Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return of JEM- 2012

Almost all of the (very over-priced) Buy It Nows disappeared off Ebay after the sell-out, I noticed!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Almost all of the (very over-priced) Buy It Nows disappeared off Ebay after the sell-out, I noticed!
    Of course they had to evaluate their prices since they were too low
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Of course they had to evaluate their prices since they were too low
    That's one instance in which I don't blame the seller since it truly does boil down to supply and demand. Buyers did have some what of a chance to get her cheaper before the sale, but they decided to gamble. Now the prices are raised.

If Hasbro decided to pump another 10k units on to the market the sellers would all be SOL, the buyers would rejoice and vice versa as we see now.

Look how many guys had PKE Meters in the $300-400 range before the sale now they're kicking doors wishing they dumped them for less sooner.

Dealing with stuff is a gamble from both sides and some times the buyer wins and some times it's the seller. Just depends.

I also just think buyers jumped on them after the sale on HTS fell through, frankly.

Well yeah $200-230 is going to be cheap I think when all is said and done. This could easily reach the levels of the 1st Monster High Exclusive (B&W Frankie) which now goes for easily $350-600 and it originally cost $25
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

So she was up on Hasbro for another round of sales then? well that's good news. Any Idea how many more there were available?

I don't want to think it Markatisu, but your probably going to be right. I still kick myself for not getting tokidoki barbie when she was $50 on ebay, now, add another 300 bucks to that amount. This might end up being a pick and choose line for me, I won't be able to afford each doll if they're going to be so limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Surya View Post
    So she was up on Hasbro for another round of sales then? well that's good news. Any Idea how many more there were available?

I don't want to think it Markatisu, but your probably going to be right. I still kick myself for not getting tokidoki barbie when she was $50 on ebay, now, add another 300 bucks to that amount. This might end up being a pick and choose line for me, I won't be able to afford each doll if they're going to be so limited.
    No she has not appeared again yet (that I know of) she showed up for 90 seconds this morning but that was about it.

It is hard to tell how this line is going to go, the makers of this doll are notorious for their low production runs but at the same time its a hefty price tag to pay every time for a scalper/reseller. I think it will be easier to get "regular' JEM dolls, its just this one is a SDCC severely limited (rumored to only be a run of 500)

They better not be this limited or I'm not going to bother. Hollywood Jem I can live without. If I don't get regular Jem... then I'll pass on everything else.

We can just hope this sale shows the demand and they produce accordingly, especially for the icon that is the standard JEM doll they need to make more than enough

Yeah, I hope so.

I've been refreshing the HTS page every hour on the hour in vain. Sigh. Oh well. I'll try again tomorrow at noon. After that, I'm giving up.

Yeah, I hope so.

I've been refreshing the HTS page every hour on the hour in vain. Sigh. Oh well. I'll try again tomorrow at noon. After that, I'm giving up.
    In my experience its always in the morning/lunch hours. Apparently Hasbro employees only work during the most inconvenient times lol

Everything else came back into stock except Jem.

Everything else came back into stock except Jem.
    Yup I saw that, at least I got a Derpy for my wife

She must be truly, truly... GONE.
    Sad, but oh well. At least I can give up. I saw each other exclusive come back in stock one by one as I refreshed the main page, but she never did. They must have sold out all of their leftover stock yesterday. They couldn't have had much.

She must be truly, truly... GONE.
    Sad, but oh well. At least I can give up. I saw each other exclusive come back in stock one by one as I refreshed the main page, but she never did. They must have sold out all of their leftover stock yesterday. They couldn't have had much.
    I bet they had 5% which if it was rumored to be 500 total it would have been around 25 dolls

I am going to keep looking though, you never know with Hasbro but yeah it does not look good since everything else came back in stock

Putting aside the Hollywood Jem issue...

Was anyone else a bit surprised that they didn't say anything about the first doll in the "real" line? I thought maybe we'd get a first glimpse or expected release date or something...

Putting aside the Hollywood Jem issue...

Was anyone else a bit surprised that they didn't say anything about the first doll in the "real" line? I thought maybe we'd get a first glimpse or expected release date or something...
    Didn't they talk about the 1st doll in the doll magazine they were giving away at the Hasbro booth? I thought I heard mention it was going to be one of the Misfits

They were probably taken aback by the sell outs, this probably opened some eyes at Hasbro as to the desire of JEM fans

Didn't they talk about the 1st doll in the doll magazine they were giving away at the Hasbro booth? I thought I heard mention it was going to be one of the Misfits

They were probably taken aback by the sell outs, this probably opened some eyes at Hasbro as to the desire of JEM fans
    Stevie Wonder could have seen that the first Jem doll in over 20 years would be a hit. It makes you wonder why we haven't seen a Barbie She-Ra in all these years.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Oh, I don't know. This board is my only source of Jem news, really. LOL.

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Well yeah $200-230 is going to be cheap I think when all is said and done. This could easily reach the levels of the 1st Monster High Exclusive (B&W Frankie) which now goes for easily $350-600 and it originally cost $25
    Right Again! 250 was a good deal, I was looking through EBay and she is going for 450-500 right now and people are buying it!! I was so lucky getting one on Wednesday as HTS. Who knows how high it will go!! I dont really care because I would never sell it!! Some one will have to take it from my cold dead hands..

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    Yup I saw that, at least I got a Derpy for my wife
    Dammit. I wish I wouldve known. I couldnt have ordered at that time anyways...oh well.
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Saw this info about the amount on HTS and the edition size from KJemRadio:

KJEM Radio just found out that approximately 50 Hollywood Jem dolls were made available at the Hasbro Toy Shop web site at the opening of their business. The information of Hollywood Jem’s listing was not made public via Twitter, Facebook, or Hasbro Toy Shop official Web site. Fans who wanted to snag one had to watch the site this morning, but within a couple of minutes Hollywood Jem was completely sold out. According to the certificate that each doll came with in the instruction manual there were only 500 made in total.
    So the only hope for getting more is if some people tried to order more than 1 and those few come back in stock. Just thought I'd share, not that it makes it less gloomy.

Well I'm out for this doll. I'll wait till they do a Pizzazz and call it quits if it's like this each time a new doll is out. Wondering when they'll be put up online and ebay prices, forget it. If I have to save up alot for just one doll, she will be it.

I just read this on jemcon.org, a member who spoke directly to Hasbro said only 430 were made for the con. The other 70 were sold online the other day for those few minutes and are being made. Also no word on any more dolls yet, but they should be less expensive.

I bet they had 5% which if it was rumored to be 500 total it would have been around 25 dolls

I am going to keep looking though, you never know with Hasbro but yeah it does not look good since everything else came back in stock
    So I was close it was 10-15% they held back for the store, stupidly low production run though given the license. The doll maker has made other no-name dolls in higher quantity

And with that little held for HTS I doubt anyone was able to order more than 1 which is why she did not reappear on Thurs and most likely won't reappear whatever day they are selling HTS items again

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    So I was close it was 10-15% they held back for the store, stupidly low production run though given the license. The doll maker has made other no-name dolls in higher quantity

And with that little held for HTS I doubt anyone was able to order more than 1 which is why she did not reappear on Thurs and most likely won't reappear whatever day they are selling HTS items again
    I dont think to many of the " Higher Ups " in the toy world understand how popular JEM is..and the Hub network brought it back to life and added a bunch of new fans.. Plus Dolls are "IN" Right now in the toy world. Monster High, Winx, and many others.

I wonder how they are going to sell these? Just On Line? I hope there is a Sub.