Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kowlometer Updates

Evil Master of Arcades Gamutstreet's Avatar

Kowlometer Updates

Can we start posting the Kowlometer updates in this thread? I didn't see a place for this yet.

Updated:
    7/8 - 38%

KowlMeter38Percent_fullsizeimage.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gamutstreet; July 8, 2014 at 01:26pm. Reason: Update
    Only 4 more that need updating:

Saurod, Blast Attak
    Dragstor, Multi-Bot

Wishing the percentage was included with the meter. Also, does this remind anyone else of the photo from Back to the Future?

Last edited by AdultCollector; July 4, 2014 at 12:15pm.

that's nearly halfway there!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Wishing the percentage was included with the meter. Also, does this remind anyone else of the photo from Back to the Future?
    I have to have that!!!!!!!!

Scott said in the Whispers in The Woods Pod cast they will not be giving percentages on the Kowlometer and the fans can take their best guess.

Since it's the Filmation Kowl that came with loo-kee and the lower blue of his ears are showing along with the tip of the chest feathers i would guess it's at 39% to 40% at this time. Scott said it would be updated on Tuesdays & Thursdays but with the Holiday they only got in the one update.

I'm sure the next Update we see it will be somewhere in the 55% range or higher but don't forget the tip of the top part of Kowls long ears is the goal.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Scott said in the Whispers in The Woods Pod cast they will not be giving percentages on the Kowlometer and the fans can take their best guess.
    Which is kind of silly, and lends even more credence to the thought that the sub is pretty much already a lock (if not totally a lock) to go through, and this is just a Gar and pony show/promotional tactic.

Heroic Warrior
    I would say 33%.....with those large ears....

Well we don't know how super-accurate the image is, but just for fun.

KOWL.jpg

No % updates? Then what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    No % updates? Then what's the point?
    Unless I'm forgetting something, the meters have never had percentages. Just the occasional comment from Scott that "We're at about 75% guys". I may be in error.

I suppose that's true, but it just feels like a kickstarter at this point.

It most likely is going through no matter what. Scott probably pleaded that it was the final year and they'll only make the minimum to get the green light (which is why they can sell out). Using the sell-out tactic gets more sold quicker and they can change that overall number as they reach certain milestones.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    It most likely is going through no matter what. Scott probably pleaded that it was the final year and they'll only make the minimum to get the green light (which is why they can sell out). Using the sell-out tactic gets more sold quicker and they can change that overall number as they reach certain milestones.
    They already make less than the minimum needed for production. Remember they can't go into a factory and say they want only 2,000 or whatever. There are batch minimums that they have to pay for regardless of if they are actually produced. At least, this is what has been indicated to us in the past.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    They already make less than the minimum needed for production. Remember they can't go into a factory and say they want only 2,000 or whatever. There are batch minimums that they have to pay for regardless of if they are actually produced. At least, this is what has been indicated to us in the past.
    Right...so if the minimum is 5000, then the sell-out tactic isn't a lie...but by not giving a number, they can adjust it higher as needed depending on how quick they are selling.

Evil Master of Arcades Gamutstreet's Avatar
    Only 4 more that need updating:

Saurod, Blast Attak
    Dragstor, Multi-Bot

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    Unless I'm forgetting something, the meters have never had percentages. Just the occasional comment from Scott that "We're at about 75% guys". I may be in error.
    I believe the He-Man meter last year had percentages attached to it.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Court Magician
    WHERE on Matty's site is the Kowl-o-Meter????? I can't find it

Quote Originally Posted by quigonnoodle View Post
    When you check the Club Eternia 2015 Sub, there you shall find the Kowl-o-Meter!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOfTeela View Post
    I have to have that!!!!!!!!
    I actually have one!

When the BTTF Trilogy was released on Blu-Ray back in late 2010, there was a limited edition Tin set released in the UK that came with some neat 'swag.' That lenticular photo is one of the items included it in. I imported the tin set from the UK Amazon site back when it came out. The discs are region free, so they will work in any US Blu-Ray player.

The big down side is that this was limited and now goes for quite a bit on the secondary market, so it may be hard to find at a good price.

I have included some images in the spoiler section below. It's a neat set. Please note that the very last pic, which was an official promo pic, is somewhat misleading. All of the posters and so forth shown are technically included, but they cheaped out and made them two sided. So for instance the two vertical posters are actually two sides of the same poster, the two horizontal posters are two sides of the same one, etc.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Right here:

http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com/...0#.U7xKeihMY-4

Court Magician
    Perhaps it shows up in a few places - but for sure it's on the subscription store pages: http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com/...0#.U7xKMY1dWVv

(a little late it seems ... mental note to refresh threads before replying to them

Not much of a jump from last time.

Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    Not much of a jump from last time.
    I don't expect another real jump until SDCC, to be honest. There was an initial push based on the "limited" hype, but if someone has waited this long (and it's obvious they aren't anywhere near sold out) I assume folks waiting are going to continue to wait until we see the reveals.

I'm actually surprised so many sell before comic-con. I sub every year, and I can't imagine what they could show that would make me not sub, but I still wait for the SDCC reveals.

Elder Councilman
    Many folks, despite "knowing" what they're getting, may be visual in the sense that they need to actually see it to commit to it.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room