Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return of JEM- 2012

I hope these aren't too expensive. I REALLY want to collect this series.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

We will all know info very soon, that is about all I can say.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    So, is the Jem doll that was released at SDCC basically all that's going to be made for her? And everything else that comes out in the line will be an exclusive as well?

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    So, is the Jem doll that was released at SDCC basically all that's going to be made for her? And everything else that comes out in the line will be an exclusive as well?
    Not sure what you mean? The Hollywood Jem probably won't come back out, from what I've heard. But they will have an ongoing series of dolls including the regular Jem, Jerrica, Synergy and Rio - which are the first wave. They won't be exclusives though. They will be available at several retailers.

I guess I don't know what the difference is between Hollywood Jem and regular Jem.

So, there will be another Jem release, and that SDCC "Hollywood" version won't be the only version?

Hollywood Jem has a different oufit, with a gold jacket. There's a link to my video review earlier in the thread if you want to see it. The "regular" Jem - in her iconic outfit is coming soon and you can see it in the pic Mark posted on the last page.

I guess I don't know what the difference is between Hollywood Jem and regular Jem.

So, there will be another Jem release, and that SDCC "Hollywood" version won't be the only version?
    Yes, "Hollywood" JEM was an SDCC Exclusive. Similar to how certain MOTUC figures are only available at SDCC. The difference is the outfit and the makeup

We will be getting regular dolls from this line shortly including Rio, Jerrica, JEM, etc. I posted a picture above of Synergy, Jerrica and the regular JEM. If you look back a few pages you will see the Hollywood JEM

If all goes well my store will be carrying JEM as an authorized Integrity Dealer, but there will be a few others as well that are listed on the Integrity website. Not sure if it will be sold at HasbroToyShop or not, don't see why not since the SDCC one was sold there.

Its pretty uncharted territory right now since Integrity usually does not make mainstream dolls but JEM is definitely mainstream
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Sweet! Great to see a pic finally! I've been looking for some to surface ever since the weekend of Integrity's con. They really do look amazing, but for some reason I wasn't as blown away as I thought I'd be. I think my expectations were just too high.

I think Synergy looks great, but she just seems a little bit off to me. I don't know if it's just the skin color like JonWes mention, or if it's the coloration of the suit.

Jerrica seems particularly underwhelming to me. I don't really know what I was expecting, but I just kinda felt that if they were doing a stand-alone Jerrica, it was going to be something really impressive. She looks great, don't get me wrong, but she just doesn't look different enough for me to justify buying both her and Jem, especially if the price point is any kind of high.

Jem looks great. Well, the belt tassles are a little much, but no biggie. Not a huge fan of her original outfit, but since it's the most iconic look, it seems like the best version to have. By the way, what exactly is her outfit supposed to be made of? Faux leather? Vinyl? Latex? I always assumed from the cartoon that it was just some kind of cloth, but after looking back at the original artwork, I can kinda see the argument for a raincoat nightgown.

I'm still of the opinion that they should have had at least one Misfit in the first wave...

Update: Integrity has pics and bios up on their site now for all four new dolls!

Update 2: It looks like each doll will be limited to 1000, and the price point will be $119.00. Ouch. Well... looks like I'm out. Maybe when I see some Misfits I'll reconsider.
    Last edited by Sword2Blanket; October 5, 2012 at 04:55pm.

Man, so good to have a release time (November) and a price! They aren't cheap, but the price isn't terrible. Now I'm really wondering if I want to get Jerrica though. I am getting the other three though. I'm hoping that some sites might offer a discount on the $119 price, though, as I think some retailers do.

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Man, so good to have a release time (November) and a price! They aren't cheap, but the price isn't terrible. Now I'm really wondering if I want to get Jerrica though. I am getting the other three though. I'm hoping that some sites might offer a discount on the $119 price, though, as I think some retailers do.

I was thinking the same thing about Jerrica before I saw her and now for whatever reason I like her's the best Plus I was thinking if they did Fashion Packs I might need a Jerrica. Who I am kidding I am sucker for anything Jem and I will just buy anything..

Yeah, I'm going to get her. I love that she has a different face sculpt, too.

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm going to get her. I love that she has a different face sculpt, too.
    Yeah, She is a just a beautiful Doll and I dont know if it is just me but doesnt she have Great legs What a great couple of weeks first Castle Grayskull and then re-release of Transformer Fort Max and Now More Jem Dolls..This is why Toy collecting is so much fun and being a child of the 80's it is even better.

I just added my allotment to my store, I was surprised they were coming out so high but low production = higher prices so its understandable.

I think these are going to be as sought after as the SDCC Jem

Its unfortunate a lot of people will miss out though due to the price point, hopefully these selling out will show Hasbro they need to do more with the license!

So, what's going to be the smartest/best/easiest way to get these?

So, what's going to be the smartest/best/easiest way to get these?
    There really isn't one, I sold out of all my dolls via a preorder that took less than 20 min

Integrity Toys has a list on their website of authorized dealers, if they are not on that list then they got them from one of the stores on that list and are re-selling them. So watch out for that as there is no guarantee they will have the until Integrity ships to its dealers

Most stores are offering their dolls for preorder, some might wait till they actually come out to order them. I have no idea if Hasbro Toy Shop or Integrity Toys website will offer them or not (we were not told).

