Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return of JEM- 2012

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I am still hoping for a Sub offer!!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I am still hoping for a Sub offer!!
    Yeah well this is Hasbro not Mattel we are talking about
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah well this is Hasbro not Mattel we are talking about
    G.I.Joe is starting a sub. Who knows. Monthly Jem dolls.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Just paid my friend to try and get my wife one, my wallet can now cry itself to sleep LOL
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Yeah, with the g.i Joe and Transformers 'Sub Clubs' coming via Hasbro....If they were smart they would know exactly how well a sub would do!

[/CENTER]

Just paid my friend to try and get my wife one, my wallet can now cry itself to sleep LOL
    On the plus side though, you'll have a very happy wife, who won't be able to get mad at you for a very long time

I'd definitely be in favor of a sub club too. No way I'm going to miss any of these (cept maybe Rio). You know those electro pop dolls Integrity put out a while ago would be great to display alongside these new Jem dolls too. A few of them are very reminiscent of Jem characters, like Raya and Video.

Face-wise, I think she looks like Natasha Beddingfield. I like it. She looks like a real woman, not a blank doll face.

From Integrity Toys-

The buzz generated on the web since the announcement of the new Integrity Toys/Hasbro collaboration on JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS has been simply incredible! We've received all sorts of questions in the last week about future plans for the brands and about the Special Edition: HOLLYWOOD JEM doll herself, so the W Club went to the source and asked the designers for a little more information. So, here goes...

This line has been created by the Integrity Toys design team in close collaboration with Hasbro and is destined to adult fans and collectors of JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS and is not intended to be "play line", it is a high-end collectible just like Poppy Parker or Fashion Royalty.

The dolls feature a brand new body sculpt seen for the first time on this new line. The new body has slightly larger feet and newly sculpted interchangeable hands, which are more in proportions and will allow the characters to hold accessories better and more realistically.

The dolls will be able to share some clothes with many other Integrity Toys dolls, but the shoes will be unique to this new body only.

The earrings on HOLLYWOOD JEM do not light up like they did on the vintage Jem dolls from the 80's. This was done to make the earrings look more like they did in the cartoon, but they are chrome plated in red for that extra burst of sparkle.

The outfits are faithfully reproduced from looks seen in both the TV show and the toy line and are ultra detailed, just like any other Integrity Toys collectibles.

Each doll in the collection will feature ultra detailed accessories, musical instruments, etc. including tiny miniature amp cables for the instruments and microphones that can be connected to the doll stand for better display possibilities and added realism.

Designed to be reminiscent of the vintage oval doll stands, the new doll stand created just for the JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS collection will work in two modes, both "saddle style" and "underarm style". Interchangeable connector parts will be included with each doll.

The packaging was especially designed to keep a retro look, while being modern and more "collectible". Each characters will come with special mementos. For example, HOLLYWOOD JEM includes a miniature reproduction of the original Jem poster and a doll sized "Boulevard of Fame" star frame, which Jem received in the original "HOLLYWOOD JEM" episodes for her work on the movie "Starbright". Since we've got some serious JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS fans who are part of our design team, you can expect some cool surprises with every new doll in the line, we even created an instruction sheet printed in purple, in the same style as the vintage dolls! Now that's attention to details!
    Information about the next characters in the line, edition sizes and distribution details will be released in the near future. Of course, W Club members will know about it all first, so stay tuned and Truly Outrageous!

Wait, that's not all!

If you want to find out more about this truly outrageous collaboration between Hasbro and Integrity Toys, the IT marketing team and Haute Doll have collaborated together to bring you the first ever SDCC exclusive cover variant of Haute Doll magazine, only available at the show itself for free in the Hasbro booth, #3329!

The show exclusive cover features the new Hollywood Jem doll. If you can't make it to the San Diego Comic Con and want to get the full scoop about the new "Classic" Jem and The Holograms doll line, the article contained inside will also be included in both the regular edition (without the exclusive cover) and digital edition of the magazine. W Club members, who have taken the opportunity to receive the free digital subscription offered by DOLLS Magazine, will be able to read all about Jem in the online digital edition of the magazine, which will be available on July 12th, 2012.

whoo hoo

[/CENTER]

Some very cool info! Love the little extras they are including.
    Wish we had some cool art on the box. Maybe it's a budget thing. But it looks okay. I'd definitely take the dolls out of it though. If it was really cool I had thought of leaving Jem in the package. But unless there's a flap or something you wouldn't even see her.

