Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return of JEM- 2012

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowerPowerFrosta:3052413

Ha ha ha!! Those orphans were more trouble than they were worth. One's scared of the dark. One needs surgery. One has a drug problem. One stole the keys to Jem's car. One can't read.

Actually, the episode about Roxy not being able to read was one of my favourites. Jem really was well written, and dealt with a lot of issues.
    Roxy's Rumble was one of my favorites. One of my favorite lines was when Jem realized Roxy couldnt read the contracts and helped pay off everyone Roxy owed for damages or payments owed using Roxy's lotto winnings. Roxy nonchalantly explains that everything worked out, and Jem replies "Your gratitude is overwhelming, Roxy." That is the type of writing seldom seen, but we get another season of Johnny Test instead.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I have been watching Season 2 of Jem. I haven't seen all the episodes, but a good amount of them (though I have the DVDs). Anyway, I realized that this "Hollywood Jem" outfit actually appears throughout the season, long before the episode of that name. That's pretty cool. seems to be a major Season 2 look.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Yeah the 'Hollywood Jem' look was around a lot, it got its name from Fans -just like Wundar etc- needing to identify it, and it Took!

There are no real 'Proto' images of the outfit, but there are images of Jem in fashions marked #Hollywood collection. the assumption was that if they did Hollywood Jem she would come in that outfit.

there were 2 actual 'Jem' dolls (besides Astral & Regine) already solicited in the Hasbro Dealers before the line was nixed 'Rockin' Romance Jem' and 'American Beauty', RRJ was actually manufactured in a limited amount and a few (no more that 20 ) were given out to employees, the rest were legendarily sent to land fill. She Commands the highest MIB or Loose prices...the last Boxed went on ebay for $13,000.

American Beauty exists in about 5 known proto dolls, and as a many again factory samples of her dress. The Dolls were 'Cheap' versions to appeal to the Barbie pricepoint, No stands,no 'Jerrica' Fashions,Smaller cheaper boxes...and most annoyingly designed to LOOK like barbie....all of 'Jems' Uniqueness was jettisoned at this point!any thing for sales!

Heres the American Hasbro Catalog 88'

and as a Point of interest heres the same page on the European Hasbro Catalog......as you can see 'American Beauty' has Become 'Hollywood Jem'. Hasbro knew full well that an American themed Doll wouldnt sell over there.

aj
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; July 1, 2012 at 07:32pm.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I actually perused a Jem fansite the other day looking at the toys and the prototypes and unreleased stuff as I wasn't very familiar with it. The playsets were very cool! I must admit though I liked the show I had no clue about the toys as a kid at all nor did I know much now other than what I've read in random threads here.

Looking at this stuff, I'm intrigued which direction this line will go - will it be more inspired by the show or the original dolls? There seem to be some pretty big differences in the fashion colors, for one. As for Jem's face, it seems like she didn't have the larger pink face makeup for that much of the time in the show but it's kind of the iconic look in a lot of people's heads I think. Also, I am wondering what instruments people will come with. Will they be inspired by the toys or the show? Will Kimber get a Keytar or a keyboard? Aja a guitar or a drum set? So many questions!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    there were 2 actual 'Jem' dolls (besides Astral & Regine) already solicited in the Hasbro Dealers before the line was nixed 'Rockin' Romance Jem' and 'American Beauty', RRJ was actually manufactured in a limited amount and a few (no more that 20 ) were given out to employees, the rest were legendarily sent to land fill.
    Wait...what the? WHO WOULD DO THIS?! /shocked horror!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Short Answer....Hasbro!

- - - Updated - - -

Im thinking the Toys will take on the more Iconic 'Vintage Toy' looks with touches of the cartoon (remind you of MOTUC?)

but as Hasbro were VERY smart and bought the sunbow rights years ago, they own outright the cartoon depictions and the Toy Line designs.

[/CENTER]

Can't wait to get this doll!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I'm hoping they'll have these at Jem Con in Sept.I'll definately pick some up if they do!
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

there were 2 actual 'Jem' dolls (besides Astral & Regine) already solicited in the Hasbro Dealers before the line was nixed 'Rockin' Romance Jem' and 'American Beauty', RRJ was actually manufactured in a limited amount and a few (no more that 20 ) were given out to employees, the rest were legendarily sent to land fill. She Commands the highest MIB or Loose prices...the last Boxed went on ebay for $13,000.
    aj
    I'm hoping they make Both American Beauty and Rockin' Romance, especially RR, so I can display her next to the original!

And I'm gonna put Hollywood Jem next to the custom fashion I bought a few years back

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Go JEM! She is truly outrageous. Go JEM!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Short Answer....Hasbro!
    That is the worst toy genocide I have ever heard of. The only other thing I heard of which is similar is in Canada, some idiot gave the wrong address to donate supplies to soldiers and brand new stuff was sent to the dump. The one woman who worked there wanted to make sure it got to the proper place, but there's a "no foraging" policy or something, so all of the stuff was buried because they feared people would come to take it. So sad.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I remember Atari doing the same thing in the early 80's.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    I remember Atari doing the same thing in the early 80's.
    Yeah that same thought came to mind, the landfill of ET cartridges and the mass crash of the videogames market that followed
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Im in awe of her, Ive collected Jem since 1989 and this is HUGE! To not only have her world coming back...But Coming back In its true Era of the 80's!

