Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Fall of Eternia, what happened?

The Fall of Eternia, what happened?

In the Pixel Dan walk through Scott said 2014 was to have had a media rich Fall of Eternia event but it fell through. I personally was very bummed to hear this. Honestly I would rather have not known about this. However, what do you think caused the idea to halt? My thoughts are that THQ going out of business might have been a factor, I believe they had the license for Motu video games. I'd assume the video game missing would kill a large portion of the cross platform exposure. Any other ideas?

I don't know, but it could've been fun. SOTE was fun back in 1996 for us Star Wars fans. At least we'll see some of the goodies, from the comic to the mini KHM...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

It's possible that the new overall head of brand management didn't like what the Motu brand manager had lined up in this media.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    It's possible that the new overall head of brand management didn't like what the Motu brand manager had lined up in this media.
    Please sir, elaborate

Hmm....could Fall of Eternia be some clever idea to retcon the Alcala and Texiera minicomics' into being set in the future?

The drop off in subscribers a couple of years ago (resulting in the 2014-15 tie up of the line) might have had something to do with it.

Heroic Warrior
    There's the Reign of King Skeletor to come as well. Which was already mentioned on a map. Fall could come around then. I think it's sounding great. Out with the fluff and in with the grit.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Like.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

On the one hand, it's kinda sad to see a missed opportunity, especially when I feel that Mattel will have to branch out if it wants to stay relevant.

On the other hand, because of Mattel's unwillingness to branch out, I don't feel it would have been likely that they would have gotten good game developers and stuff anyway. Not trying to be pessimistic, just that as a gamer first, I've seen that happen too many times even with companies with lots of experience, let alone a company like Mattel that seems hesitant to adapt.

Not trying to imply nothing is better than something either, but I feel it's very likely we would have looked back on Fall of Eternia with regret, and not necessarily through any fault of Toyguru himself. I'd really like something like that to have happened and worked out though, don't get me wrong. I still think this is the general direction Masters of the Universe needs to go if it ever wants to be taken seriously again, but if it's not done just right, it won't matter.
    Last edited by Master Jokubas; July 30, 2014 at 07:04am.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lemur View Post
    There's the Reign of King Skeletor to come as well. Which was already mentioned on a map. Fall could come around then. I think it's sounding great. Out with the fluff and in with the grit.
    I guess the Reign of King Skeletor happens during the Fall of Eternia events. If I remember properly, the map features Skeletor's head with horns, kind of like Skeletor's look at the end of the mini-comic "He-Man vs Skeletor: their final battle".
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

It looks like this was going to focus on the sun of He-Man era. I think they felt that the fans would not support it, so they pulled the plug.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Queen Angela, Lodar & Hunga the Harpy

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker95 View Post
    Hmm....could Fall of Eternia be some clever idea to retcon the Alcala and Texiera minicomics' into being set in the future?
    Love this idea, very smart,

Could be tho, that the idea was to far from the new movie script and as said above the big bosses pulled the plug

Quote Originally Posted by Joker95 View Post
    I like it, but no. Since the King He-Man mini was meant to tie into Fall of Eternia, it seems like FoE would lead up to He-Ro Son of He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by lemur View Post
    Isn't that set during the time when the Masters go underground, as rebels? That's before New Adventures. Unless they have Skeletor take over twice?

This is why it would be nice to have a fleshed-out storyline, instead of a jigsaw puzzle that jumps all over the timeline.

I, too, was extremely sad about this bit of info. An era to bridge the gap between New Adventures and Son of He-Man! King He-Man vs Despara! I want this! Not to mention that there are still all of the events that take place on Eternia and Etheria DURING New Adventures. There's still SO MUCH to explore.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Love this idea, very smart,

Could be tho, that the idea was to far from the new movie script and as said above the big bosses pulled the plug
    Yeah, that could be a cool idea to reintroduce the original He-Man. Especially with the frequency that the MOTUC canon is killing the MOTU characters, at the end of the Fall of Eternia no one will stay alive except Skeletor, Beastman and the Sorceress/Green Godess. So after the destruction of Eternia the survivors would be reduced in a state of barbarism like in the first mini comic. In a small tribal village, a mighty tribesman called Oo-Larr, NOT related to royalty, saves a mysterious green skin woman from a monster. After this the Green Goddess tells him the story of the previous era and she gives him the weapons to fight against evil. The real He-Man is back!
    Last edited by granamyr80; July 30, 2014 at 04:25pm.

I think an idea is that, when the line is confirmed to end for real, we just ask Neitlich what he intended for the storyline. Let him talk and geek out about it as much as he wants once he is no longer contractually obligated to string us out.

I seem to remember that originally there would be 2 parts to the Fall of Eternia comic: one drawn by Axel for 2014, the other one drawn by somebody else for 2015. I believe that this second part was already completed as well.

Wasn't it rumored that He-Man would kill off Despara / She-Ra in the end ?
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I've heard that rumor quite a few times at this point. My hope is that if there is truth to the rumor, she emerges from death as Starburst She-Ra..Maybe a transfer of power from Light Hope or something. I don't know. Anything other than having the male hero murder the female hero-gone-bad. You don't kill She-Ra, anymore than you kill He-Man. I won't have it in my house!!!!
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    According to the NA She-Ra bio, Horde Prime's "evil soul" is only bound to She-Ra's "armour". So, all He-Man has to do in order to defeat Despara is to remove her armour. Surely he could manage to do that without killing her?

He-Man could simply tell her that the armour makes her bum look big. Or he could tell her that she has girl germs and needs to take a bath to wash them off. Or he could tell her that her armour is "last season" and that she should be wearing what Teela, Evil-Lyn and the Green Goddess wear as they're at the forefront of Eternian (and Etherian) fashion.

Not even think to kill She-Ra!!!!!!
    If they kill She-Ra, they will kill MOTU!!!!!
    Last edited by Rey Hiss; July 31, 2014 at 02:06am.

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    Given that He-Man and She-Ra appear to be inspired by a character from a Masonic allegory called Hiram I suspect our heroes will meet the same violent end alas. This connection can be seen for example in He-Man's name and the original concept name for She-Ra which was He-Ra. All three of these names begin with H and are of two syllables.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rey Hiss View Post
    Not even think to kill She-Ra!!!!!!
    If they kill She-Ra, they will kill MOTU!!!!!
    Don't worry both He-Man (is already hinted that he is going to be killed by the Unnamed One) and She-Ra are going to be killed in this story. Mattel is making room for Son of He-Man.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    You know what ? I heard this 3 part story from a reliable source ! Here it is (Spoiler Alert) !!

Skeleteen kills EVERY MOTU characters on Eternia & Etheria including his "Daddy" Skeletor & "Mommy" Evil-Lyn, and decides to suicide himself. But in the twist of events, he gets killed by "Cunning" Spector (who escapes with the help of time travelling during Skeleteen's Serial Killing Saga) ! "Cunning" Spector then finally reveals his true form.......... as The Unnamed One !!!

In the last panel, He yells at the remaining people of Eternia by "Come on dumbos.............. didn't I gave you the hint by the colour of my vortex suit that I am indeed………..The Unnamed One" ??
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Anyone else remember how back in the day on this site they had on their look at the minicomics how the idea that Teela was a clone was "the farthest" from cannon you could get? Some day we're going to look back at the MOTUC bios the same way. The bios are only cannon as far as the figures and mini comics this line come with are concerned. As soon as they're separated from their packages the bios largely head out the door. And DC has already proven that other media would be bound by what they want to happen in these bios.