So that's what they call that stand - "saddle style"

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Some very cool info! Love the little extras they are including.
    Wish we had some cool art on the box. Maybe it's a budget thing. But it looks okay. I'd definitely take the dolls out of it though. If it was really cool I had thought of leaving Jem in the package. But unless there's a flap or something you wouldn't even see her.
    I have a feeling that box may be a an outter 'Mailer' type box,I could be wrong, but i really dont think she would be in a closed box.

But i love that the box is the same shape as the 2nd year vintage boxes!

I just took this pic of some of my MIB dolls in storage, to show the shape of the boxes-

Also this is Vintage Kimber alongside one of my Integrity Toys 'Rupaul' dolls

Last edited by Staff Of Ka; July 11, 2012 at 10:21am.

[/CENTER]

Can't wait for this!! Even at $125 I think its the most anticipated thing for me out of SDCC....well maybe 2nd behind the Scarah Screams MH doll

I like her very much..

Last edited by nanoFatato; July 11, 2012 at 12:33pm.

She looks very tall. Is she the same height as the vintage dolls?

that front flap looks like it opens up
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    She looks very tall. Is she the same height as the vintage dolls?

She'll probably be slightly shorter than the orignal Jem dolls but she will be taller than a Barbie doll. Integrity dolls are slightly taller than a regular doll. The quality is also much higher, the bodies feel sturdier and the plastic is better. I can't wait for this to become available. Hopefully non-attendees will be able to pick her up.
    Until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    She'll probably be slightly shorter than the orignal Jem dolls but she will be taller than a Barbie doll. Integrity dolls are slightly taller than a regular doll. The quality is also much higher, the bodies feel sturdier and the plastic is better. I can't wait for this to become available. Hopefully non-attendees will be able to pick her up.
    I am "assuming" she will be on sale at Hasbrotoyshop in a few weeks for their SDCC sale, provided she does not completely sell out for good during the Con

I am "assuming" she will be on sale at Hasbrotoyshop in a few weeks for their SDCC sale, provided she does not completely sell out for good during the Con
    That's my hope as well; it would stink if she sells out. I must have one!
    Until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    That's my hope as well; it would stink if she sells out. I must have one!
    Its hard to tell, Hasbro has never to my knowledge 100% sold out of an item except possibly those big Star Wars exclusives they do.

But JEM collectors are amazing when it comes to their ease and ability to drop $$$$ on dolls.

So hopefully they realize that there is a legion of diehard fans who will easily drop $200 to get this doll

Its hard to tell, Hasbro has never to my knowledge 100% sold out of an item except possibly those big Star Wars exclusives they do.

But JEM collectors are amazing when it comes to their ease and ability to drop $$$$ on dolls.

So hopefully they realize that there is a legion of diehard fans who will easily drop $200 to get this doll

Amen. We have at least 2 right here. Hell, I'll grab 2 if I'm in the right state of mind.
    Until now.

The box does open. Some other display pics there too:
    http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego...displays-6086/

Man I really need to have this now, I fell in love with the way she is packed

Yeah, me too. I'm definitely getting her. I'm kind of nervous about it selling out on hasbrotoyshop since I'm not at SDCC. I just hope an item of that price will move slower than some of the others.

Yeah, me too. I'm definitely getting her. I'm kind of nervous about it selling out on hasbrotoyshop since I'm not at SDCC. I just hope an item of that price will move slower than some of the others.
    That is my hope as well, I have a friend trying to get me one there but I would like a second one and I have some other friends who would like one.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    The box does open. Some other display pics there too:
    http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego...displays-6086/
    I noticed they have official cosplay wigs and costumes in the works which is cool. Love the new pony stuff on the way too. Cept where's my Discord figure Hasbro? I want one as buying a Q toy is too expensive I need one to 'troll' my ponies .
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live