Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return of JEM- 2012

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar

The Return of JEM- 2012

PAWTUCKET, R.I. - SEPTEMBER 8, 2011 - For the first time at New York Comic Con, Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) will attend the convention at the Javits Convention Center in New York City from October 13-16 to present many of its iconic brands and meet with fans. Hasbro will have a significant booth presence featuring current and upcoming products from its TRANSFORMERS, G.I. JOE, JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS and KRE-O brands and BEYBLADE, MARVEL and STAR WARS lines. Additionally, Hasbro will host panels for several of its properties and action figure lines as well as offer for sale several HasbroToyShop.com special edition products made for New York Comic Con convention goers.
    Hot on the tail of Hasbro's press release (9/8/11) officially marking their presence at next month's New York Comic Con, several standard character trademarks have been registered for the JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS brand at the United States Patent and Trademark Office:

JERRICA BENTON

RIO PACHECO

AJA LEITH

SHANA ELMSFORD

KIMBER BENTON

MINX

Each have been registered as "Dolls, doll clothing and doll accessories; toy figures and playsets for use therewith". As some of you may know, this is standard practice by Hasbro to secure created, and they have to be used in order to keep the trademarks. This news continues to build upon the anticipation of the reveals from Hasbro at the upcoming New York Comic Con as it could very well mean that Hasbro intends to relaunch the JEM brand much like it has other brands from the '80s. Of particular note is the "MINX" register, which is a character from the later addition of the 3rd band, the Stingers. Members from the Misfits remain absent from this update, but this is just the beginning of Hasbro's venture into this potential relaunch.

Source -Toy Ark http://www.toyark.com/jem-holograms-...23/#post164974
    OMG!!! This is news Ive waited Years for!

My only fear is that the will 'Bratz' up the dolls! But whatever....Jem is coming BACK!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Happy for Jem fans. Its good when any 80s brand makes a comeback. Any word on a new cartoon series? Or is it just toys for now?

I'm not much of a doll person but a show would rock.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Happy for Jem fans. It’s good when any 80s brand makes a comeback. Any word on a new cartoon series? Or is it just toys for now?
    Just toys at the moment, and no real word on wether its a 'Re Imagining' and Up Dating, or a Anniversary Collectors 'masterpiece' line (Im hoping its this!).

Though The show has been a hit since it started Syndication, and the recent release of the DVDs has had an impact.

I personally wonder if Hasbro have pitched Jem as an answer to Mattels Monster High. which I actually thought they would do when Bratz were huge!

Mattel dont Play nice though, so expect a relaunch of Barbie and the rockers next year! (now with Hat)
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; September 23, 2011 at 10:18pm.

[/CENTER]

Court Magician
    If they can be made as cool as the Monster High line, the return of Jem could be awesome.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I'm excited I'm going to have an opportunity to check this out first hand at NYCC. I'm excited for the return of Jem!

Is there anything in there that actually says they're making anything?

It sounds to me like they're keeping trademarks alive and maybe considering something new.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Amazing news. I'm gettin a Jem fo sho. Can't wait! Watch it all the time on the Hub. My favorite show on the Hub besides the Wonder Years. Hope they do it right!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Is there anything in there that actually says they're making anything?

It sounds to me like they're keeping trademarks alive and maybe considering something new.
    Over at Jemcon we have been keeping track of all the 'TM' registrations for years, but this is the 1st time Hasbro has ever mentioned Jem in a Press release.

Especially placing the property next to its other Big hitters Joe and TF!

and the Names registered are quite Random, usually they just re register Every character from the vintage line! this is specific!

We just hafta wait until NYTF!

[/CENTER]

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Hasbro also has been hinting at it several times over this past year and it's been a hit on the the Hub!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

BUT BUT...how can she be truly outrageous in today's world?

...oh wait, kids today brought the 80's back for some reason, so I guess she can continue unabated.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

If Jems comes back as anything other than a rock star there will be Hell to pay.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    So happy to hear that this is actually happening. Never got the dolls as a kid and now here's my chance. I can hear my wallet crying already at this news.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    If Jems comes back as anything other than a rock star there will be Hell to pay.
    That will be interesting to see!

