Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Questions about Icarius, Snout Spout, BG Evil Lyn or Bubble Power SheRa?

Court Magician

Any Questions about Icarius, Snout Spout, BG Evil Lyn or Bubble Power SheRa?

Got a new batch of Mattel samples in yesterday and have cracked them open and shot them all-

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...he-afi-archive

Anyone have any questions about them?

Yee haw! Looking over Snout Spout's page.

Snout Spout looks awesome! I know some people think he's stupid, but I love him...he's one of those crazy fun characters that makes MOTU great.

He's got such a loveable goofiness to him...just looking at him makes the kid in me smile. Can't wait to own him!
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Great, thanx.

Are Snout Spout's eyes stickers or are they painted?

Has She-Ra's cape the same colour as her hair? I thought it should be golden?
    Last edited by Xetheus; September 21, 2011 at 07:01am.

Heroic Warrior
    Re: BP She-Ra

Do the "slits" on the sides of She-Ra's skirt appear as though they will further "tear" over time?

Is She-Ra's "white dress" (once the BP "armour" is removed) essentially identical to She-Ra V1.0's "white dress" apart from extra detail on the belt?

Is there any obvious use for the pink ... thing that comes with BP She-Ra or is it simply a MOTUC version of the accessory that came with the original BP She-Ra figure?

Is BP She-Ra's head easily "swappable" with the heads from She-Ra V1.0?

Re: Snout Sprout

Is Snout Sprout's trunk articulated? If it's not articulated, is it soft enough that with hot water it could possible be re-positioned?

Is She-Ra's sword ultra bendy? (Hopefully not)

Very cool! Snout Sout looks great! He was always one of my favorites as a kid. From the look of it, he seems to have a flexible nose with a poseable wire inside, kind of like King Hiss? I wondered if BG Evil-Lynn's spell hand was soft like Catras's?

I second the Evil Lyn Hand Question... Please Toygods, don't let it be gummy!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Also, wondering if The Bubble Power armor will fit on the first release of She-Ra.

I'm not feeling Snout Spout. Nothing against him as a character, but the end figure looks like someone in a pretty plain outfit with a big roboto elephant mask on.

Sigh. The 200X staction really improved him so much. To go back to this, is just... underwhelming.

Seriously considering this being the first vintage character I skip. Might just use the staction with my current lineup. :/

Master of my own Domain
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    I'm not feeling Snout Spout. Nothing against him as a character, but the end figure looks like someone in a pretty plain outfit with a big roboto elephant mask on.

Sigh. The 200X staction really improved him so much. To go back to this, is just... underwhelming.

Seriously considering this being the first vintage character I skip. Might just use the staction with my current lineup. :/
    agreed, looks like another easy pass for me.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JuliusMarx View Post
    Got a new batch of Mattel samples in yesterday and have cracked them open and shot them all-

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...he-afi-archive

Anyone have any questions about them?
    Not really a question but a remark: You attached Icarius' missiles to the wrong arm.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Thanks for the pictures Daniel! Snout Spout looks so cool. Crazy and goofy, sure, but I'm really looking forward to him. The details on Icarius/Flipshot look pretty awesome. I love the transparent visor. I can't remember if that was on the prototype at SDCC. Battleground Evil-Lyn looks well done, even if she's not 200X accurate.

Give him a chance...he may grow on you! His bio says something about him being very conscious of his appearance, so making him look badass would kind of defeat that...he's kind of Frankensteinish after what the Horde did to him...he's to be pitied if anything. I think that's why he looks so sad.

That's what makes him so cool to me...he has to work twice as hard at being a hero to overcome people's perceptions of him based on his appearance.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Yeah, would also love to hear if the previous she ra head has no problems fitting on the new she ra neck peg. Is the hair as hard than the first she ra?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    Yeah, would also love to hear if the previous she ra head has no problems fitting on the new she ra neck peg. Is the hair as hard than the first she ra?
    I second this question. How hard is it to get She-Ra's Filmation head on this new peg?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Oh, me me! Question: How far can Icarius's legs move forward? Is he restricted at all?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar

Agreed. I may make this my first Vintage pass... More Mattel directing 4H creative, I'm guessing.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Master of my own Domain
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Agreed. I may make this my first Vintage pass... More Mattel directing 4H creative, I'm guessing.
    I'm not complaining or blaming Mattel. It is the classics line after all. I'm sure some peeps will be plenty happy with this figure.

Court Magician
    Bubble Power SheRa-
    -Her cape is more golden than her hair. But not a gold as her boots, shield and sword.
    -This new sword is MUCH sturdier than the first release.
    -No real practicality to the bubble wand... just blowing tiny bubbles. Or I GUESS you could use it to eat cereal if you really wanted to.
    -The side dress slits do not appear to be prone to tearing. It feels pretty sturdy while still remaining flexible.
    -BP SheRa's dress is more white than the first release. The skirt part doesn't have as many folds. BP dress has the site slits. It's a new dress/sculpt with the crest redone (smaller center jewel) and a more detailed belt.
    -Head is easily swappable with the first release (mine was anyway)
    -BP armor DOES fit on the first release.
    -Hair is slightly more flexible than first release, but not by much.

Snout Spout-
    -Eyes are painted. Not stickers.
    -His trunk is bendy with a wire inside. It seems to be made out of the same material as the SDCC Stay Puft Marshmellow Man.

Icarius
    -I have the missile weapon on the same arm as he has it on in the package.
    -His legs will go decently forward. He can get into almost a full sitting position.

Battle Ground EL
    -Her spell hand is sturdier than Catra's.

Quote Originally Posted by JuliusMarx View Post
    His legs will go decently forward. He can get into almost a full sitting position.
    Fantastic! That was my only fear. VERY much looking forward to him!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Does BG Evil_lyn's powered up staff head glow in the dark?
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Is the gold on BP She-Ra's armor a paint op or is the armor cast in a gold colored plastic?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    Snout Spout looks awesome! I know some people think he's stupid, but I love him...he's one of those crazy fun characters that makes MOTU great.

He's got such a loveable goofiness to him...just looking at him makes the kid in me smile. Can't wait to own him!
    Yes, he is such a crazy-looking character that only MOTU can have! I like him too - totally MOTU! With so many attacks on the Royal Palace you need to have a heroic fire-fighter at hand.

(btw. IMO it would be fun if they released fire-fighter palace guards to match SnoutSpout)