Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return of JEM- 2012

Man these dolls are beautiful! Too bad I can't afford them. I'm sure the Misfits will be knock outs.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Man these dolls are beautiful! Too bad I can't afford them. I'm sure the Misfits will be knock outs.
    I can't wait to get the Stingers myself, with the line selling as well as it has been (I pre-sold out of my entire shipment in 1hr and it was 3x bigger than my Wave 1 shipment) I think we will get to that point since all that is left right now character wise is the Misfits, Stingers, Raya, Eric Raymond, Video, and Danse
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I can't wait to get the Stingers myself, with the line selling as well as it has been (I pre-sold out of my entire shipment in 1hr and it was 3x bigger than my Wave 1 shipment) I think we will get to that point since all that is left right now character wise is the Misfits, Stingers, Raya, Eric Raymond, Video, and Danse
    It would be cool to see Regine, Graphix, and Astral (I think that was her name). There could be some other characters done from the show like the Starlight Girls, and Lin-z Pierce or even The Limp Lizards. There is alot of potential there.

I definitely want Astral. Regine looked pretty cool. Graphix... I'm torn on. But with the success of these I do hope Integrity will keep going and go that deep. I've heard they aren't necessarily into extending lines forever, so they might call it a day before that. But I hope not. It seems like it'd be hard to turn away the cash flow and the extra attention they've gotten that might help their other lines.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I definitely want Astral. Regine looked pretty cool. Graphix... I'm torn on. But with the success of these I do hope Integrity will keep going and go that deep. I've heard they aren't necessarily into extending lines forever, so they might call it a day before that. But I hope not. It seems like it'd be hard to turn away the cash flow and the extra attention they've gotten that might help their other lines.
    Yeah I think it depends on how long they have the license for and what Hasbro wants ultimately. I know they do take into account what their fans think and their dealers. If the dealers want the dolls and the fans request the dolls I think it will go as long as possible.

But as long as we can the 3 bands complete I would consider that a great success, we are already 1/3 there
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Y

But as long as we can the 3 bands complete I would consider that a great success, we are already 1/3 there
    .....almost...we NEED Raya! lol shes the only hologram Im REALLY wanting!

Kimber - The best of the three, love the sculpt and the fact that her blouse is FINALLY a seperate piece of Clothing! But I Hate the Pants, I get the acid wash effect, but would far prefer them to be similar fabric to the vintage

Shana - Love the outfit, but shes a bit too 'Goofy' in the face for me,I understand the hair...but not too worried as it will look VERY different in the actual doll.

Aja- Bleh! I love the face and the color scheme but hate the length of the top (should be longer and Rouched at the sides) the belt looks nasty. but I LOATHE the hair! she didnt have hair like that in any format...so why make it so badly!!!! Hideous!

Overall Im just 'ok' with them. none of them is a home run. and I hate the lack of Glitter on the guitars etc...I know they are based on the cartoon...but C'mon!!!

Im holding out that Raya will be stunning!
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; January 30, 2013 at 02:38am.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    .....almost...we NEED Raya! lol shes the only hologram Im REALLY wanting!
    I did say complete did I not

Th way I see it since the Misfits have 4 members it would be easier to do it this way

Release 3 Misfits "core" (sans Jetta)
    Release 4 Stingers
    Release 5 Raya, Jetta, Eric Raymond (or someone else)

That would get both bands out completely and not cause any variation to the 3 doll wave

Release 4 Stingers
    4 Stingers????

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    4 Stingers????
    Sometimes I don't even think you read my posts

The number was in reference to the Wave

Unless there is 5 Raya's too

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Wow, I can't believe I just saw these today. I coulda swore I had checked Jemcon in the last several days. Oh well.

At first glance, I was kinda underwhelmed. After looking at more pics though, I grew to like them a lot more. However, I'm still just not convinced enough to drop $120 on them.

I think Aja is a great looking doll, perhaps the best of the bunch. For some reason, though, she just doesn't look like Aja to me. That's my only real complaint with her, but that seems significant to me.

Kimber also looks great. Despite the questionable pants, I think she has the best looking outfit as a whole. Her face though... it just doesn't seem like Kimber to me. And I don't mean that in the same sense as what I said about Aja: Kimber looks like Kimber, it's just her expression seems way too intense for Kimber's personality. I feel like every time I look at her picture, she's trying to choke me out with the Force or something. And those thick, dark, inaccurate eyebrows don't help. If it weren't for her expression, I think she'd be the best doll in the line.

In my opinion, Shanna's doll is the best of the three at capturing the character. Her hair looked kinda over the top at first, but after looking at it for awhile, it seems like they actually nailed it. The hair color varies from picture to picture due to lighting, so I can't really tell if it's too light or it just occasionally looks that way in pics. Personally, I'm not too crazy about her outfit though.

I still think I'm just going to hold out for the Misfits. Is there any way I can setup a pre-preorder with you, Mark? Seriously, is there any good way for an average Joe, non-whatchamacallit club member to avoid the could-go-on-sale-at-any-second-and-sell-out-in-an-hour situation? Perma-lurk the boards?

Sometimes I don't even think you read my posts

The number was in reference to the Wave

Unless there is 5 Raya's too
    Smartass!

Yeah Ok I misread that but I blame reading it when I was running late for work!

I think the smart release pattern would be to get the 1st 8 dolls out (only need the Misfits) .

Then Follow the pattern of the vintage line and have the 2nd Season dolls - Raya,Danse,Video. Jetta,Clash,Eric. Then Stingers.

My main issue is the Strict adherence to the 'Cartoon' Colors.....all the Pastel of the cartoon was very flat. The Vintage dolls had a lot brighter fabrics and I miss that. Shanas Dress should be a richer purple at least.

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    I still think I'm just going to hold out for the Misfits. Is there any way I can setup a pre-preorder with you, Mark? Seriously, is there any good way for an average Joe, non-whatchamacallit club member to avoid the could-go-on-sale-at-any-second-and-sell-out-in-an-hour situation? Perma-lurk the boards?
    Yeah I sold out in 1hr of putting them up for sale, basically you had to lurk my store or know me

I think Toonarific , Toynk, and a few others still have them for sale. Just go to the Integrity website and click on dealers. They made more of each doll this time so there should be more opportunities then there was with Wave 1.

Has anyone received their Holograms yet? Mine should be here on the 14th. I've been drooling over the photos on flickr. They look even better than their promos. Especially Shana.

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
    Has anyone received their Holograms yet? Mine should be here on the 14th. I've been drooling over the photos on flickr. They look even better than their promos. Especially Shana.
    I sent JonWes his from my store, he got them yesterday

And of course I have gotten them last week being the dealer who sold them to others, but ironically I have not had any time to even look at the ones I gave my wife! So I have to live vicariously through you guys

Yes, I got them yesterday and they are amazing!

Heroic Warrior
    Did you have any QC issues?

I have 2 Kimbers and both keytars have a shifted Jem logo. The outlines of the star and letters should be completely filled in, no? On one, the pink letters and yellow star are both off, and on the other, the star is off. It doesn't match the photography at all. How do yours look?

How are the stockings on Aja? I have small runs in mine...anybody else?

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    Did you have any QC issues?

I have 2 Kimbers and both keytars have a shifted Jem logo. The outlines of the star and letters should be completely filled in, no? On one, the pink letters and yellow star are both off, and on the other, the star is off. It doesn't match the photography at all. How do yours look?

How are the stockings on Aja? I have small runs in mine...anybody else?
    You should contact Integrity Toys directly, they most likely can replace the keytars

Heroic Warrior
    You should contact Integrity Toys directly, they most likely can replace the keytars

I have already. They got back to me in two days...not shabby

-Shana has a bad eyelash app on her right eye (which is sad because she is PERFECT otherwise)
    -Ajas both have runs in their stockings
    -Both of Kinber's keytars have a bad tampo Jem logo

Now I have to check wave one

Ok so word is that the 3 wave will be 'The Misfits'!

so what are you guys wanting to see??

[/CENTER]

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Ooh I want these beauties no matter the cost although I'd be happy with getting a Stormer as she's my favourite.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Well its official the 3rd wave of JEM is coming in May and its the Misfits (not April Fools)

Well its official the 3rd wave of JEM is coming in May and its the Misfits (not April Fools)

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...48392905_n.jpg
    WHOAH!!!!! Now we are talking. I bet these things will sell out faster than all of the other releases. They look AWESOME!!! Man, if only they were more affordable I would actually be collecting these.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    WHOAH!!!!! Now we are talking. I bet these things will sell out faster than all of the other releases. They look AWESOME!!! Man, if only they were more affordable I would actually be collecting these.
    Well they should last longer, the edition size was increased by a large margin (1200 of each one vs the 850-1000 in prior waves)

But yeah the price is going to be the biggest hurdle, though in the pantheon of high end fashion dolls these are pretty cheap

Can't wait to see some higher res images. Love the look of them so far, though.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Hmmm...I don't know. The Misfits look too...clean. They're supposed to be a little rough around the edges and angry. Or at the very least scowling. They look kind of vacant and apathetic.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!