Back in '87 Hasbro decided that they had limited themselves with the 'Rockstar' angle and started adjusting the Story, they allowed Jem to get a Movie role, and this would lead to the 88' Collection 'Hollywood' Jem!

All of the Holograms would get 'Hollywood' makeovers and The Misfits would be phased out, leaving the Stingers as the main antagonists!

[/CENTER]

They hired some actors for NYCC so I doubt its more then just keeping the trademark alive

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    We just hafta wait until NYTF!
    NYCC, Toy Fair is a different event held in Feb for the upcoming retail toy year
    Last edited by markatisu; September 24, 2011 at 04:39am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    They hired some actors for NYCC so I doubt its more then just keeping the trademark alive

NYCC, Toy Fair is a different event held in Feb for the upcoming retail toy year
    whoops! dang! I get confused with all the different CC's and TF's!!!!!!

whens NYCC then?

(ps are there any other Vintage Jem collectors in the .org?)
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; September 24, 2011 at 04:51am.

[/CENTER]

whoops! dang! I get confused with all the different CC's and TF's!!!!!!

whens NYCC then?

(ps are there any other Vintage Jem collectors in the .org?)
    NYCC is in October

There are quite a bit here, my wife is a big time one
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

That will be interesting to see!

Back in '87 Hasbro decided that they had limited themselves with the 'Rockstar' angle and started adjusting the Story, they allowed Jem to get a Movie role, and this would lead to the 88' Collection 'Hollywood' Jem!

All of the Holograms would get 'Hollywood' makeovers and The Misfits would be phased out, leaving the Stingers as the main antagonists!
    Really? That's interesting, however The Misfits are too awesome to be dismissed. The Stingers were fun, but they paled in comparison. I didn't really enjoy their characters the way I did Pizazz, Stormer and Roxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    Really? That's interesting, however The Misfits are too awesome to be dismissed. The Stingers were fun, but they paled in comparison. I didn't really enjoy their characters the way I did Pizazz, Stormer and Roxy.
    Amen to that!

of the unreleased '3rd Year' dolls only the stingers were 'Musicians'. the others were -

Regine (Paris) a Fashion designer from Martinique who would design the Holograms costumes.

Astral - A fortune teller and magician who would guide the Holograms careers in Hollywood. and design their stage effects!

Graphix - A young Grafitti artist who would join the Misfits (if they made it to the 3rd year)

and the Stingers!

The only returning holograms were Danse and Video!

and three proposed JEM dolls - 'HOLLYWOOD Jem', 'American Beauty Jem' and Rockin' Romance Jem'. RRJ at least made it to packaged sample status as there are at least 10 that have surfaced, the last sold on ebay for $10,000 (us).

ka

These are pages from the 88' Hasbro dealers catalogue, and the only images of the Regine and Astral dolls with their new face sculpts! The line was cancelled shortly after the catalogue was distributed! and the dolls were never made (except the limited quantity of Rockin' Romance)

Last edited by Staff Of Ka; September 24, 2011 at 07:59pm.

[/CENTER]

There was something really bizarre about seeing a cartoon that was clearly the same style as GI Joe and yet it was a musical soap opera that ran alongside Robotix and Inhumanoids. It was just so schizoid. Some songs were even catchy. Misfits' We're Taking it All and Holograms' She's Got the Power are still fresh in my memory. I don't think I'd be buying toys for this, but I might look at the first episode of a relaunch show. I'm probably not now or ever was the intended audience though, so I just file this amidst the other crazy stuff I watched as a kid.

I may check out the dolls and most likely buy JEM... Hopefully a new cartoon will show up... The only downside to a new cartoon is that people may compare JEM to her Disneyfied Knock-off...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

That's awesome! I LOVED my Jem dolls when I was a kid, and it'd be great to see them make a comeback. I got so excited a few weeks ago when I saw Jem on TV for the first time in years. I've been watching it every Friday night ever since!

Movie mayhem!
    Would love to see this show/line come back!! If done right it could be really cool!

JEM returns at SDCC!!

http://twitpic.com/a18m04

$125 Deluxe Doll at Hasbro Booth

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    THAT IS AWESOME!!! Hasbro does their toy lines justice some times. Is this a one shot? (grumbles away that hasbro should have gotten thundercats)
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael