear buck". He looks like he should be a huge, berzerker that was used in pit fighting. The "bear-buck" could be reused for other beasts like the Ice Hacker or the Purple Beast that He-Man (Oolarr) fights to save the Goddess in the first mini-comic. If they make him standard sized, they shouldn't give him fur like Grizzlor, because that was HIS gimmick and no one else should have it but Grizzlor. Sculpt him to look just like the drawing, and I'll be fine with it.

I hope they make Red Beast, soon. Vikor and Demo-Man look pretty cool together, and I'd like to see the trio completed. Hopefully he was slotted into 2013 before all the complaining about concept figures changed the roadmap.

Honestly, after Jitsu it's the never-before-made figures that will mainly keep my interest in the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    i do agree 'bout red beast being one the demo man's fighting foe men.

looking at his unproduced ancestor, i'd say regular size more than large beast.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3193/782223.jpg

he's a kind of mix between beast man and grizzlor: maybe 4h could give him the
    same fur of grizzlor and a larger buck (ā la leech) to make him more unique.
    He should be bigger because you forget Big Jim was 9" tall..Re-Use the Gygor buck (modified)

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    The Red Beast is *essential*, IMO. It is the third concept sketch character that defined the feel of early MOTU, if not the look.

Mark Taylor's 3 sketches (Vikor, Demo-Man and Red Beast), Roger Sweet's mock up Trio (Vykron), and Tony Guerrero's original prototype sculpt (Son of Vikor?) would be an amazing display for everyone's MOTUC collection, and I sincerely hope Scott can eek out these last two somehow before the line is put to bed.
    My MOTU Classics Wishlist:
    Filmation - LIZARD MAN, Kittrina, Vultak, Zilora, Ileena, Masque
    Space Mutants - CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead, Lizzor, Hoove
    MYP - VEENA, Evilseed, Prahvus
    Concept - RED BEAST, 4H alien 'Zodaq', Tony Guerrero Prototype

I would support both The Red Beast and Alcala Beast Man in MOTUC. I would like them in regular figure size.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Tung Lashor, Queen Angela & Lodar

Quote Originally Posted by AXOR View Post
    My support for Red Beast!
    Support this concept as an action figure! --^
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

I'm for it.

Red Beast is in the mini comic as a FULL sized beast so that's how he should be not some normal figure....

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Red Beast is in the mini comic as a FULL sized beast so that's how he should be not some normal figure....
    He looks like a standard-sized character to me, in the comic.

Anyway, the wait for this guy is ridiculous. 3 years since Vikor, 2 years since Demo-man. Red Beast is definitely in my top 3 wants at this point in the line so I hope they get to him.

I think reusing Gygor's body, gives Red Beast more chances of being released, because that way it can be faithful to the concept of Mark Taylor, without the need for too many new molds. Also, with a larger size he would differ from Beast Man and Grizzlor, and besides, who wouldn't like a big red beast among its Classics?

Red Beast 2.jpg

I think reusing Gygor's body, gives Red Beast more chances of being released, because that way it can be faithful to the concept of Mark Taylor, without the need for too many new molds. Also, with a larger size he would differ from Beast Man and Grizzlor, and besides, who wouldn't like a big red beast among its Classics?

Red Beast 2.jpg

It would be Awesome Axel!
    I totally support THE RED BEAST !!!!!!!!

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar

Red Beast 2.jpg
    That's an amazing piece of art! All Hail Red Beast!
    My MOTU Classics Wishlist:
    Filmation - LIZARD MAN, Kittrina, Vultak, Zilora, Ileena, Masque
    Space Mutants - CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead, Lizzor, Hoove
    MYP - VEENA, Evilseed, Prahvus
    Concept - RED BEAST, 4H alien 'Zodaq', Tony Guerrero Prototype