A lot of fans have feared Hasbro bringing her back to get in on the Bratz/My Scene/Monster High action...which would have meant outsize Heads and feet and 'Modern' Trashy outfits.

Everything about this new line bodes well, from the amazing fashion recreation to the superb hair and Face sculpt.

I have to admit that the 'Hollywood' jem fashion is NOT a favorite of mine, But it makes perfect sense as a 'Reveal' and one shot Variant.

But most of all.....What Truly excites me is her Body proportions and Face Sculpt......She finally looks like 'JEM' the woman on the side flap of the vintage box, Ive seen some people complaining (elsewhere on sites) that she looks EVIL and hard....without looking at the vintage art,the boxes,the Posters etc. Jem was always strikingly beautiful and STRONG. and here she is......Cant wait to see the other reveals at SDCC.

Heres a comparison between the Vintage Doll, Vintage box Art and Jem 2.0

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...1/ABDADF18.jpghttp://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...-Holograms.jpghttp://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/ajac71/jem1.jpg

My one BIG quibble is that straddle stand, they work awesomely on dolls with dresses, but look awful on dolls in pants....bad Choice there, lets hope the saddle is Clear on the final doll.
    You know looking at the new Jem doll she reminds me of Julie Bowen, Claire from Modern Family. Not 100% but they bot have that strong jaw
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    Hey has anyone else seen the pic of the new Jem doll being released at the comic con? I found a pic at Perezhilton.com.
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

I watched most of JEM Season 3 today, I think if we don't get the Stingers in this line this time (especially Riot) I will become physically upset

Working through Season 2 now... seeing a lot of eps for the first time. I had seen quite a few on The Hub before buying the DVD set, but there was plenty more to see! I quite liked the "Mardi Gras" episode. And "Presidential Dilemma" was great. The latter made me realize I'd REALLY like to see a really nice Synergy computer made for the new doll line.

I'm a bit torn about the Stingers. It does seem like they should be made. Would I buy them? Hmmm... I'm not even sure I want Raya and Jetta! That's assuming I just give up and try to get the whole line and it lasts long enough, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I'm a bit torn about the Stingers. It does seem like they should be made. Would I buy them? Hmmm... I'm not even sure I want Raya and Jetta! That's assuming I just give up and try to get the whole line and it lasts long enough, of course.
    When you get to S3 you be might be more fond of them since they are pretty much the crux of the entire season.

I think the allure to them is that fans were cheated out of them in the original line and they have some of the most substantial "stories" outside of Jem/Holograms themselves. I would gladly take them over the Misfits if I had to chose a limited line, at least Riot and Rapture

I have Never seen the Stingers episodes of the show, but Ive wanted 'Rapture' since the day I saw her proto! Shes a 'witch' who believes in hypnotism and the occult.....right up my ally with my collection of Witches!

I have a stunning OOAK that was created my my dear friend Liz, she took a Clash and rerooted and repainted her! shes magnificent!

a
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; July 5, 2012 at 11:18pm.

[/CENTER]

She's still looking good Love those pics Ka.

While I do like this new Jem, I think Integrity will really shine when it comes to revamping the "meaner" characters. Their usual style I think lends itself far better to characters like Pizzazz, Roxy and Rapture with their stern features.

Personally I'm also hoping since it's looking like they'll do unreleased dolls from the original line, for a doll of Graphix. I just adore her design, it really was outrageous, makeup, outfit, hair the whole lot. Even though she was never in the show, and the only mentions of her being in the jem bible and that polaroid that's floating around on the net, I'm still crossing my fingers

well...well...welll Look who the Werecat Dragged in!

bout Time you chimed in!

[/CENTER]

I was posting in the MH thread! :P

I wonder if they'll have a reveal for the next doll in the line at SDCC whilst this is on sale? This article seems to insinuate a Misfit could the next cab off the rank (please let it be!)

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...us-price-tag/1
    Last edited by Surya; July 6, 2012 at 03:45am.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Surya View Post
    I was posting in the MH thread! :P

I wonder if they'll have a reveal for the next doll in the line at SDCC whilst this is on sale? This article seems to insinuate a Misfit could the next cab off the rank (please let it be!)

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...us-price-tag/1
    I hope the next one is a Misfit too Stormer please.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

I hope they plan the announcement of the next figure (or two) at SDCC. And I think it'd be great if it was Stormer.
    I wonder how often these will come out?

With the price point as high as its probably going to be and the past dolls from the company I think every few months. Unless Hasbro has put in some major money to bring down the price point and make it retail

I am sure we will hear more at SDCC, there is no reason to put up a $100+ doll with no infor, so only about a week till we find out though