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I just added my allotment to my store, I was surprised they were coming out so high but low production = higher prices so its understandable.

I think these are going to be as sought after as the SDCC Jem

Its unfortunate a lot of people will miss out though due to the price point, hopefully these selling out will show Hasbro they need to do more with the license!
    Dam... Is there any chance you'll get more stock to put on preorder?

Dam... Is there any chance you'll get more stock to put on preorder?
    If I do I will try to post here. I think Angelic Dreamz still has 3 of the 4 (they sold out of Classic Jem already)

Honestly I thought I would have them for a while given their price point

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    If I do I will try to post here. I think Angelic Dreamz still has 3 of the 4 (they sold out of Classic Jem already)

Honestly I thought I would have them for a while given their price point
    Please, if you get more units for pre-order hold a set for me and let us know either in the thread or through pm =)

I ended up getting all four from Angelic Dreamz because the timing didn't work to buy them from Mark's store. Looking at the list of retailers, a lot of them haven't even listed them yet. And a lot of them don't have formal shopping carts. You have to e-mail or call in an order. Someone who is an old hand at ordering Integrity dolls said to just e-mail a couple different places with interest until you find one that has what you want. I guess that makes sense.

I ended up getting all four from Angelic Dreamz because the timing didn't work to buy them from Mark's store. Looking at the list of retailers, a lot of them haven't even listed them yet. And a lot of them don't have formal shopping carts. You have to e-mail or call in an order. Someone who is an old hand at ordering Integrity dolls said to just e-mail a couple different places with interest until you find one that has what you want. I guess that makes sense.
    Yeah, I don't think a lot of the doll shops do as much business to necessitate a shopping cart system. And a lot of them are old school and I think like the person to person contact which is admirable.

Angelic Dreamz is not too bad since they only marked it up about $6 over most of us who are selling them, that is far lower than what they normally do when they extort people for new Monster High.

I also think some of them are waiting till they have them in hand, if I were smart I should probably have done that but I don't like holding a lot of stock of anything so if I get a large shipment of something it goes up for Preorder.

I've dealt with some sites before who go for the more old school approach. I used to order Doctor Who figures from one for a while. They had great service too. It's not bad, it's just not the way I prefer to shop. Give me an impersonal shopping cart any day. I wasn't in love with the mark-up at AD, but as you said the mark-up isn't bad and they have a pretty good reputation. I did like being able to spread the payments out over four weeks which sort of made up for the extra $24 I was spending. It was a nice perk, though I was ready to drop the money now if needed. I definitely don't think anyone should panic yet. It really doesn't seem like a lot of places have listed anything yet. Even at a smaller edition size, I bet there are plenty out there that haven't popped up.

I'm intrigued to see how many waves they do a year. I'm torn because getting four dolls at once is kind of fun and exciting. But not sure I'd want to throw down $500 or so bucks too often a year in one go for them.

I've dealt with some sites before who go for the more old school approach. I used to order Doctor Who figures from one for a while. They had great service too. It's not bad, it's just not the way I prefer to shop. Give me an impersonal shopping cart any day. I wasn't in love with the mark-up at AD, but as you said the mark-up isn't bad and they have a pretty good reputation. I did like being able to spread the payments out over four weeks which sort of made up for the extra $24 I was spending. It was a nice perk, though I was ready to drop the money now if needed. I definitely don't think anyone should panic yet. It really doesn't seem like a lot of places have listed anything yet. Even at a smaller edition size, I bet there are plenty out there that haven't popped up.

I'm intrigued to see how many waves they do a year. I'm torn because getting four dolls at once is kind of fun and exciting. But not sure I'd want to throw down $500 or so bucks too often a year in one go for them.
    Yeah, I think is they do 8 dolls a year that would be a good size (one drop in the Spring and one in the Fall) but hopefully its not every 2 months or something like that.

We were given the info this afternoon so next week maybe some more will offer them, I mean it took me nearly 2hrs to do all the product descriptions and get them ready.

I gotta be honest...

Just not up to par with their other dolls. The face scuplts, I gotta say are really spot on, IMO. However, the clothes...no way. They look cheap and I know Integrity is far more capable than the JEM dolls clothes. I think its one of the reassons they have such a following is the quality not only on the doll itself but also the clothing. Rio, IMO, is the best example of this. His clothes look too baggy, they are not patterned right and come off looking too G.I. Joe 1/6 quality. Jerrica looks like she is dressed in a sack...JEM...the fabric looks cheap. I can tell just by the pic its bonded on cloth and that stuff does NOT hold up. 10 years max. before it starts flaking. UNLESS you actually condition it to prevent the drying out...just FYI.

Actually, I dont think RIo looks like Rio at all and he should be much darker in skin tone.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    These are so pretty but if I can get Jem at a good price then yep she'll be mine.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

I am hoping they also look into doing Fashion Packs, I think those would be big sellers for them as well